• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The whole OT thing is kinda dumb but there's no reason why people on Discord should have priority over people who only participate here.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
With all the Crackdown footage being out, if the Perfect Dark being in development rumor is true I hope it borrows some of the neon light aesthetic. Something like Atomic Blonde meets Blade Runner.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
People on the Discord voiced displeasure with this solution. However, much like drawing straws, it's the least biased way to choose a new title. Otherwise, I'd have to rely on people telling me which are the most popular or I myself digging through hundreds of posts to determine which are the most popular amongst everyone, both of which are poor solutions.

Why should the people in Discord even have a say?

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
With all the Crackdown footage being out, if the Perfect Dark being in development rumor is true I hope it borrows some of the neon light aesthetic. Something like Atomic Blonde meets Blade Runner.

I agree. Fun fact, one of the concept artists who worked on Crackdown 3 has also done some (major) work for the Ghost in the shell movie.

InfamousFriendlyDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

SecondOnlyGrackle-size_restricted.gif

GenuineEuphoricDodobird-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The World
I was just reading on some of the events leading up to the launch of PS4 and Xbox One. One thing that stood out is that Sony took a risk, got lucky and it helped them immensely, MS's botched rollout notwithstanding when starting the generation.

PS4 was designed initially to have 2 GB of GDDR5 RAM. This was because GDDR5 RAM was very expensive when PS4 development was in process. This was then revised up to 4 GB GDDR5 - even the latest dev docs at E3 reveal talked about 4GB RAM. But prices crashed even more and Sony was able to get to 8GB which really meant their decision to go for a simple straight-forward architecture was a masterstroke.

If PS4 had launched with 4GB RAM instead of 8GB, the whole technical gap would have been interesting to see. Basically, PS4 would have had a GPU advantage but 4GB RAM would have caused many issues.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Just want to say that despite Microsoft's marketing, "When everyONE plays, we all win" flows better than the hard "body". But down for either. Now, onto the real topics we abandoned 3 pages ago:

Viva Piñata battle royale. Really, why not? chase the nintendo audience instead the actually overcrowded regular battle royale market.
Yes. Combine the 100 Halo grunts idea. Make a 1v100 BR game. One player plays the pinata. 100 grunts fight each other to be the one to rip open its sweet, sweet innards. Two beloved franchises revitalized in one fell swoop. Boom. Edit: wait no three franchises.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just use "When everybody plays, we all win" for every OT in the future?

I think there's a bit of fun to be had by coming together to figure out an OT title rather than just sticking with a Microsoft slogan.

That said, it should be open to everyone in the community making suggestions/voting.

Apr 6, 2018
Companies like SEGA has tons of people doing market research. I guess they know more than customers do.
This is why I'm skeptical about a huge investment in Japan like 360, it won't matter how much money they will put, they won't bring Japanese on Xbox nor create a core jrpg audience big enough to catch the interess of Japanese developers.
The only progress was artificial, way more money than benifts, and when money run out everything disappeared.
Literally every person I talked to privately really liked the campaign, highlighting polish and gameplay feel. Won't drop names etc. due to embargo of course, but there are some big names here and even one you wouldn't think to have a positive opinion on his playtime so far. Again, campaign.
How big? Ign /GameSpot big or?
Multiple delays major missing features multiple devs , outside of online destruction little to no innovative features since 2008
Little no innovative features except being the very first game with a working and massive percentage of cloud computing help in the history.
It's a bit gutting to potentially have Crackdown 3 as the fourth squandered opportunity after ReCore, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. ReCore and State of Decay 2 were buggy at launch. Sea of Thieves was released at too high a price.

Quantum Break as well perhaps, if the TV stuff had been scrapped maybe they could have put the money into better gameplay and a grander scope.

A lot of people saying "Crackdown 3 being an arcadey, lightweight thing is fine, not every game has to be God of War" etc but clearly, Microsoft wants every game they release to be a big hit and push boundaries and do something new, and in Crackdown's case, it's obvious it's not what it was originally meant to be.
CD3 is a game based on a new tech. That tech is here and working. Not as impressive as we hope, but still years above everything else we ever saw. Don't push the red faction thing.
One of the most fucking corrupt, false, sony ass licking web magazine we have in Italy just started the shit load about crackdown 3:

https://www.everyeye.it/notizie/cra...ideo-confronto-con-build-del-2015-364087.html

claiming as you can see that, according to this video (btw who the hell is The Red Dragon, some kind of toxic youtuber?), the game has been massively downgraded from its original footage in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=ulmkyqFoMhU

I'm disgusted to see, again for the 31923012893120th time how much superficial journalists who probably get paid from other companies dare to comment and start the shitstorm on this game.

I really have no words. Jesus....
It's the fucking everyeye dude. They are low quality even covering mangas and movies. Plus Fossetti is a living joke. Start using Twitter and follow the developers.
They were an independent studio with 100 employees. Great that they have multiple teams, but how small are we talking about then? They can't be that far in the development of their new game, unless it's a small one like Hellblade.
The project we think will be unveiled in 2019 is one started in 2014 discovered on the LinkedIn profile of a developer(she's working since 2014 on an unannounced project), so it's a current gen game.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm currently debating appropriate solutions for future thread titles. The current one should soon be updated to Klobrille's suggestion, if Jawmuncher gets to it shortly.

Something I want to make clear is that I want to avoid thread titles with outright snark or blatant jabs. I almost got in trouble with OT3's original title, and I really don't want a repeat of that situation.

Current solution is an open Google Form posted as a threadmark, with the ability for anyone to submit a thread title. Upon approach to OT5, all duplicates will be removed from the form, and a Random Number Generator will be used to determine which 5 titles should be placed in a poll on this thread. This is the fairest and least biased solution I can come up with at present.

People on the Discord voiced displeasure with this solution. However, much like drawing straws, it's the least biased way to choose a new title. Otherwise, I'd have to rely on people telling me which are the most popular or I myself digging through hundreds of posts to determine which are the most popular amongst everyone, both of which are poor solutions.
Good. I am also glad that the current thread title got changes to what we have now. Much better fit.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
I'm hallucinated by that |OT| gate, it's just a title guys.

Kinda astonished these were chosen throught Discord. It's not like we don't have any appropriate place to discuss tho.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most fucking corrupt, false, sony ass licking web magazine we have in Italy just started the shit load about crackdown 3:

https://www.everyeye.it/notizie/cra...ideo-confronto-con-build-del-2015-364087.html

claiming as you can see that, according to this video (btw who the hell is The Red Dragon, some kind of toxic youtuber?), the game has been massively downgraded from its original footage in 2015.

I'm disgusted to see, again for the 31923012893120th time how much superficial journalists who probably get paid from other companies dare to comment and start the shitstorm on this game.

that is actually embarrassingly bad

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Man, these OTs are weaksauce.

Why we parroting corporate slogans?

Its a good slogan with deep meaning. The gaming community is toxic, and really we shouldnt be. Now with the cross-play controversy stuff which is why i suggested it, it is that promotion of inclusion of all gamers regardless of platform. We should be pushing for this all inclusion no matter race, gender, disability, platform, etc We should be able to enjoy our hobby with everybody.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
CD3 is a game based on a new tech. That tech is here and working. Not as impressive as we hope, but still years above everything else we ever saw. Don't push the red faction thing.
The Gamescom 2015 trailer, "life in gangland is an intricate web of dangerous interconnections, a dynamic ecosystem with multiple moving pieces", suggests a single player that is much more ambitious than it's ended up.

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
It's the fucking everyeye dude. They are low quality even covering mangas and movies. Plus Fossetti is a living joke. Start using Twitter and follow the developers.

Jeez, thanks I know you're right, fellow Italian!

that is actually embarrassingly bad

Yes, and the thing I'm really angry with is that this ridicoulous website is actually considered a respectable place where one can find accurate reviews etc..

This is crazy...even if I know there's no point in taking bad blood but when I read stupid things I just can't stand them anymore.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

The 2015 demo is more impressive and seems to use exponentially more compute power however....different dev, different game engine and most importantly, if you're going to use footage from a dynamic engine, you can find all kinds of spots where it's glitchy or does weird stuff. Get it...no bullet holes in the wall. People have still put together some impressive clips on their own. Still seeing stuff that I haven't seen before. Red Faction and Battlefield physics were not dynamic.

I think all the extreme commentary is disingenuous. There's a mix of disappointment and impressive stuff and I'm not sure an objective person can say it's all one thing or the other.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
The Gamescom 2015 trailer, "life in gangland is an intricate web of dangerous interconnections, a dynamic ecosystem with multiple moving pieces", suggests a single player that is much more ambitious than it's ended up.

That's referring to when you take down a boss and halt their supply line, the organisation as whole, loses the benefit that bought them. If that boss was responsible for training gang members, when you took them down, that would make remaining gang members easier to kill.

It was a system in the first CD and is present in 3.

Feb 10, 2018
This new OT name is better.

After watching shawn laydens DICE presentation, I hope MS takes a similar approach to its games and studios.

Playground games are in a similar position to where Guerilla were when making H:ZD.
If it is fable PG are making I hope they have the time and support they need.
Fable was one of my favourite franchises.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018

Basically he says Maverick is to get used consumers that an all digital console is viable.

the rumors/leaks have said as much.

digital is the future so whatever. Dont remember the last time I put a game disc in my PC, hell dont even have a DVD or BluRay drive in the damn thing and Gamepass pretty much makes my Xbox digital only when I do use it.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
That's referring to when you take down a boss and halt their supply line, the organisation as whole, loses the benefit that bought them. If that boss was responsible for training gang members, when you took them down, that would make remaining gang members easier to kill.

It was a system in the first CD and is present in 3.
I think it meant more than just that.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
the rumors/leaks have said as much.

digital is the future so whatever. Dont remember the last time I put a game disc in my PC, hell dont even have a DVD or BluRay drive in the damn thing and Gamepass pretty much makes my Xbox digital only when I do use it.
It won't be the future until infrastructure gets better, access gets cheaper and every major ISP stop capping data usage. It's basically impossible for me to own anything digitally with how big games are. If I download the entirety of Gears of War 4, I've used up like 15% of my data for the month.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I

Why do we care about discord? We are here, in this thread. This is like saying I want to rename California, but only people in Finland can vote on a name.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
It won't be the future until infrastructure gets better, access gets cheaper and every major ISP stop capping data usage. It's basically impossible for me to own anything digitally with how big games are. If I download the entirety of Gears of War 4, I've used up like 15% of my data for the month.
That does suck but its the future, PC is pretty much 100% done with discs with "physical releases" just being a box with a download code inside lol

eventually consoles will join in especially with the cheaper money friendly options like the Maverick which is the one currently rumored to have no disc drive. Thankfully games the size of Gears 4 (100gb+ holy shit) dont come out that often let alone in the same month, games are usually like 25-45gb instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.