OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Important stock indicator to monitor this weekend.

FPyUn31aAAEfDD6
Well,

American Scottie Scheffler won.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
well at least in the early bits of the reduced T stock (after paying out the stock) it seems somewhat popular on a slightly down day
QMW9UxL.png

I'm having issues seeing what the new WBD stock is doing in the premarket so I will just have to look at that later :P

Jun 10, 2018
You had to own T by yesterday to get the WBD shares (it was effectively a dividend payment), but the WBD shares won't exist until the merger actually finalizes which will be sometime this month.

I think there is some way to trade your rights to WBD before you get it, but I didn't fully understand what I was reading in regards to what to do with that so I'm just waiting until everything is finalized (but it's a long term holding for me anyway) it was something about there should be a temp symbol for WBD to allow you to sell your rights or something but like I said, I didn't follow it, and I didn't care enough to figure it out because I want to hold WBD long term :P

edit:

investorplace.com

Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) Stock Is Coming. Here's What to Know.

The eligible owners of AT&T's shares will have the right to receive 0.24 shares of WBD stock for each share of T stock that they own.

the info and seems to be the temp stock https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/WBDWV/
I still have T in my portfolio as I like them now without all of the bloat/business they had no expertise in. I now want to add more WBD shares but can't atm since the ticker is a temporary stock lol

Anyone has a good recomendation for a monthly dividend stock?
I'm loving AIO right now

Jun 10, 2018
well at least in the early bits of the reduced T stock (after paying out the stock) it seems somewhat popular on a slightly down day
QMW9UxL.png

I'm having issues seeing what the new WBD stock is doing in the premarket so I will just have to look at that later :P
T and WBD are going to be awarded like CEG and EXC have since they split.

Together EXC barely broke $40 a share consistently, now CEG is quoted above $60 and EXC is at $50. Post 2010s market play has been to reward companies who streamline operations to their strengths, tech companies notwithstanding.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Apple continuing to drop is a bit surprising.
China lockdowns? They really boxed themselves into a corner with their so-called "zero covid" policy. They didn't even use the time they bought to mandatory vaccinate everyone, never mind the fact their vaccine is far less effective than Moderna/Pfizer.

At least oil is dropping, down to $94 now, from a war panic high of $129. That's the level it was pre-invasion, though it had risen pre-war in anticipation.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
China lockdowns? They really boxed themselves into a corner with their so-called "zero covid" policy. They didn't even use the time they bought to mandatory vaccinate everyone, never mind the fact their vaccine is far less effective than Moderna/Pfizer.

At least oil is dropping, down to $94 now, from a war panic high of $129. That's the level it was pre-invasion, though it had risen pre-war in anticipation.
Yeah, could be the new lockdowns. Or maybe the additional EU antitrust charges, not sure. But 12pts down the past week or so now is ugly. And yes, def nice to see oil dropping.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Got a good bit of Apple, MS and Nvidia a few weeks ago. I was pissed that I missed out on AMD, but all of them are getting absolutely bodied right now. If Apple, MS and Nvidia get knocked back down to my previous buy points AMD might wind up below $90 at this rate. I also missed out on Google last time. I'm not about to let that happen again just because I want to buy at $2500 or below. It's almost time to let loose the dogs of buys again. Looks like Intel probably won't drop below $44 at this rate either.

I FUCKING LOVE RED

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hero save time needed for AMD:

AMD_2022-04-11_11-44-42.png

Edit: No chart for Micron but it is ripping decently off the low today. Possible higher low in play, with a super deep retracement. If this rally today off the low can hold that is. Semis seem to be trying to hold here. Now want to see a push higher into close. Or at least in the next day. Don't want to see another gap down bear flag forming.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
T and WBD are going to be awarded like CEG and EXC have since they split.

Together EXC barely broke $40 a share consistently, now CEG is quoted above $60 and EXC is at $50. Post 2010s market play has been to reward companies who streamline operations to their strengths, tech companies notwithstanding.
T at the very least is getting some love today :P
jYFSb0X.png

WBD was up there
fykZAKv.png

despite all the red I'd be having a decent day thanks to T.... but... Microsoft is down well below average today :P

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like we really are headed for a recession... Numbers have been trending downward for months now and there's no relief in sight.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Hero save time needed for AMD:

AMD_2022-04-11_11-44-42.png

Edit: No chart for Micron but it is ripping decently off the low today. Possible higher low in play, with a super deep retracement. If this rally today off the low can hold that is. Semis seem to be trying to hold here. Now want to see a push higher into close. Or at least in the next day. Don't want to see another gap down bear flag forming.

There's no real save right now -- tech and NASDAQ are downward trending until yields improve, so it's either invest in something else or wait for the bottom.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Market priced in many Fed Rate hikes. What it seems like they haven't priced in yet is the speed of quantitative tightening. Into a slowing economy to the point we don't know how much it is slowing down.

Inflation report is coming tomorrow.

There's no real save right now -- tech and NASDAQ are downward trending until yields improve, so it's either invest in something else or wait for the bottom.

Yeah I tend to be on your side here. AMD still has time for recovery, but that break today was not great. I look for quick recoveries or "false breakdowns" when these happen. If it doesn't happen, I'll pass. I'll play the bounces between levels up and down. Nothing normally goes in a straight line, unless a chart is in a stage 4 decline. Then look out below.

In general, just watching to see if this selloff spreads. I'm looking at the hundreds of stocks on my watch list today through multiiple sectors, and not much was green at all. Even the "other things" were selling off today, coming back in closer to retest levels.

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Market priced in Fed Rate hikes. What it seems like they haven't priced in yet is the speed of quantitative tightening. Into a slowing economy to the point we don't know how much it is slowing down.

Yeah I tend to be on your side here. AMD still has time for recovery, but that break today was not great. I look for quick recoveries or "false breakdowns" when these happen. If it doesn't happen, I'll pass. I'll play the bounces between levels up and down. Nothing normally goes in a straight line, unless a chart is in a stage 4 decline. Then look out below.

In general, just watching to see if this selloff spreads. I'm looking at the hundreds of stocks on my watch list today through multiiple sectors, and not much was green at all. Even the "other things" were selling off today. Definitely don't see many great trade setups at the moment. Still will watch though since somtimes volume goes lower on short trading weeks as the week continues, which can lead to a bounce higher before the next hammer lower.

Yeah, I agree with your analysis.

Back to AMD though: under normal circumstances, under 100 would be a "buy with both hands" situation, but there's *way* more room for it to drop. That goes for the entire market right now as well. The biggest thing I try to keep in mind is that much of this downturn in the markets is not due to any real slowdown but rather issues related to DCF and other future forecasting. It's not to say that the dip is fake in any way, but many businesses aren't seeing any material changes to how they operate -- that is, a company didn't suddenly make 50% less money because their share price dropped by 50%.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
The upcoming earnings season is going to be so important. If I see a stock post great earnings, but get hammered after with no save attempt, that's my own personal sign that major market participants see things are starting to slow down.

For AMD and Nvidia, inflation and shortages have been super bullish for thier margins and profitability. If the supply chain starts to normalize, and inflation wears off to the point they can't over charge anymore, their margins are going to get squeezed. Which could lead to decelerating growth, and decelerating growth is all a higher valuation name needs to keep selling off. Especially if demand starts to wear off. People might just end up spending money again in the service economy instead of the goods economy.

It's crazy how many different cross currents are going at the moment. I think we are living in real time, in the early 2020s, a time that will be studied greatly 50-100 years from now.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Something I've been watching closely, and neatly packaged together in tweet form. If yields come down at this peak trend line level, can give a market boost. At least normally:

Trying to keep an open mind towards all possibilities right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
MrBob I find it interesting that rather than under-performing the market today, not only did ARKK beat the market, it was almost green until the last 40 minutes. This despite the market going down and the 10-yr surging to 2.77%.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
MrBob I find it interesting that rather than under-performing the market today, not only did ARKK beat the market, it was almost green until the last 40 minutes. This despite the market going down and the 10-yr surging to 2.77%.

Ohhhh, that's a good anomaly catch. Move to the hourly chart and notice how ARK K has a gap up to 60.45 on open on March 9 I believe, then had a gap down on open March 10 to 60.41, and starting on march 11 broke way down in close to a straight line from $60.40 to about 52 dollars. That looks to be a level, around 60.50-61, on shorter term time frame that you would want to see ARK K get back above and hold over. Rather than ping ponging up and down around this area. This is how you can combo looking at gaps and breakdown levels. Since many times they end up lining up closely together.

Does have that bull gap up around 54 dollars that normally want to see hold too, just in case it dips again.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Biden will fix inflation 15 minutes before market close.

Was there ever an inflation estimate given for tomorrow?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
For AMD and Nvidia, inflation and shortages have been super bullish for thier margins and profitability. If the supply chain starts to normalize, and inflation wears off to the point they can't over charge anymore, their margins are going to get squeezed. Which could lead to decelerating growth, and decelerating growth is all a higher valuation name needs to keep selling off. Especially if demand starts to wear off. People might just end up spending money again in the service economy instead of the goods economy.

I'm wary when I hear things like this for companies like Nvidia when we heard the same thing about dying demand for graphics cards because of BTC boom in 2018 created surplus. The stock retraced from like $300 back to $120 (pre-split) on this negative sentiment occurring at the same time as a broader market drawback and yet here we are 4x that peak.

Like sure on a short-term basis, the next 3-4 earnings reports, but long-term it doesn't shake their fundamental growing business.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't say that is a surprise given the expectations and that these were the first numbers that were really going to reflect the Ukraine-Russia war. I have to imagine we peak next month unless China's lockdown lasts forever.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to put the pressure on OPEC to pump more oil. Long term, the west needs to get serious about not using oil. Nice to see used cars begin to invert. Housing may be next as mortgage rates continue to rise.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to put the pressure on OPEC to pump more oil. Long term, the west needs to get serious about not using oil. Nice to see used cars begin to invert. Housing may be next as mortgage rates continue to rise.

The US has been trying but they're a bit hampered by Biden not sucking up to the murderous asswipe MbS. Which has in part thrown a bit of a wrench in the relationship with Saudi Arabia when combined with the lack of "support" for its war with Yemen.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In the somewhat good news, core CPI was up 0.3% MoM, less than the 0.5% expected, and up 6.5% YoY also below expectations of 6.6%. Used vehicles prices were down 3.8% MoM. Energy was the biggest driver of course, and housing, although I assume the latter will cool with rising rates.

With oil and gas prices already below the March war panic levels, this may have been the peak inflation report.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wary when I hear things like this for companies like Nvidia when we heard the same thing about dying demand for graphics cards because of BTC boom in 2018 created surplus. The stock retraced from like $300 back to $120 (pre-split) on this negative sentiment occurring at the same time as a broader market drawback and yet here we are 4x that peak.

Like sure on a short-term basis, the next 3-4 earnings reports, but long-term it doesn't shake their fundamental growing business.

I don't think Nvidia is the modern day Cisco. I agree with your base case that Nvidia will be a leader of the future. But it doesn't necessarily mean the stock price has to follow higher as quickly as it did in the past. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. If it's back on an upward trend again I'll look at it once more. I think we are talking about two different things here though: Holding for long term versus riding a trend. This is one of the reasons why I'm looking at earnings reaction, to see what the major players think.

I do believe the stock way overshot to the upside though on a technical level, and now the stock needs some time to at least consolidate gains. Nvidia stock dropped 40% from the high in the past four months. It's the same pattern that plays out in every stock that goes parabolic. Taking such a big hit in a short amount of time, that's not for me at least. Especially when there have been other opportunities out there that have been up in the same time frame.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
To add to the above, if Nvidia breaks out from some base it is possibly forming right now, there are likely going to be large gains after this breakout.

Here is a monthly chart of Nvidia showing how much gains one could have had once it broke out of a base, depending on when you bought it and how long you held it:

9QIBoyb.png

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
These early morning rallies run out of steam sooooo fast.

I don't think Nvidia is the modern day Cisco. I agree with your base case that Nvidia will be a leader of the future. But it doesn't necessarily mean the stock price has to follow higher as quickly as it did in the past. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. If it's back on an upward trend again I'll look at it once more. I think we are talking about two different things here though: Holding for long term versus riding a trend. This is one of the reasons why I'm looking at earnings reaction, to see what the major players think.

I do believe the stock way overshot to the upside though on a technical level, and now the stock needs some time to at least consolidate gains. Nvidia stock dropped 40% from the high in the past four months. It's the same pattern that plays out in every stock that goes parabolic. Taking such a big hit in a short amount of time, that's not for me at least. Especially when there have been other opportunities out there that have been up in the same time frame.

Yup, full agreement, was just stating that near-term margin squeezes or decreased demand have been pointed at before...which killed the price for a good year...but ultimately don't change it's outlook with the long-term horizon.

I agree that it and other stocks like Tesla that went absolutely bonkers during the retail rush will need to consolidate sideways for a while or they'll push to peaks and bounce right back down due to waves of institutional selling like you pointed out a few posts back.