• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Sharon was never actually Peggy's niece, she just pretended to be to impress Steve

No one else at the funeral knew she she was

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Having recently got Into the Spiderverse on Blu-ray, it made me remember seeing the overweight, schlubby, past-his prime Peter Parker and thinking that if this wasn't an alternate universe version of Spider-Man (with a "real" younger, prime Spider-Man already shown in the movie), people would have freaked out and not accepted it.

Then we got Endgame were we got that with Thor and that's exactly what happened with some people. I think the character development and Thor's progression made it more understandable, plus the time jump did allow them to play a sort of "what if?" scenario to make a sort of alternate reality version of the characters but have it actually be canon. But people seemed to have been way more upset at just the idea that Thor became overweight and never lost the weight.

In ITSV, they actually poke fun at Peter's weight way more than in Endgame, but since it's not as cruel nor done when Thor is a clearly emotionally vulnerable place, it's falls more within the "acceptable" range of poking fun at someone's weight. Although, I'm sure if Spiderverse was as popular as Endgame, there would be plenty of hot takes and thinkpieces written about it as well, when it seems to work fine for the character in the film.

It's just interesting how 2 superhero movies coming out within months of each other ended up going for a similar "what if?" scenario.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
A little helps, folks. I watched this film yesterday, but had to get up to use the restroom during the big climactic battle. Damn thing is three hours long, and I genuinely think that I would have pissed myself had I waited ain't longer!

Anyways, what happens between the time that Captain Marvel shows up to wreck Thanos's ship, and then Thanos puts on the glove sans power stones?

Thanks.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
A little helps, folks. I watched this film yesterday, but had to get up to use the restroom during the big climactic battle. Damn thing is three hours long, and I genuinely think that I would have pissed myself had I waited ain't longer!

Anyways, what happens between the time that Captain Marvel shows up to wreck Thanos's ship, and then Thanos puts on the glove sans power stones?

Thanks.
nothing much
Captain Marvel take the glove from Spiderman to deliver it to the van. And she gets help from all the female. Thanos destroys the van.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Something happens to Gamora as Quill was searching for her later. I assume Captain Marvel traded blows with Thanos, yes? And Nebula?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks.

Wolverine came through one of the portals and cut Proxima Midnight in half. We talked about it like ten pages ago.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
3411000886418ff4726e77f1dc80f32e

Did you destroy my van?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Paul Rudd was such a great add to this universe. He can be both emotional and hillarious.

Poor ant-guy is always the joke

Thanks.

A lot actually. You missed great scenes and me sweating when Carol says "hi peter parker. You got something for me?"

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Watched it for the 3rd time today. I was wondering, how effective would Mantis have been in the big battle? Does she have any powers not shown in the movies or is she going around sedating all the monsters so someone else can take them out? Also, I wonder how difficult it was for Cap to readjust to life in the 40s after having spent 15 years with modern technology.

Mantis could put.a Celestial planet to sleep.

In the all female group Okoye was the weakest. Which says it all about how super stacked that group was, given Okoye fucked Corpus Glaive up.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else feel like the beginning of the movie, with Tony giving Cap his iron man chest piece, was setting up Cap wearing the suit at the end? And this would have been the culmination of the Tony/Steve relationship conflict coming full circle?

I feel like this would have been a much better payoff than Cap wielding mjolnir which had no dramatic setup in this movie.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else feel like the beginning of the movie, with Tony giving Cap his iron man chest piece, was setting up Cap wearing the suit at the end? And this would have been the culmination of the Tony/Steve relationship conflict coming full circle?

I feel like this would have been a much better payoff than Cap wielding mjolnir which had no dramatic setup in this movie.

Cap wielding Mjolnir has been set up since Ultron and many years before in the comics. It's an extremely iconic moment many fans were waiting for. Iron Cap ? Not really.

Oct 28, 2017
Cap wielding Mjolnir has been set up since Ultron and many years before in the comics. It's an extremely iconic moment many fans were waiting for. Iron Cap ? Not really.

I'm talking about what was planted in this film, not other movies that preceded this one. Out of universe events should have no bearing on what happens in-universe. Literally no one anticipated Cap picking up the hammer except diehard comic book fans.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm talking about what was planted in this film, not other movies that preceded this one. Out of universe events should have no bearing on what happens in-universe. Literally no one anticipated Cap picking up the hammer except diehard comic book fans.

Judging from the crowds screaming when it happened, I don't think so.

Oct 25, 2017
How was Cap almost moving it in Age of Ultron "Out of Universe"? Unless I'm not understanding what your saying.

Oct 28, 2017
Judging from the crowds screaming when it happened, I don't think so.

The scene was cool no doubt, but I'm coming from a place where I wanted this movie to have a tighter focus on Tony and Cap's relationship and what it would take to mend it. I didn't really like how they handled that aspect of the movie. They forgave each other in like two conversations. I wanted something more dramatic and impactful. I thought it would have been an awesome gesture for Steve to don the suit in honor of Tony who was mortally wounded or something. I feel like you needed that after they basically tried to kill each other in CW. The movie teased this potentiality when Tony tells Cap to put that chest piece on and fight Thanos.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Eww, not at all, Iron Cap would've felt hella derivative in comparison

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Derivative of what exactly?

Pepper and Iron Machine are already things, so on top of Iron Cap not being a payoff anyone ever asked for, its kinda boring. Whereas Cap being the 2nd person to ever use Mjolnir in battle is a huge and unexpected big deal, as well as being a great callback.

Iron Cap is the wrong type of cheesy compared to the utter hype and surprise that is Cap finally wielding Mjolnir. You don't need him in the suit to symbolize their relationship or whatever.

Oct 28, 2017
Pepper and Iron Machine are already things, so on top of Iron Cap not being a payoff anyone ever asked for, its kinda boring. Whereas Cap being the 2nd person to ever use Mjolnir in battle is a huge and unexpected big deal, as well as being a great callback.

Iron Cap is the wrong type of cheesy compared to the utter hype and surprise that is Cap finally wielding Mjolnir. You don't need him in the suit to symbolize their relationship or whatever.
Nah, there's no character conflict between Thor and Steve, but there is between Tony and Steve so it has greater emotional payoff. It's not about the act of wielding something, it's about what it means between two characters who've been at odds for three movies and how that division tore the team apart.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, there's no character conflict between Thor and Steve, but there is between Tony and Steve so it has greater emotional payoff. It's not about the act of wielding something, it's about what it means between two characters who've been at odds for three movies and how that division tore the team apart.

But you can buy cap using Mjolnir, but the iron man suit? Considering how complex it is?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

What's the "payoff" of Cap wearing Iron Man's armor. How is that symbolic of conflict resolution?

For both of them, the arcs have been about being MORE than their artificial enhancements. Cap wearing the suit would feel more like corny fan service than a fitting resolution to their squabbling.

The resolution between their beef was that there was no resolution. Their differences define who they are, and it was embracing who they are that allowed them to defeat thanos.

Cap didn't run from Thanos like Tony suggested. He was willing to take in Thanos' entire army solo. That consistent will power and selflessness is paid off by him wielding Mjolnir.

Tony used his natural intellect AND his artificial strength to overcome Thanos, proving once and for all that he's willing to put the greater good before his own personal self interest. In that moment, he redefined what it means to be Iron Man.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So I just rewatched Ragnarok and I only just realized something. Odin dies in Norway and he says, "Remember this place, home." In Endgame New Asgard is in Norway. Was this already obvious to everyone?

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I just rewatched Ragnarok and I only just realized something. Odin dies in Norway and he says, "Remember this place, home." In Endgame New Asgard is in Norway. Was this already obvious to everyone?

it's the same place from Captain America one when Red Skull finds the Tesseract.

Its all connected.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Something happens to Gamora as Quill was searching for her later. I assume Captain Marvel traded blows with Thanos, yes? And Nebula?
I know this post is days old, but I'm just getting around to reading this thread again and you were never really answered satisfactorily, so just in case you still need it:

Gamora's last scene in the movie is the one where she kicks Quill in the balls. Where she went after that is not shown or explained.

Captain Marvel is indeed the second to last person to directly confront Thanos. He has already put on the gauntlet (with all the stones still in it) and she grabbed his gloved hand and prevented him from closing it. Thanos finds himself unable to shake her off, and even headbutts her, to which she doesn't even flinch. She is only finally knocked out when Thanos removes the Power stone from the gauntlet with his free hand and uses it to punch her.

Thanos then returns the Power stone to the gauntlet. Tony looked over at Strange, who simply holds up his pointer finger, indicating "1". Tony attacks Thanos and is quickly shaken off, not realizing that Tony stole the stones from the gauntlet in this brief contact. And I believe you saw the rest.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
I know this post is days old, but I'm just getting around to reading this thread again and you were never really answered satisfactorily, so just in case you still need it:

Gamora's last scene in the movie is the one where she kicks Quill in the balls. Where she went after that is not shown or explained.

Captain Marvel is indeed the second to last person to directly confront Thanos. He has already put on the gauntlet (with all the stones still in it) and she grabbed his gloved hand and prevented him from closing it. Thanos finds himself unable to shake her off, and even headbutts her, to which she doesn't even flinch. She is only finally knocked out when Thanos removes the Power stone from the gauntlet with his free hand and uses it to punch her.

Thanos then returns the Power stone to the gauntlet. Tony looked over at Strange, who simply holds up his pointer finger, indicating "1". Tony attacks Thanos and is quickly shaken off, not realizing that Tony stole the stones from the gauntlet in this brief contact. And I believe you saw the rest.
Thank you for the clarification. It certainly answered some questions that I had.

Oct 28, 2017
Question: if thanos jumps forward in time from his timeline doesn't that forever alter the flow of events? That is, the events of IW never happen because Thanos no longer acquired the stones due to jumping ahead and getting dusted?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Question: if thanos jumps forward in time from his timeline doesn't that forever alter the flow of events? That is, the events of IW never happen because Thanos no longer acquired the stones due to jumping ahead and getting dusted?
Edit: if you're asking about that separate timeline, yes, although then the Guardians don't come together and stop Ronan or Ego.

Last edited:

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
In the timeline that that Thanos jumped from, yes. The main timeline is unaffected.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

So you're saying Back to the Future isn't bullshit?

The past stays the past in this time model. So Loki didn't escape with the tesseract, the Ancient One didn't meet Bruce and let him have the time stone, and so on. Each of those events happened in a divergent timeline. There is certainly a timeline in which Thanos disappeared one fine day and never returned. That fortunate timeline isn't the one from which the story is told.