Banjo & Kazooie or Master Chief in Smash?

• Banjo and Kazooie

Votes: 239 74.9%
  • Master Chief

Votes: 80 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, do we not know when to stop? Can we stop being entitled for one second? 103 stages, 800 songs and 73 characters already and you want a Microsoft owned one? If we get another third party its gonna be from one of the ones that are already on board (hell, Square and Namco only have one rep while Capcom, Konami and Sega have two each now).

Sakurai is already going far beyond our widlest dreams! What's next? Demanding Aloy from Horizon?

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
If they're adding stuff like King K Rool, which no one cares about other than hardcore fans, then obviously Banjo is the better choice since Nintendo fans actually want him.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
In the same way that literally every character is 'just some guy/fox/dog/girl/whatever'

This is reductive to a degree that just makes it look salty.

Master Chief makes no sense, but that's what would make it amazing. Banjo fits better though.

EDIT: and yeah, Minecraft steve/alex is the best actual choice for ALL reasons.
I'll put it this way - Smash Bros. is all about being true to the spirit and personality of the fighters.

Master Chief and his world has no personality.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My mind says no, but my heart says YES.
Guys, do we not know when to stop? Can we stop being entitled for one second? 103 stages, 800 songs and 73 characters already and you want a Microsoft owned one? If we get another third party its gonna be from one of the ones that are already on board (hell, Square and Namco only have one rep while Capcom, Konami and Sega have two each now).

Sakurai is already going far beyond our widlest dreams! What's next? Demanding Aloy from Horizon?
l94ZfmH.gif

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I admit I never played with Bayo in the latest game. Does she use actual bullets? Or are they laser-ified? I feel like Bayo's existence floats close enough to the magical world that she could skirt by with this.

Actual bullets. The guns themselves don't look 100% realistic, but I'm unsure if that makes a difference or not (they looked like that in the original games. Smash didn't change anything).

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Banjo fans have come out of the woodwork after K Rool. Good job guys, keep the dream alive.

My heart says yes, but I'm still skeptical. Voting with my heart though.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This seems like a joke post, but I just want to make sure this is a joke post right? I feel... I feel like it is but sometimes its so hard to tell.

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft is 1st party.
Banjo is 1st party.

Minecraft is a 1st party property on a competitors console.

So by extension, Banjo could be a 1st party property on a competitors console.

Minecraft is a multi billion dollar franchise that Microsoft themselves own and releases on those consoles. It's different than licensing a property out to a competitor.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'd put his odds at at least 20%. Minecraft content being practically confirmed really helps him.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
I could definitely see Banjo happening - Phil Spencer has expressed interest in having Banjo-Kazooie in the game. Not entirely banking on them making it to this version, but would definitely be excited if they did.

But the reveal trailer better include a Duck Hunt rivalry of some sort.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
fuck both of em

latest

Viva Pinata was a Rare game published by Microsoft that had a DS entry, making it the only valid crossover option

give us a quackberry

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chief is pretty much irrelevant outside the USA and the UK.
He doesn't belong to smash
Lots of characters in smash are uncared about in important regions prior to being in smash. Japan doesn't give a single shit about Punch Out or Little Mac, for instance.
The Fire emblem characters in Melee? Those games didn't even come out in the US until AFTER smash made people start wanting to see them.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Banjo and Kazooie would be the more sensible choice. Master Chief would be the more impactful choice.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Sakurai doesn't like to use straight up guns in Smash. See: Solid Snake.

As silly as this sounds. The Arbiter would make a better fit for Smash than the Chief would.

B/K has the better history and move set potential. Plus that music? Oh yeah, give me some remixes of that shit.
I think giving Master Chief Plasma weapons gets around that. Between rockets, grenades, the Spartan laser, plasma rifle/pistol, the Energy Sword, Needler, and maybe a Brute Shot, there is plenty of material to build a moveset with. I fully recognize how unlikely this is, but I don't think weapons would be an issue.

While the Arbiter could work, Master Chief's design is more recognizable. Making one an echo would render it a moot point, too.

I'd like to meet in person the people who said Master Chief. I'd ask them: why?
I was given two choices in the poll and I like Halo more than I do Banjo Kazooie. It really isn't complicated.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Banjo definitely has more history with Nintendo in general and better represents the N64 era. Master Chief however does a good job at representing the console shooter as a genre. He's a well-known character in his own right and would be easily recognizable. The reliance on realistic weaponry might hamper his moveset though as it did Snake's.

I'd get hype for either honestly, but I think Banjo and Kazooie would be more likely, if at all.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a joke post, but I just want to make sure this is a joke post right? I feel... I feel like it is but sometimes its so hard to tell.
Im serious. We have already 73 characters and 4 third parties on board, two of them with only one rep, do you really think we'll get a character thats owned by Microsoft (plus the inevitable new stage, hazards, items, assist trophies, and music that comes with a new IP)?

We as gamers dont know when to stop. The K. Rool reveal wasn't even cold yet and I saw people complaining why Dixie didnt make it. I mean c'mon!

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of characters in smash are uncared about in important regions prior to being in smash. Japan doesn't give a single shit about Punch Out or Little Mac, for instance.
The Fire emblem characters in Melee? Those games didn't even come out in the US until AFTER smash made people start wanting to see them.
But those were Nintendo characters and smash served as advertisement. Fire Emblem is alive thanks to Smash and waifus.
For most people out there Chief looks like generic looking space marine. He neither has a history with Nintendo nor its relevant in videogame history.
Minecraft guy or Banjo make more sense.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Master Chief has nothing to do with Nintendo in the slightest.

Never gonna understand why people even believe this nonsense.

At least Banjo has a history with Nintendo.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
? I'm all for the inclusion of Banjo, and I never even liked the Banjo games when they were new. Hell, the one I did like was Nuts and Bolts. So get out of here with this "you're just a fanboy" bullshit.
Stop being one then? It's fine if you don't like Halo, but literally pretending like the Master Chief has no character and the universe is devoid of any in any way? That's an 'opinion' that can only be informed by intense hatred of anything that isn't your favorite company. Call of Duty has characters nobody cares about, Halo has a universe that is DEEPLY loved in the gaming community, that doesn't happen when it's dull and boring.

But those were Nintendo characters and smash served as advertisement. Fire Emblem is mostly alive thanks to Smash and waifus.
For most people out there Chief looks like generic looking space marine. He neither has a history with Nintendo nor its relevant in videogame history.

Your bias is showing really hard here fam.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Banjo would fit, and would be a really good get for them. If you're at the point where Master Chief is being considered, then fuck it, just get every notable third-party character in there, connections to Nintendo be damned. Nothing needs to make sense anymore once you're there. Just shove in some Dante and Geralt and Jill Valentine or whatever.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Master Chief would be a bigger deal as an announcement, but that's largely because of how incompatible he is with the spirit of the game. Banjo would feel right and I can anticipate him playing much more naturally than MC ever could.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Im serious. We have already 73 characters and 4 third parties on board, two of them with only one rep, do you really think we'll get a character thats owned by Microsoft (plus the inevitable new stage, hazards, items, assist trophies, and music that comes with a new IP)?

We as gamers dont know when to stop. The K. Rool reveal wasn't even cold yet and I saw people complaining why Dixie didnt make it. I mean c'mon!

We as gamers don't know to stop what?

Just because I post "hey Banjo would be cool", doesn't mean I'm going to be offended, upset, or whatever emotion if Banjo isn't included.

Banjo actually has history on Nintendo consoles, Microsoft actually said they're cool with it, Sakurai has said there's more characters left to announce, and we know DLC is always an option.

How the hell does talking about Banjo's chance in Smash make us entitled? What?

How the hell does talking about Banjo being in Smash equate to wanted Alloy being in Smash? One is possible the other isn't. Why would Nintendo want a new IP (Cloud is a video game icon, Alloy isn't) with no history of being on Nintendo systems? Why would Sony allow Alloy but not allow crossplay or cross progression?

We're (as in the majority of gamers, there's always a few crazies out there) not demanding anything, this is purely speculation and discussion. If you think that makes us entitled I really don't know what to say.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo would fit, and would be a really good get for them. If you're at the point where Master Chief is being considered, then fuck it, just get every notable third-party character in there, connections to Nintendo be damned. Nothing needs to make sense anymore once you're there. Just shove in some Dante and Geralt and Jill Valentine or whatever.
You know Cloud has no ties to nintendo either, right?
What bias? Master chief and Halo are only relevant in the USA and the UK. The Xbox brand is really weak outside those countries.
the parts that I bolded, y'know, the parts that are patently false yet you seem compelled to try and push because you're fanboying?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically i think Minecraft Steve makes more sense. Been on a Nintendo Platform, does well, and has the play everywhere with MS.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Banjo would work better within Smash's style, but man it'd be amazing seeing how the internet would react to a Master Chief announcement.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
You know Cloud has no ties to nintendo either, right?

the parts that I bolded, y'know, the parts that are patently false yet you seem compelled to try and push because you're fanboying?
How is it fanboying? Heck, I'm all in for a Microsoft character. I'm just saying Master Chief doesn't make sense.
I know this is a USA-centric forum, but people overstimate how popular MC is.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
60 people as of now have serious issues. How isn't Banjo 100% of the poll? Banjo is pretty much viewed as a Nintendo character, considering Microsoft has done fuck all with them. MC has no business in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.