Status
Not open for further replies.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Could see cryo 5 star on one banner and Zhongli rerun with the pyro 4 star
Yeah, if that's the case I'll probably skip her. Guess it depends on her strength and attack animations. Everyone seems to agree that Zhongli makes every team better though plus I loved his attack animations when I got to try him out during his story quest.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
glad I'm not pulling C1 Hu Tao
1.4 will also be saving period for me then

Eula and Ayaka, I'll get them both!

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
With Ganyu and now Eula existing, I wonder what Mihoyo can do to make sure the Cryo Archon stands out as busted/OP whenever she comes out hmm.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Yanfei seems like budget Ningguang, which is pretty nice to be honest. Good thing she's 4*.

Overall both of them seem pretty good additions.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
When does the game go live again? Few hours from now?

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna take a pretty busted character to beat Ganyu, for me. Not just the damage she does, but the fact that she can dish it out from far away, with her normal attack (no energy or cool downs to worry about), and it's AOE... plus her ult is good. There's room for improvement - her regular skill, the decoy, could be better, and her talent of crafting bows cheaper is lame, but yeah. Gonna have to be pretty busted.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, people are just waiting for Ayaka out to sheer principle.

Watch she end up being garbage.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
That BP giveaway is super generous esserius.

I didn't enter because I don't post enough, only to whine about wishes XD and didn't think I'd win anyway. Grats to the winners.

New leaked stuff looks ok. Still not sure about player housing. I mean, I love that stuff (on a hunt in FFXIV to get a medium house as an upgrade to my small) but that sort of stuff feels good when you can show it off to others in game, or people will come across it and think it's cool. I'll probably sink way too much time into it anyway >.<

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks to me like 1.5 is also not any major content drops at the moment, aside from the player housing element. It looks like we get another story segment around ZhongLi and more minigames.

Chasm missing, unless its really well hidden. So this is probably Chasm preview patch.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I have everything ready for a venti lvl80 + talents lvl 8... but I might forget about it so I know I can pull Eula now...

If only Venti wasn't so broken the choice would be so easy to make.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
With Ganyu and now Eula existing, I wonder what Mihoyo can do to make sure the Cryo Archon stands out as busted/OP whenever she comes out hmm.
Make her a claymore for the fun of it and make her charge a spin like some of the characters have and with each spin basically unleash Ganyu's charge shot.

Make her smaller skill effectively Hu Tao's big skill

and then make her big skill effectively an ice version of Venti that includes the pull in :P

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't care about those 2, just waiting for a Zhongli rerun to become the Pillar Queen.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Looks to me like 1.5 is also not any major content drops at the moment, aside from the player housing element. It looks like we get another story segment around ZhongLi and more minigames.

Chasm missing, unless its really well hidden. So this is probably Chasm preview patch.

Looking more and more like Inazuma might actually be around the 1 year anniversary

Late april 1.5
Juli 1.6 chasm
Late August 1.7 road to Inazuma. Ayaka introduction who travels with the mc to Inazuma
End of September 1.8 1 week anniversary celebration or something
October 2.0 Inazuma

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only 21 wishes towards (guaranteed) pity, and have only 10 wishes saved up, but Venti will be mine. FOMO has me in regards to him.

And that'll give me plenty to do for awhile. Still working on leveling up Diluc, who showed up instead of Hu Tao.

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
Keqing and Diluc lol. But yes, that's generally a really great group, especially for anything earlier on.

And Diluc and Xingqiu and Bennett. They are among the best for their respective roles.

Nah best off re-rolling and hoping for better luck.

You got lucky getting Diluc so early also dude ;),good group.

Thanks for the replies, I actually thought Diluc was a free character I got from just playing the story for a while lol.

Ok so sounds like I don't really need to mess with trying to get better characters for awhile. I've only spent 5$ for the daily primogems thing. I guess if I spend any money I should I focus on weapons for these peeps.

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I actually thought Diluc was a free character I got from just playing the story for a while lol.

Ok so sounds like I don't really need to mess with trying to get better characters for awhile. I've only spent 5$ for the daily primogems thing. I guess if I spend any money I should I focus on weapons for these peeps.

In my opinion it's fun getting a lot of different characters. You'll want to switch your teams up eventually, and you'll want 8 strong characters (at least) for abyss eventually too.

BUT, if you'rehappy with what you've got, a 5-star weapon is pretty nice, and can always be given to a different character.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Me: I don't really need the rumored 5* Cyro Claymore user. Rosaria would be my physical DPS anyway, and for pure Cyro no one is gonna beat Ganyu. Easy skip.

*sees Eula

Me: Ok fine, Mihoyo. I'll roll for her.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

Welllllll the weapon banner is more or less a "whales only" sort of focus. The general recommendation is to spend your primogems and intertwined fates on the Character Banner (the one that's about to start for the next three weeks features Venti, the best support character in the game). You'll still get some 4-star weapons from that. Then just throw whatever acquaint fates the game gives you on the standard banner. There's also a chance of a 5-star weapon from that.

I mean, the weapon banner is fine, and you'll still get 4-star characters from that, but when you eventually do hit a 5-star weapon, it could very well be, say, a polearm, and you might not even have any polearm characters yet.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
The one thing electro units were good at was physical damage and mihoyo really went and outclassed them all by releasing the mother of physical units... who is cryo. Another nail in the coffin. RIP
Wait until the anniversary, Baal will save electro. Quote this post and frame it. We'll get the electro buffs, the dendro-electro reaction, a Tier 0 Keqing...

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So it looks like we had a total of 42 entrants for the BP giveaway.

Carry the two... divide by 4...

Everyone gets a BP.

If you DMed me about the 1.4 BP Giveaway, please send me an email address and I'll send you BP monies.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Just beyond kind, wow.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Me: I don't really need the rumored 5* Cyro Claymore user. Rosaria would be my physical DPS anyway, and for pure Cyro no one is gonna beat Ganyu. Easy skip.

*sees Eula

Me: Ok fine, Mihoyo. I'll roll for her.
*before 1.5 news*

Me - "After pulling for Venti, Ayaka and Raiden are the plan. Nothing will tempt me further. I passed on pulling for Hu Tao, surely nothing can come that will cause me to change my mind."

*Eula is shown*

Me - "Yeah, about that...I can pull for Eula and still get Ayaka and Raiden, right? I mean, they must be several months away and won't show up any time soon, so I have time, right?"

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Eula's probably got my favorite new design in the game since Zhongli's banner hit, so I'm definitely going to feel some temptation to pull for her, especially depending on which 4*s come along for the ride on her banner.
But with that said...as a physical DPS with cryo, she'd do best with a good electro support and I don't really have anything that'd work too well for that built right now. My only fully-leveled electro character is Keqing, who doesn't feel ideal for the role. I technically have Fischl but I've never used her and don't particularly want to (I just...really dislike her character, both in design and personality). I have like 30% of a Beidou put together that could maybe work even though she seems more like a DPS than a support herself, or...I guess I could try and work up a Lisa into some sort of burst support? I don't know. On some level it really does just feel like Fischl is the only genuine electro support option huh.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Both new characters are interesting, but shame Yanfei seems like Pyro DPS/SubDPS with her Pyro AoE attacks. A 4 star Pyro Catalyst who could replace Bennett (still dont want to level him, i dont care how great of a support he is), would be awesome. But doesnt look like i could use her at all with Klee, Hu Tao and Diluc.

Going to get Eula, not a big fan of her, but she has enough save time, got rid of my 50% pity after failing to get Hu Tao C1 and there wont be another new 5 star in 1.5. Also this likely destroys every possibility of Ayaka being in 1.6. Way more likely to get Dendro finally then.

Wonder which Claymore would be nice for her... I have only Prototype Archaic for Diluc and Whiteblind for Noelle leveled up. I like Claymores the least.... The BP Claymore is just ugly and i want my Black Sword R4 finally, so thats not going to be choice either e.e
So thats going to be interesting >.>

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Eula's got a lot of illusion netting but she's better than Yanfei, who's wearing a lawyer bikini or something? Eh, whatevs, won't stop me from pulling for Eula. I do not yet have a good cryo *or* a good claymore. And you can never have enough Pyro.

I love player housing but it seems a shame to waste something so potentially cool on an update when the players will be champing at the bit for *playable* content instead of minigames and window dressing.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking, too.

I know there's been a lot of speculation floating around that 1.5 will be Chasm, but I'm just really not getting that vibe. So much info has leaked for 1.5 already yet there's absolutely no mention in any of it for a new region. None of the datamined name cards look to indicate a new area either, whereas several of Dragonspine's did.
And honestly? Given Chasm is between Liyue and Sumeru, it just makes more sense for Chasm to be where and when they finally introduce dendro anyway -- especially considering they'll probably want to implement new puzzles and monsters for it.
I pretty much saw the writing on the wall as soon as leaks came out confirming dendro wasn't gonna be in 1.5. 😔

Of course, I would happily be wrong, though -- lord knows I am way over ready for new stuff to finally explore again. 💦

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Two new bosses and a domain implies new area to me. Are we even sure if the beta for 1.5 has begun? These could just be asset leaks from the files. I'm not giving up hope yet.

The new bosses are nominally known. Its a cryo hypostasis, probably in Dragonspire, and the dragon boss is at the tree in Nantianmen (has been hinted at for a while). Artifacts are believed to come from these two at the moment.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
New weekly boss also means 60 resin each week less for other uses....
While the new characters require gems, geovishap drops and new boss drop....

e.e

Also going to take months to get Eula talents up. So she likely wont be even that good for quite some time.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
They ought to make the weekly bosses free but I'm afraid they won't. Partly because I'm already thinking about whether or not I can drop stormterror from my rotation. I only have one character who uses Stormterror materials (Bennett) and I'm almost finished leveling his talents. How many characters are we leveling at once? How many new characters are we really going to be getting who use old boss materials? The old ones might just fall away.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Two new bosses and a domain implies new area to me. Are we even sure if the beta for 1.5 has begun? These could just be asset leaks from the files. I'm not giving up hope yet.

To my knowledge it didn't begin yet. So leaks of the Chasm as a new area can still come with some delay.This huge geo boss having leaked and the Chasm being a geo themed area that people had to flee, because they dug out something terrible, leads me to think that they are connected and will be both part of 1.5.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is all from the beta client for 1.5.

Where do you guys think it came from...?

Also the world boss is a story boss for ZhongLi (similar to Childe, popping up as a fight at the small addition of The Golden House), it has nothing to do with Chasm based on the current information but is about the Tree and the dragon stirring. This has been a subplot (minor) for a while in Liyue.

------

Also, lol. What is MHY doing with this shit.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bodysuit Impact strikes again.

I will never not find it amusing how all these supposedly medieval fantasy characters strut around in skintights.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Models and things can be pulled from the client without the beta being live. Nobody is under any impression that this is coming from somewhere else.

Oh ya, that's fair but... this has happened with every beta and all info leaked was nominally final right off the bat. It's not like the data is missing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Also, lol. What is MHY doing with this shit.
This makes me so mad. Instead of giving players what they want (2FA), they're like "Oops, if you get hacked despite our account system being less than ideal with its security, that's on you!".

Give. Us. 2FA. So. We. Can. Stop. Worrying.

I swear, if we get that Resin Pass before 2FA...

Status
Not open for further replies.