• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
The Warren slant in this thread is always unreal.

What are you all going to do when she endorses Sanders?

Disappear? Swallow your pride? What?

You all seem too stubborn to ever change your minds about anything.

I fully expect that to happen and I'd be happy. Most people here would vote for him over Biden or Pete

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Ya'll coming in this thread and stir this shit up is gonna get your asses banned. You folks cant seem to grasp political analytics from people that have been in this community for years that understand nationwide elections and the realities of the senate and EC. People in this thread talking about how Biden might be the best way forward or Warren for that matter, arent exactly in some cult worshiping them. They are looking at polls and elections in red states and purple states, and because those thoughts get verbalized and talked about regularly, it immediately seems to be taken as OT true progressives VS this thread., which is horseshit. Like i unironically see this every day from people. And im not just talking about todays events over these stupid squabbles. This has been a year long thing.

The experts in this thread sound a lot like the media and the pundits in 2016 with the whole "a moderate has broad appeal and that´s why Hillary will win". And yes, this has been a year long thing.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
My state is after Super Tuesday and is 99% gonna go for Biden anyway and so if Warren is out at that point imma just stay my ass home.
Obviously, I'm coming out to vote for whoever the nominee is on election night (even though my state is 99.9% going to Trump)

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The experts in this thread sound a lot like the media and the pundits in 2016 with the whole "a moderate has broad appeal and that´s why Hillary will win". And yes, this has been a year long thing.

Biden is not Hillary for so many reasons that we've gone over and over to death. And ironically considering the controversy that Bernie is finding himself in, if Hillary had a dick she'd have won.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is not Hillary for so many reasons that we've gone over and over to death.
Plus most of those takes come from the fact it's just responding to a ton of polls in important states saying the same thing. Not that we love or endorse it. We arent talking heads on fucking msnbc or something pushing a paid agenda for x candidate.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna regret this monkey paw, but how about the next Dem debate be moderated by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

The ratings would be yuuuuge and perhaps we could talk about actual issues and leave the jokes to the professionals.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

If Sanders made it the GE I guarantee you every regular in this thread (who can vote in the US) would suck it up and vote for Sanders. This is not controversial.

The fact that you ask this of the Warren supporters in this thread like it's some sort of gotcha reveals a lot more about you than you're probably aware of.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna regret this monkey paw, but how about the next Dem debate be moderated by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

The ratings would be yuuuuge and perhaps we could talk about actual issues and leave the jokes to the professionals.
Humor from the moderators would probably unironically make everyone seem more genuine and truthful.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'd vote for Tulsi over Trump, easily
Tulsi is like the one candidate who would give me pause in the general.

I'd probably still vote for her but regardless of the outcome, give up and head north to Canada. Both parties would be fundamentally broken by that point.

Good thing her favorability within the party is like negative six thousand.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

I'd probably still vote for her but regardless of the outcome, give up and head north to Canada. Both parties would be fundamentally broken by that point.

Good thing her favorability within the party is like negative six thousand.
This is probably more accurate to my reaction as well, I'd still vote for her over Trump I guess...

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The fact that you ask this of the Warren supporters in this thread like it's some sort of gotcha reveals a lot more about you than you're probably aware of.
Yeah I'm finding it very telling that "I'm not even sure you lifelong committed Democratic voters are even going to vote for this Democratic nominee!" is the first idea

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

There is no pause in the general for me, I'd vote for anyone with a D next to their name over Trump, and wouldn't think twice

Oct 27, 2017
There's also a fair bit of difference between saying it's more difficult for a woman to win and saying a woman can't win, even if it's for the same reason, but we'll never know the exact words or context of the conversation so whatever.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Petes probably dumb enough to think he can win.

I think he knows by now that winning isn't on the cards for him.

But I'd like him to win at least Iowa, and in doing so break through a glass ceiling. It would be a good moment for gays.

Maybe not a major moment, but an ok sized one.

There are so many great LGBT political minds currently relegated to being just public servants, advisors, and operatives in our political systems. Heck how many gays are there in this very thread? Hopefully, Pete's success in this year's primary shows them (and straight people) that Moderate voters are increasingly open to LGBT candidates and we see a whole new generation of LGBT politicians.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think Clinton was a stronger candidate than Biden is now and would have been in 2016.

Clinton would have mopped the floor with Biden in 2016.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

In a GE? Sure, I'll bite the bullet.

In a primary? Hell no. I'm not obligated to vote for somebody just because you like them.

They ain't slick. They know exactly what they're doing.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sanders is my second pick so...I'm gonna vote for him?

Weird flex but ok my guy.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I....don't think I could vote for Tulsi. She's literally the only one I probably wouldn't vote for. I'd vote for Yang without a second thought, but I don't think I could bring myself to vote for Tulsi.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I asked this earlier but no one responded. Has anything been written about why online polls have been tougher for Trump than live phone call polls? The obvious explanation is phone calling skews older people but any good pollster whether online or live will weight their sample to account for that kind of stuff.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sanders made it the GE I guarantee you every regular in this thread (who can vote in the US) would suck it up and vote for Sanders. This is not controversial.

I mean form my memory most of the long timers in this thread that currently like Warren but are accepting it's probably not happening, were on the Harris train, or whoever else at the time was giving the best answers and polling trends. Certainly minds get changed regularly.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I asked this earlier but no one responded. Has anything been written about why online polls have been tougher for Trump than live phone call polls? The obvious explanation is phone calling skews older people but any good pollster whether online or live will weight their sample to account for that kind of stuff.
I think it's something that Nate Cohn seems like he has a hyper fixation on that no other data people seem to care about, for good reason.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably still vote for her but regardless of the outcome, give up and head north to Canada.
Canada follows the US as they say. They just had their 2012 moment. They will probably have their 2014 moments soon enough, and then their 2016 moment will be something to behold.

I'd take my chances in Mexico; despite everything that's a country that will be on the upswing this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.