Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Decided I'd try Moving Out. First achievement it gives out is for 1 (one) gamerscore. Ugh. It's never been funny or clever. Just makes me dislike games that do it.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Decided I'd try Moving Out. First achievement it gives out is for 1 (one) gamerscore. Ugh. It's never been funny or clever. Just makes me dislike games that do it.

Yup, really annoying. Only way to fix it is to keep playing until you get 1 of 2 odd number achievements: one for not slapping any ghosts on the haunted levels and one for finding the hidden console on EVERY level.

Here's what's worse: The ghost one is obviously easier, there's only 3 haunted levels and they're about halfway through the game, doesn't take terribly long to unlock them. Only the ghost achievement was glitched on xbox for MONTHS. I beat the game before noticing the odd number gamerscore thing, so I wasn't going to go back and find every console again. So I had the bright idea to play it again on PC, where the achievement isn't glitched... only to realize (I'd never played the same game on both before) that ALL the achievements can be earned on both, so I immediately got the mandatory one point achievement again for finishing the tutorial on PC.

I gave up at that point. They finally fixed the Xbox ghost achievement a while ago. I still have to go back and get the ghost one on PC too but I just can't summon the will to boot up that game again.

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 3 is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Played it years ago. I think I will try andromeda again after. I got somewhat far before. I remember enjoying the combat and stuff.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Control runs really choppy. What a bummer. It's so weird because the cut scenes seem to run at a very decent frame rate.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed Dishonored for the first time. What an amazing game and the 60fps/quick load times make it a blast to play. It was a pretty fast play through as well, which was welcome. Going to jump into the story DLCs and hope a FPS boost is on its way for the second game as well.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Just completed Dishonored for the first time. What an amazing game and the 60fps/quick load times make it a blast to play. It was a pretty fast play through as well, which was welcome. Going to jump into the story DLCs and hope a FPS boost is on its way for the second game as well.
Does the story DLC also have the FPS boost?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Really enjoying Empire of Sin. Unfortunately the controls are bit complicated and playing the game on xbox makes me want to chdck it out on PC with KB+M.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Game Pass for PC app is so cursed. Empire of Sin would just not open. I spammed the "play" button continuously today and then the Paradox Launcher came up. It's apparently what'll need to do every time to boot up the game.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
The Game Pass for PC app is so cursed. Empire of Sin would just not open. I spammed the "play" button continuously today and then the Paradox Launcher came up. It's apparently what'll need to do every time to boot up the game.
I've given up on the pc app. I even completely formatted my pc and reinstalled windows. Didn't take long before troubles came back.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've decided to replay Ori & Will of Wisps again since playing it, a year ago was it? I can't remember when it came out.

Anyway, it's just as wonderful second time around.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a crazy thought-

It would be really good if Microsoft switched to using the Bethesda launcher for all Gamepass games.

It works so much better than the MS Store and they can fully keep you in the infrastructure because they own that store now.

It's also an easy out for them to finally get away from UWP which they have been promising for years.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
This just makes me so sad. I really want to sub the Game Pass for PC but it's just so pathetic given all the technical issues. I'm tempted to just get a Series X at this point.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
is it just me or is Squadrons fucking great? Holy shit, I didn't play for long but it feels wonderful to play
It definitely looks and sounds wonderful. Gameplay-wise it feels like I'm just chasing HUD elements across empty space, or going for multiple runs against larger targets until it blows up.

Oct 29, 2017
It definitely looks and sounds wonderful. Gameplay-wise it feels like I'm just chasing HUD elements across empty space, or going for multiple runs against larger targets until it blows up.
Yeah, it's no Ace Combat 7 for sure. Though pretty ok. I'm hoping it gets more diverse, having currently finished the first Empire mission.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017

I agree, Ace Combat 7 is way better.
I'm still at chapter 2 or 3, overall is fun, but I had the same thought as you

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this game must be the reason why my gamerscore now always ends in 1 or 6
Yep. Double Dragon Neon does it too. Took me ages to find 2g or 4g achievements after starting that for one of the Game Pass quests. This time, I read there was a bugged achievement in Europa Universalis IV on PC (start a game on Ironman, get 4g) - sure enough, it worked. Gamerscore restored!

Really enjoying Empire of Sin. Unfortunately the controls are bit complicated and playing the game on xbox makes me want to chdck it out on PC with KB+M.
The PC version is on Game Pass too!

Edit: I'm wrong sorry. I could have sworn it was PC and Xbox.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
It's a shame Achievements are blocked out on Skyrim with mods, although I understand why.

I played through the original on PC and had the Open Cities(?) mod which meant no loading screens between city gates, doors etc. It's so jarring playing this on the SX and there's a load screen between leaving Whiterun and going to the world map as well as all other normal buildings.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

Has the game been improved since launch? The 1920/1930s setting always hooked me ever since that presentation at an Xbox showcase two years ago or so. But the reviews really left me unsure what to think of this game, it appaeared broken then.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Finished A Plague Tale: Innocence yesterday. Loved the atmosphere of the game, the settings and, while not the best in class, also the stealth gameplay.

I really hope Asobo's next game is another adventure like this one.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Started Undertale, as I have no excuse now. Played 45 minutes so far and it's pretty cool. I suck at combat though (dodging attacks) so not sure what'll happen if I keep dying.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Has the game been improved since launch? The 1920/1930s setting always hooked me ever since that presentation at an Xbox showcase two years ago or so. But the reviews really left me unsure what to think of this game, it appaeared broken then.

Literally went in blind so I was unaware of any issues. Game seems to run fine.

The setting really hooked me too. I chose to be the Irish mob and my main guy has a real attitude. Have already ran a few missions and taken over a few nearby businesses, i'm probably around 2 hours in. The game itself is really good, I just find the controls to be complicated and its quite apparent that the menus and management tools provided are designed for keyboard and mouse.

Shame its not also on PC gamepass as that's where I would most likely get the most out of it.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Literally went in blind so I was unaware of any issues. Game seems to run fine.

The setting really hooked me too. I chose to be the Irish mob and my main guy has a real attitude. Have already ran a few missions and taken over a few nearby businesses, i'm probably around 2 hours in. The game itself is really good, I just find the controls to be complicated and its quite apparent that the menus and management tools provided are designed for keyboard and mouse.

Shame its not also on PC gamepass as that's where I would most likely get the most out of it.

EoS is on PC Gamepass.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
EoS is on PC Gamepass.

Just checked and there it is. Thanks!

Weirdly enough, it wouldn't show on the 'recently added' or any other list and i had to search for it. Will download later

On a related note, anyone with a pc should download the Command and Conquer remastered collection. One of the best remasters I've ever had the pleasure of playing and you don't need a super powerful PC to experience it in all its glory.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Really loving Burnout Paradise. I do wish it wouldn't play Paradise City every time you start the game, tho lol

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It really is quite good. I thought the vertical level design was pretty amazing, to be honest.

Sucks that the studio has been shut down :/
Quoted post had two other folks who've seen the light as well :-). IMHO Journey to the Savage plant was a bit of an underappreciated gem. Really colourful, lots of verticality and like BOTW it rewards curiousity....nearly everywhere you think "I wonder if..." there is a treat waiting if you can get there. And almost always more useful than korok seeds.

If at all possible i'd recommend everyone tries it before it leaves and then decide if you want to keep going and try and finish it before it goes. The exploration is fun, but optional, so you can mainline through the game relatively quickly if you want to.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I implore people who like metroidvania style puzzle games to check out Supraland. It's made by what looks to be mostly 1 person, but it's an absolutely huge and polished feeling game with some inventive puzzle mechanics. Explorers will probably find it funny how often they feel they can get out of bounds of the level only for it to be part of the world and have something like a chest or npc waiting for you.

I had a ton of fun with it.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I find undertale kind of a little bit fun, but certainly not worthy of the immense hype and praise it gets.

I've played for two hours so far. To be honest I've never really looked into this game much - I thought it was a retro style game which was brutal in terms of difficulty. In actual fact, it seems more like a comedy game to me. I think it's fairly short so will probably stick with it.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, played maybe two hours of Undertale, and not enjoying it. Maybe it was the subversive nature at the time, but having seen so much of it over the years, it's not working for me.

I'll step away and come back one more time.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I implore people who like metroidvania style puzzle games to check out Supraland. It's made by what looks to be mostly 1 person, but it's an absolutely huge and polished feeling game with some inventive puzzle mechanics. Explorers will probably find it funny how often they feel they can get out of bounds of the level only for it to be part of the world and have something like a chest or npc waiting for you.

I had a ton of fun with it.
I second this. Awesome game.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
For me, the best part of Undertale is up on Spotify. I really do not enjoy the act of playing that game at all.

Oct 28, 2017
I think he needs to at least attempt two up top for a few games. Norwood put in a decent enough shift on Saturday but he was isolated for large chunks of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.