Banjo & Kazooie or Master Chief in Smash?

• Banjo and Kazooie

Votes: 239 74.9%
  • Master Chief

Votes: 80 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I'll never understand why MC is ever considered more appropriate, considering Banjo WAS a Nintendo character.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Banjo and Kazooie are from a fairly uninspired 3D platformer that relied too much on pads that let you use your special abilities. I know that it is a classic a lot of people love, but I'm not a big fan.

Master Chief would be a wild pick from left field, but I like Halo and would enjoy sticking people with plasma grenades in Smash.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
PUT IN BLINX THE CAT DONT LET HIM DIE

But seriously though throw in Banjo and Master Chief. Hell let Microsoft throw in all their IP fuck it.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai doesn't like to use straight up guns in Smash. See: Solid Snake.

As silly as this sounds. The Arbiter would make a better fit for Smash than the Chief would.

B/K has the better history and move set potential. Plus that music? Oh yeah, give me some remixes of that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Chief would be absolutely awesome, but I mean, obviously it's Banjo. Chief isn't even number 2 either. Minecraft Steve/Alex is above him for sure.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Back in March, I posted this thread back when Smash Ultimate first got announced (As Smash Switch)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...h-bros-switch-is-it-actually-realistic.29019/

After the Direct, Smash Ultimate truly feels Ultimate and it looks like Sakurai is truly listening to all the fan wishes with Ridley, Daisy, Simon and King K. Rool as well as Cloud from Smash Wii U/3DS

Banjo & Kazooie is one of the most requested third-party characters now (outside of maybe Goku?) and them being in the game would cause massive reactions because not only is it a long requested character that has history with Nintendo, but it's also a Microsoft character.

What do you guys think?

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Banjo Kazooie are a better fit because of their relevancy to Nintendo

If the goal was to get the most iconic [Microsoft character] in there for some reason, then yeah that'd probably be Master Chief

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Master Chief is significant in gaming history, like Pac and Richter and Cloud and Sonic and Mega Man.

Banjo is a lame mascot.

Edit: Lara is vital.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Sakurai doesn't like to use straight up guns in Smash. See: Solid Snake.

As silly as this sounds. The Arbiter would make a better fit for Smash than the Chief would.

B/K has the better history and move set potential. Plus that music? Oh yeah, give me some remixes of that shit.
Arbiter even got a slot in KI, so it's fair to say he's more immediately fit as a fighting character. But of course Chief could use melee combat (fists, sword, hammer), a rocket launcher, grenades. They could easily make him work and he's far more... ugh... "iconic".

The thing is, Snake occupies the exact gameplay niche Chief would.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
I don't know if I can say for certain (I voted yes though lol) but I really hope they make it in. They were supposed to be in Melee, so being in Smash is the legacy they never got a chance to have!

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
1-clippyjpg.webp
I remember this guy. Does he have a name?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an official petition out there or something? I think if you got one of those and the number of signees got really large that would push the issue more to the forefront.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Master Chief would be a terrible Smash character, it's not even funny. He would be so damn bland. Banjo all the way!

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean Cloud isn't Nintendo either. Cloud was pretty much Sony's most well-loved character of the PS1 era. Master Chief is the most well-loved character of the OG Xbox era. So adding in Master Chief makes as much sense to me as Cloud. I don't mind if he's in, but I would prefer Banjo more and I think he deserves it more too.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
MC. It's not going to happen but just imagine the possibilities if Halo DS had been completed and eventually released..

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo by far.

Master Chief seems like an extremely dull option for a Smash character tbh.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Steve would be a better spot over both. I don't like Minecraft or even known anything about it but he would be huge and makes the most sense money wise. Plus he would be a unique character which I think would be cool to see

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo might have a fun moveset

Master Chief is just some fucking guy
In the same way that literally every character is 'just some guy/fox/dog/girl/whatever'

This is reductive to a degree that just makes it look salty.

Master Chief makes no sense, but that's what would make it amazing. Banjo fits better though.

EDIT: and yeah, Minecraft steve/alex is the best actual choice for ALL reasons.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ive never owned ab Xbox, or played a Halo game in my life, but Banjo over Master Chief sounds insane to me.

MC likely gets an entirely new subset of people (Microsoft loyalists) to at the very least, check the game out. Maybe buy a Switch, maybe even join the FGC. Banjo doea... what? The number of people who haven't gotten SSB yet because Banjo of all people isn't in it, can probably be counted on one hand.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They should go crazy and have Chief, Steve, Banjo, and James Bond (with all actors likenesses of course)

Then they can release GoldenEye for both XBX and Switch and everyone wins

I would buy all the Amiibos

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Could go either way, but I would think that at the moment, their chances have never been more in their favor, with Nintendo and MS being kinda chummy here lately.

And hey, if Rare Replay also gets a Switch port out of the deal, that'd be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.