• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I like it. If it sits horizontally - and I believe it does - then it will fit in more shelving/centers than I think is commonly believed. You might just want to watch the ventilation.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
My shelve is open in the front, sides and back, thers plenty of air flow, but is a space where u can place only horizontal consoles. This design is too tall to fit in it. (Just measured it the shelve has 4.7 inches/ 12cm of vertical space.)
Ah, I see. An understandable problem.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Aesthetically The box is nice but impractical for me - I have nowhere it can sit without removing a shelf in my AV unit and messing things up. Especially if it vents upwards like it looks to do

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
They definitely leaned into the 'box' aspect of xbox. Not sure where people are gonna put it on their entertainment stands.

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
I liked it. It gave me the impression that they are going all out and this is going to be really powerful.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's really that small, the Lockhart one will be interesting to see, could be a more traditional design or even smaller which is crazy. It's a small console which is surprising, design aside.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Its a big black box lacking any design flourish whatsoever and wouldn't even fit in my entertainment unit.

Anyone calling it "stylish" must really just love plain black oblongs. The design sheet just being using the rectangle shape tool, line tool for the disc slit, slap the logo light on and baby ITS PAYDAY.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
When it first showed up on screen, that no frills "PC tower" like appearance really evoked a sense of power, so from a marketing standpoint alone, I think it's a very smart design.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
I like it, it's a bit different and looks quite fancy to me. It will fit next to my TV, and I think look quite nice there, so the size isn't an issue for me though.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda industrialist-ish and I guess it serves a purpose of keeping the thing cool and quiet. No problems here.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Did MS learn nothing from the wiiu similar naming debacle? The actual box looks just as bulky as the original X1. Why couldn't they have used a slim design like the X.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Is it powerful and quiet? Yes. If it's loud, IDC how good it looks. Besides, I think it looks awesome.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like minimalism, and it being a box is fitting for Xbox, so I like it. Now all it needs is a Banjo-Kazooie game so it can sway me from PS5.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It's both surprising and uninteresting :D

Honestly, it looks great.
I really like the form factor tbh; it would look great in my living room.
At the same time i am a tad disappointed at the finish and buttons looking exactly like Xbox One X's, but overall it's a very attractive device.

It also makes a lot of sense to have hot air going out from the top (although i'd imagine the back also has vents)

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
It's fine. Looks a bit beefy and wide.

The placement of the, what I'm assuming, is the share button on the controller is weird though. And the symbol on it looks odd too.

All in all, a resounding "fine"

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
In contrast to cloud gaming I like the idea of having a personal mini tower server for your games.

I hope with the xCloud technology there's a way for it to stream to the devices on your home network (phone, laptop, TV dongle). If there was some way with virtualization to split it into two 'Xbox Series S' that would be awesome.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I would choose "Neutral" if it's in the poll, because "Meh" was a little bit too harsh for me to choose it.

I never PC gaming (except for that old DOS games when I was a kid), so my first reaction was "WTF???"

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Thiccer than an atlanta stripper. It's mostly inoffensive in the way it looks because it's plain (which I prefer) but the fact that it's a block and a rather large one, is what I personally dislike

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
If so, it's definitely not FGC friendly.
I just realized there are no USB ports on the front unless the controller is covering them.
Perhaps there is no USB on the front??? That would be disappointing for me personally.
There is a usb 3 port on the front just covered by the controller, we don't know if it's usb 3.0 3.1 or 3.2 but it's there