Banjo & Kazooie or Master Chief in Smash?

• Banjo and Kazooie

Votes: 239 74.9%
  • Master Chief

Votes: 80 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, do we not know when to stop? Can we stop being entitled for one second? 103 stages, 800 songs and 73 characters already and you want a Microsoft owned one? If we get another third party its gonna be from one of the ones that are already on board (hell, Square and Namco only have one rep while Capcom, Konami and Sega have two each now).

Sakurai is already going far beyond our widlest dreams! What's next? Demanding Aloy from Horizon?

Im serious. We have already 73 characters and 4 third parties on board, two of them with only one rep, do you really think we'll get a character thats owned by Microsoft (plus the inevitable new stage, hazards, items, assist trophies, and music that comes with a new IP)?

We as gamers dont know when to stop. The K. Rool reveal wasn't even cold yet and I saw people complaining why Dixie didnt make it. I mean c'mon!

Your taking this far to seriously. It's just me t to be a fun hypothetical because I see people bring up Banjo and Minecraft a lot.

I just figured if they talked to Microsoft about Banjo, what else could be brought up including their mascot.

It's just for fun. Relax. No one is demanding anything.
I'd like to meet in person the people who said Master Chief. I'd ask them: why?

I never played much B&K. I hold no real interest in them and their inclusion wouldn't really excite me.

I did however as a young teen play the shit out of Halo 1&2. So that franchise holds a stronger place for me.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's Halo 3/Infinite design Chief. But Banjo would be top priority for obvious reasons. Nintendo and MS have been pretty buddy buddy recently so I can definitely see Master Chief being in

Lol at the haters tho.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Banjo fits in more with the cartoony/kid-themed atmosphere of the game. Plus I doubt MS would ever let MC appear on a non-Windows platform.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xVO5LnUjuY8DRPIX1IevzY8kSXTkHks62AOTRHIwals.jpg

We need the 7th-gen triumvirate.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
lol @ all the salty posters mad that Master Cheif is one of the most recognizable characters in gaming.

"Doesn't fit smash" Neither did Snake.

"Never on a Nintendo console" Neither was Cloud

Personally, I'd take either. Both great characters.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a USA-centric forum, but people overstimate how popular MC is.

Isn't Halo like a top 25 selling franchise of all time?

And then you have the fact that if MC appeared Halo fans might even jump in and buy a Switch.

(I'm not arguing for Chief, but I'm just trying to understand your point)

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the more apt comparison is Banjo-Kazooie vs. Minecraft Steve.

Minecraft is not only on Nintendo platforms but is one of the most successful, influential, and iconic games of all time. I feel like it beats Halo in every way.

Banjo-Kazooie is entirely driven by the decades long fan movement for the character, so it seems like the decision is either to pick a character for the Smash community or for the mass audience.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I would personally prefer Master Chief and feel it would be a bigger deal.

So many options for a cool stage and music.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Stop being one then? It's fine if you don't like Halo, but literally pretending like the Master Chief has no character and the universe is devoid of any in any way? That's an 'opinion' that can only be informed by intense hatred of anything that isn't your favorite company. Call of Duty has characters nobody cares about, Halo has a universe that is DEEPLY loved in the gaming community, that doesn't happen when it's dull and boring.
Not giving a shit about Halo is not fanboyism breh

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
lol @ all the salty posters mad that Master Cheif is one of the most recognizable characters in gaming.

"Doesn't fit smash" Neither did Snake.

"Never on a Nintendo console" Neither was Cloud

Personally, I'd take either. Both great characters.

Neither Cloud or Snake are owned by another console holder, that for as buddy-buddy as they seem nowadays, is still a competitor.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017

The initial Ridley and Simon leak mentioned Minecraft content (was very broad-just said content). Since we've seen both Ridley and Simon, and since this direct confirmed universes that have no other presence in the game and are owned by other companies such as Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter are getting significant content despite not getting a character, it seems very likely that Minecraft content will in fact be in Smash.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be down for either. Smash has become more than just a celebration of Nintendo. It's a celebration of video game history.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Banjo for sure. Was a classic on the N64.

Should be easy to come up with attacks even just pulling from banjo 1 & 2.

Let's be real though, I'd spend money on banjo DLC only if an alternate costume was wishy washy banjo.

WishyWashyBanjo.png

Hogid

Jan 15, 2018
I guess it should be Banjo (at least it's my most desired newcomer atm), if the series wasn't so abandoned by Microsoft and Rare lately

Sadly Banjo-Kazooie means nothing to the great audience right now

But if Smash has become a celebration of the videogame world, we need a Microsoft character, yes. And why not the iconic duo that shone in the N64 era

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
None of the two.

1) We haven't seen a new Banjo game on a Nintendo console for soo long, many new players don't know the character. Master Chief is a Microsoft exclusive character.

2) Both characters are not popular in Japan.

3) I don't know if Sakurai (and his team) likes these games, which seems to be a very important aspect.

I think if you have to pick one Microsoft character, Steve from Minecraft is probably the only one that makes sense, given the success of the game.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo would be better. While I think it would be very funny to see Master Chief in Smash Bros, Banjo has more interesting moves to work with.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if Nintendo and Microsoft were to strike a deal, I think they should go all out and make it really count. Realistically, Minecraft would be the thing to kick the door down, but it would be such a waste to stop there. BK share a universe with DK so sign like two more documents and make it happen.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not giving a shit about Halo is not fanboyism breh
Breh, my breh, not giving a shit about something is not the same as "LOL CHARACTER IS LITERALLY TRASH GENERIC AND GAME IS GENERIC AND HAS NO WORLD" - you've clearly never even touched a Halo game.
It's about as dumb as me going "MArio has no character, he just jumps on things and looks like a fat little generic stereotype" - which I'd never say because it's that fucking stupid.

Characters that are not popular in regions or literally unknown:

Samus (Was never popular in japan. Halo outsold Metroid Prime there afaik, or was very close, for instance. and that's well after Samus was in smash).
Ness (Earthbound was a terribly niche title in the west, largely gaining popularity AFTER Ness was included in smash, even if it's well regarded it's not like it set the world on fire here)
Lucas (Literally never released outside of Japan)
Marth (Didn't come out outside Japan)
Roy (Game didn't come here, LATER games did though because of smash).
Cloud ( Did not even appear on a nintendo console)
Little Mac (Not popular at all in Japan)

The notion that somehow a character had to be on a nintendo system or popular in Japan or whatever else has NEVER been true.

If you don't think someone fits the game, fine, that's your opinion, but arguments like "but it's xbox and Japan doesn't like xbox" are really demonstrably dumb when considering Smash and what it is as a game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This is a weird one. Banjo fits and has the N64 roots, but Master Chief works as part of the whole 'celebration of gaming icons' thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Chief is the only video game character that could top Cloud.

There are other much more plausible characters than Chief who could easily top or equal Cloud's inclusion.
My boy Crash Bandicoot immediately comes to mind.

But Master Chief would be an unprecedented get, much bigger than the likes of Cloud, because the idea of Smash featuring a rival console maker's iconic 1st party character (with almost no connection to Nintendo) is CRAZY!
It's just step below seeing Mickey Mouse, Luke Skywalker, or Goku show up in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.