• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much stopped fishing for rare blades after getting Zenobia (best blade too; doesn't have a shit design, is good in combat, and leveling her up actually involves exploring and playing the game rather than "grind affinity points" or "shove in merc missions and fuck off for 20 minutes").

The system was just all kinds of dumb. If you're going to lock KOS-MOS behind some sub-1% roulette, also gate her behind some late game boss as an alternate.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, those KOS-MOS rates make me feel really lucky about her being my second ever rareblade then.

I got her not long after getting to Uraya.

eutcfm.jpg

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Just beat the game this week and the gacha element was a hard turn off for pulling blades after awhile. It was really disappointing using a bunch of legendary cores (or even rare) and getting no rares blades. It was also a pain having to manage your army of blades, deciding which to release just so you can summon more commons, etc. Managing all that got old. Ended up with a decent number of rare blades but yea. I also thought it was dumb you can't use any blade on anyone since you have no control over what types of blades you pull on specific characters.

That being said I enjoyed the game a lot.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Got all my rare blades the other day, and of course KOS MOS was the last one I got. Using the legendary core farming method I got pretty lucky and obtained my last five or so blades rather quickly. Luckily I still have like 50 legendary cores for the new blades.

Got all my rare blades the other day, and of course KOS MOS was the last one I got. Using the legendary core farming method I got pretty lucky and obtained my last five or so blades rather quickly. Luckily I still have like 50 legendary cores for the new blades.
From what they said, they can be obtained through quests as well, though they're keeping mum on further details.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
And neither will the progress on any of the affinity charts for the Blades, which must come as a massive sigh of relief for Ursula and Roc fans alike.
That's great news, then. I was thinking I'd have to go through blades' side missions again and I'm just not up to doing that. I'd read that the regular side quests in the game all reset, so I thought the other side quests would as well. I wonder if accessories, cores, business ownership, cash and other items will carry over as well?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's great news, then. I was thinking I'd have to go through blades' side missions again and I'm just not up to doing that. I'd read that the regular side quests in the game all reset, so I thought the other side quests would as well. I wonder if accessories, cores, business ownership, cash and other items will carry over as well?

Here's all the elements that you will be able to carry over in New Game+:

• Drivers levels
  • Equipment and Affinity Charts of Drivers and Blades
  • Blades you've resonated with
  • Items and Gold
  • Develoment level of towns, as well as the Merc Group level
  • Cutscenes in the Event Theater, as well as your Unique Monsters kills (their "tombstone" will still appear in the world, allowing you to battle them again at any time)

javac

Oct 28, 2017
KOS-MOS being that rare would be sick if we didn't know about her and she showed up out of nowhere, like in the old days when people would swear that they saw something in a game and nobody believed them.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and made a tool which calculates your odds of pulling a Rare Blade. Unzip to somewhere on your computer and open the HTML file in a web browser. I tested it and confirmed it is working in Firefox, should work on anything that supports HTML5.

Download here.

Yes it's ugly, I didn't see the need to go and pretty it up at all. Hopefully it helps out.

If it seems "stiff" - that is, changing values doesn't seem to change probabilities, that's because the game rolls a 101 sided dice to do RNG, so probabilities come in base multiples of 1/101 for a single core crystal.

Last edited:

Alex

Oct 27, 2017
I really like rare drops in games, even single player ones. If I enjoy playing something I just like any incentive a game can give me to grind. Really don't think it harms the game, personally.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
The RNG blade system is nice for the "leveling" part of the game. It means you'll have to deal with whatever hand you were given by the draws and adapt to it. As the game is relatively easy this actually makes for an interesting design decision.

The problem is that they should have implemented a secondary system once you've beaten the game to allow completionists to get all Blades in a reasonable manner. Because, no, opening hundreds of cores is not reasonable at all, skippable animation or not.

Edit: Actually, to get all the blades the number of cores opened is past the thousand mark. One thousand times seeing that 10 seconds animation. That's like 3 hours of nothingness man.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Well, I still haven't finished, but I'm looking forward to the patch for skipping the animation when opening cores. Now that I have truly mastered driver combos, I literally went from 15 or so rare cores to almost ninety in just a couple of hours getting Zenobia's affinity chart filled mostly out. Seriously, I only have three left to obtain including KOSMOS, but I'm not looking forward to opening all the cores. May wait for the patch this week, first

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to roll for rare blades with the 39 common core crystals in my inventory. I ended up with Gorg and Dagas. Since I already had Perun and Godfrey, it makes me think I'm actually in column 3.

Is there a listing anywhere of the best blades?

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to roll for rare blades with the 39 common core crystals in my inventory. I ended up with Gorg and Dagas. Since I already had Perun and Godfrey, it makes me think I'm actually in column 3.

Is there a listing anywhere of the best blades?

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really have anything else I was playing, so I worked on getting my last rare blade the past four or five days (Dahlia). Used 100+ legendary core crystals, and probably 300+ rare ones before I got her (with a rare). Fun times.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Just so you guys know (in case this isn't common knowledge already), but there's a salvage spot in *Ch4 Spoilers*
Mor Ardain, right next to where you're dumped when you first get there
that is weirdly lucrative in terms of both gold and enemies that drop core crystals. You can stock up on gold cylinders in the nearest town and make an absolute killing - I'm up on like 1.5 million gold, so I bought the 500,000 gold core crystal in Gormott and maxed out the money I could send home, simply because I could.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Just so you guys know (in case this isn't common knowledge already), but there's a salvage spot in *Ch4 Spoilers*
that is weirdly lucrative in terms of both gold and enemies that drop core crystals. You can stock up on gold cylinders in the nearest town and make an absolute killing - I'm up on like 1.5 million gold, so I bought the 500,000 gold core crystal in Gormott and maxed out the money I could send home, simply because I could.
even a little better is the one on the other side of that closed gate. I made a killing. It also helps if you have a level 3 salvage mastery blade. I just need some higher level cylinders. I am rank A or B or whatever on the salvage ranking now

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For real? I just got to chapter 4 so i guess i'll mine stuff there. Thanks.

You mean around Anangham #2 dock?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Didn't know KOS-MOS was that rare since I got her from a Common Crystal in Chapter 5. I didn't opened too many crystals at the time since I didn't want Rex and Nia to have a bunch of blades, but I decided to have an opening section once I got Mòrag. She was like the third crystal I opened. I was at first upset that a DPS blade went to my tank, but Mòrag and KOS-MOS made a great team since she could switch between two tank Blades and a powerful DPS that could heal during one of her specials.

Then again, I got many of the 'best Blades' in the game in that one section outside of like four. Like, Nia by some divine luck got Boreas in that same session. As for Zenobia, I got her so late in the game that leveling her required me beating bosses that I've already killed and it would just be tiring to do it again.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
even a little better is the one on the other side of that closed gate. I made a killing. It also helps if you have a level 3 salvage mastery blade. I just need some higher level cylinders. I am rank A or B or whatever on the salvage ranking now
I maxed out my salvager rank a while back. I think it's based on the highest level of chest you get from any single salvage (the image that comes up just before it lets you open your chest). The very best is a white chest with gold trimming that's overflowing with coins.

Does your luck stat affect salvage like it affects core crystal pulls?
For real? I just got to chapter 4 so i guess i'll mine stuff there. Thanks.

You mean around Anangham #2 dock?
That's the one.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I maxed out my salvager rank a while back. I think it's based on the highest level of chest you get from any single salvage (the image that comes up just before it lets you open your chest). The very best is a white chest with gold trimming that's overflowing with coins.

Does your luck stat affect salvage like it affects core crystal pulls?

That's the one.
I believe it is the # of those higher quality chests. So in the other salvage spot in Mor Ardain, I was constantly pulling 3 red chest with gold trim over and over, and only got like 3 total white chests. The nopon says you need to get more of those to get the highest rank. I haven't found a shop outside of one place that it makes a difference.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it is the # of those higher quality chests. So in the other salvage spot in Mor Ardain, I was constantly pulling 3 red chest with gold trim over and over, and only got like 3 total white chests. The nopon says you need to get more of those to get the highest rank. I haven't found a shop outside of one place that it makes a difference.
Ah fair enough. I spent a few hours salvaging when I first got free reign of Torigoth, so I had a few white chests in my count already.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay money to get KOS MOS. Just let me get that fucking blade MS. Dont make me grind for hours going through all this bullshit.