Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
The Draenei heritage questline was kinda good for once. I guess there's a decent chance we'll get Krokuul/broken in Midnight in some way and more elves ofc
Doing the Seeing Red questline just before was agood complement of it.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Reupped my sub in preparation for the MoP remix, and also because I wanna do the Night Elf heritage armor quest (maybe even the WW prequest thing?).

Just gotta decide if its worth levelling up my old-old Night Elf character which was parked for most of Dragonflight and is still sitting at level 60.

EDIT: Unless .... I just preorder the expansion and use the level 70 boost

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Reupped my sub in preparation for the MoP remix, and also because I wanna do the Night Elf heritage armor quest (maybe even the WW prequest thing?).

Just gotta decide if its worth levelling up my old-old Night Elf character which was parked for most of Dragonflight and is still sitting at level 60.

EDIT: Unless .... I just preorder the expansion and use the level 70 boost

Honestly, you can hit level 70 in a few hours from 60 if you focus. I wouldn't waste the boost unless you really must.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Draenei Heritage questline is the best one so far

Nice to see them finally get some story content after Legion ended

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
by the way, since the new patch, has anyone else unlocked a bunch of mists transmog collections, never seen before.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
one weird "nerf" about 10.2.7, it's completely meaningless but I just thought it was silly.

When 10.2.6 hit, with the increased ilvl gear and shit, the soup rewards for level 60 characters (the mininum you need to be to do the soup event) were changed from 226 to 350 gear.

But now in 10.2.7 they changed it back to 226 gear. Again, it's meaningless, it's lvl 60 gear nobody cares. But it's such a weird "nerf" (I do a lot of soup so I noticed it lol).

Speaking of soup, it's impossible to know for sure since it was always a low chance, but the drop rate on the food pocket seems much lower now. I didn't get any the last two weeks, and I always got at least 1 or 2 every week (I do it on 26 characters each week).

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
by the way, since the new patch, has anyone else unlocked a bunch of mists transmog collections, never seen before.
A bunch of transmog sets based on pandaria questing and leveling gear were made "official" to coincide with mists remix it seems. Some of them have pieces that have never actually been obtainable before so that'll be neat.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda tempted to switch main for Preservation Evoker next time. I mean it's fun, and I do the same numbers than with my Disc for half the work.
But dracthyrs are so damn ugly that I'll probably not do that.

one weird "nerf" about 10.2.7, it's completely meaningless but I just thought it was silly.

When 10.2.6 hit, with the increased ilvl gear and shit, the soup rewards for level 60 characters (the mininum you need to be to do the soup event) were changed from 226 to 350 gear.

But now in 10.2.7 they changed it back to 226 gear. Again, it's meaningless, it's lvl 60 gear nobody cares. But it's such a weird "nerf" (I do a lot of soup so I noticed it lol).

Not only soup, world quests rewards and most things available to a lvl 60 gave 350ilvl and it's not the case anymore =/
Probably cause you then steamrolled everything in dungeons and made blue crafted items irrelevant, dunno. It was fun though

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
it's kind of wild how many of prevoker's weak points are covered by time bender and lifespark and how they didn't really factor in their removal would lead to the spec declining as heavily as it did in seasons 2 and 3.

the spec tree redesign at least keeps lifespark and the new cheaper capstone nodes will let us maintain the current playstyle so hopefully they won't suffer the same issue in TWW but the 30 yard range is still really rough since there still doesn't seem to be enough raw power in the kit to justify it

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking of soup, it's impossible to know for sure since it was always a low chance, but the drop rate on the food pocket seems much lower now. I didn't get any the last two weeks, and I always got at least 1 or 2 every week (I do it on 26 characters each week).

That's not just because the original dragonflight content isn't Awakened this week, is it? Original dragonflight content will be Awakened again next week, so it'd be interesting to see if the higher loot is available again at that point.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mage, Warlock and Priest sets look great

Cloth sets have destroyed the competition in TWW so far

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Having taken a hiatus through all of DF after the beginning I can honestly say I regret doing so now that I've done the main questlines to completion. I really dug the story, love Vyranoth, love what they've done with the Forsaken, Gilneas, and the Night Elves. Feels like a whole new beginning for WoW.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
With the new expansion I hope Blizzard adds some skips to some legacy raids; especially Kara (chess skip) and Dragon Soul (spine of deathwing skip)

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
even just being able to skip the dialogue in dragon soul would go a long way to making that place tolerable

just shut up and let me punch things, kalec

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like all of BfA mythic raids are finally easy to solo. There's two more mounts I can add to my weekly list of PAIN.

Also finally got my hands on the sweet Dazar'alor plate set. Looks so good man. Makes me want to turn my Dwarf back into a Zandalari but Stoneform is just too cool in M+.

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Did some research and it looks like Timerunners are eligible for heritage armor

eu.forums.blizzard.com

Will timerunner characters be eligible for heritage armor after remix is done?

Hello! After a great deal of careful testing, we can confirm that earning Heritage armor on Timerunning characters all works as intended. Your Timerunner becomes eligible for the quest when you hit 50 in Pandaria. Please note that the game won’t offer you the quest or show the achievement as...

Guess it'll be a great time to knock those out after procrastinating for years

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Been going through the new story stuff they added since Dragonflight launched and I last played (Forbidden Reach, the big cave place, Emerald Dream) and ... it's pretty good. They even managed get a few scraps of sensible plot out of the mess that was Shadowlands?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Been going through the new story stuff they added since Dragonflight launched and I last played (Forbidden Reach, the big cave place, Emerald Dream) and ... it's pretty good. They even managed get a few scraps of sensible plot out of the mess that was Shadowlands?
shadowlands had something of a two-prong story approach, capping off the sylvanas arc (which was... yeah) and setting up the new cosmology and insinuating at greater threats in the future which it actually did kind of okay.

part of that is probably just that it doesn't have a very concrete shape yet so there isn't really any way to ruin it, but the implications that zerith mortis and ardenweald left behind were a lot more interesting than what we actually did in it and dragonflight shows that they're at least trying to make good on that potential.

it could all come crashing down if whatever Xal's plan is ends up just being world destroying threat #17, but they seem to explicitly be positioning a few cosmic forces into an interesting future position

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
shadowlands had something of a two-prong story approach, capping off the sylvanas arc (which was... yeah) and setting up the new cosmology and insinuating at greater threats in the future which it actually did kind of okay.

part of that is probably just that it doesn't have a very concrete shape yet so there isn't really any way to ruin it, but the implications that zerith mortis and ardenweald left behind were a lot more interesting than what we actually did in it and dragonflight shows that they're at least trying to make good on that potential.

it could all come crashing down if whatever Xal's plan is ends up just being world destroying threat #17, but they seem to explicitly be positioning a few cosmic forces into an interesting future position

It's probably down to chance in some respects, but because my Shadowlands main picked Ardenweald, revisiting it and bargaining with the Winter Queen for the "release" of Ysera (whose seed (?) I discovered and protected during the Ardenweald campaign, I think) felt really tailored to me and my experiences, lol. So for me this was like "yeah, sweet payoff! Great setup!" but I guess if you did a different campaign in SL you'd be like "eh, sure".

When considering it in light of Blizzard's writing team trying to "fix" some of their mistakes from Shadowlands (or rather, the mistake that was Shadowlands) without simply pretending it didn't happen, I'd even say they managed to pan out some gold from that muddy river.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

For how terrible Sylvanas's arc was set up I thought the ending and payoff was really well done. They've been killing it at closing arcs. Threading the needle for the Forsaken was a really high bar to clear but somehow they pulled it off. Easily my fave race in WoW and they managed to give them closure while also setting up their future. And now they're friends with Gilneas! I love it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
476 was around heroic Amirdrassil loot and +15 vault or something, so not low, lol
But 500+ is really easy to get now so it might make all the difference

No it wasnt, hero loot was 483, which you easily got from M+ or from heroic raid like you said. 476 was normal raid (champion track).

476 was pretty low unless you were very casual (which is fine mind you, that's not the point).

And we're talking last season, not this season, and one assume the BFA mythic raids even with the new nerfs are aimed at the current season gear.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's probably down to chance in some respects, but because my Shadowlands main picked Ardenweald, revisiting it and bargaining with the Winter Queen for the "release" of Ysera (whose seed (?) I discovered and protected during the Ardenweald campaign, I think) felt really tailored to me and my experiences, lol. So for me this was like "yeah, sweet payoff! Great setup!" but I guess if you did a different campaign in SL you'd be like "eh, sure".

When considering it in light of Blizzard's writing team trying to "fix" some of their mistakes from Shadowlands (or rather, the mistake that was Shadowlands) without simply pretending it didn't happen, I'd even say they managed to pan out some gold from that muddy river.
the ysera plot was part of the ardenweald story upfront, though the winter queen has extra dialogue if you're a member of the night fae when you petition for her trade. ardenweald ended up being one of the few really interesting and fleshed out concepts SL had so i do agree that it's good to at least revisit that well even if we could do without the rest

i'll give it credit for being a cool scene but the ysera payoff was largely just... ysera hanging around for no particular reason when the torch had already been passed to merithra during dragonflight's questing, and then going back after realizing she's not needed and accomplishing nothing.

but that's probably the best they could've realistically done given the circumstances and her scenes with merithra and alexstrazsa were sweet.

For how terrible Sylvanas's arc was set up I thought the ending and payoff was really well done. They've been killing it at closing arcs. Threading the needle for the Forsaken was a really high bar to clear but somehow they pulled it off. Easily my fave race in WoW and they managed to give them closure while also setting up their future. And now they're friends with Gilneas! I love it.

the forsaken payoff was... fine, but sylvanas's whole deal still rubs me the wrong way. it ended up being completely pointless and all in service to the same guy, even when different plot points were trying to make it seem like she was making her own decisions. arthas, her bargain with the valkyr, teldrassil... all of it was actually just the jailer pulling the strings the entire time, pitting sylvanas against herself and then taking all the credit. she's been robbed of any agency she ever had posthumously, which makes the idea of her needing some sort of punishment at the end even more comical... she wasn't even really doing anything.

the main reason i'm fine with her just walking off into turbohell forever is that they clearly didn't know how to reconcile all the different plot beats and just made it all moot. there's just nothing for her to actually do since she never had a character at all now, just an extension of the jailer.

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
I soloed all four BFA raids on Mythic this week with a ilvl 482 ret paladin, they're definitely very doable now. Just a few fights that you have to be mindful of gimmicks on (e.g. Queen's Court and fights like Carapace)

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
the main reason i'm fine with her just walking off into turbohell forever is that they clearly didn't know how to reconcile all the different plot beats and just made it all moot. there's just nothing for her to actually do since she never had a character at all now, just an extension of the jailer.
Will they bring her back in Midnight tho
I mean thematically they probably should, but they won't want to piss people off.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Will they bring her back in Midnight tho
I mean thematically they probably should, but they won't want to piss people off.
i suspect they won't be able to resist the urge to, especially since we'll be dealing with cosmic forces and can play it off as she's our expert on the realm of death now

and people have been craving to see the windrunner sisters reunite on-screen for the longest time (even though they've technically done this in other media already and it kinda amounted to nothing) so they'd be winning some brownie points for that

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I've been giving it some thought and I wonder if Warbands are going to be a precursor to player housing. It would be so cool to have a home base instance in the new cities.

Imagine your warband hanging out, dueling, cooking, etc while you're adventuring.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been giving it some thought and I wonder if Warbands are going to be a precursor to player housing. It would be so cool to have a home base instance in the new cities.

Imagine your warband hanging out, dueling, cooking, etc while you're adventuring.
If they flesh out the Warband system it's going to get me good. I headcanon and make OCs out of my characters enough as-is, and the more it lets me roleplay them in relation to one another, the more dangerous that all will become for me