FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Decided to try my hand at paladin healing in an LFR raid (I haven't really played healer since the original TBC ...). I'd say it went well but at the same time, I don't think I actually did that much? I know LFR isn't very hard, especially not on the tank and spank bosses, but surely everyone's just overtuned and outscales the content for it to be this relaxed.

I find LFR to be useless to gauge my healing. Trying some Mythic 0 runs and that will definitely show you if you've got the class down or not. Or at least a lot better than LFR.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Leveling with max cloak in mop remix is so good now. Got to 30 in 40 minutes just doing heroic dungeons and quests between. After the buffs and everyone getting OP, we are just running through dungeons.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Finally got my Rogue to 70 in Panda remix. Bought a ton of transmogs and took a break. Was a pretty fun experience, and I might blast a Shaman to max level while it's active still.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Rogue to 70 in Panda remix. Bought a ton of transmogs and took a break. Was a pretty fun experience, and I might blast a Shaman to max level while it's active still.
It's even faster the second time, given where you start from in terms of cloak strength.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Watching someone with over 100k stamina on their cloak with max gear and already Paragon title running around Timeless Isle one shotting rares before anyone else can even do anything to them is possibly the most annoying thing I've seen in this damn game. Like wtf man….

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Watching someone with over 100k stamina on their cloak with max gear and already Paragon title running around Timeless Isle one shotting rares before anyone else can even do anything to them is possibly the most annoying thing I've seen in this damn game. Like wtf man….

I did an LFR raid today where a Paladin was doing 3.4 million dps, he was just running through the place by himself basically.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
World boss quests not triggering or somehow detriggerring during the fight will never not annoy the shit out of me :°)
Legion was 2016 and it's still happening

Edit : btw Legion was so long ago already, shit

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh I didnt know you could get 2 bullions from just 1 boss. In fact, I got 2 from the first boss I did on both my characters lol.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So, how do y'all feel about all the "state of healers" talk that's dominating The Discourse lately?

It's fascinating to listen in on as someone who doesn't play at a high enough level where this will likely ever affect me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So, how do y'all feel about all the "state of healers" talk that's dominating The Discourse lately?

It's fascinating to listen in on as someone who doesn't play at a high enough level where this will likely ever affect me.

as someone who does heal high enough level (well, in keys at least), everything people are saying is pretty much true.

the 1 shots are absolutely out of control.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
as someone who does heal high enough level (well, in keys at least), everything people are saying is pretty much true.

the 1 shots are absolutely out of control.
That's likely down to defensive creep. Some classes have way too many and some barely have any.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That's likely down to defensive creep. Some classes have way too many and some barely have any.

correct.

There is like one proper actual heal check boss in the game, and it's the ice lady in Halls. Most of the rest is "oh you dont have a button to press, well I guess you're dead then", you feel completely useless as a healer.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when they're adding dragonriding to the older mounts?

I dislike all the dragonflying mounts visually and all the customization is locked to Dragonflight progression. I want to use my Bloatfly. I know they said they're adding it to a bunch of mounts but never gave specifics

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when they're adding dragonriding to the older mounts?

I dislike all the dragonflying mounts visually and all the customization is locked to Dragonflight progression. I want to use my Bloatfly. I know they said they're adding it to a bunch of mounts but never gave specifics
Prepatch, so august if you're optimistic. It's a War Within feature.

Also yeah, the dragon mounts are lame. Maybe the slitherdrake is cool if it ever shut the fuck up
Then again for some reason this time I bought a deluxe edition and I wouldn't use anything else than the algarian stormrider. Especially with the bonus abilty it has, it's cool

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward, we want you to know that we do not plan to change the Bronze cost of upgrading gear. We've already seen many players make the decision to upgrade items so that they can comfortably take on Heroic raids (and hopefully earn the large amounts of Bronze available from them). The gains in power that come with increasing your item levels are exponential, not linear, and we don't want anyone to second-guess their decision to become much more powerful.
Blizzard confirmed they will not be lowering the costs to upgrade gear with bronze.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a huge deal. The thing is the 'endgame' of MOP Remix is just getting your gear upgraded because you can do pretty much everything you need to do pretty quickly. Only really difficult thing is Mythic content and you dont need to do that for any of the achievements or mogs. The only reason one would need to do it is to get more bones from Mythic Garrosh. And by that point you're getting more bronze anyways

Only real reason to keep upgrading is to be OP as shit. With the 40k at level 70 reward now, if you want cosmetics you'd be better off just leveling alts and buying cosmetics then leveling another

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a huge deal. The thing is the 'endgame' of MOP Remix is just getting your gear upgraded because you can do pretty much everything you need to do pretty quickly. Only really difficult thing is Mythic content and you dont need to do that for any of the achievements or mogs. The only reason one would need to do it is to get more bones from Mythic Garrosh. And by that point you're getting more bronze anyways

Only real reason to keep upgrading is to be OP as shit. With the 40k at level 70 reward now, if you want cosmetics you'd be better off just leveling alts and buying cosmetics then leveling another
Yeah, I'm basically shelving my characters as soon as they hit 70.

Bengraven