• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
In survival you get diseased even sleeping or a molerat blinking their eye at you from 30m away.

Survival after five hours though just kind of becomes busywork as you get ahead of the curve pretty fast.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Survival pretty soon after it first came out. I decided about when I met up with Danse that I wasn't having fun and switched it back to Hard

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Has anyone figured out how to get the Achievements Enabler to work on Steam Deck? I've gotten it installed but it still doesn't work upon loading the game.

Installed manually, I put everything in the required folders. Using F4SE new version. Still nada.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
According to Mystic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRvRlnllSg at 1:26) the issue with PS Plus is fixed and you can now upgrade to the PS5 version if you redeemed the game from the PS Plus Collection. Is that news? I thought Bethesda said they would not do it?

They never said they wouldn't do it. It was IGN editorialising for clicks.

I can't remember when it was fixed but it was on Monday or Tuesday I think.

aarstar

Oct 29, 2017

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they fix the XSX version soon...so many major issues compared to the PS5 version:

* Performance mode only
* Bugged VATS
* Hitching every few minutes (Im guessing this wont happen in quality mode once it's fixed)

Put a considerable amount of time in both versions and the PS5 on quality mode is great.

Jun 4, 2021
I'm level 16 on survival mode and I decided to do the Kellogg quest and man, I died so many times he could just one shot me. Finally had to go get the fat man in the fort and shoot him from the hall. Shit didn't even kill him I had to finish him off with my laser musket.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Started a playthrough a few weeks back, haven't been on it since the update. Loaded it up last night and this morning and seems my mods are chugging along with no issues so far.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Been scouring that all day, and it seems none of the fixes work for me.
I got achievement enabler to work with their dll loader, don't know how one does it with F4SE on the Deck. Download the main zip, download the dll loader one, drop both on the game folder and then at startup options
Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winmm=n,b" %command%
I'm only using the unofficial patch so at the time I have no need to mess around with F4SE.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't had a chance to test overall performance, but I found a couple mods for Series X that boost the settings to ultra, and the difference is pretty massive. I did run around a few densely packed areas in downtown Boston and got in a few big firefights and performance held up great. Mods are Tweaked performance mode and next-gen ultra settings v2.

I'm using Moribund World as well which is why the color palette is different.
Before
qLW4Jzd.png

After
x7hUmJe.png

And here it is without moribund world, but the same ultra mods.
Before
nfOfB1E.png

After
dN5FXmd.png

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they fix the XSX version soon...so many major issues compared to the PS5 version:

* Performance mode only
* Bugged VATS
* Hitching every few minutes (Im guessing this wont happen in quality mode once it's fixed)

Put a considerable amount of time in both versions and the PS5 on quality mode is great.
This is what I am waiting for. But I am not confident they will fix it based on their comment that it is not broken. But that was said before all these video's showing it is broken.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I got achievement enabler to work with their dll loader, don't know how one does it with F4SE on the Deck. Download the main zip, download the dll loader one, drop both on the game folder and then at startup options
Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winmm=n,b" %command%
I'm only using the unofficial patch so at the time I have no need to mess around with F4SE.
yeah so this also doesn't work because I have a patcher that puts Mod Organizer into the Play Button for Fallout 4 - meaning launch options just don't take. It's weird because before patch, it worked just fine.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Ugh, I need help… my save loads up just as I'm about to be swarmed by some bloatflies.
I just can't take them out before they kill me, I don't know why I'm so ridiculously weak but they take 2-3 shots each but I die from a couple of hits from the flies. Tried lowering the difficulty to easy but it doesn't seem to make a difference, like it's not registering?
I don't know what to do - I've died like ten times now and I'm sick of it.
You guys playing on survival are insane.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ugh, I need help… my save loads up just as I'm about to be swarmed by some bloatflies.
I just can't take them out before they kill me, I don't know why I'm so ridiculously weak but they take 2-3 shots each but I die from a couple of hits from the flies. Tried lowering the difficulty to easy but it doesn't seem to make a difference, like it's not registering?
I don't know what to do - I've died like ten times now and I'm sick of it.
You guys playing on survival are insane.
You don't have any earlier autosaves perchance? If not, you could always try running away and kiting them towards friendly NPC's. You could also enable god mod through the console or a mod. That disables achievements though, if you care about that sort of thing.

Some early game enemies can pack quite a punch, it took me a while to get over the hump again too. Now I'm entrenched in a Gunner-infested Vault severely underleveled, with several Assaultrons coming after my ass, lmao.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
yeah so this also doesn't work because I have a patcher that puts Mod Organizer into the Play Button for Fallout 4 - meaning launch options just don't take. It's weird because before patch, it worked just fine.
Yeah once I saw all that mess to get MO2 working on the Deck I said screw it, just going to play with mods from Bethesda.net. Going to leave all that work for another time lol

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had a chance to test overall performance, but I found a couple mods for Series X that boost the settings to ultra, and the difference is pretty massive. I did run around a few densely packed areas in downtown Boston and got in a few big firefights and performance held up great. Mods are Tweaked performance mode and next-gen ultra settings v2.

I'm using Moribund World as well which is why the color palette is different.
Before
qLW4Jzd.png

After
x7hUmJe.png

And here it is without moribund world, but the same ultra mods.
Before
nfOfB1E.png

After
dN5FXmd.png
What graphics mods are those? I'm running Vivid Fallout.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

What graphics mods are those? I'm running Vivid Fallout.

They seem fine. I tried them both along with vivid fallout and although you get slight stutters it was quite bad in the Boston area. Game runs fine just as Next-Gen & Tweaked performance mods or if you want to stick with Vivid Fallout then leave the other two out. I even tried Vivid Fallout with just Tweaked performance but again it was bad in the boston area. Now to decide which mod set up to stick with

FX1UtMV.png

tMtil7B.png

EDIT
Also I don't know if it's different on Survival, but I'm pretty sure settlers are immortal unless you go out of your way to kill them yourself.

I went and tested this out. Yeah you right. I was lead to believe they could from watching years old youtube vids.

View: https://i.imgur.com/9NDzqbV.mp4

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm really blown away by Sim Settlements 2. The new city management mechanics (which I don't really pay attention to, tbh) and main story quests are not only the highlights, but the side contents are also very well done. Besides some series of side quests from new, unique characters scattered in the Commonwealth, they also added 2 new factions with their own storylines. I particularly like the Nightingales, as their presence and how they operate do make sense in the wasteland. They also have some cool characters.

9C05YlV.jpeg
xLQQrdj.jpeg