• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ridge

Mar 16, 2022
Northern Norway
Heya, thanks for approving my account! Been lurking for.. at least a couple of years now, happy to be here finally.
Not the best at talking about myself, I'm just a run of the mill Northern Norwegian studying game design, 3D and C#. Love racing and action games, I'm also a Linux user running Arch Linux on my desktop; so I always love to chat Linux native/Wine gaming! (Mostly playing Elite Dangerous as of writing)
Looking forward to being a part of the community 😁

Hi! I'm new around here. I'm pretty good at making pixels bigger. Glad to meet you!

omg, you're the hero that fixed up our Xbox Live pics!! You rule.

Last edited:

honey

Mar 18, 2022
hello! It's nice to meet you all! I'm always kinda nervous meeting new people, but I'm sure I'll have a great time here. <3

partyush

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
User banned (permanent): Troll account
I am a crypto influencer and investor, thanks for admin to approve me :)

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am a crypto influencer and investor, thanks for admin to approve me :)
I would check the rules before posting about stuff Iike that, pretty sure there was so much hassle back and forth that there are serious rules that get lots of threads closed ( both pro and con) but I think there is an official thread open still you can use.

Mar 22, 2022
Good day to all, I'm sounwave and it's lovely to be here.

I'll try my best to add to the conversation constructively and bust out some of my best jokes.

I would check the rules before posting about stuff Iike that, pretty sure there was so much hassle back and forth that there are serious rules that get lots of threads closed ( both pro and con) but I think there is an official thread open still you can use.

Not sure if serious or a troll account, but in case of the former: no thanks, we don't want any.

I don't know, I think someone who lists their pronouns as "party" maybe legit?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good day to all, I'm sounwave and it's lovely to be here.

I'll try my best to add to the conversation constructively and bust out some of my best jokes.

I don't know, I think someone who lists their pronouns as "party" maybe legit?
Yeah, just trying to be nice. I like to welcome people and just got off a ban so treading softly. Did report the other already banned one for advertising in a different thread.

But don't want to derail so welcome, enjoy, and looks like your already ready to contribute so welcome aboard.

Bennett

Mar 29, 2022
Mondstadt
Oh... I was supposed to introduce myself first?

oh, god.

Well, name's Bennett (yes, like that character from that famous gacha game).

Nice to meet you all.

dePeatrick

Mar 16, 2022
Ireland
Hi, joined because of the Russia/Ukraine thread as it is so good. I'm nit much of a gamer nowadays but that could change hanging around here. Gotta say the people around here are pretty cool :)

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi, joined because of the Russia/Ukraine thread as it is so good. I'm nit much of a gamer nowadays but that could change hanging around here. Gotta say the people around here are pretty cool :)
While the "no one actually plays games" joke is just that, a joke on this side it happens more than you'd think. Not just people that don't play anymore but people who never really did. And while it's the same forum with overlap, in general the two different boards are two different crowds, so it really doesn't matter to be honest if your mostly posting on this side of things.

dePeatrick

Mar 16, 2022
Ireland
While the "no one actually plays games" joke is just that, a joke on this side it happens more than you'd think. Not just people that don't play anymore but people who never really did. And while it's the same forum with overlap, in general the two different boards are two different crowds, so it really doesn't matter to be honest if your mostly posting on this side of things.
Thanks Jessie, I ended up here after googling the war a few times and there are some very interesting posters and some posting from Ukraine so first hand knowledge of what is happening.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks Jessie, I ended up here after googling the war a few times and there are some very interesting posters and some posting from Ukraine so first hand knowledge of what is happening.
Yeah. I find both games and real world it's one of the best news aggregators out there, add in the community talking about it and it's great.

Also as this is the welcome thread, welcome and I hope you stick around, new faces are always nice and as long as they are not bigoted or brain dead I for one love reading differing opinions on things.

Happy Posting!

dePeatrick

Mar 16, 2022
Ireland
Yeah. I find both games and real world it's one of the best news aggregators out there, add in the community talking about it and it's great.

Also as this is the welcome thread, welcome and I hope you stick around, new faces are always nice and as long as they are not bigoted or brain dead I for one love reading differing opinions on things.

Happy Posting!
Thanks again Jessie, I'm not bigoted and I don't think I'm brain dead :D Likely I will stick around for a while, some other interesting threads on here I might have a look at, hopefully our paths will cross again.

TheBeesKnees

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2022
Hello people! Just got approved by the admins (thank you admins!). I've been a long time lurker and I've finally decided it was time to make an account. I love talking about sports. My favorite teams are the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Falcons. And I love video games and films. I hope I can have good discussions with everyone here!

Milfanito ~

Apr 1, 2022
Hi. Like many before me and after I have been a lurker for several months now, staying in the shadows.
I finally decided to join.
Greetings to all. ~

scoob

Apr 4, 2022
PNW
Hello everyone! Thank you for the approval admins. I've been looking for a good, active forum for years now and feel like I finally found it here. Excited to be part of this community!

Guggzs

Apr 6, 2022
Hello, everybody.

Really glad to have joined the forum. I'm autistic and have longed for a place to be able to communicate, fit in and hopefully make some friends who share the same passions and interests.

I really like sports, films, dogs & video games, of course.

Looking forward to being a member for a long time to come.

Thanks for reading!

Tome

Mar 27, 2022
Canada
Hello everyone!

New member here who recently found out about ResetEra. This seems like a fun place to discuss some of my favorite topics: video games, film, music, and literature.

Excited to join the community. :)

Random8

Apr 10, 2022
hello everyone! I'm a 29 year old guy who likes to debate and comment theories, comments about videogames and without belittling anyone. Kind and nice person :) I hope to have a good experience in this forum. Oh, and I'm a VERY big fan of God of War.

Apr 9, 2022
Hey everyone! Happy to be approved and I'm looking forward to posting in some of the OT's and hopefully making some new friends along the way. You'll probably find me hanging out in RPG threads mostly. Mainly wanted to join because I miss posting on forums like these! Decent ones are hard to find these days.

Zeroing

Banned
Apr 9, 2022
Hello everyone! Just got approved by the admins, thank you :) I am a graphic designer based on a tiny island in Portugal.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Hi everyone! I've actually been a member for just shy of a month, but wanted to properly introduce myself (and also never noticed this thread).

I'm OaklandKao/Elly. I'm an occasional videogame writer. I've worked for Unseen64 as well as being featured in their book, wrote two articles for Hardcore Gaming 101, those being Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw, and I am currently an editor and reviewer on TheSwitchEffect. I recently started transitioning, so names on those sites are...outdated outside of HG101.

I'm mostly a handheld gamer, enjoying more the portable aspect as I can have a film or TV series on in the background, or put the game down *whenever*, but I'll play on anything if it has a game I want, but I'll mostly lean towards my Switch, especially for retro compilations. Love having nearly every mainline Mega Man game on one console.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone! I've actually been a member for just shy of a month, but wanted to properly introduce myself (and also never noticed this thread).

I'm OaklandKao/Elly. I'm an occasional videogame writer. I've worked for Unseen64 as well as being featured in their book, wrote two articles for Hardcore Gaming 101, those being Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw, and I am currently an editor and reviewer on TheSwitchEffect. I recently started transitioning, so names on those sites are...outdated outside of HG101.

I'm mostly a handheld gamer, enjoying more the portable aspect as I can have a film or TV series on in the background, or put the game down *whenever*, but I'll play on anything if it has a game I want, but I'll mostly lean towards my Switch, especially for retro compilations. Love having nearly every mainline Mega Man game on one console.
Welcome, cool to see a new games writer, I always hope it helps elevate the discourse.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Welcome, cool to see a new games writer, I always hope it helps elevate the discourse.
I'll link to a few I like. Particularly proud of my SotD page. It's even referenced on Wikipedia, which is funny to me. Someone is gonna look the game up on Wikipedia and find my article and learn stuff. A youtuber I'm a big fan of who did a long retrospective on the game even said I pointed out things he didn't know about. It was incredible to have the person who made the video series that influenced me to write about the game, compliment my article.

Elly Oak – Hardcore Gaming 101

On Unseen64, their The Evil Within article was...lacking, so I dug deep into old forums, trailers, gameplay videos. I'm a big fan of the game so I wanted to display some of it's development, and specifically touch upon the misconceptions about the development.

www.unseen64.net

The Evil Within [Beta Differences] - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for The Evil Within [Beta Differences] Help us to remember cancelled video games!

I did two articles on Unseen64 as well for a few er...unpopular games that had troubled development.

www.unseen64.net

Devil's Third [PS3, Xbox 360, PC - Cancelled] - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Devil's Third [PS3, Xbox 360, PC - Cancelled] Help us to remember cancelled video games!
www.unseen64.net

Ride to Hell: Retribution [Prototype - Xbox 360, PS3, PC] - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Ride to Hell: Retribution [Prototype - Xbox 360, PS3, PC] Help us to remember cancelled video games!

I love Devil's Third, so I wanted to have more of what it was before the WiiU release out in the open. Unfortunately, my article is a bit outdated do to a THQ dev kit with early cutscene footage of the 360 version being released...last year?

Ride to Hell is an interesting one, since it started as an ENTIRELY different game and even had a cover story back in Play.

makkoii

Apr 13, 2022
Hello! My name is makkoii and I'm new here. I used to frequent forums a lot but lately I feel like I don't gave the attention span for them so I'm trying to change that. A little bit of research brought me to ResetEra
I study music and sometimes stream video games on twitch :)
Hope to get along with you all.

Ravager

Apr 11, 2022
Hi! My name is Rayanna and I joined this forum to find a place to hold a discussion on the current issues and everyday things. I also hope I'll find new friends here!

Marchbaby

Apr 13, 2022
Colorado, USA
Hello everyone, I have been visiting the site for a few years and since it turns out Comcast emails are accepted I decided to join. I am a huge fan of the Brothers in Arms series as well as Okami, Medal of Honor, World of Tanks, World of Warships, and a number of other games. Outside of gaming I also love malls and dead malls, animals, and military history especially the two world wars. I also like to roleplay on a Pokemon Roleplay I have been a member of for years. If you ever want to chat feel free to send me a PM. I am hoping to post in other threads soon but while I had the chance I wanted to at least post in this one as I have been wanting to do so for a few days now.

Spesi

Apr 26, 2022
Finland
Hey all, thank you for whoever approved! Like many others, I've been lurking for years until I finally decided to create an account.

I used to write about games & the industry for years, but eventually other nerdy jobs took over...:) (still following the industry closely). Story driven games are my jam, sci-fi probably a favourite genre & I'm trying to follow and support (local) indies as best as I can. In general anything but horror goes.

Awesome to be part of this community!