Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Just finished Yakuza 3. That was easily the worst of the bunch so far and had the most annoying battle system. So glad I figured you could just constantly throw bosses to lower their health faster since Tiger Drop wasn't working as consistently here.
I never get it working constantly, too. I'm unsure if I should move on to 4 immediately.
Finished 3 wird 2x% of completion.Did a bunch of substories but not much else.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've played for two hours so far. To be honest I've never really looked into this game much - I thought it was a retro style game which was brutal in terms of difficulty. In actual fact, it seems more like a comedy game to me. I think it's fairly short so will probably stick with it.
For me, Undertale is one of those games that's worth sticking to just to see the True Pacifist ending.

- Playing through the initial game was cool, not my favorite
- The game gets better and better the further into it you get
- Completing the game for the first time is an awesome experience of gameplay + story + music
- Playing through a second time to get True Pacifist is quick, enlightening, and has an even more rewarding story + new music

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Had some good fun with the first few hours of Journey to a Savage Planet this night. Will definitely finish this as long as its on the service. So sad the studio doesn't exist anymore. I love the verticality in level design and the 3D Metroidvania feel to this game. Honestly more games should be focusing on exploration.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Prey feels like a total new package. I originally played it on a launch Xbox one. Going from that, to how it looks/performs on the Xbox Series X is incredible.

I loaded up my last save, and was then able to choose New Game +.

I'm maybe 2/3 of the way through the game. Such a joy. It really does feel like it's own thing.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa Doom 2 has an "Addons" option where you can download a ton of different wads using a built in browser. They have Rekkr in there as well as quite a few other ones. Is that in the console version as well?

I assume these are all curated so they are wads that don't need any additional key mappings?

The only thing that sucks is you don't get a separate save menu when you enable a wad, so only have 6 save slots you need to use across all mods.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sort of a bank shot, but figured I'd try asking here - I got Mass Effect 3 through Gamepass/EA Play on PC. Anybody know how to get the multiplayer DLCs?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI communicates a sense of warm blanket coziness that I don't know if any other game has done as effectively for me. It's just such a colorful, kind, joyous delight to play

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Any recommendations for sub <10 hour games? Looking for some short and sharp titles to pair with Cyberpunk, and soon to be Greedfall (or Fallout 4 - undecided atm). Nearly finished with Injustice 2's campaign which has been fun.

Snobby, but ideally after things with high production value that'll look great on the telly

Last edited:

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for sub <10 hour games? Looking for some short and sharp titles to pair with Cyberpunk, and soon to be Greedfall (or Fallout 4 - undecided atm). Nearly finished with Injustice 2's campaign which has been fun.
I don't know what you like, but how about Streets of Rage 4? It's a great 2d beat em up.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Sort of a bank shot, but figured I'd try asking here - I got Mass Effect 3 through Gamepass/EA Play on PC. Anybody know how to get the multiplayer DLCs?

The closest thing I've seen is this on the FAQ:

Not seeing all the games from Origin?

Don't fret. We're adding titles to the beta all the time. So if your game isn't here, it will be soon. Plus, any games missing from the beta are still available to play on Origin.

But otherwise, I don't even know how you get the single player DLC for Mass Effect 3 anyway. On Origin, it looks like both single player and multiplayer DLCs are bundled into one collection which is strange since the multiplayer DLCs are supposed to be free.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
So, I completed Pillars of Eternity before I'd originally wanted to when I realised (after 150 hours) that Paradox Arctic totally fucked the achievement tracking on Xbox with its update last year.

However, it turns out that you are given an even rarer achievement than you would otherwise get for doing so by finishing it with under 250 kills. I don't really understand how that's possible anyway, but whatever. If you're looking for easy achievements from this game, forget it.

I was primarily playing it as a backstory primer for Avowed, but it's kind of soured me on diving into the sequel. I think you can gleam enough worldbuilding by just watching a synopsis of this first game online and play Deadfire first instead. It looks to be miles better, from encounter management to graphics and Avowed won't be set in either parts of Eora that the POE series was set (which is a good thing because they are both the arse-end of nowhere).

Apart from the achievements, my main complaint with the actual game is that the levelling is absurd. You spend ages amassing power and levelling up, then hit a brick wall when going to one part of the map, or fighting dragons which have nothing to do with the actual story. So you then finish the entirety of all of the remaining (non-definitive edition) quests, bar the point-of-no-return end game and return to this area and find that you still aren't powerful enough - when there's absolutely no enemies left on the entire map to farm XP for. So you have to go do companion side quests to level up, some of which totally aren't straightforward and require spending weeks in their company.

Overall, I was impressed with the depth of the characterisation and some of the dialog options could be quite amusing, but the story was a bit up it's own metaphysical arse and I'm glad it's behind me.

Now i'm playing Empire of Sin. What a great game this is. No more pacey than POE but a lot more fun, IMO.

Last edited:

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Any recommendation for a good couch coop game in gamepass that I can play with my 6-year old son? We played and beat Streets of Rage 4 on easy and it was a blast.

Moving Out can be an option but it seems to be demanding and intense. A similar game to overcooked wich is not a good choice imo. I

What about River City Girls? Is it as straight forward as SoR4?

Thanks all in advance.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Any recommendation for a good couch coop game in gamepass that I can play with my 6-year old son? We played and beat Streets of Rage 4 on easy and it was a blast.

Moving Out can be an option but it seems to be demanding and intense. A similar game to overcooked wich is not a good choice imo. I

Thanks all in advance.
River City Girls is not as straight-forward as it's a little more "open world" and has stats and RPG mechanics and if you're not a fan of River City Ransom you just want to yell at stuff like "you can buy stuff here but we wont tell you what it does until after you bought it".

I'd recommend Battletoads if you haven't tried it. I had a great Sunday with that and it seems really kid-friendly.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Rhaknar I could see this easily happening. Ubisoft retains IP ownership, the entire cost of the backend and marketing is handled by Microsoft (Xbox), and Ubisoft gets predictable Annualized Recurring Revenue to keep their shareholders happy. The very predictable price drops in Ubisoft titles demonstrates that the company is very much concerned with ARR. If both parties are not happy at the end of the initial contract, nothing is lost.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have gotten stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I can't advcance and I know for sure it's probably something stupid. I just keep running around like an idiot. At least the game runs much better on the XSX.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018

Thanks all in advance.

I think Moving Out might be perfect, actually. It has a bunch of assists you can turn on or adjust till you get the difficulty right. With a little experimentation you can definitely get it to the point where a 6 year old can enjoy it without being stressed out or frustrated.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I assume this Doom Eternal THIRTEEN GIG patch is for the DLC and not the supposed next gen patch right?

I really need to unisntall the game for now, it taking it up more and more space and Im not gonna play it until the patch anyway.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Rhaknar I could see this easily happening. Ubisoft retains IP ownership, the entire cost of the backend and marketing is handled by Microsoft (Xbox), and Ubisoft gets predictable Annualized Recurring Revenue to keep their shareholders happy. The very predictable price drops in Ubisoft titles demonstrates that the company is very much concerned with ARR. If both parties are not happy at the end of the initial contract, nothing is lost.

Yeah I can definately see it. Tons of Games with Gold over the last few years have been Ubisoft as well.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021

Snobby, but ideally after things with high production value that'll look great on the telly

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice - 6-8 hours. Plague Tale Innocense - 6-8 hours. Titanfall 2 - 4-6 hours

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft Plus is PC only, right?

If it means Game Pass goes up in price, I'd rather they not lol. It would certainly be a great addition to the service for lots of others, but I don't really play many Ubisoft titles these days personally.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, agreed. If Ubi came out with a version that only had older games and charged something similar to EA play (4.99/month or 30/year) I could see it as a possibility though.
Yeah something like that could work. I could even see it making sense from a user acquisition standpoint from Ubi's side (get a lot of people to d/l their software/sign up for accts/etc). Would make a lot of sense for them if they did it for like a yr or something to try to get people hooked/upgrade to Ubi+, etc.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
ubisoft+ gives you all ubi games on release day right? i have a hard time seeing that, unless it's a more expensive tier. i'd find it more likely that ubi introduces a lower tier of ubi+ that's like ea play, gets you their stuff a year after release. that i could see being added to gamepass

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ubisoft+ gives you all ubi games on release day right? i have a hard time seeing that, unless it's a more expensive tier. i'd find it more likely that ubi introduces a lower tier of ubi+ that's like ea play, gets you their stuff a year after release. that i could see being added to gamepass
Yes Ubisoft+ is like EA Play Pro on PC, you get all games at release.

EA Play Pro is only on PC too and not included in Game Pass, so if Ubisoft+ comes with Game Pass, it would be a lower tier I guess.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought an "used" Xbox Series S since the X is still nowhere to be seen....oh well at least it wasn't too expensive if I regret it.
My question is, before I do stupid things, since I'm in Europe would it be smarter to set up accounts and gamepass and shit to the US? Better deals etc.

This is how I was operating with my PS4, but this is my first xbox since forever (briefly owned 360) so.... I guess you can't switch regions easily or that at least gamepass/xbox live is tied to a single region?

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020

Thanks all in advance.
Minecraft Dungeons and Battletoads

These are all really fun and you can set the difficulty low enough for anyone to enjoy :)

Naner

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks all in advance.
Dirt 5 can be really fun in split-screen if you like racing games.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought an "used" Xbox Series S since the X is still nowhere to be seen....oh well at least it wasn't too expensive if I regret it.
My question is, before I do stupid things, since I'm in Europe would it be smarter to set up accounts and gamepass and shit to the US? Better deals etc.

This is how I was operating with my PS4, but this is my first xbox since forever (briefly owned 360) so.... I guess you can't switch regions easily or that at least gamepass/xbox live is tied to a single region?
Much the opposite, the Xbox account is not tied to a single region (PSN account is). However, I believe that to buy games from another country you need to have a valid payment method from that country. Also, often times the website has problems with this, for me it keeps showing me the US store although I'm in Italy.

Since I still have my Brazilian credit card, I buy games from Brazil. But on the website this is very wonky, so I change my console's region setting and buy it there. I found this works better. My Game Pass subscription is in Italy, though.

If you can buy from somewhere else, maybe do, because Europe is getting fucking robbed with new games lately. Also, sign up for Microsoft Rewards, it's really good.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

You're fine. On Xbox you don't need separate accounts for different regions. You can access any store and download games from any region with your primary account. There's an option in the settings to change your location and you can do it as often as you want.

There are some funky restrictions with using a card in other regions (it's best to just use pre-bought credit from gift cards) but the account switching stuff is no issue. All games, DLC, etc are region free and will play happily with any other region. It's not like PlayStation where you have to buy the same region DLCs and make a new account to access other region stores. Free and easy.

If you set up your Xbox account today and set your location as France, for example, you can switch to Brazil or Hong Kong or USA tomorrow and then switch back straight away etc. No restrictions. Just requires a quick console restart each time you swap.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Much the opposite, the Xbox account is not tied to a single region (PSN account is). However, I believe that to buy games from another country you need to have a valid payment method from that country. Also, often times the website has problems with this, for me it keeps showing me the US store although I'm in Italy.

Since I still have my Brazilian credit card, I buy games from Brazil. But on the website this is very wonky, so I change my console's region setting and buy it there. I found this works better. My Game Pass subscription is in Italy, though.

If you can buy from somewhere else, maybe do, because Europe is getting fucking robbed with new games lately. Also, sign up for Microsoft Rewards, it's really good.

You're fine. On Xbox you don't need separate accounts for different regions. You can access any store and download games from any region with your primary account. There's an option in the settings to change your location and you can do it as often as you want.

There are some funky restrictions with using a card in other regions (it's best to just use pre-bought credit from gift cards) but the account switching stuff is no issue. All games, DLC, etc are region free and will play happily with any other region. It's not like PlayStation where you have to buy the same region DLCs and make a new account to access other region stores. Free and easy.

If you set up your Xbox account today and set your location as France, for example, you can switch to Brazil or Hong Kong or USA tomorrow and then switch back straight away etc. No restrictions. Just requires a quick console restart each time you swap.
Many thanks to you both :)
That's a relief. But yeah I was planning on buying gift cards anyway. Haven't done that in forever though, I'll have to research the good places to buy those nowadays

Oct 29, 2017
Many thanks to you both :)
That's a relief. But yeah I was planning on buying gift cards anyway. Haven't done that in forever though, I'll have to research the good places to buy those nowadays

Always worth keeping an eye on Hot UK Deals for threads like this too:

www.hotukdeals.com

Xbox Deals with Gold & Spotlight Sales - EU Region Comparison [Use Any Debit Card, No VPN Required] @ Xbox Store Hungary / Czech / Norway - hotukdeals

Much like the Revolut trick of old when using the Argentina and Turkey stores, games can be purchased at face value from the Hungary, Czech and Norway Xbox Stor

Status
Not open for further replies.