Status
Not open for further replies.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
It's intersting to see that these are two characters never part of any leak. They also look linda different and newer compared to other Genshin character designs. I could imagine them being more recently created designs.
They really do seem like they were created recently and definitely didn't have any time in the oven before they were just put into the game. Ugh. -_-
That was Jean. She prefers tights to pants and some air around her cleavage though, lol.
lol, yeah

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Eula has a pretty sweet cape though. Might be some cool physics on that.

Also I think I am going to break my resolve on Ayaka. Especially now that 1.5 is seemingly going to be focused on housing and not a new area.

Please forgive me, queen.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
All new characters should appeal to me and me alone

Nope

npdjWDz.png

This is a pretty awesome design.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1615922830758.png

I'm conflicted on Yanfei... Her portrait, that is hair, expression, hat and that thing she has around her neck are all really cute to me. But her 3d model and rest of her design do absolutely nothing for me.

Are those her ears? o__O The long flesh-colored things sticking out of her hair.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah they really do seem like they were created recently and definitely didn't have any time in the oven before they were just put into the game. Ugh. -_-

Yeah I don't get it at all
I like characters who have already appeared in the game so we have a reason to give a crap
I was looking forward to Shenhe because I really like the Cloud Retainer
I want Baizhu because come on he's the only dendro character we've seen
Eula and Yanfei are nobodies to me

Are those her ears? o__O The long flesh-colored things sticking out of her hair.
Antlers

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't get it at all
I like characters who have already appeared in the game so we have a reason to give a crap
I was looking forward to Shenhe because I really like the Cloud Retainer
I want Baizhu because come on he's the only dendro character we've seen
Eula and Yanfei are nobodies to me
Yeah that's the other thing that's baffling. We have a ton of characters that are clearly known and a lot of those designs are well-liked. Why these horrific creations?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah that's the other thing that's baffling. We have a ton of characters that are clearly known and a lot of those designs are well-liked. Why these horrific creations?

Filler? idk
Maybe dendro isn't ready. Also I feel like seeing as they took Shenhe's claymore and gave it to Eula, Ayaka is a swordie along with Qiqi, and Ganyu is a bow...
she only really has the choice of catalyst or spear. I feel like they'll make her yet another spear and don't want her to close to the 1.3 spear 5 stars or Rosaria
That Eula art really doesn't look like it was intended to hold a claymore, it's just floating there

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I love both of the new characters. The others that were a part of that big pack were super boring. Gimme gimme these new ones.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really love Yanfei from the neck up -- her expression, her hair, the hat. It's a shame the rest of her design isn't that good. Eula I'm not sure how I feel about. I like aspects of her design, but there are also some aspects I'm not into.
I would say 1.5 easy skip, but a text leak I saw earlier today that had everything else correct mentioned there would be a Zhongli rerun so MHY still not giving my wallet a break if that turns out true. >__<

It's kinda cool getting completely new character surprises, though. I hope we get some new, never before seen dudes coming out sometime, too. 👀

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Out of 9 banners we had so far, 5 have been husbandos.
other 4 were waifus and one of em was bait copy pasted from standard banner.

Stop pretending we are hurting for husbandos, they are dominating the gacha right now.

Your numbers are weird... Are you suggesting the likes of little boy bard Venti is the male equivalent to Eula, Rosaria, Lisa, Ganyu, Keqing, Mona, Beidou, Ninggaung and other upcoming female characters designed with sex appeal at the fore?

Only the 4 of boyband fame are honest to god 'husbando' status.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
Still no 5* cryo husbando in sight, hmm. Well I just got Kaeya to 80/90 anyway. I don't mind Eula but I'll probably go for Childe C1.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
People complaining about the lack of "husbandos" in this game don't know how good Genshin has it. You'd be lucky to get one husbando a decade in other gacha games, if any at all.

I think Genshin has had a nice balance of males and females so far.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
People complaining about the lack of "husbandos" in this game don't know how good Genshin has it. You'd be lucky to get one husbando a decade in other gacha games, if any at all.

As someone who has to suffer through FGO and their swimsuits for males being ties and suits, I do agree that Genshin has been surprisingly nice.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Wait a sec. Captain of the knights' reconnaissance team? OMG, they really just transformed Varka into her?! O:
Unless i'm mistaken Varka is the Grand master and Knight of Boreas, and is off on an expedition somewhere, he never was the Captain of the reconnaissance team (afaik this is the first we are hearing of this team). We know that the Wolf's Gravestone belongs to Varka and Eula's aesthetic doesn't match it at all.

Varka will probably show up when we get to the region he went on an expedition to.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Okay i'm going to be playing Ganyu / Eula / Sucrose (because i'm skipping Venti for Eula) / Bennett.

I have C2 Ganyu, so we get:
-15% cryo res after a charged shot with Ganyu's C1
-20% Physical res + Cryo res down with Eula's E
-40% Cryo res with Sucrose + Viridescent set
+20% cryo damage bonus to the party when Ganyu's ult is up
Bennett

Shit's going to be broken.

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Eula looks pretty good. Might just skip 1.4 banners even though I don't have venti

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Can we just skip 1.4 and get straight to the good stuff?
No, I need the next 7 weeks to save up gems and resources after spending a little of the former and a lot of the latter on Hu Tao

Eula looks pretty good. Might just skip 1.4 banners even though I don't have venti
If you care at all about the power level of your teams then do not skip Venti

Legitimately the best character in the game

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I'm guessing the house will be like Madame Ping's where you carry it around and it's bigger on the inside.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow the leak season has started.

Eula looks cool but why Cryo? Does that mean Ayaka is soon or not. What will I doooooo

I'm guessing the house will be like Madame Ping's where you carry it around and it's bigger on the inside.

So 1.5 is not Chasm but rather Chasm pre-patch with housing?

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018

Yeah the balance is good for now but considering that most leaked characters (from the spreadsheet posted recently + those two + Ayaka + Raiden) are girls, I can see it shatter quickly. Although as a husbando collector, I'm not really bothered because I'm satisfied with who I have and what the game really needs now is not more characters but more engaging locations/quests that will involve the existing roster.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the Discord, but it's insane to me that Mihoyo doesn't have an internal testing community.

It would cost peanuts and prevent all leaks.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo are a small indie company, can't stretch to expanding their internal testing.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Player housing has never been something that interests me. Not big on decorating and they always end up feeling useless. The teapot creature is super cute tho. Hoping there's more to the patch :\

Status
Not open for further replies.