• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Phil announce next week?

• Everything

Votes: 264 30.7%
  • Most of it

Votes: 218 25.4%
  • Something

Votes: 199 23.2%
  • A sliver

Votes: 94 10.9%
  • Nothing

Votes: 73 8.5%
  • Halo 7: The Dark World

Votes: 216 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly if this comes to fruition, I'm not sure how Phil's position is tenable. He has been an ardent advocate of the console and exclusivity.

Leancarp900

Feb 13, 2023
I wonder if Microsoft is planning to spin Xbox/Activision into its own company. This would add value.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it was initially budgeted for a multiplat release, didn't sell enough/move enough hardware on xbox, and here we are.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder how much tech they had developed for the playstation consoles and if it's rescuable this many years later, i don't really care whether it releases or not but it would be interesting to know if a potential port is making them dust off old stuff and updating it to make PS5 builds

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
It's honestly really hard to wrap my head around a Bethesda RPG appearing on Playstation. Truly mind boggling. The industry, hell, the world is changing before our eyes. Never thought I'd see the day.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I'd take Forza and Microsoft Flight Simulator on PS5. After all, they got MLB the show, on gamepass even!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't own an Xbox, but if I did, I'd sell that shit asap.

I got Game Pass for the next 3 years, and Series X still holds value due to having a disc drive, so no reason to not keep it

But between all this smoke and the other smoke about them transitioning into going "adorably all-digital", yea I guess I might be done dipping my toes into the Xbox ecosystem...

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if MS could have cross save working, would probably buy it on PS5 in that case for Shattered Star (and whatever else might come to the game), as only have a Series S. If not well probably just stick to my Series S, but won't be a priority to get to it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
big if true

I assume this means banjo threeie on switch and pc so it can sell 10 million copies

PixieLayer

Dec 12, 2021
According to sources, we understand that currently Microsoft are planning a launch for Starfield on PlayStation 5 post the release of the already announced "Shattered Space" expansion for Xbox and PC, which is on target to arrive at some point later this year. We've also been informed that Microsoft have made additional investment into PlayStation 5 dev kits to support ongoing development efforts – adding further fuel to the fire.

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
yeah i dont know why microsoft would continue in the hardware game at this point. feel bad for all the people who bought xboxes for starfield

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about Starfield, it was such a disappointment. But if it means Elder Scrolls VI is coming to PS too, I know some people who will be very happy about this.

Jun 12, 2021
Weren't there leaked emails indicating that higher ups at Bethesda were upset that Call of Duty was remaining on PlayStation platforms while their own games weren't?

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Yea…everything is coming then. I'm about to be glued to these forums the next few weeks

Kellemann75

Chicken Chaser
Nov 19, 2019
Buy xbox if you want gamepass, buy ps5 if you want €80 games. I really dont see the problem here. Smart move by xbox.

Jan 9, 2018
Would hope they might eventually break the exclusive wall across all platforms but I doubt Nintendo would ever budge

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If all of this is true and even games like Starfield aren't off-limits anymore, then I'm really wondering if Microsoft and Sony have also cut some sort of deal to bring Game Pass to PlayStation, even if it only offers Microsoft-published games,

Ulcus

Nov 3, 2017
I'm sure they have data telling them how much more money they would make going multiplatforms vs hoping people by an Xbox for exclusive games. Also possible they see Gamepass as the milk cow vs console on the future, so they could be happy having it on the Switch or PS5 with cloud gaming.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Surely there's no way they just let all these rumors spread like this? This all ballooning like crazy..

Status
Not open for further replies.