• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
i just wish they would fix the voice communication bug on PS4 :E everytime a game starts there's someone breathing on a mic and i have to go to options and toggle voice on-off...

Quick and simple fix if you don't want to communicate with others - which in my experience their communication is a) heavy breathing, b) random background noise like what they are having for food or c) the sharing of their music. Create a party in PS4 OS, make it private, enjoy the silence. :-D

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We started talking about this a few pages ago. Consensus was it's not really used, either by people using the canned sayings or by people reading them. How is it so. important to you that you can't/won't play the game until it's fully working again? it's not core to the gameplay loop or required to play.
You mean other than the fact that idiots can hijack my squad from me without me noticing? Or that I can't see any ammo/medic/ride requests from my teammates? Whether or not something is widely used or not should have no bearing on whether or not it's fixed. If something is broken it needs to be fixed.

Also that is not the only reason I haven't been playing. Several other things still have yet to be fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
You mean other than the fact that idiots can hijack my squad from me without me noticing? Or that I can't see any ammo/medic/ride requests from my teammates? Whether or not something is widely used or not should have no bearing on whether or not it's fixed. If something is broken it needs to be fixed.

But most of those are conveyed visually, with the exception of ride requests. Ammo and health have icons on top of the players, and when someone requests an order, there's a prompt on the bottom left of your screen in white text.

I agree though that the option to turn on the chat log should be there.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Played 2 round of Squad Conquest, could see the interest if I had friends to pre-made with.

That being said they could rename it Medic Conquest.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

Also that is not the only reason I haven't been playing. Several other things still have yet to be fixed.

They won't if you give orders. And as Support or Medic you should already be spamming ammo and pouches whenever you're not shooting. It's just not a core feature that's a big deal. Anyway, you've admitted it's not what's really stopping you from playing, so you've answered my question on whether the outrage was hyperbole or not.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I could see some people enjoying Squad Conquest, especially with friends. Forcing randoms to play it though, not good. Loss after loss, some of them were brutal as well. Not a mode suited to people who just want to find a spot and wait for someone to run in front of them.
I got lucky played 4 matches, won 3, I can see it now when I need to win that final part gonna lose a lot.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They won't if you give orders. And as Support or Medic you should already be spamming ammo and pouches whenever you're not shooting. It's just not a core feature that's a big deal. Anyway, you've admitted it's not what's really stopping you from playing, so you've answered my question on whether the outrage was hyperbole or not.
It was not. I am genuinely pissed that DICE continues to not fix their damn game despite it being broken in a variety of ways since launch. I find it fucking ridiculous that they cannot even drag themselves to fix something small like the chat box being broken even though it's been broken for basically 2 months now.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
So does Battlefield V have a active working anti-cheat? I keep seeing it pop on Reddit that they don't. More importantly than that, BFV uses fairfight like previous BF games right? A good public way of illustrating a active anti-cheat is to adopt Rainbow Six Siege and their marketing on public banning. Globally on all platforms, bans for both cheating, boosting other player matchmaking scores, and toxicity are transmitted globally in game as a text line, pretty visible, saying both their name, and their crime for the ban. This serves as a very useful tool in reassuring your playerbase that these incidents are responded to.

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I will have to look tonight. I haven't noticed that on ps4

It only shows up on the squad leader's screen so you'll need to be squad leader and have a buddy requesting orders. I noticed it during one of the ToW weeks where you had squad assignments, and one guy kept spamming the request. I got the visual prompt even without the chat box so I continued to give orders.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
God Squad Conquest really highlights how people don't know what the hell they are doing. I flank around the long way to cap a point because the enemy has all 3, no one spawns on me to help, I cap it alone, no one spawns on the point, I start defending alone getting several kills, still no one spawns to help, the point is lost. Rinse repeat every single game.

At least I got a triple kill with some AP mines. That was fun to watch.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Something is either fundamentally busted in DICE's pipeline or Frostbite engine itself.

Frostbite has been a fucking disaster for EA. Their commitment to using it for every game simply because they don't have to pay for it has been a rolling disaster for years. Even for Battlefield, the reason Frostbite exists, there seems to be a constant stream of disaster for even the most basic shit.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

wgYWL92.png

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Frostbite has been a fucking disaster for EA. Their commitment to using it for every game simply because they don't have to pay for it has been a rolling disaster for years. Even for Battlefield, the reason Frostbite exists, there seems to be a constant stream of disaster for even the most basic shit.
Agreed. I think we can blame the since fired Patrick Soderlund for that push, which was basically a power grab for him. Every studio not DICE has struggled with Frostbite, and even DICE you could argue it's not smooth sailing considering how hot their games tend to launch, and often with less content than expected. It seems to me like DICE's focus is how good something looks first, and perhaps engine flexibility, engine support and team workflow optimization are not such high priorities, which would explain why every other studio has had so many problems.

What gets me in the BF games is the recurring instances of places in the world that you try to step or jump over and it's a comical disaster of trying to get over this seemingly small scenery step. I guess somebody thought the scenery looked great though.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm done with ToW this week. Luckily, I got a good group of randoms and we just stuck with each other the whole time through the assignments, we had a seven game win streak or something until I quit. With that being said I'll probably never touch Squad Conquest again. It's for a few reasons:

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I don't play BF for small 8v8 gameplay. BF is about large cinematic battles. It's about 64 players running around a huge map with a bunch of vehicles and chaos. This is the complete opposite, this felt more like CoD, but not as good as CoD.

The matches are too long. If you're going for intense smaller modes then the timer needs to reflect that. Most of my matches were +10 minutes; ideally they should be around 7-8 minutes for this type of gameplay.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with this one because I had a good group of players. However, team balance is going to be a huge issue. In larger modes, when you have a weak player(s), it's not a big deal because the more players there are the less of an impact one person makes. However, in small modes like this it becomes apparent. This mode is going to be full of players running with full squads all using meta weapons. The casual players will not play this mode at all. I'm a strong player, so it doesn't bother me as much, but I can't see this mode taking off. Pretty much everyone is just going to do their assignments for it and dump it. The only players that are going to be left, like I said before are the full squad +3kd type players.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
It only shows up on the squad leader's screen so you'll need to be squad leader and have a buddy requesting orders. I noticed it during one of the ToW weeks where you had squad assignments, and one guy kept spamming the request. I got the visual prompt even without the chat box so I continued to give orders.
Oh ok. Thanks. Well, at least that's helpful to squad leaders as a reminder to give an order.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They need patch out this footstep audio ASAP, totally ruins the game.
  • Flanking is impossible as you are heard from 1 km out
  • Crouch moving is also loud af
  • Player 1 km out or 1 m out sound same, like he is 1 m out
Does DICE even test this shit?

Edit: Also shame on them for forcing sweats mode on players via Tides

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Who was pushing for the footstep audio change? Youtubers and streamers? I didn't recall having an issue with them before but now they are too loud where it sounds like the person is right beside you but they are actually farther away. It's very weird.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Hold the phone... you become invulnerable now when reviving? WTF?

Who was pushing for the footstep audio change? Youtubers and streamers? I didn't recall having an issue with them before but now they are too loud where it sounds like the person is right beside you but they are actually farther away. It's very weird.

Audio of footsteps to working at all to begin with was extremely broken and RNG from the release. Also it was very quiet, you could sprint up to enemy from behind and he would never hear single step from you.

It was broken.

What they did to them now is even more so, this literally fucks whole game over.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Played my first round of Squad Conquest. It's ok. I guess?

Rounds take too long, <10min would be preferable. As soon as one player in your team leaves, it becomes really hard to win/retain the lead. We only won because someone in the enemy team quit as well and we were overall the stronger team.

And it would be better without tanks.

It's not terrible but not a mode I'd play without the ToW assignments.
Hold the phone... you become invulnerable now when reviving? WTF?
Has to be a bug. I was killed while reviving and killed enemies while they were reviving.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Played three matches Squad Conquest, won three matches Squad Conquest. Never touching it again if I don't have too. It's super boring in my opinion.

Edit: Fuck the last assignment for this week is another win in squad conquest.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
At least in Squad CQ you become invulnerable when squad reviving. Put 3 GW43 rounds through head of reviving player, no even hit markers.

Explains why enemy didn't shoot me when he caught me doing squad revive, he wouldn't dealt any damage to me.
I've been killing people who were reviving in Squad CQ. Must have been some other issue you saw.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
At least in Squad CQ you become invulnerable when squad reviving. Put 3 GW43 rounds through head of reviving player, no even hit markers.

Explains why enemy didn't shoot me when he caught me doing squad revive, he wouldn't dealt any damage to me.
I did have his happen once today, but I assumed it was an invisible obstruction. Wouldn't like to say either way.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Dear God all those unlocks are lame except for those last two outfits. I am thinking I should just cut my losses with this game and play COD.

Also making me play squad conquest. Fuuuuuuuck.

Edit: After one match of squad conquest I never want to play that mode again.

Last edited:

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Now that I have played a few rounds since over 2 weeks or more this game feels so janky compared to BF1 it's unbelievable. So unpolished it's hard to believe it is from the same company. The fucking death cam is downright broken. 90% of the time you stare at a fucking zoomed in wall because somewhere behind this wall, 3 miles away, was someone that killed you. And this is not even a bug. Someone at DICE said "yeah ok, that is good enough, put it in". That is what blows my mind. It's like they have given up. Releasing the game unfinished is one thing, having new bugs come out of nowhere with every patch is another thing but adding something that is not even HALF assed like this in? This is just embarrassing. I am sorry if I am just another of those "complainers" here but it just blows my mind.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the sound very strange. I'm playing with my head phones and I'm hearing stuff from the wrong places. I keep hearing gunfire from place I KNOW no one is at.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Foot steps are freaking punishing when it comes to flanking. And transform most close encounter into one player hiding in a corner because he heard the ennemy and don't want to be heard by the ennemy. It actively promote camping.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
So does Battlefield V have a active working anti-cheat? I keep seeing it pop on Reddit that they don't. More importantly than that, BFV uses fairfight like previous BF games right? A good public way of illustrating a active anti-cheat is to adopt Rainbow Six Siege and their marketing on public banning. Globally on all platforms, bans for both cheating, boosting other player matchmaking scores, and toxicity are transmitted globally in game as a text line, pretty visible, saying both their name, and their crime for the ban. This serves as a very useful tool in reassuring your playerbase that these incidents are responded to.

I bet there isn't any anti-cheat. Countless times I incounter cheaters ingame and report them, the they after there they are again.
The game is a disaster. This is another thing that they aren't able to finish in time for release.
Then we have countless bugs and issues with the game, patch after patch.
No, I'm not going to wish they lose their jobs, but I will not praise they as well.
If I do mistakes at my work, I will be warned, if I keep doing it, eventually I will got replaced.
This is a game for us, but indeed, but we all paid for it, and they got our money. This is a million$ business and they should suffer "some" consequences if they can't deliver quality products.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Kinda amazing how devs clearly think that tank balance is fine as they have done absolutely nothing to address the fact how lightest shits there is can dominate heaviest tanks from range and close so fast it isn't even funny.

Also with current footstep audio design sweatshop gamemodes like Squad CQ are hilarious in wrong way as you can hear enemy movement tens of meters away from you in quiet parts of map. Who thought this is good design?

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Gotta say if you have bad squad mates in Squad Conquest you are fucked.

In normal 64 player Conquest 1 or 2 bad squads can be carried by the rest of the team but in Squad Conquest that just isn't happening... Your entire side is fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.