Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Have y'all not heard the bit about Dems intentionally defusing #resistance after the midterm because Dems expected an organized backlash to the Mueller report summary and didn't want to have to say no to trying impeachment? There's a thinker right there.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trump miiiiiiiiiight get a bounce of, like, 2-3 points if they released the full report. Assuming it had nothing incriminating. Maybe.
Okay probably not. Which is actually quite fine! At current approvals and swing state (WI/MI/PA/NC/AZ) trends dems would be set to hold the house comfortably and have an entirely reasonable shot at the senate. Actually, my current horror scenario that's not entirely impossible is dems taking the senate with 51 but still losing the presidency via electoral college again. This hinges a lot on ME where Trump could win the state but a dem still beat Collins via ranked choice.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I was looking at the Senate maps for the next 2 elections, and the odds of Dems getting 60 seats in the next 4 years are astronomically low. Will the Dems ever get back to 60+ pending an implosion of the Republican Party? They would need to start winning in places like Mississippi, Alabama, Nebraska, Iowa, and elsewhere to hit that mark. I'm sure it can be done, but with a lot of these elections falling on non-Presidential election years it's pretty rough.

Even 2024 looks rough for Dems considering best case scenario is pick ups in Florida and optimistically Indiana and/or Missouri.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
lmao it's crazy how fast we pivoted to health care.
I get the hand wringing but it's smart politics. I spent 24hrs being furious about the summary and now I'm kind of jazzed for the GOP to continue eating their own tail

Also I just wanted to say it's crazy to me I've been reading your posts for a couple of years and somehow missed that you were a screenwriter (although now it makes sense you being in LA talking to tumor la bamba 😏). Big fan of American Gods. Hope you keep doing well 👍🏻

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the Senate maps for the next 2 elections, and the odds of Dems getting 60 seats in the next 4 years are astronomically low. Will the Dems ever get back to 60+ pending an implosion of the Republican Party? They would need to start winning in places like Mississippi, Alabama, Nebraska, Iowa, and elsewhere to hit that mark. I'm sure it can be done, but with a lot of these elections falling on non-Presidential election years it's pretty rough.

Even 2024 looks rough for Dems considering best case scenario is pick ups in Florida and optimistically Indiana and/or Missouri.

2022 looks better than 2020 honestly.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017

Indeed, that's why the filibuster has to go.

This is fire, damn she's good.

Last edited:

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I get the hand wringing but it's smart politics. I spent 24hrs being furious about the summary and now I'm kind of jazzed for the GOP to continue eating their own tail

Also I just wanted to say it's crazy to me I've been reading your posts for a couple of years and somehow missed that you were a screenwriter (although now it makes sense you being in LA talking to tumor la bamba 😏). Big fan of American Gods. Hope you keep doing well 👍🏻
thanks man, also yeah, it is smart politics, I'm not complaining lmao

also can we cool it now

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colbert did an exceptional job, and also spent more time than usual on his monologue Monday regarding this whole mess. Put into words well probably why Trump won't see a huge spike.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dems are never getting 60 votes in the senate again unless you count the gains from potential new states. The red states that allowed that to happen in 2008 are not coming back and the fact that the 2018 midterms had the senate results that it did shows that even in a good year we couldn't hold in those deep red states.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Senate Dems in 2022 doing any better than 2016 unless Trump is still president imo.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the threads in Etcetera

This is awful and disgusting, glad to see that Rep. Tlaib is speaking out against these types of notes that are being left, could be great if more Democrats would do so:

The Hill article: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/435972-tlaib-shares-hateful-bullying-note-left-on-office-door

The Hill reported that GOP Rep. Mo Brooks from Alabama quoted Adolf Hitler on the House floor, Rep. Ilhan Omar is requesting "accountability" for this action: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...gop-lawmaker-who-quoted-hitler-on-house-floor

And all this, after Omar being the punching bag of AIPAC which Schumer and Pelosi both attended to.

It's so sad that Omar has been targeted, even on this website but I'm glad she continues fighting.

Links: https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-...essed-to-rep-ilhan-omar-read-mod-post.107859/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-...-who-quoted-hitler-on-u-s-house-floor.107850/

Last edited:

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

USA TODAY Politics @usatodayDC

USA TODAY Exclusive: In "The Matriarch," Barbara Bush blames Donald Trump for her heart attack and for driving her from the Republican Party. http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~/600038286/0/usatodaycomwashington-topstories~Barbara-Bush-Did-she-still-consider-herself-a-Republican-aposIaposd-probably-say-no-todayapos/ …

4:23 AM - Mar 27, 2019

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Details from new Barbara Bush book:

*Bush blamed Trump for her heart attack.

*She said by today's terms, with Trump's rise, she would not classify herself as a Republican.

*Bush kept Trump Countdown clock. It sat next to her bed until the day she died.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/27/barbara-bush-blamed-trump-heart-attack-leaving-gop-the-matriarch/3270187002/ …

7:00 AM - Mar 27, 2019

Oct 26, 2017
Wow white people get really heated over Smollett...

Not saying he isn't potentially scumbag (I have absolutely no idea what's going on after yesterday), but all the old baby boomers on Morning Joe basically said the prosecutors should have demanded an eternal gag order on Smollett, so he could never ever discuss the case. Clearly the prosecution f*cked up their case somewhere, so why as a free man should Smollett have his first amendments rights forfeited?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
It's quite funny that Trump may not be getting much of a polling bump *because* he attacked the investigation he claims now exonerates him so publicly for two years.

He fucked himself, again.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

USA TODAY Politics @usatodayDC

USA TODAY Exclusive: In "The Matriarch," Barbara Bush blames Donald Trump for her heart attack and for driving her from the Republican Party. http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~/600038286/0/usatodaycomwashington-topstories~Barbara-Bush-Did-she-still-consider-herself-a-Republican-aposIaposd-probably-say-no-todayapos/ …

4:23 AM - Mar 27, 2019

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Details from new Barbara Bush book:

*Bush blamed Trump for her heart attack.

*She said by today's terms, with Trump's rise, she would not classify herself as a Republican.

*Bush kept Trump Countdown clock. It sat next to her bed until the day she died.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/27/barbara-bush-blamed-trump-heart-attack-leaving-gop-the-matriarch/3270187002/ …

7:00 AM - Mar 27, 2019

But not a word of complaint of her husband and son's corrupt presidencies.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

Equating white supremacists with Omar. It's just baffling and quite Islamophobic.

WTF Chuck. I can think it's wrong that we are so heavily invested in Israel and vice versa. I don't hate Jews though. I don't want to wipe them off the map or blow up Israel. I think it's a bit of a stretch then to declare that I'm just as crazy as a hardcore white supremacist.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

And all this, after Omar being the punching bag of AIPAC which Schumer and Pelosi both attended to.

It's so sad that Omar has been targeted, even on this website but I'm glad she continues fighting.

Did you literally just quote stuff from another thread and try to start the conversation here?

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

He's still a huge racist who doesn't consider Puerto Rico a "real" part of the USA?

mild_shock_patrick_stewart_acting.gif

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly not be surprised if Trump harbors a specific and special hatred for Puerto Rico because he sees it as a shithole mexican island America has to pay for instead of Mexico.

They're brown people.
Who speak Spanish.
Who are critical of Trump and won't bend the knee and kiss the ring.

Why Democrats are wasting so much time on documents regarding Russia and not hammering this fucker about his treatment of US Citizens is baffling.

Drag Mulvaney's ass in front of Congress and rip him a new one.

Oct 27, 2017

With the amount of metacommentary in the tlaib thread about PoliEra, quoting people directly may be perceived as you wanting to stir things up. Quote a link to the thread itself if you think the topic is interesting enough. Thanks.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
It legitimately baffles me the media spent so much time asking "is this Obama's Katrina?" and here we are with Trump and Puerto Rico. We get almost no real coverage. Just acceptance that he fucking sucks and is racist so I guess no continued stories.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
It legitimately baffles me the media spent so much time asking "is this Obama's Katrina?" and here we are with Trump and Puerto Rico. We get almost no real coverage. Just acceptance that he fucking sucks and is racist so I guess no continued stories.

I wonder if there has been any polling to see what percent of Americans are aware anyone from PR can move to the US at any time for any reason since they are US Citizens.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
I've been around a long time and I know nobody listens to my orders. It doesn't seem the left is organized in fighting Trump and his minions. Voting and raising awareness while important isn't exactly the winning strategy when the right continues to steal elections through voter suppression and purging of the rolls. A general strike is the most legit way to say we're sick of the way things are being run. Republicans are morally bankrupt.

No offense but this kinda stuff really gets at me. If you think this is so important than do something about it other than post on a forum about it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Trump miiiiiiiiiight get a bounce of, like, 2-3 points if they released the full report. Assuming it had nothing incriminating. Maybe.
Okay probably not. Which is actually quite fine! At current approvals and swing state (WI/MI/PA/NC/AZ) trends dems would be set to hold the house comfortably and have an entirely reasonable shot at the senate. Actually, my current horror scenario that's not entirely impossible is dems taking the senate with 51 but still losing the presidency via electoral college again. This hinges a lot on ME where Trump could win the state but a dem still beat Collins via ranked choice.
No way in hell Trump wins Maine. You should be worrying about other states.

How is anyone surprised by Schumer's bullshit? He's said stuff like this for YEARS.

A little morning humor:

These are actually quite good.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
No way in hell Trump wins Maine. You should be worrying about other states.

How is anyone surprised by Schumer's bullshit? He's said stuff like this for YEARS.
Clinton only won it by about three points in 2016. I'd say it's worth worrying about, but I don't think any Clinton state flips red.

I'd rather win every vote we can, though it would be kind of funny if we won NE-2 while Trump won ME-2. Crazy how those states splitting their EVs by district only came into play recently (with Nebraska in 08 and Maine in 16), and we may very well have an election where both states split their EVs.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
No offense but this kinda stuff really gets at me. If you think this is so important than do something about it other than post on a forum about it.
Okay, other people couldn't fight this, let me snap my fingers and make it all better... gimmie a break!
We post here to vent, and it does help.
Shit like this, condescendingly being told to do something about it, makes me feel Charlie being told to get a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.