• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
A and Ambulance are both working toward conclusions of their own but neither of them has yet gotten to the end of their respective journeys. Various scum arguments from "following a set choreographed path" to "saying much and achieving little" and "hiding GRRR" work here. Would love to see the conclusions before the day ends.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
don't like how he pushes for it because I think people should be responsible for their own actions
Back to this point real fast Ultimately atp and fat4all are still responsible for there own actions The will do what they feel and we will all judge them for it.

Mafia is a team game I don't feel like we should leave teammates to do whatever they feel like I truly believe we should discuss things with our teammates and reach logical conclusions together.

obviously we need to be careful because information is useful to scum but within reason we should all be giving advice we think is best to secure a Town win.

Also giving advice can be useful in scum hunting for the person giving it too. one of the reasons I knew geno was scum in the last game i was in ( replaced late day 4) was the advice he was giving made logical no sense and did not benefit town.

So I will keep giving suggestions that I think maximize our win percentage. people are free to follow it or not. You are free to think the advice is good or bad. you are free to decide does the advice come from a place of good faith or me trying to blend in.

If there is noting to react to, be proactive then. Your dice discussion did bring out some good things, we could always use some more of those. I don't have questions for you, I rather hoped that you'd have some of them for others. Just limiting yourself to mechanics talk and reactions is not enough to get rid of people doubting your sincerity.

I believe Chuggs is a way likelier NK target than you are. I don't see why you'd be killed so there is no reason to give you the protection.

If I think of something I will ask.

most games I ask questions as soon as they hit my brain, from sitting back more this game I have discovered 80% of questions I have are asked by someone at some point. so yeah other players have already asked my most pressing questions.

Nay I am a fairly likely nightkill

1 not as likely to be protected as others

2 posting more passive Mafia might think i am a powerful playerole or something

3 mafia kill for all kinds of reasons who knows were they will strike night 1 with little game played

4 you jerks are jinxing me hard They will probably kill me for the irony of all the "no way they kill Jman night 1"

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
So this post rings alarm bells to me.

Im iffy on my thoughts of Chuggs right now, but this here doesnt read like an argument, it reads like concern trolling, an attempt to discredit Chugg's own point without any real flaw to call it on.

So, I'll be answering this before the rest of stuff so you can hopefully read it before going to sleep.

What caught my attention about Chugg's vote was that it seemed like an overreaction. This posts;

Gambling and conning for a nintendo is praxis.

Triggers this response;

Lmao okay. Keep on trying to make what I did sound worse than it actually was.

Vote: Faddy

I promise this isn't OMGUS lol. Everything Faddy has brought to the table has been extreamly low effort and I honestly expect better from him. His recent posts have me legit wondering if he's actually reading the thread. He just comes across as disengaged and I'm not a fan of it.

And then Chuggs calling out Faddy's post about giving money to wee for Lightning. To then criticize Faddy for throwing reads around before asking questions;

Okay good lol. But just as an example, you asking questions and trying to get a better understanding of my read is something that makes me think you're actually engaged with the game. Faddy is out here giving reads while using words like "Conning" while coming across as disengaged. I'm just not a big fan of that.

It looked like a bit much. While I'm not currently mafia-reading Chuggs, I've seen meanies overestimate the amount of suspicion currently on them and, with that, strongly opposing the smallest of points made for their cases. That's what my comment about "standings" was about; Chuggs may think that Faddy's comment was made in bad faith, sure, but that's missing two points;
1. Faddy is not convincing anyone on it.
2. He's not even making a case for Chuggs;

And if you would actually read my posts then you would see i did give you a mild town read earlier. I'm not like hammering chuggs is scum narrative but I am not 100% buying into you being a locked town either.

Finally, even when Chuggs says "Why would I be against getting items for myself." - which, fair - he should understand people pointing out he went;

Uh, we don't know for sure if people are scum or not so maybe a bad idea

Oh something that I was thinking about when I saw the rules, bets are probably a really good way for scum to transfer money to one another so we should be on the lookout for that.

Yeah, but if we end up giving it to scum they can just lie about it and scum can end up with something useful. I dunno. Not a fan of it at this stage

And how that sounds a bit weird considering he called out Faddy for the wee fund thing as I brought up earlier.

So, do you see the flaws I see now, Stan? Or maybe I'm the one overreacting? Which, fair, I've had to explain this too many times for my liking.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
We are coming to a day end and up to this point there are 2 contesters who might bite the dust,

what are your thoughts on it ?
Faddy might die we will see how the day goes he is most suspect to me because pooling money for wee does not feel authentic to me I truly believe Faddy thought this would look like a towny move because he is giving money to another player not himself.

Hawthorn is not even a real wagon she is no going home today votes against her are not authentic at all and will switch to someone else.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
So, I'll be answering this before the rest of stuff so you can hopefully read it before going to sleep.

What caught my attention about Chugg's vote was that it seemed like an overreaction. This posts;

Triggers this response;

And then Chuggs calling out Faddy's post about giving money to wee for Lightning. To then criticize Faddy for throwing reads around before asking questions;

It looked like a bit much. While I'm not currently mafia-reading Chuggs, I've seen meanies overestimate the amount of suspicion currently on them and, with that, strongly opposing the smallest of points made for their cases. That's what my comment about "standings" was about; Chuggs may think that Faddy's comment was made in bad faith, sure, but that's missing two points;

Finally, even when Chuggs says "Why would I be against getting items for myself." - which, fair - he should understand people pointing out he went;

And how that sounds a bit weird considering he called out Faddy for the wee fund thing as I brought up earlier.

So, do you see the flaws I see now, Stan? Or maybe I'm the one overreacting? Which, fair, I've had to explain this too many times for my liking.
So you gonna throw your Vote on Chuggs or Nah? What are we doing here Reki.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the thought but youve still got me for a couple hours at least.
probably more given how borked my sleep schedule is atm.

Triggers this response;

Well firstly youre calling Chuggs on a double standard I dont think he made? he wasnt calling out Faddy on the Wee fund he was using it as an example of Faddy trying to appear more engaged than he really was, not a point i think i agree with but still not what your accusing him of there.

And more generally, no i still dont really see it. Its all pretty much what id expect from anyone on D1 taking what slim scum vibes they find as far as they can. Hell its what im doing with you right now.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Some quick thoughts before I'm able to put together something a little more detailed:

1) Chugg, good on you for using the N64. I think that will end up being a net positive for being able to discuss whoever is lynched with everyone before one of us is killed.

Faddy might die we will see how the day goes he is most suspect to me because pooling money for wee does not feel authentic to me I truly believe Faddy thought this would look like a towny move because he is giving money to another player not himself.

Hawthorn is not even a real wagon she is no going home today votes against her are not authentic at all and will switch to someone else.
2) I legitimately would like to see Hawthorn go home today, even if I'm okay with Faddy and strongly agree that he has been sus. I don't want to lose the train of thought with her (which imo is more than just her performance in past games), but I'll get into that more later. Just so you know I'm serious,

VOTE: Hawthorn

Oct 26, 2017
UK
ATP:

- I can't construct a singular narrative about the dice that'd say that ATP is scum. I'd guess that the 2nd purchaser is the likelier scum out of the two but I can't call the theory conclusive at all. Some scum would wait a bit and then react, others would go gung-ho on the items as soon as they could. I don't really fancy revealing what the dice did but that ain't even on ATP so I am not going to fault him for that. Maybe he was too eager to solve them and if anything that could be a slight hint toward him being town.
- He opposes loading someone up with cash and in the next post he is begging for cash.
- Sheeps Maol's idea about Blarg (not an issue unless it is a part of a greater pattern), Pop-Tarts Fat. I'd expect the latter to be more of a placeholder than anything and in few posts he says that's what it is. Fanto posts the Poppy votes when I am writing this and I see that the vote is now on Maol, ok. The action is good and the reasoning for it works.
- Chuggs, Faddy, Sparks, wee, Fat and Blarg are people who he has a trouble reading. He also mentions that he is susceptible to following loud voices. I now expect ATP to drop his vote on someone without sheeping someone else's read.
- Says his Blarg vote is serious.
- Possibly too eager to comment on the dice. Silence can be golden.
- Reads are a bit lacking.

I don't like this lynch. He could do more, like everyone, but I don't think his content so far is that problematic at all. I could also see some of the things he's said and done being slight town tells.

AllThingsPurple Why Blarg over say turmoil or Sparks or even nin? Why is the oddball vote the best we can do today? Why did you oppose loading someone with cash and then immediately after begged for scraps?

Tbh this is my first game with blarg and its just his play style I found somewhat annoying, I felt it made everything else harder to focus on.

Though he did make me laugh a little bit and I've sort of softened my stance. It would be a vote just to clear some of the noise and not based on any real reads. Which might not be best for a d1 vote, though I can't imagine any of the candidates will come across super strong on d1 anyway.

Sparks so far to me is like blarg lite. Not quite as annoying but just as useless lol. But I felt bad he got launched d1 last game and he was town so I wasn't planning to put my vote there.

Turm hasn't been on my radar at all? Was he included for having a similar playstyle to sparks and blarg? Turm has just been mostly absent to my recollection.

I'm open to moving the blarg vote. It just frustrates me when people are town and seemingly don't even try to help.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hawthorn is a real convenient place for scum to put their votes without arguing more than what's already been argued.

Now side eyeing those votes on hawthorn.

She is super hard to read with quite a passive playstyle but voting for her because she was scum 3 games in a row seems stupid.

Oct 25, 2017

Okay Stan pretty much said why the rest of this doesn't work but I wanted to address this part specifically. Maybe there's a disconnect here, but why on earth would Faddy's argument swaying people or not factor into my scum read of him? One of the reasons I'm scum reading him is because I think he was purposely misrepresenting what I was doing, but weather he's actually persuasive about that doesn't really matter to me

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
yeah like, maybe its because i barely read half of what was posted in this game but im also drawing a total blank for the Hawthorn votes.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh this is my first game with blarg and its just his play style I found somewhat annoying, I felt it made everything else harder to focus on.

Though he did make me laugh a little bit and I've sort of softened my stance. It would be a vote just to clear some of the noise and not based on any real reads. Which might not be best for a d1 vote, though I can't imagine any of the candidates will come across super strong on d1 anyway.

Sparks so far to me is like blarg lite. Not quite as annoying but just as useless lol. But I felt bad he got launched d1 last game and he was town so I wasn't planning to put my vote there.

Turm hasn't been on my radar at all? Was he included for having a similar playstyle to sparks and blarg? Turm has just been mostly absent to my recollection.

I'm open to moving the blarg vote. It just frustrates me when people are town and seemingly don't even try to help.

Nah Turms is actually coherent, but he really likes just popping a vote wherever on day 1, doesn't really explain it, and switches it a lot which makes people think he's just scum trying to find a wagon. Town gets scared, kills him on day 1, and surprise he's actually town.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020

Triggers this response;

I'm not following this last part. It doesn't seem inconsistent to me. Can you clarify?

I think I am going to stick with my Faddy vote, unless something changes today (likely). I know I waffled a lot on him, but he really doubled down on his plan to give all the money to one player & enable them to buy an item (so that we all know where the expensive items are) which to me was an anti-town plan. He said that his plan was about playing along with the unique game mechanics, but actually it wasn't really, because rather than making fun bets, it involved turning the bets into cheques.

I hesitate to say this, because I know it will come off as self-protective, but I find some of the suspicion against me a little concerning, in that it's largely based on out-of-game events. Just because a person rolled mafia in the past and fooled some people does not make them any likelier to be mafia this game, but it does make them a safe person to put your vote on without having to engage with the events of D1. To be clear I'm mostly talking here about Launchpad, Hedin, and Sparks-- Maol explained his vote, at least a little, and Kyan talked about my actual posts today in his post against me. Not to say that I think any of these people are mafia, but I think it's something to keep an eye on.

I will also keep my pop tarts vote for Pancakes. Pancakes should be the pop tart today for a nice breakfast tomorrow.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
2) I legitimately would like to see Hawthorn go home today, even if I'm okay with Faddy and strongly agree that he has been sus. I don't want to lose the train of thought with her (which imo is more than just her performance in past games), but I'll get into that more later. Just so you know I'm serious,

VOTE: Hawthorn

Why ?

This just reeks opportunitism

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hawthorn is a real convenient place for scum to put their votes without arguing more than what's already been argued.

Now side eyeing those votes on hawthorn.

She is super hard to read with quite a passive playstyle but voting for her because she was scum 3 games in a row seems stupid.

Fun fact, nothing has been argued so far

Oct 26, 2017
UK
OK to get the usual thing out of the way:

Vote: Hawthorn

When you're on The List you're on The List (don't worry I haven't forgotten about you Launch, your name is in permanent ink at this point).

Now that that's out of the way if anyone has a poker thing or just wants to play a hand if Fanto is willing to deal let me know.
Out of Launch and Hawthorn, who are you planning on voting for today? And does this

Vote: Hawthorn

affect your decision?

Seems weird to me launch is mentioned in both these posts, has also been accused of the same stuff hawthorn is getting accused of but both votes land on hawthorn for no real reason.

Then launch joins the train himself with a super different but he won't share it just yet...

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The narrative around her is she was scum 3 games in a row, is opening like she did in those games and is hard to read so would make people sleep easier if she was gone.

Its a weak argument which is why I called it out, but that is what people have been saying.

And that is what bothers me, there is not much susbtance to it

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Seems weird to me launch is mentioned in both these posts, has also been accused of the same stuff hawthorn is getting accused of but both votes land on hawthorn for no real reason.

Then launch joins the train himself with a super different but he won't share it just yet...

benclap6bure.gif

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
This ain't it Chief

VOTE:Launchpad

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
the opportunism of just putting a vote down on someone even though there is nothing behind that and also trying to put down those who on the one hand agree that Launch is kinda sus but then vote for Hawthorn will make my voting choice very easy.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
This is going to be one of those EoD's were everyone just puts a vote down for someone at the last second and we end up killing someone we shouldn't isn't it

Isn't this what all EOD's are like?

I'll remind you all of this again at the end of the day. Basically, just shut up for a bit while I post the final votes and the flip, and once I say "Night 1 Begins" you can all talk in here again until night actions lock. Make sense?

Can we have a gentleperson's agreement that it's the weekend and constrain ourselves a bit?

Will you leave the vote on her ? If yes could you make your case a tiny bit more clear as to why ?

95% I will be moving off of it unless someone points out something I missed with her, it's just my throwaway 1st post vote and now it's getting serious time. In no order I'm probably leaning towards Reki, wee, Faddy (those last two will probably come down to how I feel about the money stuff), and maybe ATP at this point in time.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
95% I will be moving off of it unless someone points out something I missed with her, it's just my throwaway 1st post vote and now it's getting serious time. In no order I'm probably leaning towards Reki, wee, Faddy (those last two will probably come down to how I feel about the money stuff), and maybe ATP at this point in time.

Thats what i expected when i first read that post, no worries.
How do you feel about the current situation and how that vote led to a small train Launch attached itself on ?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
m gonna be real with yall, Im very drunk rn

im gonna set my alarm for a few hours before the days end and hope for the best

that's right, even tgo im east coast i don't wake up til like 4 pm thanks to my dangerous and cavalier lifestyle

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Thats what i expected when i first read that post, no worries.
How do you feel about the current situation and how that vote led to a small train Launch attached itself on ?

Are you referring to the train on Launch or the votes on Hawthorn? I'm assuming Launch since those just popped up. I find his vote very interesting because it feels like he's doing the thing that I am looking to avoid with Hawthorn in not letting previous alignment dictate current feelings (and I could just as easily thrown Launch a 1st post vote for those same reasons). Now he says it's more than that and he'll get to it later which once again he's teasing some information or read but doesn't put it out there.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Now he says it's more than that and he'll get to it later which once again he's teasing some information or read but doesn't put it out there.

That is what put me also over the edge,

either you make a case, vote for someone, or you dont.

This teasing is just a way to test the waters. Put the vote out there, tease something big ( Spoiler Altert, Its nothing ) wait until others chimed into this, hope that others will vote her aswell, come back and reveal the big nothing burger.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Case for Hawthorn

Let me start by confirming that I carry some bias against Hawthorn. I hold her in very high regard for how she is able to blend in, and as such, I am very wary that she is someone who will be easily overlooked going forward when she's allowed to further blend into the background as the game goes on. While others might say she will not be forgotten, keep in mind that the more time that passes means more players who are suspicious of her will die if she is indeed scum. That's true of anyone and we should try to think critically moving into the game - whoever we are sure is trustworthy may not be.

Further disclaimer, this is a D1 case - please take into consideration I am building a case based on little content (just like any D1 lynch case) and even if Hawthorn is not lynched today, I am summarizing the thoughts so they can be used later.

I like that there's a lot of activity to keep us busy on Day 1! No need for long conversations about how we don't know who to vote for. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the bets play out, in particular. And the pop tarts, though it's going to be tough keeping track of them.

In fact, I want to try out the betting. Bet Nin: $500, exactly six items from the store will be sold by the end of Day 1

nin let me know if you accept this bet!
Having said that, I would point to her first post of D1. To summarize the post and what I'm seeing, it is eagerness and what I would describe as making surface-level observations about the game. For a reference on why this is noteworthy, you can go check her early posts in Risk which follow a very similar pattern - to summarize that, coming in to ask a set of basic surface-level questions and proposing an alliance a few posts in.

The second noteworthy, way more significant, thing about this post is that Hawthorn proposes a bet here with nin. This is strange for several reasons.

1. Who she proposes the bet with - nin. We have all played with nin, and it's safe to say he's a bit of a wildcard. It is hard to read the motivation behind who she chose to place a bet with, but the potential read here is that she was looking at a player who she knew was a wild card to give off the impression that she was acting recklessly, recklessness being a quality scum!Hawthorn is not typically known for. Her claim is that she chose nin randomly (post #94).
  2. The amount - $500. It sounds like the majority of players have started off with $1500. $500 is not an insignificant amount, it's a third of the starting amount for most players - although, in fairness, we don't know how much Hawthorn actually has. However, it's enough to give off an impression of slight recklessness. It's also not so much money that it would make or break Hawthorn down the road. It's fortunate that nin did not actually follow through and accept the bet, but I think Hawthorn went in with the expectation that he would.
  3. The bet itself - "exactly six items from the store will be sold by the end of Day 1". It's a strangely specific thing to bet on. By her own admission, Hawthorn created a bet criteria which would make accepting the bet appealing to whoever she was proposing it to, something that would make it very difficult for her to win. This tells us a few things - one, that she was very intent on the recipient accepting the bet; and two, in her mind, she was effectively forfeiting the money.
    If she was so intent on having someone accept the bet, my next question would be why? Hawthorn claims she was " eager to take part in the betting system and see how it works" (post #155), but she could have simply observed others performing bets to see how it works instead of placing $500 out of [a supposed] $1500 down on a bet to test it. Seeing how it works is a strange motivation, since she already had a good enough grasp on the logic behind the betting to make the criteria appealing to the recipient. I think the reality here is that Hawthorn had an ulterior motive for proposing a bet - either to add to the narrative that she is acting recklessly and therefore town, or some other unseen goal.
  4. While Hawthorn did move on to defend her decision (posts #94, #155, #170), she did not follow up with nin to ask him to accept the bet. It is a strange pivot, especially because the bet itself was designed to have nin accept it - terms that favor the recipient. However, she just drops it without pursuing it further. The conclusion here is that there was a change of plans once other players started questioning her actions.

About the pop tart votes, I agree that Chuggs's posts have been good and his role seems town-like. However, I don't like how many pop tart votes he's gotten without any significant opposition so far. I'd like to see more people voting for pop tarts-- they're not locked in, they can be moved around just like toaster strudel votes.

Pop-Tart: Conditional-Pancakes

I have a reason why Pancakes is my pop-tart vote, but I'm curious to see if anyone agrees with me first.
I pointed this out earlier, but one of Hawthorn's tells is going off-wagon and chasing a dark horse candidate for a thing (maybe something she picked up from Maol). I would point to her avoiding bussing me numerous times between Transistor and Risk for evidence of that.

In this game where there are two different kinds of votes, that can take a different form like we see here. Hawthorn Pop-Tart votes Pancakes, while at the same time admitting that Chugg seems townie, on two bases - one I agree with, that Pancakes also seems town based on her comments regarding vanillas in the game; and two, because Chugg has not had much opposition. What's curious is that she says Chugg has not had much opposition, but actually does not raise any opposition herself; what she does is just point out that there is little opposition, which reads as light shade throwing, and puts a protection vote elsewhere.

Hawthorn does not actually have any issue with Chugg and has not raised any suspicion about him, so it's weird she would throw shade like this.

I think that mafia will be trying to consolidate their money and will be more able to do so if there's a town norm that approves of blatantly passing money around without any element of risk. Also, if people bet on events, we can look back later and analyze which events were bet on/which things people seemed to be in control of.
This is more of setting up a domino, but if Faddy is scum, then I think it lends more credence to Hawthorn being scum, as well. This is one of the first mentions that scum may be trying to consolidate money around a single player, but based on discussions that happened subsequently, it might be a partial truth. If Faddy was indeed trying to gather up money or items into a single player to steal them, I think Hawthorn was giving herself a future "hah, I was right" moment.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be dividing this or it'll take forever.

However, it could just be a small adjustment based on previous games which leaves me back at the "my gut read is saying launchpad is scum, you shouldn't let this go"

What do you think of the recent Launch push? While I mostly agree with the criticism against his vote, that triple pushback was a bit surprising to be honest.

Your read on Hawthorn looks like a bit of a jump, as folks are pointing out about votes on her too. Hmmm.

Thanks for the comments, Zipped. Interested in how your Aeleus read develops, I'll be probably looking there too.

the backlash to chug scumreading faddy feels like a bunch of bull hockey

y'all will go along with anything, won'cha?

as long as someone says "tunnel" enough times you'll follow them off a cliff

like sheep

I mean, you can directly engage me or anyone else instead of just throwing shade around.

Sophie is an incompetent bitch?

Ok, how come no one commented on this?

You're too mean, wee.

Here i believe, iirc, the first mention of theft This game.

This is true, but the first mention of stealing is from VA iirc.

That's what I thought prompted Blarg's comment at the time at least.

I was also suspect of Kyanrute because outing the info that kyle's shirt was bad seemed like some easy Town credit. the difference was Kyanrute's follow up explaining the reason why he did it made sense to me.

Question, how closely are you following details and taking notes?

By the way, I've been liking the way you post now, with longer justifications and all. Are you enjoying it yourself?

Also; no way they kill Jman night 1.

Faddy's explanation on why he give money to Wee make no sense to me his follow up post not instilling trust is why he needs to get Lynched not the origial suspicion alone.

I can see this. Didn't like Faddy's plan either, but I need to think more on that vote. Usually like his town play and I've seen him mislunched D1 once or twice so that's why I'm being careful with suspicion there.

As wee said somewhere, Faddy has a bit of a wacky play sometimes, and that's NAI. I saw Before the Sun's meanie!Faddy too, so it's not a blank check either.

Bet:Vincent Alexander $1500, All Mafia aligned players will be alive at the start of Day 3
Interesting! I accept!

Bet Jman Accepted

Would you both mind talking a bit more about this, please? Why would it be a good idea to be locked in a bet until D3? And that one side is favored by not pushing wolves?

Why did nobody comment on this, doesn't this look a bit weird to anyone else?

because ive been *confirmed town* with votes on scum as well and still they refuse
they will never give me the satisfaction

Didn't you get NKed in LB3?

Which was more than a year ago, yes.

ok i wanna know
whats the worst case scenario fat and purple use their dice tonight on an unknown person?
ok so then your top scum read and then we nk one of their scummates
too easy

Can't think of a scenario in which using a random redirect isn't more risky than it's worth it unless we have too much information about alignments. What do you think?

also can we stop sharing with scum what we will do tonight?

Yes please.

It hurt us hard in Nier.

Agree with this. meanie!rac is not as carefree in his postings imo.

Had you specified a cookie emoji, I would have allowed it.

Formal request for you to change your avatar to

What do you think of this?

May as well just help ATP on the blarg push

VOTE: Blargonaut

You're criticizing votes on Hawthorn for lack of a meaningful argument behind them after all.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'll be dividing this or it'll take forever.

What do you think of the recent Launch push? While I mostly agree with the criticism against his vote, that triple pushback was a bit surprising to be honest.

Your read on Hawthorn looks like a bit of a jump, as folks are pointing out about votes on her too. Hmmm.

Thanks for the comments, Zipped. Interested in how your Aeleus read develops, I'll be probably looking there too.

I mean, you can directly engage me or anyone else instead of just throwing shade around.

Ok, how come no one commented on this?

You're too mean, wee.

This is true, but the first mention of stealing is from VA iirc.

That's what I thought prompted Blarg's comment at the time at least.

Question, how closely are you following details and taking notes?

By the way, I've been liking the way you post now, with longer justifications and all. Are you enjoying it yourself?

Also; no way they kill Jman night 1.

I can see this. Didn't like Faddy's plan either, but I need to think more on that vote. Usually like his town play and I've seen him mislunched D1 once or twice so that's why I'm being careful with suspicion there.

As wee said somewhere, Faddy has a bit of a wacky play sometimes, and that's NAI. I saw Before the Sun's meanie!Faddy too, so it's not a blank check either.

Would you both mind talking a bit more about this, please? Why would it be a good idea to be locked in a bet until D3? And that one side is favored by not pushing wolves?

Why did nobody comment on this, doesn't this look a bit weird to anyone else?

Didn't you get NKed in LB3?

Which was more than a year ago, yes.

Can't think of a scenario in which using a random redirect isn't more risky than it's worth it unless we have too much information about alignments. What do you think?

Yes please.

It hurt us hard in Nier.

Agree with this. meanie!rac is not as carefree in his postings imo.

Formal request for you to change your avatar to

What do you think of this?

You're criticizing votes on Hawthorn for lack of a meaningful argument behind them after all.

It means nothing to me, someone earlier said that was par for the course for turm d1, plus I've moved on from blarg for now, and I don't think a blarg train was ever gonna happen d1

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Isn't this what all EOD's are like?

Can we have a gentleperson's agreement that it's the weekend and constrain ourselves a bit?

Any particular reason you think I might be scum?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I'm not going to quote Launch's entire post but the only thing about Hawthorn that I saw in that post that raised an eyebrow to me (and he didn't really come to this conclusion) was:

I like that there's a lot of activity to keep us busy on Day 1! No need for long conversations about how we don't know who to vote for. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the bets play out, in particular. And the pop tarts, though it's going to be tough keeping track of them.

In fact, I want to try out the betting. Bet Nin: $500, exactly six items from the store will be sold by the end of Day 1

nin let me know if you accept this bet!

Launch danced around the bet question but didn't actually come to any conclusion about it. The obvious implication to me is that Hawthorn was using that bet to see how many things were actually bought. Scum would definitely be interested in that information but I can see some town purposes as well.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
RE: Hawthorn's bet. Just want to add one observation: besides it being a item purchase scan, it could've been a scum -> scum money laundering attempt.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to quote Launch's entire post but the only thing about Hawthorn that I saw in that post that raised an eyebrow to me (and he didn't really come to this conclusion) was:

Launch danced around the bet question but didn't actually come to any conclusion about it. The obvious implication to me is that Hawthorn was using that bet to see how many things were actually bought. Scum would definitely be interested in that information but I can see some town purposes as well.
Well, I didn't get to that conclusion because I didn't think of it, but that's a very good point, as well.

I tend to prioritize the social aspects of mafia, so that's where the focus of my analysis was. That's partly just my nature and what I find most fun, but I've also been a godfather twice and used a ninja kill when watched, so I know firsthand mechanics can lie sometimes, too. If others can build off of what I've written, though, I'd say it's done its job.

However, looking at the rules for a second:

You will be notified if an item you attempt to purchase has gone out of stock.
I guess scum could also just PM Fanto every item on the item shop list and see what comes back as out of stock. They might have realized that later and that's why there was no follow-up from Hawthorn on the bet?

RE: Hawthorn's bet. Just want to add one observation: besides it being a item purchase scan, it could've been a scum -> scum money laundering attempt.
Also true.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018

The thing is then every bet would have to be looked at within the same light and to me if you want to look that way then the wee and Faddy "partnership" raises a bit more eyebrows.