• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cereal comes from Ceres, goddess of agriculture in old Greece.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I have eaten cereal for breakfast every morning since I was a kid. This list is offensive as hell. Healthy, low sugar cereals taste just as good if not better than sugar cereals. And more importantly, the breakfast cereals modeled after desserts are garbage tier. They don't taste half as good as the real thing, and they're god-awful nutrition wise.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
CTC isn't top tier; list is trash.

I haven't had cereal this year, but when I was eating cereal? CTC, Cocoa Pebbles, and Frosted Flakes were the top of the game.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
A few comments

1) Captain Crunch tears up your mouth, any cereal that causes physical pain should NOT be SS Tier

2) If Captain Crunch gets multiple entries, then so must Raisin Bran and Raisin Bran Crunch be classified as separate Cereals. I can agree with the primary tier of core Raisin Bran, Raisin Bran Crunch is at LEAST two tiers higher due to the increased sweetness inherit to the almond crunch pieces while also providing better mouth texture/feel and significantly better taste.

3)Corollary to #2, Oreo O's and Golden Oreo O's should be ranked desperately, but I would trust their judgement on where to put the new entry.

4)Where the Special K?

5) Disagree entirely on placement of Golden Crisp/Honey Smacks... Those Sugar bombs deserve at least one tier higher.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honey Combs are the best cereal by an extremely wide margin

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This cereal is actually really good, it's like a straight upgrade to Honey Bunches of Oats, plus it stays crispy for longer than most cereals in milk.

3998205c-5856-4659-823b-de1e4ac29f2e_1.378713ac9a33789544322ae59589cf7e.jpeg

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Grahams should be top, Crunch Berries should be above all other Crunch variations, Lucky Charms and Honeycomb too low.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't fully agree but I'm glad to see Lucky Charms near the bottom where it belongs

nasty trash cereal

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Elder God Tier:
- Peanut butter crunch
- French toast crunch
- Rice krispee treats Cereal

Great Tier:
- Reese's puffs
- Frosted Flakes

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Diabetes: the tier list.

Also, why is Frosted Flakes so high? That's cereal disgusting.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Fruity Pebbles at the top? That alone invalidates the whole list. And I ate that shit by the boat load as a kid.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
SSS Tier:

515gPx6gGtL.jpg

Looks like bland slop for health nuts, but there's actually a fair amount of sugar in it to add some sweetness to the spices of vanilla, cinammon and nutmeg.

Tastes delicious and is quite snackable even without milk. In milk the texture is great and it retains a healthy crunch.

It's a decent more adult-oriented treat that isn't packed full of fake fruit flavors or low-grade chocolate.
This is it!!!

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Fruit Loops at C Tier?????
Frosted Flakes at SS????!
Corn Flakes higher than Fruit Loops?!?!!?
Garbage list.
Captain Crunch I'm iffy on. It's SS when it doesn't cut you but when it does it's like a solid B.

Monroe Kelly

Oct 28, 2017
72dfa81b-5e5b-4215-97eb-f8c57d964b07_1.2a7f05c8b09721f91493024a0f4b64af.jpeg

It is missing the GOAT

Edit it: No it's not. But it needs to be moved to the top. Haven't seen it in Canada since early 2000's

My man. The only place I can find them anymore is at Target, but I don't think that's an option in Canada :( They also have Cap'n Crunch Oops All Berries, which didn't make this list for some weird reason. Target has some really weird cereal choices, but it's nice.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Top 5 by Taste:
1. Reese's Puffs
2. Lucky Charms
3. Rice Krispies Treats
4. Waffle Crisps
5. Cinammon Toast Crunch

My Top 5 by Tying-to-be-healhy:
1. Honey Bunches of Oats
2. Crispix
3. Honey Nut Cheerios
4. Raisin Bran Crunch
5. OG Cheerios
i don't know if any cereal is actually that healthy for you. tons of carbs and nothing else. part of a balanced breakfast because by itself it's certainly not.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My man. The only place I can find them anymore is at Target, but I don't think that's an option in Canada :( They also have Cap'n Crunch Oops All Berries, which didn't make this list for some weird reason. Target has some really weird cereal choices, but it's nice.

Well, Target was an option for about 3 years here, but it failed miserably. For real though, I only had them a couple times as a kid 20 years ago and still crave them sometimes.

JaY P.

Oct 27, 2017
Paradise
Coco Pebbles over Coco Puffs and Fruity Pebbles over Trix is blasphemy! Any Pebbles get soggy after a minute in milk.

Too bad I can't really eat cereal these days.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Grape Nuts is probably the healthiest thing on there so of course it's last.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
SSS Tier:

515gPx6gGtL.jpg

Looks like bland slop for health nuts, but there's actually a fair amount of sugar in it to add some sweetness to the spices of vanilla, cinammon and nutmeg.

Tastes delicious and is quite snackable even without milk. In milk the texture is great and it retains a healthy crunch.

It's a decent more adult-oriented treat that isn't packed full of fake fruit flavors or low-grade chocolate.
075.jpg

This is the one. Fiber for days, but doesn't taste like horse feed or a bowl full of fruit-flavored sugar.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
SSS Tier:

515gPx6gGtL.jpg

This is definitely near the top for me. You are a great human bean

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
All cereal is trash. I drink raw eggs out of a glass every morning and it gives me the strength I need to beat Apollo Creed and Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
All this happened because some guy named Kellog decided a boring breakfast and circumcision would put an end to masturbation.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
This list is fucking garbage, sorry SungWon, there's literally like only one cereal that I think is in the right place (Reese's in S)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honey Bunches of Oats are my favorite, but I have them in moderation. I buy one box a month at most. I don't really eat much of these sugary cereals anyways

When I was a kid I thought Cinnamon Toast Crunch was the absolute best. I haven't had them in years, I can no longer find any store around here that carries it.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Holy shit that's a rough list of cereals. Everything in its SS tier is garbage and Honey Nut Cheerios cannot carry the burden of the other shit in tier S.

I also do not understand why Cinnamon Toast Crunch is not at the absolute top.

I guess I agree with Grape Nuts.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is just sugar masquerading as cereal. Even when I liked sugary cereals I couldn't stand that crap.

Also anything Captain Crunch or Flintstones Pebbles related is trash too.

No Life cereal or Mini-wheats seem like glaring omissions. Although my favourite cereal as a kid was Shreddies with a little sugar added to it.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
81EMhAlUAqL._SY450_.jpg

OG Graham Oh's were my favorite but then they changed the recipe, ruining it with a tacky artificial taste.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Grape nuts are legit - gotta find that appropriate balance of milk though, it's crucial. Maybe slice up a banana and sprinkle some sugar on top.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
SSS Tier:

515gPx6gGtL.jpg

This. It had a ton of fiber in it as well, which was great for me as a kid. Only semi-bad thing was it got a little too mushy in milk too quickly, but even then I loved it.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd put both of the pebbles in b tier, promote Reese's and Oreo O's to SS, then CT Crunch to S. Otherwise pretty great list