Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Greg Stohr @GregStohr

BREAKING: Supreme Court backs Trump on border wall, lets administration start using reprogrammed Pentagon dollars to construct more than 100 miles of fencing.

The four liberal justices all at least partially dissent. Breyer says he would let the administration finalize the contracts but not begin construction.

osV6zqR.png

UyNXNY6.png

KmLAPrG.png

6:28 PM - Jul 26, 2019

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Greg Stohr @GregStohr

BREAKING: Supreme Court backs Trump on border wall, lets administration start using reprogrammed Pentagon dollars to construct more than 100 miles of fencing.

The four liberal justices all at least partially dissent. Breyer says he would let the administration finalize the contracts but not begin construction.

God fucking damnit

Just when we get a couple pieces of good news Trump always finds a victory piece to latch on to

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Greg Stohr @GregStohr

osV6zqR.png

UyNXNY6.png

KmLAPrG.png

Ugh.

At least fencing's easier to get rid of and wasn't what he promised. His ego will still act like it's the thickest concrete known to man.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's 100% getting reelected now

edit: lmao I was gonna wait to admit this was a joke until someone called me out on it but it's too much. this ain't OT

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Greg Stohr @GregStohr

osV6zqR.png

UyNXNY6.png

KmLAPrG.png

Man.....
he's 100% getting reelected now
What

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

M24uddA.gif

Until the GOP feels like they have to course correct because not even cheating will win them elections, expect any future crop of GOP Senators, House members, and Presidential candidates to be the lowest of the low at the bottom of the barrel.

The GOP is bleeding "moderates" and they are only being replaced with braindead pond scum.

Course correction was in 2008.

They did the opposite over the screaming klaxons and damning evidence. "Oh dont worry, Leo and Ailes and the boys got this down. We dont need women and minorities and such but if some wanna tag along thats fine!"

Hell, there was some really good interview with Ros-Lehtinen right before her last term ended that was her responding to a question about how the caucus is taking a nasty loss and she was talking about sitting in a meeting of current and future House Foreign Relations Committee she chaired and noticing how few of her colleagues really "got" anything outside their district (a rather big thing for that group natch). The more unlike where they came from, the less they even cared. Something to the effect that win seats or lose, for a while the % of the caucus that was that kind of rep always grew.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Republicans: "Obama is pulling much needed funds from the military for a pet project, putting our safety and the troops safety at risk. Impeachment!"
Same Republicans: "It's cool that Trump is pulling funds from the military for a pet project."

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
The silver lining is that one is able to do do the same thing for any other project that needs money.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot. But it's also something that would take a lot of time, considering contracts aren't there. Which means you can abort it like the Bluths.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I think this is a rxn to the border wall. Hope all of you are keeping it together better than this.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Greg Stohr @GregStohr

osV6zqR.png

UyNXNY6.png

KmLAPrG.png

Colossal waste of money that still won't do anything to stop immigration, and will hurt him in the general election.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
What does this mean exactly? It's different reps than spoke at noon.

I think the judiciary committee, or many of its members, are tired of this fucking bullshit at the very least. I'm also struck that the authors allowed this to go live after Chairman Nadler held his press conference today. His vice chair signed this, no less?

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Good. I'm expecting many more by the time they get back from recess. Constituents need to let them have it at their town halls.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Does this mean Trump can use any funds approved for any agency on anything, effectively bypassing Congress' control of spending?

Oct 25, 2017
I think the judiciary committee, or many of its members, are tired of this fucking bullshit at the very least. I'm also struck that the authors allowed this to go live after Chairman Nadler held his press conference today. His vice chair signed this, no less?

Nadler has had his committee ready to launch and inquiry since report day. Pelosi and other D leadership has stood in the way of that. Finally it looks like the wheels are turning the right way.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
The house is basically going to just let him do as he wills and leave it to the voters in 2020 at this point, there's no fire under their ass and the moderates are scared shitless. What a crock.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean Trump can use any funds approved for any agency on anything, effectively bypassing Congress' control of spending?
No ruling has been made yet, and the current ruling seems to be that irreparable harm would not happen for construction to go ahead (which is currently replacing existing fencing).

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Nadler has had his committee ready to launch and inquiry since report day. Pelosi and other D leadership has stood in the way of that. Finally it looks like the wheels are turning the right way.

Indeed, and Nadler is known to be increasingly displeased by this slow-walking. But he also didn't sound this stern about it at his press conference. I'm just very curious about the timing of this. Like... did he know this was coming? Did he quietly agree to his committee members writing this, or did he even support them? Was Pelosi aware?

...Is this actually 4D chess where Pelosi lets the caucus "make her do this"?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It's long been my belief, that Trump would leave office with a partially built wall we could leave rotting as a testimony to his abject failure, so I'm not too bothered by this. There's not much they're going to get done in one and half years I imagine.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Um

A new bill signed by Gov. Kristi Noem took effect this month, requiring all public schools in the state to display the motto.

South Dakota lawmakers who proposed the law told the Associated Press that the requirement was meant to inspire patriotism in the state's public schools.

The display must be located in "a prominent location" in each school, such as the school entryway, cafeteria, or other common areas, according to a summary of the bill. It also must be "easily readable" and not smaller than twelve inches wide by twelve inches high.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
God bless Nadler.

Also, it's kind of pathetic that the Sanders campaign is trying to turn an offhand comment by a cable news contributor on a weekend show into a whole entire thing. I mean, s'alittle desperate, is all...

I mean, the dude wrote rape fanfiction. He's thrown potshots at Hillary Clinton only having support "because she's a woman" since 2016. So if a woman wants to say he makes her skin crawl, he's earned that. She said what she said.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
It's long been my belief, that Trump would leave office with a partially built wall we could leave rotting as a testimony to his abject failure, so I'm not too bothered by this. There's not much they're going to get done in one and half years I imagine.

Fuck the environmental effects of a partially built wall, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.