Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously different games etc, but I wish more MMOs did stories/quests like SWTOR.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
There's three stages to the warfront, and you've listed two. Unsurprisingly the third is where the RTS-esque gameplay lies!

Phase 1: Alliance WQs / Horde War Effort : Ends when War Effort completes
Phase 2: Alliance WQs / Horde Assault : Ends exactly 1 week after it's triggered
Phase 3: Alliance War Effort / Horde WQs : Ends when War Effort completes
Phase 4: Alliance Assault / Horde WQs : Ends exactly 1 week after it's triggered.

The WQs you know, the War Effort you know. It's the Assault period where the RTS gameplay exists.

While the assault is ongoing you can pick up a once-per-assault quest for the top-level gear for that warfront, and repeat the assault for gear fifteen iLvls lower. You access the assault from interacting with the warfront table.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm glad I haven't seen all of the experience yet and really hope it brings back the old AV feel.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm glad I haven't seen all of the experience yet and really hope it brings back the old AV feel.

I... wouldn't get your hopes up all that high. Although I'm curious to see how the upcoming Heroic variants will play out.

Edit: For that matter, one thing that you may well have missed, looking over your posts again: Warfronts are not PvP content.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
It probably won't. It's really nothing like old AV. This is like a 20 min PVE experience where you have a 99.99% chance of winning. Old AV was much more hectic and rewarding at the same time. The only mats you're farming is iron and wood and those are just spawned over time, no farming Players/NPCs for the mats.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My Transmorpher Beacon turned me into Blood Queen Lana'thel. Wings and everything.

I didn't know I wanted this.

tXwDrF.png

Cystm

I haven't played this game again in years and again I am trying to get back into it. Reading back a few pages seems like that is a huge mistake.

Be that as it may, how is the Guild/Communities feature? I read that it serves as a sort of in-game discord. Do any of you know of any PvP focused community links. Google is returning radom posts from the forums but with zero answers or anything of value at all, really.

Horde on Tich.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game again in years and again I am trying to get back into it. Reading back a few pages seems like that is a huge mistake.

Be that as it may, how is the Guild/Communities feature? I read that it serves as a sort of in-game discord. Do any of you know of any PvP focused community links. Google is returning radom posts from the forums but with zero answers or anything of value at all, really.

Horde on Tich.

Not everyone hates bfa even if it is a weak expansion.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
how many different changes are there?

There is Putricide.

Do you need to know anything more?

(Wowhead has a list. It's an awful lot; 50-odd?)

Edit: 95 at a rough count, although it's a little confusing because the list repeats bosses who appear multiple times in the game (Kael'thas, for instance) so I might have miscounted.

Last edited:

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
BFA is okay. It just doesn't have the replay-ability of something like a Legion. I find myself want to take breaks more often because I'm bored of the content that is available, because I've done most of it before. I still think, at the very least it is worth playing for a month or two and getting through all of the new zones/story/etc. The art and music team is on point, and I think both the Alliance and Horde leveling experience were overall pretty good.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

Horde on Tich.
BFA has issues, but if you're returning from a long break, also a lot of advancements (mostly inherited from other expansions, but improvements all the same).

Communities are kinda weak and underutilized, though I can't comment too much about how they work in-game because I just tend to gravitate toward Discords.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't got much use out of communities yet but largely cause I haven't tried them much. I've heard of RBG communities and stuff, that probably do work out well. One time my BG group had a dude who straight up trolled us and a group member reported it to a community leader and that troll got kicked out of that community and several others. That was interesting.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
image0.png

this is the first weapons cache in NA in like a month so if anyone needs a new one for your main or alts I'd get on it.

In my case, this is a minimum 25 point ilvl upgrade for my main's weapon, lol.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
image0.png

this is the first weapons cache in NA in like a month so if anyone needs a new one for your main or alts I'd get on it.

In my case, this is a minimum 25 point ilvl upgrade for my main's weapon, lol.
just to be clear, this is only the case for horde

alliance just has an azerite cache today. aren't faction divisions great?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yeah unlike in Legion there's different Reputations per faction for 4/6 of the emissaries, which means the emissaries are technically different quests which can have different rewards. Tortollan Seekers and Champions of Azeroth will be the same for both factions, but everything else can be different rewards between Alliance and Horde on a given day... despite basically being the same reputations.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
WoW Classic Closed Beta - Level 40 and Arathi Basin Testing

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Later today, we will take the WoW Classic closed beta down for maintenance and we will increase the level cap from 30 to 40. This will allow testers to level up in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Desolace, and Arathi Highlands (among others).

To further assist testing efforts, we will reduce the cost to respec closed beta characters. The new cost will be charged in silver instead of gold, a 99% reduction in cost, and will only be applied to the beta test.

We're also going to open Arathi Basin for limited testing in the closed beta. There will be no templates, so all characters will need to be level 20 or higher to participate. The test will begin on the afternoon of Thursday, June 6.

Please keep an eye on our known issues thread, as well as our growing list of reports we've confirmed are not bugs. Thank you for your continued efforts in testing WoW Classic!

P.S. Don't forget to guard the farm.

Forgive me but what does that last part mean? I'm blanking.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Is there a guide to ilvl thresholds and weapon caches? Trying to gear up alts as much as possible and do the weapon cache in 2 days when they're as geared as they can possibly be.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Is there a guide to ilvl thresholds and weapon caches? Trying to gear up alts as much as possible and do the weapon cache in 2 days when they're as geared as they can possibly be.

I haven't been able to find one and I was interested in knowing as well but from what I can find no one has discovered the breakpoints... or if they have they haven't posted them anywhere that I can find them on. I feel like this should be something made readily available by Blizzard, tbh.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
We are the murder hobos, we've always brought death and destruction to the regions we visit.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm 300 rep away from exalted with Proudmoore then I can make my Kul Tiran. Shame the Kul Tiran mount and the exalted mount with Proudmoore are both horses
It will never not amuse me that the Horde gets 2 flying mounts and a whole new model using the wolf rig from reputation and the best they could come up with for Alliance was... more horses. They could've thrown them a bone and given a jellyfish or something for Stormsong or a Gryphon or something, but no, humans like horses and that's all they'll ever like I guess.

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
It will never not amuse me that the Horde gets 2 flying mounts and a whole new model using the wolf rig from reputation and the best they could come up with for Alliance was... more horses. They could've thrown them a bone and given a jellyfish or something for Stormsong or a Gryphon or something, but no, humans like horses and that's all they'll ever like I guess.
Damn you're right. Just looked it up and it's horses from all 3 reps. I never checked before because I'm a long way off the other two but damn. I was hoping for a bee mount in Stormsong like that flight path at the honey place.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Rep should be gained like it was back in Cata and before, just put a tabard one and grind dungeons. These artificial barriers they have so you can't grind is stupid and I feel like it burns out more people than it would if you could just grind dungeons.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Rep should be gained like it was back in Cata and before, just put a tabard one and grind dungeons. These artificial barriers they have so you can't grind is stupid and I feel like it burns out more people than it would if you could just grind dungeons.

I remember an article recently where they said why they don't do that anymore and I can't remember the reasoning but it was very stupid. If I remember which one it was I'll link it but I just remember rolling my eyes to whatever the reason was.

(I know this isn't a helpful post but I wanted to comment lol)

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
They really don't have to have rep tabards that give rep in dungeons. They just need rep to be account bound so that you don't feel like you are wasting time playing alts, and that alts feel like they don't have an uphill battle trying to get exalted.

Last edited:

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
I remember an article recently where they said why they don't do that anymore and I can't remember the reasoning but it was very stupid. If I remember which one it was I'll link it but I just remember rolling my eyes to whatever the reason was.

(I know this isn't a helpful post but I wanted to comment lol)

Yea, I read that too, it's such a dumb answer. They basically just want to artificially lock it so you have to extend the MAU and sub.

They really don't have to have rep tabards that give rep in dungeons. They just need rep to be account bound so that you don't feel like you are wasting time playing alts, and that alts feel like they don't have an uphill battle trying to get exalted.

People have been asking for this FOREVER and they have the capability to do this, but until Ion Lead Game Director we won't see it. We all know it's so Blizzard can keep you grinding and keeps you from continuing to pay that sub.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
People have been asking for this FOREVER and they have the capability to do this, but until Ion Lead Game Director we won't see it. We all know it's so Blizzard can keep you grinding and keeps you from continuing to pay that sub.

A lot of people disagree it seems. I've seen say it is game breaking and or will ruin professions somehow or something.

Jokes on them. Professions have been ruined for a while. Clearly I'm team "account bound."

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people disagree it seems. I've seen say it is game breaking and or will ruin professions somehow or something.

Jokes on them. Professions have been ruined for a while. Clearly I'm team "account bound."

LMAO, for real. Profession have been crap for 10 years now. Honestly, this would probably make people play alts and increase overall game time in general.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Reputation does end up getting used for a lot of stuff that really should just be tied to a single character, but there's no reason why those few reps can't just stay locked to a single character and make accountwide the default.

The real answer for why it's not happening is that it's the only carrot they have to getting people to log in every day with the Allied Races, and making it easier to earn that would remove one of the few things still keeping people subbed.

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
LMAO, for real. Profession have been crap for 10 years now. Honestly, this would probably make people play alts and increase overall game time in general.

I don't know about that, but transitioning away from profession perks has really hurt the fantasy and desire to grind up professions. I get why they did it, because some professions offered the very best bonuses for raiding and PvP, but at the same time it's a double standard when some of these new allied races have some ridiculous bonuses. I guess it's okay when players have to pay for bonuses in their world?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Professions should continue to offer more fun items that aren't account bound along with gear that scales with the patches of the expansion that way it is always at least marginally relevant. Maybe the crafted gear isn't as powerful as raid gear of course but like is good enough for people to want to buy items when they hit cap.

Someone may say that it would invalidate previous tiers but like someone doing LFR would do that anyway so at least professions may seem useful or something.

Idk. I haven't sold crafted stuff in years. It wasn't worth the effort.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with grinding is it creates goals and presents the possibility of "completion" which are anathema to today's metrics-driven, MAU-obsesssed developers.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Professions should continue to offer more fun items that aren't account bound along with gear that scales with the patches of the expansion that way it is always at least marginally relevant. Maybe the crafted gear isn't as powerful as raid gear of course but like is good enough for people to want to buy items when they hit cap.

Someone may say that it would invalidate previous tiers but like someone doing LFR would do that anyway so at least professions may seem useful or something.

Idk. I haven't sold crafted stuff in years. It wasn't worth the effort.

I agree with this.

I'm that dummy who gets the most excited about professions in the lead up to every expansion. But I feel like the last time professions were really worth a damn was pre/early Cataclysm.

It's Blizzard's (somewhat) new obsession with game balance at the expense of fun or meaningful rewards (to COMBAT and EXPLORATION. I'm not subscribing to WoW for toys). Like, yeah I appreciate balanced classes and specs as much as anyone, but if I went through the trouble of travelling back and forth across Azeroth doing tedious shit to level up my profession, it should give me meaningful rewards. Breaking the balance a little bit should be fine as long as it takes work to do it. And anybody who's mad that my bombs and scopes noticeably increase my DPS can stfu and go level up Engineering their damn selves.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I agree with this.

I'm that dummy who gets the most excited about professions in the lead up to every expansion. But I feel like the last time professions were really worth a damn was pre/early Cataclysm.

It's Blizzard's (somewhat) new obsession with game balance at the expense of fun or meaningful rewards (to COMBAT and EXPLORATION. I'm not subscribing to WoW for toys). Like, yeah I appreciate balanced classes and specs as much as anyone, but if I went through the trouble of travelling back and forth across Azeroth doing tedious shit to level up my profession, it should give me meaningful rewards. Breaking the balance a little bit should be fine as long as it takes work to do it. And anybody who's mad that my bombs and scopes noticeably increase my DPS can stfu and go level up Engineering their damn selves.

Yeah, I think professions should be useful to the user even if it's only crafted items and not like stat boost.

If engineers can make rocket boots let tailors craft magic scarves that wrap around an enemy's face to silence spell casting or something. COME ON.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there some trick in the Battle for Darkshore to gather iron quickly? I mean, wood supplies goes pretty fast with all you find on the ground and the supply chest at the base, but once you run of mechanic enemies to kill, you're out of luck for iron since the chest's iron supplies goes up at a snail pace compared to wood.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't say no to a level squish, but hearing that almost make me wanna stop lvling my very low lvl alts if they're going to reduce this as 60 or 80...
But, I'm guessing that if they plan on lowering the levels, they'll make gaining lvls slower too.

Status
Not open for further replies.