• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banjo & Kazooie or Master Chief in Smash?

• Banjo and Kazooie

Votes: 239 74.9%
  • Master Chief

Votes: 80 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb hypothetical but it's been discussed quite a bit and I was legit curious what people thought so I wanted to make a poll.

Who do you think would be better in Smash if Microsoft got one of their characters in?

Banjo obviously has more relevance to Nintendo.

But Master Chief is pretty much the most iconic character on Xbox.

Personally I have more nostalgia for the Chief as I played more Halo 1 and 2 then Banjo.

How about you?

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Banjo and Kazooie definitely have more relevance and probably makes more sense, but I would honestly love to see Master Chief make it in because it would have far greater impact in terms of Microsoft and Nintendo's relationship, and how hype it would be etc.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how Master Chief qualifies for a spot.

I do see how Banjo and Kazooie qualify for a spot.

Therefore, my answer is the bear and bird.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie

We are seeing a Smash game going for insane levels of fanservice. Banjo is potentially the biggest dream character left outside of Geno.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
are there even any western characters in the smash roster or is it all japanese?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Banjo deserves a spot. But god damn Chief in Smash would be the biggest megaton ever. So frankly gimme both.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Banjo. No question in my opinion. Chief has his fans and he's an gaming icon but Banjo has been requested since 64 along with the likes of Sonic, Mega Man and K Rool. He kinda deserves it.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Banjo would likely have a more cartoonish move set that would fit in with Smash Bros.

But Master Chief is badass. I imagine his moveset would be close to Snakes. Assault rifle spray, fragment grenade, plasma grenade, maybe a convenant carbine that you can charge, summon a scorpion for final Smash.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
There's no way in hell Nintendo would allow Sakurai to put Master Chief over Banjo, c'mon now.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Banjo would likely have a more cartoonish move set that would fit in with Smash Bros.

But Master Chief is badass. I imagine his moveset would be close to Snakes. Assault rifle spray, fragment grenade, plasma grenade, maybe a convenant carbine that you can charge, summon a scorpion for final Smash.
Thruster dash and thruster smash down aswell. Assination animation for grapples

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
6ef.png

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Banjo is obviously more aligned with Nintendo. More likely, too.

Master Chief would be an announcement that would break the Internet beyond any other video game character.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo deserves it more out of those two but honestly I'd want to see Chief get in for the reactions.

Master Chief > Goku

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie are the last big dream for smash fans and n64 fans, so yeah them

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Banjo would be fun and probably has been requested since 1999, but Master Chief would legit be one of the biggest megaton moments in the history of gaming full stop.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Banjo.

MC would not fit at all, it to me is like the people who want in Dovahkin, just doesn't make sense in my mind. (then again at least skyrim has been on a nintendo console lol)

Also Steve is such a meme character I hope for the love of god he doesn't get in. Pretty much 0% chance anyways but I don't even like thinking of the slight possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.