Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the balance is good for now but considering that most leaked characters (from the spreadsheet posted recently + those two + Ayaka + Raiden) are girls, I can see it shatter quickly. Although as a husbando collector, I'm not really bothered because I'm satisfied with who I have and what the game really needs now is not more characters but more engaging locations/quests that will involve the existing roster.
There are still plenty of male characters out there though - Varka, Dainsleif, etc.

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
No, I need the next 7 weeks to save up gems and resources after spending a little of the former and a lot of the latter on Hu Tao

If you care at all about the power level of your teams then do not skip Venti

Legitimately the best character in the game

Yeah i don't doubt it but will i have fun playing with him. I'm sure he'd finally let me 3* 11-2 but i've made it this far without him.

really i say all this now but once the banner drops i'll inevitably be tempted anyway.

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing for like a month and really have no clue what I'm doing. I've been using keqing, diluc, xingqiu and bennet. Is this a decent group? I don't even understand the wish thing but seems like I got lucky getting keqing.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing for like a month and really have no clue what I'm doing. I've been using keqing, diluc, xingqiu and bennet. Is this a decent group? I don't even understand the wish thing but seems like I got lucky getting keqing.
Keqing and Diluc lol. But yes, that's generally a really great group, especially for anything earlier on.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They'll be able to do so much with magic teapot housing. They basically work like domains, so you could create your own little worlds in there. Could potentially be amazing if they do this right. Please do this right. :(

but seems like I got lucky getting keqing.

And Diluc and Xingqiu and Bennett. They are among the best for their respective roles.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
There are still plenty of male characters out there though - Varka, Dainsleif, etc.

I'm not expecting Dainsleif until we enter the final arc and Varka could be anytime anywhere, I know we have Kazuha and Tohma for Inazuma, I just expect female character oversaturation at some point but hopefully the ratio will be maintained.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It always surprises me to see people asking about Varka, when I've always been under the impression that we weren't going to be seeing him any time remotely soon. They talk about him as though the mission he's on is a distant one and meant to set up for much larger story reveals later on, so man it would feel weird to me if he showed up before we've even left the game's launching regions. Not exactly much of an away mission in that case!

Maybe by then they'll have invented an older man skeleton, but given the way Genshin already seems to handle "old" characters, you'll just wind up with someone with Diluc's face but with a moustache taped on.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Just saying, Varka could just be a Wagner (the blacksmith) with blue or green hair and that would be enough for me

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It always surprises me to see people asking about Varka, when I've always been under the impression that we weren't going to be seeing him any time remotely soon. They talk about him as though the mission he's on is a distant one and meant to set up for much larger story reveals later on, so man it would feel weird to me if he showed up before we've even left the game's launching regions. Not exactly much of an away mission in that case!

Maybe by then they'll have invented an older man skeleton, but given the way Genshin already seems to handle "old" characters, you'll just wind up with someone with Diluc's face but with a moustache taped on.

I think everybody is hoping for a beefy grizzly guy but yeah probably going to just throw some facial hair on diluc and call it a day.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
They'll be able to do so much with magic teapot housing. They basically work like domains, so you could create your own little worlds in there. Could potentially be amazing if they do this right. Please do this right. :(
Unless I get rewards for visiting a friend's place or building my own place I can't see me ever using the housing lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Eula leak

Source: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hV411Y7Zq

Blue hair (actually white), knight, mature woman As you would expect of the first new character after 1.4 drought, she is a good character power-wise.

Ascension stat: Crit damage Skills: Tap E: Cryo damage, adds a stack of "broken heart" which stacks up to 2 times. Hold E: Consume "broken heart", cause cryo damage, and reduce cryo/phys def by 20% at most.

Q: Cause cryo damage in a large AOE, a field that lasts for 7s. Autos and E will charge up a stack. When the field ends, it does a large AOE phys damage, with MV increasing with number of stacks. Can reach up to 5000% MV

Broken? BROKEN.
cyro cyro cyro cyro...

ryh89Vx.gif
meh... the fire girl looks cool though... i do like both character designs though...

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Maintenance time~
... aw man, my transmuter refreshes during the down time. Golly, those 2-3 hours.

Apparently it's a new weekly boss. Eula and Yanfei use new weekly talent mats.

Is it time?! To remove the resin cost for weekly bosses?!

Incidentally, the random gems I get from weekly bosses have been steady enough that I don't need too many extra runs of ascension bosses to match the pillars, hearts, cores so a new weekly boss will accelerate the process most likely. Slow and steady.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If Chasm does get revealed, I would ask that we not spoil it in detail here. Or if you do, tag it and hide it. Dragonspine was magical, I want to experience that again in Chasm. Posting in-depth spoilers about a new region is badciv.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All of these

Leek.gif

I love, love. LOVE her design. Damn.

But cryo? Why is she cryo? Do we not have enough in our future? It makes me wonder if maybe they'll make Ayaka a different element or something...

First Ganyu and now Eula. All these ice queens are making it really hard to stay loyal to Ayaka.
Seriously.

I weakened and pulled for Ganyu (best choice I'm made so far in-game), but Eula is really tempting me. I'd love to make a team with both her and Ganyu, but Ayaka is always at the forefront of my mind, alongside Raiden. It's just frustrating how slow they are at releasing Inazuma, and I kind of feel like Eula might be their attempt of draining people of their resources before they release Ayaka in 1.6 and then Raiden in 1.7/2.0.

Damn though, I REALLY like the way Eula looks, and the only claymore user I have are Noelle and Baidou...

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
update is going live tonight right? im in EST. just asking so i know to hold off on using resin.

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
I did the bosses since we can replay the domain. Any other reason to not spend the resin before the update?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
awesome! tyvm. extra hype!!! since the beginning its been a friend and i and somehow we got 2 more in our crew to start playing after what feels like half a year of begging and showing them how awesome the game is. im ready to enjoy 1.4 with them.
You're very welcome. Enjoy yourselves!

I don't believe the actual Windblume event starts until the 19th (UTC) time, so you'll have a day or so to kill before then.

I'm going to make 4 condensed resin tonight and call it good. and it will be glorious :P
It'll be so nice being able to log in and burn all of my resin in a matter of a few seconds (for when I don't have the time or energy to play). Love it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
New weekly boss and talent materials is just straight up awful because of the resin cap. Mihoyo needs to raise the cap or give us more fragile as rewards.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Winner announcement of esserius' Battle Pass raffle: Everyone who participated!

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like we had a total of 42 entrants for the BP giveaway.

Carry the two... divide by 4...

Everyone gets a BP.

If you DMed me about the 1.4 BP Giveaway, please send me an email address and I'll send you BP monies.

Thanks everyone for participating!

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Wow pretty surprised that we aren't getting
Baizhu or Yaoyao like the leaks were suggesting.
Thats a disappointment tbh. New characters look pretty great, I do not care for the little girl characters so Yanfei as pyro catalyst is cool. Eula looks great too, theres just been so many cryo characters lately with Ayaka still on the way too.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

Everyone gets a BP.

If you DMed me about the 1.4 BP Giveaway, please send me an email address and I'll send you BP monies.

Yo WHAT?!

You sure you're feeling alright? Totally sober? That's insane(ly kind)!

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Everyone gets a BP.

That is absurdly generous and kind of you.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Everyone gets a BP.

I never entered, but I just wanted to say again how generous this is of you. Much respect.

Bengraven