• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm silly but I just signed up a year, mostly to read My Hero Academia since I've been meaning to try that out. Any other easy recommendations? I haven't read a ton of manga but my favorites have probably been Pluto, Cross Game, and Delicious in Dungeon (maybe One Punch Man too but I saw the anime first so I enjoyed that more as a result). Currently enjoying reading through all Hellboy, Mind MGMT too which obviously aren't anime but just an indicator of my preferences.
Well there will be Haikyuu now if you want another sports series. There is also World Trigger which is a sci fi fusion of a sports and battle manga.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Updated, from a glance it looks like everything is there, even colored Dragon Ball manga.

Edit: not everything is there, HxH, YYH, Jojo

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's quite a lot of new and old stuff in here so I'm still pretty happy. Haikyu has up to chapter 260 and the latest chapter, so it's missing the last 70 chapters

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the difference with the Viz snd Shonen Jump aps, anyways? Can you still access SJ on the Viz one?
I believe the Viz app has series that aren't included under Viz's "Shonen Jump" imprint/label/whatever. So I think everything that's in SJ app is in Viz app but not everything that's in Viz is in SJ.

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
There's quite a lot of new and old stuff in here so I'm still pretty happy. Haikyu has up to chapter 260 and the latest chapter, so it's missing the last 70 chapters
That gap will be filled in as time goes on. There was a podcast mentioning that for Haikyuu and Kimetsu no Yaiba, that only the chapters already released in the volume releases and the latest chapters would be in the archive initially.

OP
OP
Bigkrev

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Site is on fire right now, it can't recognize my log-in. I'll wait for the app update later today to check this out

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
This might be a good time to let y'all know, if anyone decides to go ahead and read Haikyuu, come join us in the Haikyuu OT. There's not a lot of us, but still!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest omission is definitely Hunter x Hunter right now, but hopefully that gets added soon unless there's legal reasons for it not being here. Would be a shame since I was really looking forward to a quick and easy way to recap whenever it comes out of hiatus.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, got in, and whoa nelly that's a lot of series. Worth bearing in mind stuff like Dragon Ball is divided up into stuff like Z as according to western marketing:
drkSh3X.jpg

0xKwHQ1.jpg

zE7YZpS.jpg

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Hmm...despite the number of titles, nothing I particularly wanted to read is on there (was hoping to get into Saint Seiya by the time Jump Force comes out.)

I wonder how many chapters of Haikyuu I'll be able to catch up on.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Come on, Viz. Compared to almost every other series, HxH is the one that you pretty much need to read the official translations for.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that the SJ app is still barely functional, but hey it works and only crashes occasionally.

This is seriously an amazing deal though.

OP
OP
Bigkrev

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The only notable absence I noticed apart from Hunter x Hunter and YYH was Eyeshield 21...

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good list, 4 of the series I regularly follow are on there so it'll be well worth the price.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'd read some of Promised Neverland so I'll definitely catch up on that (and probably reread from the start). Then there's also Dr. Stone which seems neat... I'll dig into a lot of stuff over time I'm sure.

DB I already have all the volumes of (but need to get back to reading + watching Buu, whoops). And MHA + AssClass I'd like to read but already have some volumes of... so at least in the latter case I'll probably just finish that physically. I really need to buy some more manga in general, hmm.

But this is gonna be great for long running stuff that would be hard to justify buying volumes of. I can't wait to fiiiiinally dig into One Piece.

OP
OP
Bigkrev

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So if anyone here decides to give Dr. Stone a whirl I made an OT for it Dr. Stone OT. Would love to hear y'alls first impressions and thoughts on it!

I read the first dozen chapters and hated it, but apparently it gets really good basically right at the point I stopped at, lol. Maybe one day....
Bakuman is the first thing on my list to go through though.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice, this is up just in time for my lunch break.

Gonna subscribe for the month in the hopes that it gets me in the habit of reading manga, which I'm terrible about. Every 1-2 years when a new Yotsuba volume is published I remember "oh yeah, I like reading manga," look into a couple things and then forget until the next volume is out.

OP
OP
Bigkrev

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
My suggestion for everyone who wants something short and fun- read School Judgement (Gakkyu Hotei). The art is by Obata (Death Note), and its about an elementary school judicial system, complete with judges, lawyers, etc. Fun read!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they just had a "download all of today's releases" button. I'm not sure how much I'll stick with, but I had recently started reading every manga in Jump.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Anyone got recommendations for good art in these? I'll probably check out most of the series at some point but I'm interested in taking notes from some series with very strong art. :D

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got recommendations for good art in these? I'll probably check out most of the series at some point but I'm interested in taking notes from some series with very strong art. :D
Promised Neverland has very striking art and consistently has the best color pages in Jump