• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Wall of shame is now back.

unknown.png

DTL is dominated already, wow.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler S1
Well that was good fun! It doesn't hold a candle to Kaiji but nonetheless manages to be entertaining from start to finish. Looking forward to the second season but I'm also hoping it can can throw some curveballs our way.

8/10

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Depending on the anime in question, probably necessary. Imagine sitting through all 20 minutes of One Piece. Torture.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What to watch alongside Fate/Apo?: Shield Hero (couldn't make it through the first ep but willing to give it another chance if it gets better) or Demon Slayer: (Kimetsu no Yaiba)?

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on the anime in question, probably necessary. Imagine sitting through all 20 minutes of One Piece. Torture.
I wish Oda would learn from writers like Tabata and Tsukuda and see how to do streamlined optimized storytelling with exciting elements and interesting characters... Its sad the anime is chained by his atrocious pacing and that they have to do the sorta things they have to do to make the anime somewhat more interesting than the bland manga.

Killing off the less than decent strawhats would greatly improve One Piece.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Oda would learn from writers like Tabata and Tsukuda and see how to do streamlined optimized storytelling with exciting elements and interesting characters... Its sad the anime is chained by his atrocious pacing and that they have to do the sorta things they have to do to make the anime somewhat more interesting than the bland manga.

Why are you like this

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

They should totally try to adapt 3+ chapters per episode. Maybe even exercise some artistic control to shorten those long, monotonous fights that aren't interesting in the least. And yeah, I'd be 100% okay with the killing off of characters. Sanji can be the first to go.
Watch something else?
The defeatist approach? Never!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Wall of shame is now back.

unknown.png
Man I'm not even close to Top 10 here either lol. How do you guys watch so much anime?
I actually came in here wondering if I made it in the top ten... didn't expect top 5 lol.

I don't really watch that much anime right now, and what I do watch is dubbed so I don't even do much anime feedback.

I think the majority of my posts are posting anime related news and then talking about it with people lol.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Came with a theory for what the Reo/Mabu/Sara/Otter connection is. I left it as a spoiler for anyone who want no speculation ahead of the show. Here:

So, the question of how Sara always gets the right object of desire for each episode has been bugging me, after talking with some friends who are watching the show we came up with this theory:

Reo and Mabu investigate and find someone who has a weird Desire x Love complex, which they then use to create the monster of the week. This as we see is done every night. The next morning we see Sara announce the object for the selfies (matching the object of desire of the victim) , this implies that the selfies are being used to track down where to gather the objects to feed the monster of the day. We then see the Kappa Zombies go out and collect them.

The implication then is that Sara is in cahoots with the organization in control of Reo and Mabu (who we know are nothing more than pawns being controlled via their own desires/love). In the most recent episode we see that Keppi and Sara know each other and appear to be close. We also see in the after credits scene what appears to be a Kappa resembling Keppi at the Otter base.

Our theory is that Keppi(or another Kappa) is actually behind this whole Reo/Mabu/Sara operation. I believe they likely are collecting and feeding desires. Why they are doing this would need to be exposed, but possibly to restore the Kappa Kingdom. We also think that the Otticer is actually a Otter trying to atone for what was done to the Kappa Kingdom and is actually a traitor to the Otters. The fact that Keppi knew where the Otter base was is more evidence that he is hiding stuff. Finally the last mystery assuming that Keppi is the one behind this, would be why the three kids are needed in this process at all.

I know it is far fetched but let me know what you think!

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
*old man voice* I remember when we had to wait an entire week for shitty fansubs with over designed subs.

Now that fansubbing is basically dead and mostly buried, it's about time for someone to compile an oral history.

Say, I remember when fansubbers intentionally broke compatibility with certain media players...for some random reason.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Furuba 8
A little too much recap for my taste but the scene with Tohru sitting by herself with the photo still breaks my heart. I love the added scene with Uo and it was great to finally get Hatsuharu on the screen. I was hoping for a cheeky glimpse of Rin but alas.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing WIT changed their mind after the massive backlash at getting episodes 3 days later. 10 hours later is more than fine.

*old man voice* I remember when we had to wait an entire week for shitty fansubs with over designed subs.

I doubt anyone at Wit Studio had anything to do with this decision. Animation studios do not generally handle international licensing themselves, barring a couple behemoths like Toei.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Bocchi 8

Kuroi: I won't make friends, I need to be alone to become stronger
Sotoka, ninja apprentice living alone: bitch please get to my level

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket 08

It's America's favorite sitcom, "Everyone Hates Akito"

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I actually came in here wondering if I made it in the top ten... didn't expect top 5 lol.

I don't really watch that much anime right now, and what I do watch is dubbed so I don't even do much anime feedback.

I think the majority of my posts are posting anime related news and then talking about it with people lol.

I guess that would do it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.