• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be fine with another global pop-off event revitalizing underused areas. Old expansion areas are effectively abandoned right now. There probably wouldn't be another Cataclysm outcry if they did it to Outlands.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Even though there will be negative knock on effects from this approach to itemization, I've been saying from the beginning that itemization isn't a problem for basically anyone other than top raiders. This is effectively a QoL improvement for the average player and I really don't see how it could have been done any other way.

That being said, there may be a few weapons or armour that should receive special exemptions.

Not sure what you mean about this only affecting high end raiders.

Vanilla itemisation fucked everyone over. Casters, for example, were better off wearing green items with + to spellpower on them than blue or purple items from dungeons / raids when the game launched, because the itemisers though that int, spirit and crit were the stats we needed.Everyone, from ultra casual to very top end, was screwed over by the launch games itemisation issues and its a good thing they are taking this approach.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be fine with another global pop-off event revitalizing underused areas. Old expansion areas are effectively abandoned right now. There probably wouldn't be another Cataclysm outcry if they did it to Outlands.

I think the key is to be prudent about it. Polish up areas where it's a definite improvement that couldn't be criticized, and more drastic overhauls have the options of using a Bronze dragon to return to the earlier version if need be.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure what you mean about this only affecting high end raiders.

Vanilla itemisation fucked everyone over. Casters, for example, were better off wearing green items with + to spellpower on them than blue or purple items from dungeons / raids when the game launched, because the itemisers though that int, spirit and crit were the stats we needed.Everyone, from ultra casual to very top end, was screwed over by the launch games itemisation issues and its a good thing they are taking this approach.

What I was trying to refer to was more like "a general concern" rather than a problem. The average player will obviously be better off with 1.12 itemization, and the fact that some players will get stronger gear than what was originally available during Vanilla progression is irrelevant because they won't have their full best in slot and they won't be playing 12 hours a day to the point where they are really looking for. Every tiny upgrade.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Even if it doesn't come out for more than a year, this is around the time they'd do an expansion announcement anyway, and there's only so much that they can do in BFA itself to keep people calm.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Kelani's rundown of all the new Azerite Essences in 8.2. Fucking patch looks rad. I'm pumped!

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, as a guild below that - that is, we scrape through Heroic just about before each new tier, occasionally lightly prodding Mythic - if anything we're healthier than we usually are at this stage of progress, usually able to field 15+ folks (indeed, past 20 on occasion since Crucible, although I'm sure that'll die down).

We're good enough to clear content, but bad enough to make content last, I guess!

I think I would qualify my guild the same. We're the most progressed we've ever been and basically never struggle to field 20-25+ on what would be considered progression raids for us. Nobody worries about neck levels and nobody really gets super burnt out with our 4 hours of main raids per week. If this is an example of WoW being bad, more bad WoW, please.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think I would qualify my guild the same. We're the most progressed we've ever been and basically never struggle to field 20-25+ on what would be considered progression raids for us. Nobody worries about neck levels and nobody really gets super burnt out with our 4 hours of main raids per week. If this is an example of WoW being bad, more bad WoW, please.

this is us, generally but a combination of 8.0 WoW mixed with elitism burned us out. We always thrive in conditions like this though.

The myth of "if you're not doing Mythic then you need to quit the game" needs to die.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, that sentiment hasn't been particularly overwhelming here, but yeah, I've seen it being pretty egregious elsewhere!

Talking Heroic, does anyone have a good benchmark for how Heroic bosses in Crucible compare with Battle? Trying to work out whether to go for Uunat or a second kill of Rastakhan + working on Mekkatorque tonight.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
To be fair, that sentiment hasn't been particularly overwhelming here, but yeah, I've seen it being pretty egregious elsewhere!

Talking Heroic, does anyone have a good benchmark for how Heroic bosses in Crucible compare with Battle? Trying to work out whether to go for Uunat or a second kill of Rastakhan + working on Mekkatorque tonight.

My mention of mythic is particularly relevant with Flea as we talk a lot outside of ERA. It's a frustrating outlook shared by too many members of the player base.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017

Rastakhan is the easiest of the three. Mekkatorque took my guild 2-3 weeks to down. We've only spent one night on Uunat and haven't killed him yet.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
welp i got the other warglaive like 2? runs after getting the off-hand one. Now to wait for BC timewalking and cry because PUGs can't kill Illidan. Killidan.

Speaking of raiding, how is LFR if I'm a tank who hasn't raided in like... 2 expansions? Do I need to do a lot of homework or can I just look at the dungeon journal, trust DBM, and faceroll? I'm scared to go in as a tank for the first time because if I fuck up, everyone dies and then everyone yells at me.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
welp i got the other warglaive like 2? runs after getting the off-hand one. Now to wait for BC timewalking and cry because PUGs can't kill Illidan. Killidan.

Speaking of raiding, how is LFR if I'm a tank who hasn't raided in like... 2 expansions? Do I need to do a lot of homework or can I just look at the dungeon journal, trust DBM, and faceroll? I'm scared to go in as a tank for the first time because if I fuck up, everyone dies and then everyone yells at me.

As a fellow tank: LFR with DBM should suffice. It wouldn't hurt to watch a video of fights in your off time but it isn't critical.

Honestly the worst part of tanking LFR is getting a tank who doesn't communicate or switch when they're supposed to.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Rastakhan is the easiest of the three. Mekkatorque took my guild 2-3 weeks to down. We've only spent one night on Uunat and haven't killed him yet.

The big thing about Mekkatorque - I think I might have mentioned it here before, I don't recall - is that our guild has a large proportion of people - maybe half? - who can't or won't speak on discord, so we're having to come up with creative solutions. U'unat at least wouldn't have that problem.

We've killed Rastakhan before and I'm absolutely confident we will again, so I guess I'm weighing up the value of one batch of 400 loot (of items the raid hasn't been hugely overwhelmed with as yet) followed by a likely difficult night on Mekkatorque versus a complete unknown fight (well, we've done normal, but don't have a feel for the difficulty here) with a chance of 410 loot at the end of it!

I think I'm leaning towards U'unat just for the fact that that'd give us a flavour of how difficult it'll pan out.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember in Legion when I was just getting back into the game, I didn't run any mythics or raids. I just leveled alts and did WQ stuff, gained a lot of gold too. I feel like this set the gold earning potential is a lot weaker, cause of the table not really providing much. Anyway, my point is I can understand people playing the game without running mythic, or even raids or M+. I think I should have though. At least M+.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot that this thread existed.

I actually went back to the game a couple of weeks ago, nothing else interested me so I decided to just waste some of my free time playing retail while Classic isn't out.

Came back and found my server dead. No, really, it used to be high and now it is medium but I wouldn't doubt if anyone said it was almost low at this point. I checked wowprogress and we're near the bottom, sad stuff to watch (no one cleared Mythic Jaina, and only 10 guilds killed her on heroic).

Economy is garbage, no one is buying or selling anything, a couple of goblins here and there but there's just no one to sell to. Prices fluctuate so much because of this that you see some crazy shit happening (tidespray linen going for sub 1.4g, etc).

But the worst part to me is that there is barely any active guilds left, I don't mind staying in sub ilvl400 limbo if I can actually talk to people while I play, but that looks impossible.

I really hope Classic takes off and doesn't take long to launch, because I really miss being around others. I didn't mind that in the past because I had friends playing / friends to talk to, but now since that is gone the game is missing something to me.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I just leveled my fourth character to 120 and I'm about to start a 5th. The game has been gradually catching my interest again and I even WQ geared three characters over the weekend and I'm planning to do another tonight.

My interest has been piqued so much that I'm actively working on a recruitment process for 8.2 so we can start back up - probably gonna go finish heroic Uldir first but that should be a cakewalk at this point. I'll be glad to have a group again but I'm playing with Berordn right now (he's okay I guess) and my husband and just having a good time. Most everyone else is on a hiatus which I get but I think 8.2 will bring people back - for how long is another thing entirely. They're putting in work but they have a lot more to do. Especially on the "is the class fun to play" issue.

Thankfully, no one in my guild has any more than a passing interest in Classic. I don't have to worry about potentially losing anyone to it. I'll do what I did a few months ago: log in, oh this isn't for me, log out. I expect the same from my guild members.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
well this just happened:

D5XoEnNXkAE-T-A.jpg:large

And to think I just wanted Pandaria pets.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So weird. I'm probably wrong but I assume after the whole Diablo fiasco recently they want to be very sure that what they're showing is relevant and presented correctly.

They make some bad decisions but they aren't oblivious idiots. I'm sure blizz knows the overall opinion of 2018 being the worst blizzcon by a wide margin and they are going to want 2019 to be a return to form.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Operation: Mechagon (dungeon) and Nazjatar are now available for testing on the PTR.

This is a pretty quick turnaround in terms of testing content. Normally the PTR is bare-bones for the first few weeks before anything meaningful shows up.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly grinding away to try reaching 350 mounts. I need 11 more. I'm going to start focusing on achievements as those are the easiest/least RNG mounts I have left. I did the achievements in Highmaul today and will do them in Blackrock Foundry tomorrow. Also going to try finishing Legion dungeon achievements. Besides those, I need 8 more Curious Coins to get the turtle and I have 6 eggs from Argus spread across a couple characters so hopefully I get the last Mana Ray I need.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll hop into the PTR this evening to check how the professions are.

Really interested in market opportunities when 8.2 arrives.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm slowly grinding away to try reaching 350 mounts. I need 11 more. I'm going to start focusing on achievements as those are the easiest/least RNG mounts I have left. I did the achievements in Highmaul today and will do them in Blackrock Foundry tomorrow. Also going to try finishing Legion dungeon achievements. Besides those, I need 8 more Curious Coins to get the turtle and I have 6 eggs from Argus spread across a couple characters so hopefully I get the last Mana Ray I need.

I'm about 6 from the 350. 8.2 should be dumping a decent number of mounts, so I'm going to wait to see how that plays out.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
You rarely feel more alive than when you realise that you were two hundredths of a second away from a wipe:

Rnl14Rc.png

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yeah, they're finally using Underhold again.

...which for whatever reason I would have assumed they'd have destroyed after the whole Garrosh thing.

DESTROY EVERYTHING. Come on, now.
The Mag'har quest handwaves it as being sealed off an inaccessible.

I guess those Bronze Dragons don't really know everything after all!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

I mean it's pretty much guaranteed he is gonna lead. I wouldn't get too down. Not just because the story desperately needs it seeing where the horde is right now but because I think Metzen deserves to have some sort of active role in the game even if it is just voice acting.

Warchief Thrall is the best version of Thrall imo so as long as we don't go back to All Powerful Demidragongod Thrall I'll be fine with it.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I'd give my left arm if it meant we can stop having Blizzard sell us on expansions with "this time shit is real between the Alliance and Horde. For real this time".

Status
Not open for further replies.