Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
An update for you folks interested in Xbox All Access in regards to how it works:

I was able to sign up for the Xbox All Access credit line via Citizens One while I was at GameStop.com yesterday. However, I was booted out of the check out process because the consoles were sold out. The credit line stuck regardless. There is good news with this.

1. The credit line remains open for 150 days so you don't have to re-apply for the credit regardless of the retailer you originally signed up with.
2. You can get more than one Xbox console on the same All Access account if you want to.
3. No payment has to be paid until after the console is officially yours.
4. You can get the console itself at any of the supporting retailers. You don't have to stick with the original one you applied for.

So pretty much if I don't get an Xbox after 150 days, as long as no money is withdrawn, the account will close. I'll try to snag two X's for me and fiancee in 150 days. Let's see what happens.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Sorry, I have an OT question:

I'm thinking about getting Watch Dogs Legion, but I'm a bit worried because Ubi didn't really seem to support Watch Dogs 2 that much on the X1X (as in it apparently ran worse than the Pro version, and stayted at 900p). Are Ubi likely to be more supportive of Legion on the XSX?
in fairness i think it only got PS4 Pro enhancements because it launched with the console. And by the time the XB1X released, i think they had already stopped updating/patching the game

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
in fairness i think it only got PS4 Pro enhancements because it launched with the console. And by the time the XB1X released, i think they had already stopped updating/patching the game

Yeah, I'm getting that. I think when I started looking into it a few days ago, I just came across posts that neglected to mention those bits lol.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Are they taking in-store pre-orders as well or just online?

I was wrong about this - JB aren't taking in store pre-orders, or at least mine isn't.

I decided to go in and see if I could put in a late pre-order there and just wait it out until whenever they got more stock, but they told me they were only doing it online. Guy said something about how they offered PS5 pre-orders in store but it was an absolute shit show and decided against it for this one.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
An update for you folks interested in Xbox All Access in regards to how it works:

I was able to sign up for the Xbox All Access credit line via Citizens One while I was at GameStop.com yesterday. However, I was booted out of the check out process because the consoles were sold out. The credit line stuck regardless. There is good news with this.

1. The credit line remains open for 150 days so you don't have to re-apply for the credit regardless of the retailer you originally signed up with.
2. You can get more than one Xbox console on the same All Access account if you want to.
4. You can get the console itself at any of the supporting retailers. You don't have to stick with the original one you applied for.

So pretty much if I don't get an Xbox after 150 days, as long as no money is withdrawn, the account will close. I'll try to snag two X's for me and fiancee in 150 days. Let's see what happens.

Thank you for posting this info.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
How do I knoq its a freedom card?? mine just says amazon prime lol
If you have an Amazon Prime card you get 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases. The card is technically issued by Chase but doesn't qualify for the Freedom categories. However if you have a Chase Freedom card, they announced their 5% cash back categories for Q4 are Walmart and PayPal, so any purchases at Walmart or via PayPal will earn 5% cash back.

Details here.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
My MS Store order for the Series X just went through.

Estimated delivery is a bite strange, it's showing me September 28th....unsure if that's just a glitch.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
So, I got a text today from the credit agency that reads like I have an All Access Xbox. Only problem is, I only did the credit check at GS, and was met with a sold out screen. The link in the text talks about setting up my monthly payments, etc.

My question is, is this just an automated response to the fact that I was approved? GS shows me as having no preorder with them. Just trying to make sure I don't need to call these dudes and fix anything.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017

This is super helpful. Good to know, though I don't imagine all access getting any buyable stock any time soon.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
SSD is 200 dollars on Best Buy website

maybe im late I just saw it

edit,,,,, im wrong its another external

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Do we know anything about the SSD expansion and how it works? I feel sooooo...idk. Like uninformed? If I have a game on the internal SSD and then another game on the expansion SSD, can I use quick resume on both games? How much money will the expansion card cost? I have avoided buying an SSD for computer because they cost (the good ones) around $250. My guess is they'll be $200 or below, but I mean, this is coming out at launch right? And we don't even know the cost?

How will back compat work? I wanted to try F: New Vegas, but it runs at like 30 fps on x1. Will that get upgraded? Do we have any idea how they're rolling that out? Is there any upgraded BC games at launch?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know anything about the SSD expansion and how it works? I feel sooooo...idk. Like uninformed? If I have a game on the internal SSD and then another game on the expansion SSD, can I use quick resume on both games? How much money will the expansion card cost? I have avoided buying an SSD for computer because they cost (the good ones) around $250. My guess is they'll be $200 or below, but I mean, this is coming out at launch right? And we don't even know the cost?

How will back compat work? I wanted to try F: New Vegas, but it runs at like 30 fps on x1. Will that get upgraded? Do we have any idea how they're rolling that out? Is there any upgraded BC games at launch?
its basically like adding more space to your internal

I believe they designed it that way so that there are no speed issues

so if you buy the 1tb XSX and buy the 1tb expansion ssd you have essentially 2 TB unified memory

200$ apparently

SpottieO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does somewhere like the Microsoft store let your place a preorder for the Series X even if all of the launch units are allocated? Will they let you place the preorder and then update you whenever they are shipping your order?

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted but If you want the S, you may want to check the MS site right now. Also, you may be able to buy it via the windows marketplace app on windows 10.

Jun 10, 2020
Texas
Same thing happened to me. I now have a line of credit through Citizen's One opened even though I couldn't get the console through All Access

I called Citizen's One, and they said if it's inactive for 90 days, it'll close on its own or you can request they close it immediately. I'm just gonna leave mines open just in case All Access becomes available again

same thing happened to me too....I'm more worried about the hard inquiry I now have on my credit for no reason

Jun 10, 2020
Texas

this is good news as it happened to me too. How do we prevent them running another credit check during the sign up process next time? Will it come up somehow that we are already signed up with an account?

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
this is good news as it happened to me too. How do we prevent them running another credit check during the sign up process next time? Will it come up somehow that we are already signed up with an account?
Pretty much what'll happen is that when you try to get the console again, you can verify with just your name and last 4 digits of your social security number. That happened to me while I tried a second time on the GameStop site.
Thank you for posting this info.
Thanks for appreciating the info. I wanted to help all the homies here since I was mad about my credit being ran without giving me a console lol
This is super helpful. Good to know, though I don't imagine all access getting any buyable stock any time soon.
Yeah, probably not! lol, but I'll try anyway

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of people sitting on the S but the S is made for people who don't frequent this forum all the time. It's not an enthusiasts machine. It's for people who only have a 1080 TV and won't be upgrading anytime soon. I have tons of friends who were fighting to get one because they are in the exact position.

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
ny

yeah this also happened to me - I really hope they make it right and give everyone who opened an account a shot at a console, this issue seems widespread enough

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
My history in the MS Authenticator for my Xbox account shows tons of login attempts from all over the world. Is that normal?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of people sitting on the S but the S is made for people who don't frequent this forum all the time. It's not an enthusiasts machine. It's for people who only have a 1080 TV and won't be upgrading anytime soon. I have tons of friends who were fighting to get one because they are in the exact position.
I'm glad I didn't get one. I want my Xbox to be able to scale with me if I buy a new TV. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus I'm afraid that some Series S games will have poor frame rates. XSX just seems like a safer path.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't get one. I want my Xbox to be able to scale with me if I buy a new TV. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus I'm afraid that some Series S games will have poor frame rates. XSX just seems like a safer path.
Targeting a 1/4 to 1/2 lower res and having a very similar CPU, Series S games may have times where it has a better frame rate.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
With Destiny on game pass, you have to buy the individual seasons. Does that mean if you stop paying for game pass you lose access to the seasons you paid for?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
If you're new, you can get it for $60 a year for up to 3 years through a special deal. That gets you Game Pass for console, PC, EA Access and Xbox Live Gold.
Link?
This thread should help you:

www.resetera.com

Does the 3 year of Xbox Gold upgrade to Game Pass still work? (update: yes but now at 3:2 conversion) Microsoft

UPDATE JULY 2023 I've never had a gamepass subscription. Microsoft allows you to upgrade your Gold Subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. I remember that you used to be able to stack 3 years of Xbox Live gold and then do the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Game Pass for $180 (or cheaper)...
thanks

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

This thread should help you:

www.resetera.com

Does the 3 year of Xbox Gold upgrade to Game Pass still work? (update: yes but now at 3:2 conversion) Microsoft

UPDATE JULY 2023 I've never had a gamepass subscription. Microsoft allows you to upgrade your Gold Subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. I remember that you used to be able to stack 3 years of Xbox Live gold and then do the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Game Pass for $180 (or cheaper)...

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
No idea! Was just reacting to what Sho Nuff said.

As a rule, with game pass if you buy DLC and it leaves the service or you stop subbing you will need to buy the base game to regain access to the stuff you paid for.

I clearly haven't been following the gamepass Destiny 2 situation though.
OK, I'm going to assume Destiny is like the other games you mentioned. I was charged 70 bucks on PS5 for Beyond Light, so I'm assuming it isn't F2P yet. If it is, I got a royal screwing lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Who ordered through the MS store? Japan's preorders start tomorrow and currently the MS store is literally the only retailer with any mention of the machine going on sale. I'm wondering how the checkout process works. Once it's in my basket, do I have a window in which to complete the checkout? Or am I still competing to be fastest to finish the whole process?

Still no idea what time tomorrow preorders will open, ffs MS if you are really waiting for the TGS stream tonight for these details you are totally contradicting the whole "we will let you know when/ where you can preorder" message. I know Xbox can't hope to compete in Japan but they have put more effort into numerous other countries which have tiny populations and aren't the world's 3rd biggest economy.

Oct 25, 2017
Who ordered through the MS store? Japan's preorders start tomorrow and currently the MS store is literally the only retailer with any mention of the machine going on sale. I'm wondering how the checkout process works. Once it's in my basket, do I have a window in which to complete the checkout? Or am I still competing to be fastest to finish the whole process?

Still no idea what time tomorrow preorders will open, ffs MS if you are really waiting for the TGS stream tonight for these details you are totally contradicting the whole "we will let you know when/ where you can preorder" message. I know Xbox can't hope to compete in Japan but they have put more effort into numerous other countries which have tiny populations and aren't the world's 3rd biggest economy.
I got one there. It's just like everywhere else. Add to cart and go through checkout. It isn't held or anything for you