• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg is "running" but given that he skips all of the media stuff and is explicitly targeting Trump and vulnerable GOP Senators with ads, it's seeming much more like the campaign is pretense.

I'm not sure how accurate this was, but I saw a twitter account hypothesizing that he was keeping the campaign going solely because he would get discounts for these ad buys.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to the Sun Belt Romney-Clinton voters surveyed in this week's The Wilderness is quite sobering and very maddening. One woman who says she's voted almost evenly between Democratic and Republican presidents her whole life. Like what the fuck...lady, you're tearing the country apart!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Sun Belt Romney-Clinton voters surveyed in this week's The Wilderness is quite sobering and very maddening. One woman who says she's voted almost evenly between Democratic and Republican presidents her whole life. Like what the fuck...lady, you're tearing the country apart!
Seen a lot of those types of interviews where the sentiment is that because they're balanced, fair, and open-minded individuals the best idea is to always vote for the other party every cycle. Because there must be balance. I feel if you dissect those people's views it would reveal a black hole of ignorance about history and politics.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Lots of new polls coming plus the Selzer poll for next Saturday

Qualifying poll recap:

-Fox national (confirmed Sunday)
-CBS/YouGov Battleground Tracker (possible early states on Sunday)
-UNH/CNN NH (coming soon)
-Marist NH (possibly with NBC, coming soon)
-ABC/WaPo national (possibly coming soon)
-Quinnipiac is also probably due next week

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
lol, "people will hear about this." Pompeo is an absolute goon. Hear about what, that she could find Ukraine on a map? It doesn't even make sense as a response!

Seen a lot of those types of interviews where the sentiment is that because they're balanced, fair, and open-minded individuals the best idea is to always vote for the other party every cycle. Because there must be balance. I feel if you dissect those people's views it would reveal a black hole of ignorance about history and politics.
I know, it drives me crazy. It's also the reason I keep seeing Republican governors despite living in blue states all my life.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
lol, "people will hear about this." Pompeo is an absolute goon. Hear about what, that she could find Ukraine on a map? It doesn't even make sense as a response!
I assume it means that the right-wing spin machine will go on and on about how NPR was "biased" by actually asking him tough questions for a change. He'll have a little safe-space rant on Fox about it, and how NPR is somehow now a "radical leftist" news source.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to fight off a cold and been resting most of the last 24 hours.....

I was pretty hard against Bloomberg entering this race but, as a North Carolinian that is seeing LOTS of his ads, I think it will be a good thing. He's really nailing Trump and I believe he is sincere in backing whoever the eventual nominee is. Hopefully Steyer will do the same.
Yeah, if he really is grinding Trump's gears, then I'm fine with him. Let him take all the aggro while the real candidates avoid the heat.

B E N G H A Z I
E
N
G
H
A
Z
I

WTF????? Can anyone explain this?

Adds more fuel onto the fire for her as a possible VP pick for Biden.
Linkura gonna turn into King Kong once that happens
I don't get what you're trying to say?
Lots of new polls coming plus the Selzer poll for next Saturday

We feastin' boys.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Just fuck all the way off, Lindsey.
"Nobody has done an investigation anywhere near like the Mueller investigation of the Bidens, and I think they should. And when this is over the Congress will do it, if we can't have an outside entity do it," Graham told reporters.

Graham stressed that he would like "somebody outside of politics" to lead the investigation, but repeatedly said if that did not happen he would take the reins of a probe into former Vice President Joe Biden, his son Hunter Biden and Ukraine.

"You know why I don't want to do it? I love Joe Biden. I don't want to do this," Graham said, before adding: "I don't want it to be Lindsey Graham, because it will be hard for me, but if I have to I will do it."

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand how Trumps approval numbers have gone slightly up. Washington Post has him at 44%, their highest ever(usually in upper 30s in their polls). Among registered voters his approval was 47%. Emerson just released a poll with 47% approval as well.

Also, the Wash Post poll showed 49% against removing, 46% in support. Surprisingly Trump does worse in Fox News polls in terms of removal than others like Wash Post and Gallup.

Bronlonius

Oct 29, 2017
I always figured it was a bucket list item for him. He's got the polling apparatus to know he doesn't have a chance in hell. It's certainly a creative way to burn a lot of money, though. Better than it sitting in a vault for eternity, at least.

Last I read, he's keeping up the ads, even beyond the official nomination, just to get under Trump's skin.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I don't understand how Trumps approval numbers have gone slightly up.
I assume the China "deal," such as it is, has something to do with it. I mean he completely fucked over manufacturers and farmers for closing in on two years now, and the tariffs aren't actually going away until sometime after the election, but China agreed to buy some commodities, not yet dealing with any of the U.S.'s underlying issues with China and trade. But there was technically a "China trade deal" signed so... yay?

Oct 27, 2017
I assume the China "deal," such as it is, has something to do with it. I mean he completely fucked over manufacturers and farmers for closing in on two years now, and the tariffs aren't actually going away until sometime after the election, but China agreed to buy some commodities, not yet dealing with any of the U.S.'s underlying issues with China and trade. But there was technically a "China trade deal" signed so... yay?

Until he fucks it up again like always

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

I mean, there shouldn't be debates because debates is just platforming him to people who wouldn't otherwise be exposed to his garbage (since some independents have likely tuned out his rallies but would tune in to this). You don't debate the alt right, you don't debate pathological liars.

It was a missed opportunity to make it a movement in this primary for asking leading candidates whether they would refuse to debate him. They should.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
make the primary thread full of primary info and have a rule where only polls, possibilities and results are to be discussed. Nothing about personal candidate preference. Boom

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way they didn't copy the starfleet logo. It's basically exactly the same but made out of prefab photoshop shapes or something

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Gideon seems pretty cool and competent from what I've seen. Should make a great addition to the Senate.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
But what about a secondary thread?

MTugFKh5_2J_eDmJLNjquvh2jbY=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.