• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Hey, I know it's not Game Pass specific but I have Forza Horizon 3 on PC and this stupid Xbox App installed the Hot Wheels DLC on my C drive which is a small SSD, how can I move it/delete it without deleting the whole game, and when done how can I be sure it's installed on the same drive as the main game itself? Thanks :)

Jul 28, 2020
Hey, I know it's not Game Pass specific but I have Forza Horizon 3 on PC and this stupid Xbox App installed the Hot Wheels DLC on my C drive which is a small SSD, how can I move it/delete it without deleting the whole game, and when done how can I be sure it's installed on the same drive as the main game itself? Thanks :)
"Manage game" push the hamburger button on the game's tile to get there.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding Game Pass quests, are the "quest ready to turn in" notifications only available in the insider program?

I've seen them in videos from the likes of Rewards Hunter for what feels like months at this point, but can't find anywhere to enable them on my Xbox (which isn't in the insider program at the moment).

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Regarding Game Pass quests, are the "quest ready to turn in" notifications only available in the insider program?

I've seen them in videos from the likes of Rewards Hunter for what feels like months at this point, but can't find anywhere to enable them on my Xbox (which isn't in the insider program at the moment).

Settings ->Preference->Notifications->Xbox Notifications->Xbox Game Pass->[X]Quests

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why Doom 2 is half a gig installed? Are there extras on there that I'm not seeing?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I get them on my series X which is default OS.

If you don't get the "toast" notification then you can still turn them in via the game pass app. Just open the app on your xbox and scroll down to the quests and you can turn them in there.

They only pop if you unlock them when you're sitting in front of your xbox.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does Undertale have a bit of input lag? It just doesn't feel super responsive, and I'm worried it's going to become very hard to avoid damage like this.

Sep 17, 2020
Game pass pc problem here..
Installed Dishonored 2. All of the in game text is in my native language, portuguese. I hate it. It completely breaks immersion. I found out how you would change it on, for example, the steam version, by editing a file in the game folder. Which you can't do on xbox app games.. any idea how to get around this?

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I get them on my series X which is default OS.

If you don't get the "toast" notification then you can still turn them in via the game pass app. Just open the app on your xbox and scroll down to the quests and you can turn them in there.

They only pop if you unlock them when you're sitting in front of your xbox.

You can also turn them in on the console even if you miss the notification. Open the guide and click "all achievements" to open the achievements screen. I'm going off memory, but I think the top left option is your achievements. The middle left is "gamerscore leaderboard" for the month for you and your friends, and the bottom left option should say "game pass quests". Clicking that opens the screen showing all finished and pending quests.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Installed Dishonored 2. All of the in game text is in my native language, portuguese. I hate it. It completely breaks immersion. I found out how you would change it on, for example, the steam version, by editing a file in the game folder. Which you can't do on xbox app games.. any idea how to get around this?
As with all MS Store games, the only way to change the language is to change the region setting in Windows Settings Panel
KqZMKhA.png

(Yes, really)

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You can also turn them in on the console even if you miss the notification. Open the guide and click "all achievements" to open the achievements screen. I'm going off memory, but I think the top left option is your achievements. The middle left is "gamerscore leaderboard" for the month for you and your friends, and the bottom left option should say "game pass quests". Clicking that opens the screen showing all finished and pending quests.
Interesting! I've always gone via the app :)

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As with all MS Store games, the only way to change the language is to change the region setting in Windows Settings Panel
KqZMKhA.png

(Yes, really)
Yeah, this is hassle to set up but it shouldn't get in the way of your day to day activities on your pc. Your keyboard setup and OS language will still be in Portuguese as usual.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I had a problem where alot of achievements on game pass was completely in Japanese even though my language and region was English. Found out it was a bug because I had a Japanese keyboard alongside my English one which was causing the problem. Removed it and everything was sorted.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Series X coming at the weekend :) - looking forward to a big jump from my OG Xbox One.

Still just a 1080p monitor so i'll look to upgrade that in the future once monitors catch up to all the cool stuff it can do.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
After being lukewarm on the console at launch, I get my Series X today and I'm super pumped! I've been playing a ton of games lately so I can't wait to pump Game Pass directly into my veins.

Time to go buy a bunch fo Cheez-its and Pop-Tarts to stack up on free GPU.

painlanguage

Jan 9, 2018
Hey everyone, my Series S is coming tomorrow and I have a dumb question. I read about getting 3 years of game pass for $1 by first getting 3 years of gold by redeeming codes. My question is does it have to be 3 years? Can I just do 2 years or even 1 year?

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Hey everyone, my Series S is coming tomorrow and I have a dumb question. I read about getting 3 years of game pass for $1 by first getting 3 years of gold by redeeming codes. My question is does it have to be 3 years? Can I just do 2 years or even 1 year?

Yep, 3 is just the max.

Edit: you can do fewer, and, as of now at least, you can do the conversion again when your sub expires (though at $15 instead of $1). But, there is a good chance that the offer won't be available forever, so people try to maximize it while they can.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
really not a fan of my xbox pestering me about renewing GPU everytime I turn it on I have to admit...

Like chill xbox, I have 13 days left, not 2 days, fuck me.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I recently got an Xbox Series X with Game Pass and want to play Knights of the Old Republic. I was surprised to see that KOTOR is not part of Gamepass considering all of the other EA Star Wars games were on there. I looked and apparently it used to be on Gamepass but was removed. Do games often reappear on Gamepass?

If it isn't a common occurrence, then I will just buy it straight up.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I recently got an Xbox Series X with Game Pass and want to play Knights of the Old Republic. I was surprised to see that KOTOR is not part of Gamepass considering all of the other EA Star Wars games were on there. I looked and apparently it used to be on Gamepass but was removed. Do games often reappear on Gamepass?

I can't off the top of my head think of a game that returned.

Quellyford

Banned
May 16, 2020
After being lukewarm on the console at launch, I get my Series X today and I'm super pumped! I've been playing a ton of games lately so I can't wait to pump Game Pass directly into my veins.

Time to go buy a bunch fo Cheez-its and Pop-Tarts to stack up on free GPU.
Congrats! Legit despite not having a big lineup of brand new Series X exclusives, I've never enjoyed a new console more. With all the upgrades MS is pumping into tons of games, and the massive variety of games on Game Pass, everything feels so good and fun to play. Tried Dragon Age: Inquisition again yesterday since playing it on my Xbox One like 5 years ago, and it feels like a brand new game. Remarkable what MS is doing with back compat and upgrades!

Enjoy your new console!

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone gotten the logitech g hub software to work with a games pass pc game? you are supposed to point it to the exe file for the game to associate a profile with but those files are hidden and also the ownership is a bit skewed so even if you fiddle with the folder view I still cant get it to work.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Anyone playing Torchlight III noticed a lot of glitches since the last patch...? I cant synth items in my Fort anymore,everything on the ground isnt picked up immediatly,like coins mostly,cut scenes are a black screen,thank god you can continue by skipping them,etc etc...its like they changed for a cheaper loot server or something...finished ACT 2,going to put it on hold till this is fixed,hopefully.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Congrats! Legit despite not having a big lineup of brand new Series X exclusives, I've never enjoyed a new console more. With all the upgrades MS is pumping into tons of games, and the massive variety of games on Game Pass, everything feels so good and fun to play. Tried Dragon Age: Inquisition again yesterday since playing it on my Xbox One like 5 years ago, and it feels like a brand new game. Remarkable what MS is doing with back compat and upgrades!

Enjoy your new console!

Thanks friend! It sounds like I'll enjoy it for exactly the same reasons that you enjoy yours. I had a PS5, but I quickly caught up on the exclusive games I had backlogged and I just have no desire to pay $70 for new games. I also have my first kid on the way, so the more value I can get out of a gaming console for the least money, the better!

Quellyford

Banned
May 16, 2020
Thanks friend! It sounds like I'll enjoy it for exactly the same reasons that you enjoy yours. I had a PS5, but I quickly caught up on the exclusive games I had backlogged and I just have no desire to pay $70 for new games. I also have my first kid on the way, so the more value I can get out of a gaming console for the least money, the better!
Wow!!! Congratulations!!!! All the best with your new baby :)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

It's because KOTOR isn't an EA game.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So i want to play Halo 1 but the Xbox App on PC wants me to download all 160gig of Master Chief collection. I currently don't have that much free space.. is there any way just download the one small game?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So i want to play Halo 1 but the Xbox App on PC wants me to download all 160gig of Master Chief collection. I currently don't have that much free space.. is there any way just download the one small game?
On Steam you can, or you can buy it separately. Using Game Pass, I don't think you can just download the MCC UI and then install them separately :\

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I think you can launch it as soon as it is available to open (at 25%?) and then unselect the games you don't want to install. Not ideal, of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.