Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Man they should just let cloak powers be account wide, even unlocking the final cloak achievement transfers a fraction of the cloak stats to the alts. Just nerf bonus exp a bit if they want to gate power leveling when playing with alts but keep everything else.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Just started leveling a Druid doing just instances, raids, and sometimes scenarios to see how it is doing them from 10 onwards. Queue times are less than a couple seconds.

As a Resto spec have been near or at the top of damage charts by a good bit just by spamming Wrath and Moonfire between healing down time.

It's insane what the level of scaling at low levels can do with a maxed out cloak. Feeling the OP-ness slowly weaken though as I get to higher levels.

Last edited:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got to 70 on my ret pally. I still have a ton of achievements with rewards to get though, so I guess I'll create an alt to start picking away at them. Not sure what class I want to play though.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Man they should just let cloak powers be account wide, even unlocking the final cloak achievement transfers a fraction of the cloak stats to the alts. Just nerf bonus exp a bit if they want to gate power leveling when playing with alts but keep everything else.
Starting an alt with a maxed out cloak already makes you stupid strong to an insane degree, this would just make it more absurd.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the downside.
In group content, some people don't want to simply follow someone around while they clear the content themselves. There was a screenshot of a raid fight where a single player did like 98-99% of the damage. The power difference in some of the cloaks is an (or 2) order of magnitude between players, not the usual percentage we're used to with ilvl differences. Presumably this was a frog farmer and level 70. Giving that cloak to a level 25 player and having them also benefit from level scaling buffs would be just insane power differential.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
In group content, some people don't want to simply follow someone around while they clear the content themselves. There was a screenshot of a raid fight where a single player did like 98-99% of the damage. The power difference in some of the cloaks is an (or 2) order of magnitude between players, not the usual percentage we're used to with ilvl differences. Presumably this was a frog farmer and level 70. Giving that cloak to a level 25 player and having them also benefit from level scaling buffs would be just insane power differential.
Don't play with them.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
The Shadopan set is my favorite new thing in MOP Remix

though I wish they would've also given us the alternate head with the headguard/hood

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I finished Jade Forest, and the token they give you that buffs your cloak from the last quest nearly doubled my Agility on the cloak. Made a huge power difference in terms of what I feel is a very weak low level Rogue.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit is pretty outraged about Blizzard nerfing everything in remix but they've always been the funpolice just cause they relaxed with DF doesn't mean they can't go right back to it now that their the top mmo again.
My wife started playing WoW and she's pissed about how Blizzard is acting but they've always been about the play time metric at the cost of everything else that's why World Quests give 75 rep instead of the 250 they used to. I knew they wouldn't be so lovey dovey for long once I heard they had 7 million subs again.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit is pretty outraged about Blizzard nerfing everything in remix but they've always been the funpolice just cause they relaxed with DF doesn't mean they can't go right back to it now that their the top mmo again.
My wife started playing WoW and she's pissed about how Blizzard is acting but they've always been about the play time metric at the cost of everything else that's why World Quests give 75 rep instead of the 250 they used to. I knew they wouldn't be so lovey dovey for long once I heard they had 7 million subs again.
It's not the nerfing per se, it's the nerfing without any other meaningful buffs.

The rest of your post is a bit of an overreaction really.

OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Low level alts in instances are pretty funny. I'm wondering if it's faster to farm bronze on new alts than grind at max level.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
For the level of effort, it's pretty ridiculous how good Normal raids are for leveling your cloak pre-70. Been really enjoying Remix so far, but +12% XP per boss is just wild. Got to level 59 and I'm up to +255% XP (done 2 normal raids, so 144% of that is from like 40mins of raiding). Each campaign quest is like 1/3 of a level. Guessing the leveling will slow down a little post-60, but it's been fun.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
For the level of effort, it's pretty ridiculous how good Normal raids are for leveling your cloak pre-70. Been really enjoying Remix so far, but +12% XP per boss is just wild. Got to level 59 and I'm up to +255% XP (done 2 normal raids, so 144% of that is from like 40mins of raiding). Each campaign quest is like 1/3 of a level. Guessing the leveling will slow down a little post-60, but it's been fun.

the xp is useless post 70 and its not shared with other characters so I dont see the big deal.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my point was pre 70 but ok

no no I get it, but I see a lot of ppl freaking out about it (im not saying you are) as if its a huge problem but like I said, its for 1 char, and if you're just focused on getting it to max lvl as fast as possible, then who cares how fast it is. It defeats the purpose of the remix I guess, but thats not the goal of that specific character clearly so, again, who cares. I just see blizzard nerfing it soon for no reason except "ppl complained on twitter"

Again, im not saying you were complaining.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
i want the XP buffs to be easier to get doing regular leveling stuff. i thought the whole point of the event was to turbo level alts and experience Pandaria again. but i just feel compelled to raid the whole time 10-69.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Honestly as fast as I am levelling my first character, I kinda understand the nerf to the cloak for future alts. It could have gotten crazy really fast lol.

I will say I finished the Jade Forest quest line and that item you get at the end that buffs your cloak took my Agility up so much that it nearly tripled my DPS lol

I'm having much more fun doing the zones than I am zerging dungeons and raids for bronze honestly.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as fast as I am levelling my first character, I kinda understand the nerf to the cloak for future alts. It could have gotten crazy really fast lol.

I will say I finished the Jade Forest quest line and that item you get at the end that buffs your cloak took my Agility up so much that it nearly tripled my DPS lol

I'm having much more fun doing the zones than I am zerging dungeons and raids for bronze honestly.
to be clear, i'm fine with the cloak maxing out at 100% XP for alts at the start. just wish, in order to ramp it back up, normal raids weren't, by far, the best thing to do.

Clawbvious

Oct 27, 2017
New York
to be clear, i'm fine with the cloak maxing out at 100% XP for alts at the start. just wish, in order to ramp it back up, normal raids weren't, by far, the best thing to do.

Yeah, it does feel weird that the by far most efficient way is to just pug Normal raid as fast as possible...

That said, it's not slow to level in other ways, but you definitely get less XP boosting thread.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Low level alts in instances are pretty funny. I'm wondering if it's faster to farm bronze on new alts than grind at max level.
I just hit the early 30's on my druid alt who has run maybe a dozen or so quests and mainly used instances/lfr/scenarios. So far have my bronze at 15k.

It definitely feels faster to farm bronze using alts than it is at max level without the frogs (at least until a new version gets discovered)

Last edited:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I've done like 2 dungeons on my lvl 62 mage and i get about 26% xp per campaign quest so it's not like raiding is necessary to quick level

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
if you want those crazy XP multipliers, normal raid is definitely the way to go, but at the same time the time spent raiding is time you could be doing slightly more efficient XP activities and just getting to 70 with fewer threads

still, it's neat that it's viable to do at all

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Not reverting the frog farmers but not giving the achievement spools retroactively is insane

like actively rewarding the people who are way ahead of everyone else because now they can go get those too

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I think MOP Remix is amazing but some of the scaling is so wonky that like SOD Phase 1 had less issues than this does. It's almost entirely at the end game. My second max level was a Brewmaster and I had so much fun just going into heroics and raids with him as an absolute juggernaut. The power level really made the game more forgiving, which is what I assume the mode is for, so that I could learn mechanics without any risking a wipe. I was permanently at 99% health and doing the most damage of my dungeons, even as a tank.

Then I hit level 70. I went into the exact same content as a fresh 70, a heroic dungeon. I died on the first pull as a tank. I couldn't hold threat. I couldn't do damage. I loaded an alt. I logged on a level 10 arcane mage. My level 10 arcane mage watched our level 70 tank die almost immediately in a heroic. My level 10 proceeded to face tank the trash while obliterating them with damage.

Obviously there's some ridiculousness in the scaling which is fun in its own right but I've never seen WoW get so progressively worse at end game. And I get this isn't a balanced mode but this is like the old' the higher level I get the weaker I get' complaint WoW has had for decades and put under a magnifying glass. EVERYONE should be overpowered. No one should be dying to anything in this mode. It should be an absolute OPfest.

On the positive, it is genuinely the most fun I've had solo since Legion and I hope we get one of these a year with each expansion and more event exclusive cosmetics

Last edited:

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Have they still not fixed the balance at level 70 in MOP Remix? It's been over a week, I figured some sort of hotfix or at the very least, a patch on Tuesday, would have addressed this.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Have they still not fixed the balance at level 70 in MOP Remix? It's been over a week, I figured some sort of hotfix or at the very least, a patch on Tuesday, would have addressed this.
it seems somewhat intentional at this point. the intent behind the recent hotfixes seem to involve making stronger threads more readily available at 70 so that your cloak buff begins to outscale the content, but it seems like they wanted that progression

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
feels a little better recently, they have been pretty much daily over the last couple days fixing a number of issues with Remix.

They've been focused on finding ways to buff Bronze and Thread drops to increase player power quicker after they nerfed the frogs. Those frog players show how OP players can get with enough threads and gear buffs at lvl cap. LFR'd with a frog user on a priest alt yesterday and we were downing each of the bosses in a couple seconds where the player solo had like 90%+ of the damage done. The runs that ended up being in the same groups as them, were done in probably a couple minutes each even with all the RP.

www.wowhead.com

Hotfixes: May 23, 2024 - News - US - Blue Tracker - World of Warcraft

Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, Burning…
May 23, 2024

WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria

• Normal scenarios, Normal dungeons, Heroic scenarios, Heroic dungeons, and daily Infinite Bazaar quests now award a Cache containing 5x as much Bronze as before.
    • Developers' notes: We intend for players to earn more Bronze as you level up, so you can more easily start purchasing upgrades and rewards. At level 70, these caches now award 8750 Bronze (this was previously 1750 Bronze).
  • Fixed an issue where the Celestial Court bosses on the Timeless Isle would occasionally despawn.
  • Fixed a bug affecting the scaling of certain Tinker gems.
  • Putrid Waste enemies in Throne of Thunder no longer deal extreme amounts of Putrify damage.
  • Brewmaster Blanche now queues you for A Brewing Storm when asked.
  • The Paragon of the Mists title is now account wide.

-------------------------------------------------
May 22, 2024

• Added clarity to the quest "The Great Water Hunt" to speak with Mudmug before gathering water.
  • Nostwin now sells Glyph of Shadow for Priests.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the quest "Where are My Reinforcements?" from proceeding as expected.
  • Improved the respawn rate and treasure from rares and rare elites across Pandaria.
  • Increased the amount of bronze and raised the drop chance for threads of time from airborne bronze.
  • Fixed an issue where players who faction-changed could not use the group finder for dungeons and scenarios.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the quest "Riding the Skies" from granting the appropriate Cloud Serpent mount.
  • Fixed an issue causing Wise Mari in the Temple of the Jade Serpent to not spawn Corrupt Living Water as intended.
  • Hutia was out of control in the Jade Forest, and has been convinced to relax a bit and stop hitting so hard.
---------------------------------
May 21, 2024

• We have made the following changes to improve Thread of Time gain for the Cloak of Infinite Potential. Our goal with these additional items is to give players access to more Threads of Time from daily repeatable sources. These should serve as readily attainable power-ups from a wide variety of content, so players can enjoy the breadth of Pandaria while also gaining additional power. There are four new items that grant players escalating amounts of power for the Cloak of Infinite Potential:
    • Minor Spool of Eternal Thread
    • Lesser Spool of Eternal Thread
    • Spool of Eternal Thread
    • Greater Spool of Eternal Thread
  • Players will be able to find these new items from a variety of solo and group sources, ensuring all players have accessible ways to improve their cloak:
    • Infinite Bazaar Repeatable Dailies
    • First-Time Daily Scenario, Dungeon, and each LFR queue
    • World Bosses
    • Remix Achievements
      • Each of these achievements are available for additional characters to complete as well for bonus Bronze - and now bonus Spools of Eternal Thread.
    • Troves of the Thunder King scenario on the Isle of Thunder
  • We've made the following changes and bugfixes are intended to address concerns about the balance of low- and high-level players in various Remix content.
    • The health of creatures in heroic scenarios has been decreased by 20% - 25%, based on the players' levels. Higher level players will see enemies incur a larger decrease.
    • The health and damage of creatures on the Timeless Isle, Isle of Giants, and Isle of Thunder has been reduced.
    • Several spell gems (that were not scaling up or down correctly based on player level) have been adjusted so that they provide a more-appropriate scaling effect. This includes Cold Front, Windweaver, Vampiric Aura, and Lightning Rod.
    • Spell gems with shielding effects should no longer cause threat.
    • Fixed a bug with Righteous Frenzy not canceling upon the end of combat.
    • Timerunner's Vial mana regen significantly increased.
  • Adjusted the reputation granted from Granite Quilen to be more in line with expected values.
  • Fixed an issue in Guo-Lai Halls causing trap tiles to flicker.

-------------------------------------
May 20, 2024

• Shirts and tabards can now be purchased from Larah Treebender <World Apparel> at any Infinite Bazaar, Mei Steadypaw <Barber> outside the Shrine of Two Moons and the Shrine of Seven Stars, and Hanchoon Yi <Guild Master> at Paw'don Village, Honeydew Village, Shrine of Two Moons, and Shrine of Seven Stars.
  • Fixed a bug preventing Timerunners with a legendary Infinite Cloak of Potential from accessing Ordon Sanctuary as intended.
  • Fixed an issue with the spawning of Voress'thalik which prevented the completion of "Devastation Below".
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from learning Amber Pterrordax.
  • Fixed a bug causing Gulp Frogs to unintentionally drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
  • Enemy power scaling, particularly in group content, has been adjusted to be less aggressive. This is particularly applicable in the player level 40 - 70 range, before players have been able to power up their cloak, upgrade their gems, and increase their item level.
  • Gear drop-rates have been improved from world rares, rare elites, and quests. This will help players who have had their item levels fall behind as leveling speed increases, especially at higher levels when cloak bonus experience is powered up.
    • Developers' notes: This will also increase player Bronze and appearance acquisition by increasing the number of items to place into the Unraveling Sands for additional Bronze.
  • The first-time bonus for queueing each LFR wing will grant a Thread of Experience in addition to the existing Lesser Bronze Cache.
    • Developers' notes: This should improve LFR as a viable choice for leveling main characters and alts, without players feeling like they need to grind the same LFR wing repeatedly.
  • We have added bonus experience to each boss in normal dungeons and scenarios so they are a viable alternative to questing. Bonus experience has also been adding to the last boss of Heroic Scenarios. Heroic dungeon bosses will continue to drop bonus experience.
  • We've increased the number of prismatic gems dropped from bosses in normal and heroic scenarios and dungeons.
    • Developers' notes: The increased stamina offered by Legendary Prismatic gems boosts player survivability considerably.
  • We have increased the Bronze granted from all qualities of Bronze Caches by 25%.
    • Developers' notes: These caches are available from a wide variety of sources, both solo and group. This includes the Minor Bronze Cache, Lesser Bronze Cache, Bronze Cache, and Greater Bronze Cache.
  • Fixed an issue where Sha-Skin Vestment was marked as Cosmetic instead of Cloth armor.

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
frog farmers got their cloaks reverted. I'm surprised.
yeah there seemed to have been people noticing that Blizz was adding to the coding ways to identify those who had abused the frogs. Pretty nice gesture to not just nerf with no rewards to the non-farmers. By giving the non-farmers 40k Bronze through the purple quests.

At least Blizz let the frog farmers keep 25000 to Stam, 2500 to all other stats, and 218% to Exp as well as the Bronze farmed as they only touched the cloak.

Last edited:

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
So only non-frog farmer characters could get the 40,000 free bronze... But if they happened to be logged in at the time of the hotfix, they could grab the 40k anyway.

I grabbed mine, threw it all at upgrading my armor and weapon, logged out, logged in, and bam... My cloak lost like 200-300 stats in each category, so I was indeed flagged as a frog abuser (even though I barely touched them).

Anyway, it looks like the single most efficient way to farm Bronze is to now make alt after alt. Hit 70, grab the 40k, buy buy buy, repeat.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
So only non-frog farmer characters could get the 40,000 free bronze... But if they happened to be logged in at the time of the hotfix, they could grab the 40k anyway.

I grabbed mine, threw it all at upgrading my armor and weapon, logged out, logged in, and bam... My cloak lost like 200-300 stats in each category, so I was indeed flagged as a frog abuser (even though I barely touched them).

Anyway, it looks like the single most efficient way to farm Bronze is to now make alt after alt. Hit 70, grab the 40k, buy buy buy, repeat.

Yeah it seems that if you touched frogs at all you got the nerf. My gear is only 402, and I think after Frogs my cloak had 1.5k main stat. After this weeks thread changes I was up to 4.5k main stat and got rolled way back down. Really frustrating, as even killing frogs to complete the daily to gather stones on the Timeless Isle would've put you in the nerf column.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the quest for free 40k bronze, ok
Anyway everything is so poorly thought out like most things in Wow these days that it turned me off quickly.

At least they finally realized rings and trinket should be account wide, lol

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I don't have the quest for free 40k bronze, ok
Anyway everything is so poorly thought out like most things in Wow these days that it turned me off quickly.

At least they finally realized rings and trinket should be account wide, lol
If you havent yet you'll need to be both max level and claim and just do the purple quests at one of the infinite dragon hubs.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
a free 120k of Bronze was nice to wake up to.

got all the new mounts now

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I was only planning to level one character through Remix, but the character bonus has actually changed that plan. I'll level up a bunch of characters for the 40k bronze, and focus on questing / gear upgrading for just one of them.

Tampler

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I was only planning to level one character through Remix, but the character bonus has actually changed that plan. I'll level up a bunch of characters for the 40k bronze, and focus on questing / gear upgrading for just one of them.
Yeah, this is what I am going for too. Have one character experience all the content and upgrade gear, and level up others for the bronze.
Good opertunity to try classes I've never had a chance to try, as well as get Heritage Armour for Allied Races.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Decided to try my hand at paladin healing in an LFR raid (I haven't really played healer since the original TBC ...). I'd say it went well but at the same time, I don't think I actually did that much? I know LFR isn't very hard, especially not on the tank and spank bosses, but surely everyone's just overtuned and outscales the content for it to be this relaxed.