• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Earlier I hit the "no audio" bug for the first time. Now I'm getting the 95 percent infinite loading problem.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Did you see some kind of green light or something inside? Also, go back outside and check if the door is glowing in blue now or not. If it is, then you've already done your part for that tomb.
Oh God, then I need to go back to check. It's so far away. 😂
But it doesn't appear as completed in the quest log.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal the Frost grenades of the ranger don't freeze enemies ? I can still combo, is it related to the level of the skill compared to the level of the enemies ?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is it normal the Frost grenades of the ranger don't freeze enemies ? I can still combo, is it related to the level of the skill compared to the level of the enemies ?
Some enemies have a tolerance. The status effects builds up, so for larger enemies, you may need more applications. Some enemies are also immune.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
How are tombs on normal, soloable?

Been wondering around in freeplay, did three of those purple hexagons all by my bloody lonesome lol. Once again, my fellow team mates were on all the other three corers of the map. Didn't see any of them even once.

Please increase the fucking server population size, or give me a way to let others know that there's a world event or purple hexagon.

Oct 27, 2017
Grand Master 1 Temple of Scar Stronghold playthrough using a Ranger:

Had 8 Masterwork items drop in this run (3 of them were all of the Sniper variants), the previous run I had before this was 6. A run with a good group is around 20 - 25 minutes to complete. Definitely the way to go for MW farming at GM1.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked through the options menu, Why is Data Sharing auto enabled? isnt that illegal?

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the game on xbox so far. Trying to grind for this colium off Titans is so tedius :(

Whos everyone playing? I'm playing Storm. I really hope anthem sells well for future development.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck happened to strongholds? Messing around on Hard, and I try starting a new one and it dumps me into a half finished one that has a level 11 and level 6. Then I start another and it puts me in the boss room with a green level 13. They need to fix this shit. It's acting like Quickplay used to. Basically a day goes by from the official launch and the leeching is out of control.

What does the component "Enhance the assault launcher to in crease damage by 5%" exactly do ?

Increases the damage of the assault launcher by a measly 5%.

Grand Master 1 Temple of Scar Stronghold playthrough using a Ranger:

Had 8 Masterwork items drop in this run (3 of them were all of the Sniper variants), the previous run I had before this was 6. A run with a good group is around 20 - 25 minutes to complete. Definitely the way to go for MW farming at GM1.

That's super lucky. The average is 2-3.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How are tombs on normal, soloable?

Been wondering around in freeplay, did three of those purple hexagons all by my bloody lonesome lol. Once again, my fellow team mates were on all the other three corers of the map. Didn't see any of them even once.

Please increase the fucking server population size, or give me a way to let others know that there's a world event or purple hexagon.

World events are easy to solo on easy. It's not ideal but right now it's the best option.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
My initial impressions after a few hours:

BioWare should double down on the powers and abilities; making that the main focus of the game.

The shooting combat, and enemy AI is not good enough to carry the moment to moment gameplay while the powers feel satisfying to use.

I feel like Anthem would have been better off playing like a third person Diablo rather than Destiny:

1. Make Left Trigger a modifier button to allow you to access more abilities in one loadout (eg LT+LB, LT+Y, LT+RB).

2. Increase the number of enemies and let you blast multiple away. Make you feel like you are taking down horde of enemies with a handful of abilities working together.

3. Increase the amount of lock on for the guns and they should only be used as an backup attack when all the powers are on cooldown.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
Wait the daily's aren't actual 24hr base ? I went to look at the daily and saw it said there was only 30 mins or so left. The game officially came out on the 22nd so shouldn't that be the 23rd at 11:30PM whatever timezone they are in?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just ran into a bug in a legendary contract where my party can't progress because everytime we reach a waypoint the game will teleport us back to the previous point because we're "Moving away from the mission objective". Even though we're all 4 going together, we still got teleported back.

Dec 20, 2017
Wait the daily's aren't actual 24hr base ? I went to look at the daily and saw it said there was only 30 mins or so left. The game officially came out on the 22nd so shouldn't that be the 23rd at 11:30PM whatever timezone they are in?

Every daily I'm aware of resets at predetermined times, not just when the game launched. Usually when their are either the least people on or the most so you can do double dailies.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
Every daily I'm aware of resets at predetermined times, not just when the game launched. Usually when their are either the least people on or the most so you can do double dailies.

Got ya' I just found it odd that the amount of time really doesn't even put it at a daily most games do give you the 24hr period I'm talking about PS4 here not the PC or Xbox which had early release it also looks like the server's are set at different times per console since a friend of mine was playing on the Xbox and it told him he had an hour before a server maintenance was coming while on the PS4 there was no message.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The matchmaking seriously needs a "I only want groups starting from the beginning of the mission" option.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
Replying for Discord mainly.
I tend to stay away from Game but the steelbook & interchangeable covers they had for Anthem were pretty cool.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
40 minutes to finish a GM1 Stronghold and then the game decides to not give you your loot, fuck this.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The Titans are so boring. I encountered Ash Titan in 2 missions and Free Roam. Cool. Then I have another important story mission and the boss is... you guessed it, Ash Titan! How exciting.

I seriously hope there are more diverse enemies later on...

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck happened to strongholds? Messing around on Hard, and I try starting a new one and it dumps me into a half finished one that has a level 11 and level 6. Then I start another and it puts me in the boss room with a green level 13. They need to fix this shit. It's acting like Quickplay used to. Basically a day goes by from the official launch and the leeching is out of control.

Increases the damage of the assault launcher by a measly 5%.

That's super lucky. The average is 2-3.

Everything is scaled for everyone, there's no leeching.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
PC version was already lower and expect it to be $30 or less within thirty days.

What are you talking about? The game isn't going to scale damage and health per enemy per player in a party. You can't tell me that it does a group average either for enemies, because it doesn't.

I'll have to look at the tutorials again but I do remember it said exactly that. Everything is scaled for each player's perspective. Like world of warcraft's current scaling (you can have a lvl 102 character attacking a wolf and he will do proportional damage like it's a lvl 102 wolf while the level 110 character will do damage to the wolf like it's a level 110 wolf)