• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Getter Robo Arc 12
Well all caught up for the finale tomorrow! The intro and |Dino empire takeover were the saga release epilogue so we're all original from there forward. Such a great adaptation, sad there's only one episode left. It's totally ending on the original theme tho

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Tropical-Rouge Pretty Cure 30

Back to the regularly scheduled Laura show. Updated OP is never happening. There's two types of running for student council president episodes. Ones where the Cure will obviously win, and ones where she'll lose. Laura is obviously a loser, but unlike her former losers she wasn't competitive at all. Riko and Hikaru stood an actual chance before throwing it. Laura had no idea what she was doing, people liked the running VP, and there's no way her speech would've done anything. Kind of wish she had given her speech before losing resoundly, because as is she didn't learn anything about what she was doing wrong. The Tropical Club needs to stop enabling her, though Asuka clearly backed Laura purely to spite Yuriko and the candidate she was backing. Nice setup for her next episode.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
this season is finally coming to an end, i can hardly make a top 5 outside of
love live aquatrope sonny boy kagkei shoujo and i guess magica record or oujo that are still airing

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My friend recommended me Tokyo Revengers because I'm a big fan of time-travel but I'm up to ep3 and... this show is really bad. I don't understand how the MC goes back in time to stop two people from meeting and he doesn't even bother to learn how they look like beforehand. He just casually passes by the person he's supposed to stop and goes 'huh, I think I've seen that guy before 🤔'

I don't usually drop things, but this doesn't seem to be worth my time, at all. If I want to watch "gotta save the girl" story, I'll just watch Erased again.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
My friend recommended me Tokyo Revengers because I'm a big fan of time-travel but I'm up to ep3 and... this show is really bad. I don't understand how the MC goes back in time to stop two people from meeting and he doesn't even bother to learn how they look like beforehand. He just casually passes by the person he's supposed to stop and goes 'huh, I think I've seen that guy before 🤔'

I don't usually drop things, but this doesn't seem to be worth my time, at all. If I want to watch "gotta save the girl" story, I'll just watch Erased again.

If you want some time travel with an emotional slant, give Link Click a look, one of the best shows this year. I dropped out of T.Revengers early for similar reasons.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The translation is already complete in bilibili, i mean they DID send the fixed version later, only it was too late they didn't have time to sub it apparently and they used the old video they had.
it's strange since Funi usually would just delay till the subs are complete.

It kinda make sense, since the sound mixing is different for the untranslated lines, but they also fit the scene and tone so well so it's not like they are not proper for the scene.

It's an interesting case.

edit:

Now....that's even more interesting
so there IS an artistic move they used, that somehow resulted in weird subs , you can't make this up, good job shaft
Well, from what I saw the subs were complete on the other language options on Funi. It seemed to only affect the English subs of the episode, which makes me wonder if this was an actual issue, why the English subs were impacted. That said, the episode is still fucked on Funi's player this morning, at least for English subs on the PS4.

Like I get potential issues around sound mixing that could have an impact on subs and how subs are timed, but it's still wild to me that it's still not fixed. I mean, it's not like I pay for their service or anything...oh wait I do...

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is the manga for this good? Love everything about that OP

i'd say i really enjoy it, but manga readers were complaining about some stuff since I last caught up, so I dont know how it ends up (still ongoing). It's also really really non-progress in many ways for a romcom (or even not as a romcom).

I also think it's just fine for the first like 100 chapters and then becomes good when they become second-year high schoolers.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
The early stuff is decent enough but after a while, the premise and comedic material runs thin while series desperately tries to stave off any real story progression.

-----

Someone pls confirm Boruto got the yearly animation bonanza ep.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Jahy 8
I really missed having a short at the end of the episode. As for the episode itself, it was just okay this week. Druj certainly has her fetish.

Fena 8
Good transitional episode and hopefully Shitan has come around for now on not murdering Fena for being a witch. While it's not her fault bad stuff does happen around her, I wonder if there is some truth to the witch myth due to her family line. That bit in the cave a few episode ago definitely hinted at something far more than just her memories coming back.

I'm also glad this episode was focused for both Shitan and Yukimaru instead of letting things play out for longer just for the sake of tension. Fena's reaction too was also good considering all the places it could have easily gone.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wont say jahy is a disappointment cos i wasn't really expecting much, but its pretty dull huh

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
i wont say jahy is a disappointment cos i wasn't really expecting much, but its pretty dull huh
It has it's moments, but I'd agree with this. The end of episode shorts have been far superior to the main show when it focuses on the gag, not the story and failures of Jahy. You could probably make a great slapstick gag manga about the magical girl.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Sonny Boy #1

I was expecting this to be very polished and special, and I'm glad this met my expectations. Really cool vibe that reminds me of 90s Japanese arthouse films, very slick flow of events, and just extremely intriguing. Easily slides into AOTY consideration.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018

Like Jintor, i really really enjoy it. Manga readers do complain about the non-progress but i don't know, i love seeing the students just chill together doing absolutely nothing. That's why i don't really mind the complaints. Because it's fun!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Magica Record S2 8 END
Well that was depressing, then joyful, then distressing, then dark. I'm guessing what was hinted back at the beginning might actually be true and Ui doesn't exist anymore or maybe never did...and the reason for that was because of Iroha's wish.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
So, Getter Robo Arc is done...

Hayato taking down the Gettersaurus team in a knife fight was something. Hayato really tried to push Kamui to change his fate, but he was stubborn. A lot of build up to the reveal of Getter Dragon, which looked rather different from its manga depiction.

And then...we go Armageddon and bust Kamui out of jail? Baku's back? And that weird looking Getter from the mandala appears with Ryoma's voice, so Arc goes to fight it?

I have many questions...but it was entertaining, and they do seem to be fighting that fate together now. Guessing it's some sort of proto-Emperor?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this season of My Hero. Not great! Bones needs to not fuck up the source material for a damn movie and not cut portions and then add filler. Also jeez they couldn't even make what should have been stellar animation into something worth watching. Before I would reccommend both watching and reading the anime and manga cause they had different strenghts and both were worth experiencing but now I can say just skip the anime and read it only. Hori is far above what Bones is currently doing and that's a huge shame.

Maybe next season...

Also as far as fall anime, I think the only thing I'm even slightly interested in is Komi. Kinda disappointing tbh

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad Studio OLM started spreading its wings beyond pokemon or other kid friendly IPs

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon (2020) 67 END

So yeah, that ended :/ I posted my thought, rants, rambles on the OT of the show every week. What originally was in my top 10 for AotY last year, quickly dropped off as the show went on to a disappointing dumpster. Milenniumon should've been the final boss, but they just kept going with soooo much filler :/ A handful of good eps but omg, the character development sucked and the kids were like, the same character - nothing really defined them :/ I csn't use the "kids show" excuse here, because most shows do it WAY better :/

Ready for Ghost Game, gimme.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Digimon (2020) 67 END

So yeah, that ended :/ I posted my thought, rants, rambles on the OT of the show every week. What originally was in my top 10 for AotY last year, quickly dropped off as the show went on to a disappointing dumpster. Milenniumon should've been the final boss, but they just kept going with soooo much filler :/ A handful of good eps but omg, the character development sucked and the kids were like, the same character - nothing really defined them :/ I csn't use the "kids show" excuse here, because most shows do it WAY better :/

Glad your suffering is over. We will always have this masterpiece:

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Getter Robo Arc 13

I have many mixed feelings on this ending. But I'm still glad this show happened.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Getter Robo Arc 13

I have many mixed feelings on this ending. But I'm still glad this show happened.
I mean nothing would be able to match what Ishikawa had planned better to leave things open for the future than do a disappointing lock-in. The other problem is Arc had that feel of ending the first half like how Go was setup and had a lot more to tell, 13 episodes wasn't going to be enough

On the plus side it's such bait I expect to see it used and played with in super robot wars for years which is a good thing. Between using it to bring in manga content or crossing it over with other getters it's gonna be awesome

Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointed I couldn't binge the rest of Arc today. Got a bit busy and couldn't squeeze the rest.

Did end up reading Shin though. All I can say is holy shit. Imagine growing up with the first manga only to then see what the Getter actually is.

The transformation from a kinda kid friendly mecha into whatever horror the series becomes is insane to say the least. It is like watching the Toei Devilman series and then reading the manga, except stretched over years.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Really disappointed I couldn't binge the rest of Arc today. Got a bit busy and couldn't squeeze the rest.

Did end up reading Shin though. All I can say is holy shit. Imagine growing up with the first manga only to then see what the Getter actually is.

The transformation from a kinda kid friendly mecha into whatever horror the series becomes is insane to say the least. It is like watching the Toei Devilman series and then reading the manga, except stretched over years.
Yup 15 years between G and Go, 9 between Shin and Arc

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Digimon (2020) 67 END

Sucks to hear. I dropped off once they gave Agumon another mega form before anyone else got theirs

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks to hear. I dropped off once they gave Agumon another mega form before anyone else got theirs

What's funny is that Garurumon got one too later on, but neither were seen ever again... until the end. There was a new Omegamon form (Omegamon Alter-S) which featured the heads of those 2 extra forms, on its arms. I didn't mind that, at least the 3rd Omegamon appearance got a new form, and those 2 additional evos were alluded to once again. But yeah...

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Idolish7 Third Beat! - 13 (END)

This season... holy shit. i7 was already one of the best idol shows out there but season 3 just constantly outdid everything they'd done before. It's perfect, I wouldn't change a thing.

10/10

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Digimon (2020) 67 END

Glad I dropped this around the "filler" section around episode 40. I think the last episode I watched was the hamburger and fries village and that killed all my interest in the show. Didn't help that most of it was the Tai/Agumon show up to that point.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well this is a curious tease that the director of Getter Robo arc drew and posted

Might be nothing tho going off Gt
Getter Robo Ark"
Thank you for watching the fastest on AT-X.

1 ⃣ time to broadcast TOKYO MX‼ ️
#Rough illustrations from the director Jun Kawagoe's collection will be released!

#Getter line
#getter_a
Getter Dragon vs Mazinkaizer SKL would be a pretty epic OVA/Movie tho and Mazinger's 50th anniversary is next year so I'm sure we'll get a couple projects out of it. Might just be a failed pitch tho. Plus he was the director on SKL too

Also a certain spoiler has an official name now Keeping in the Indian naming scheme of arc getters, Shin Black is officiall Getter Tarak(which means protector)
official robot gallery for getter Robo arc full of spoilers! https://getterrobot-arc.com/#mecha

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Heike 02

This is looking really good. The names and political intrigue are already getting a bit hard to follow though. Maybe it isn't for Japanese people familiar with the source material. I ran into a French flowchart on Twitter.

So if I'm not mistaken the other bald guy is the former emperor? I don't even think they named him in this episode.

Edit: Thinking about this more, it's almost like there's some Atreides/Harkonnen shit going on with the two clans and the emperor. Looking at it like that, Taira no Kiyomori kinda fits as the Harkonnen in this story.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Getter Robo Arc
Oh man that ending, Just finished arc! Honestly I was cool with that, Because the fact is they were adapting arc, they fleshed it out a ton but it was Arc. Also those
Hayato credits 😦 also it did end on the first Armageddon theme. Oh man that cliff hanger and now not just proto emperor but a Shin emperor too!

I get why things are conflicted and yet… with the season length that was probably the smart move. This was a passion project of adapting Ken's final work so ending Arc within his narrative makes sense. But obviously these guys don't want to put getter to bed, they want to leave it open for another story, and I'm sure there's a good chance we get one if this did well
So much SRW bait in the new content tho XD
Also I'm happy, that was such a trip, a passion project and one hell of a ride

Yes, Realist Hero is getting an S2!!!!! Def one my fav shows of the season..
Oh thank goodness, it was really getting interesting when it ended

Status
Not open for further replies.