• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be out of my mind if I expect a BotW or Odyssey tier scale Pokemon game from Game Freak, but I am relieved that they're taking their time with this one and getting the more casual stuff out of the way for this Holiday. I really want to get back into the series, but there just hasn't been enough of a shakeup for me. I'm really hoping this next game does that.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Wait now I'm confused. If the "real game" comes out next year, what's Let's Go then? Isn't that the Game Freak game Ishihara teased last E3? Or is Game Freak not making Let's Go after all?

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spoilers: none of the older gen remakes sold below 12 millions despite being obvious there was a new game coming next year. And with games on Switch breaking records even a year after it came out, Pokemon now has the best chance in getting close or even surpassing Gen 1 sales.
This is a remake of a remake. And GF never said "a real core game is coming next year" before when they released a remake.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So this is the game people actually were wanting. Let's Go looks like a quick thing they slapped together to fill a calendar while hoping the Go audience jumps onto the Switch train.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying so hard to be hyped for this, but no wild battles is too hard of a blow for me.

It's a shame, I'd really like a regular remake of gen 1.

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least we know that one year from now, we should have footage of a new hopefully badass Pokémon game.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Said it in the other thread, but I hope this game looks as good as Lets Go, visually.

As a Sinnoh fan, I do hope that a remake happens in like 2020 or something. Giving it time is good in my book.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Currently i don't understand what i've seen at all but i will look forward to more information

But im pretty sure this will be the game that makes buy my own Switch.

Nay

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Core games apparently going to be more handheld focused. Don't know how I feel about that.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

What does this even MEAN!? Can the core games not also be about home gaming? Like...what?

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is why Let's Go direction doesn't really bug me. Even if I don't end up liking it, the new gen will be just around the corner to try instead. I wonder if it will be on Switch though, or if the 3ds will get one last hurrah.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
If this means that Gen 1 pandering and series casualization stays contained in the Let's Go games, I'm even more hyped.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Core games being handheld? Isn't that the opposite of why the hybrid is appealling?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I knew it. So many people on this board kept telling me I was wrong and that it would be out this year and yet here we are.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take it "handheld" features just mean the same shit as before. Not worries about that

Also, Kyogores won

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
What do handhelds and Pokemon have in common? Think about it.

Especially since Let's Go doesn't have online and things like that. Stop having a stroke over everything, guys.
Whoa whoa whoa, can anyone confirm this? Because before I thought I was just being super salty about Kanto stuff and decided to just let dudes have their fun. But if that's the case, Let's Go is a super hard pass for me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait now I'm confused. If the "real game" comes out next year, what's Let's Go then? Isn't that the Game Freak game Ishihara teased last E3? Or is Game Freak not making Let's Go after all?
Let's Go is a spin off companion game for GO trying to get that audience to buy Switches and (hopefully) make the jump to the core series. This is the game they teased at E3 last year.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
I guess it makes sense when you think about LGE's connectivity with Go: you play with that app when you're outside and then come home and play with your Switch.

Whereas the 2019 games would be like X/Y-Sun/Moon etc. and you just bring your handheld everywhere

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
What do handhelds and Pokemon have in common? Think about it.

Especially since Let's Go doesn't have online and things like that. Stop having a stroke over everything, guys.
No one is having a stroke. Maybe they should have been way more clear with their messaging for this shit instead of dropping all the info in a poorly covered live event that we're needing to piece together via Twitter? Everyone is clearly shook by some of the questionable choices they've made for the Let's Go games. You can't expect people to be totally calm at this moment.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Nowhere in any of those announcements does it say the Gen 8 game is for Switch.

NOWHERE.

If someone has proof please let me know but I fully expect to be disappointed once more and the game is for 3ds.

Also, why do some people refer to the first gen in a derogatory fashion as genwun? I say derogatory because it is only used in negative commenta about it. Maybe I am out of the loop.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

NOWHERE.

If someone has proof please let me know but I fully expect to be disappointed once more and the game is for 3ds.

Also, why do some people refer to the first gen in a derogatory fashion as genwun? I say derogatory because it is only used in negative commenta about it. Maybe I am out of the loop.
This is the game that was announced for Switch last E3 lmfao

BeeKaine

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
No one is having a stroke. Maybe they should have been way more clear with their messaging for this shit instead of dropping all the info in a poorly covered live event that we're needing to piece together via Twitter?

If you find "our Pokemon game is going to have the elements as every other core Pokemon game" to be something to worry about...

Obviously the Switch game whatever it is will have handheld elements, it doesn't mean that somehow it'll have literal 3DS graphics or you can't dock it.

Everyone is clearly shook by some of the questionable choices they've made for the Let's Go games. You can't expect people to be totally calm at this moment.

Literally every information about the core game is preemptive damage control for the obvious backlash Let's Go will / has gotten. There's nothing that makes me believe the new game will be like Let's Go because all they've been saying, down to implying that the latter is a spin-off, is that it's nothing like Let's Go.

Guys. Calm down.

EDIT: People are seriously going "how do you know the new game is a Switch game?!?!", like really now. Even if it's on the damn 3DS it's still coming to the damn Switch.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017

NOWHERE.

It was announced for Switch at last year's E3.

Oct 25, 2017
So were these the games that we're announced at e3 last year or are we literally not gonna actually see anything from that announcement until next year

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
This is the game that was announced for Switch last E3 lmfao
So where is the proof.

Not calling you a liar but there is no proof. I've read the thread sand there is no concrete proof this is the game referenced at e3 and that the gen8 game is on Switch.

Like for something this big the main announcement has nothing that tells me I can be 100% sure it is for Switch.

I've been fooled for decades now. So until officially confirmed I will expect a 3ds game.