• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
Q0RXzP0.jpg

A development version of Yuzu is already capable of running Pokémon: Let's Go.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/9xblg0/yuzu_runs_pokémon_lets_go_day_1/

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
To add to jediyoshi's video

This is really impressive not going to lie. It'd be crazy if we get another Skyward Sword + Dolphin situation by the time Metroid Prime 4 is out. I kind of feel like the devs are focusing way too much time on Yuzu instead of Citra, would rather we have proper 3DS emulation before the Switch tbh.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
This is really impressive not going to lie. It'd be crazy if we get another Skyward Sword + Dolphin situation by the time Metroid Prime 4 is out. I kind of feel like the devs are focusing way too much time on Yuzu instead of Citra, would rather we have proper 3DS emulation before the Switch tbh.
What else do they have to do for citra? it's already practically perfect

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
depends on the game. some have a myriad of bugs, or take for example phoenix wright, were the last one performs well, but Dual Destinies has some performance issues.

Yeah. There's quite a few games that have some real performance issues. And a not insignificant amount that don't even boot yet. I see that Pilotwings has been upgraded to "Great" of late, but in my experience, performance degrades rapidly for some reason. I can hold close to 60fps at 1200p and SBS 3D the first time I boot up, but it quickly deteriorates. The same exact mission that runs great on boot will be unplayable fairly quickly for me. I could make a long list of little things that aren't so little and would be awesome to have fixed.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

They are going where the money is, making Citra perfect wouldn't get them the donations that I'm sure they are getting from making a Switch emulator.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Any update on if Yuzu will support higher resolutions? 4K Smash and Oddysey sound so good.

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe this is being emulated so quick, is the Nvidia Shield just that well documented?

Nvidia Tegra is a basic quad core arm a57 with a custom gpu.
Arm cpu are well documented and supported, i read somewhere part of the code is from the android emulator and arm emulator, so basically they had almost the full access of this chip from the start.
From the GPU side they used already existing reverse enginered open source drivers for the Tegra GPU's.

That's why the development of this emulator is faster than the CEMU.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly ARMS looks like it's one of the biggest games closest to reaching console experience. Guess the Nintendo tech + small environments helped out.

That's why the development of this emulator is faster than the CEMU.

Not in terms of compatibility and performance. There's a huge gap between the games available on both systems like Bayonetta 2 and BOTW. Peripheral support as far as emulated controllers and configurations and supported controllers like Wii remote support on Cemu. It's hit system title compats faster, introduced things that almost never popped up on other emus like rendering pipeline mods (graphic packs). I'd be surprised if Yuzu had any sort of online functionality any time soon.

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Sword and Shield will probably be playable from the get-go on Yuzu. Wonder if we will get 4K, 60fps until then

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
BoxCat seems like such an incredibly cool idea. It would be awesome if the linkle mod were introduced as a BoxCat feature if that were possible. Gender select at the start.