• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some of the maps they could do:

Midway (Conquest)

Invasion of the Philippines (Conquest Assault)

Coral Sea (some type of sea and air mode)

Guadalcanal (Conquest)

Wake Island (Conquest Assault)

Iwo Jima (Conquest Assault)

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I need Guadalcanal, Wake Island, and Iwo Jima in my veins. I need another 1943 style remake for them

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
What is up with "Tides of War Assignments"?

I can equip them, and they only give chapter XP which would go where, exactly?
Its xp that goes to your chapter rank. You can see your chapter rank in the top right of the menu. Each rank gives you a reward, like a dogtag, weapon skin, clothing etc. You actually got the assignment as one of such rank up rewards.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They probably want to see how popular it is. They are already splintering the player base with Firestorm. Then you'd have three different modes for Firestorm. Most people want to play with their friends (squads) or go it alone (solo). Duo is nice, but it's niche.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can understand the not wanting to have too many game modes thing but there has to be a better way.

I wanted to play Domination the other day and there was not a SINGLE US server in the server browser for it. There were 2 UK and 2 German ones and that was it.

Jan 4, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
NEWS: #Battlefield V Chapter 3 Weekly Challenges

March 28 - April 4: Firestorm Face Paint.
April 4-11: M30 Drilling Skin. April 11-18: Fire Axe Melee Weapon.
April 18-25: Commando Carbine (Medic).
April 25 - May 2: Lahti-Saloranta M26 (Support).
May 2-9: Tromboncino M28 (Medic).

So Carbines coming to the medic class.

3 weeks of cosmetic unlocks are pretty meh. Especially the M30 Drilling.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
So this has been going on since BF1 for my ps4. I can jump into my innitial server just fine, play through a multitude of games, and everthing is fine. However once I leave said server and attempt to join another I get the error message, "connection to the server has time out" This has become a constant problem. I have never had a connectivity problem with any other game, just BF. I even went out and bought a brand new router and the problem persisted. Has anyone encountered this before?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also, a really interesting date mine for the new mode in June. Doesn't seem like a typical 5v5 mode. Sounds like RS siege ish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b4covb/bfv_data_mining_first_5v5_game_mode_details/

5v5 mode (unknown name, scheduled for Tides of War Chapter 4)

Doctrines

Before each match the squad leader has to nominate a "doctrine" for his squad. Doctrines are basically Special Forces from the WW2 era and determine what kind of commandos and bonuses will be available to your squad.

Doctrines I could gather:

• SAS Raiders (Great Britain): "Who Dares Wins"
  • Army Rangers (USA): "Rangers Lead the Way"
  • Devil's Brigade (USA / Canada): no details
  • Volksgrenadiers (Germany): "Tapfer und Treu"
  • MSK (Germany): no details (MSK seems to be the "Marinestoßtruppkompanie")
  • Decima Mas (Italy): "Memento Audere Semper"
The doctrine confirmation is done by the other squad members. The squad can confirm the doctrine or select a new one with a majority vote. The leaders can change their vote.

Classes & Kits

Now every squad member has 30 seconds to choose a class / kit for the fight. These kits seem to be a mix between our current class combat roles and the former more specialized archetypes.

Official game info: "KIT SELECT: Select a specialized Commando or bring a soldier from your Company."

List of the currently available kits:

Captain

• Raid Captain
  • Control Captain

Assault

• Range Assault
  • Saboteur
  • Shock Assault

Medic

• Combat Medic
  • Trauma Surgeon

Support

• Combat Engineer
  • Grenadier
  • Gunner

Recon

• Combat Sniper
  • Infiltrator
  • Tactician

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
So this has been going on since BF1 for my ps4. I can jump into my innitial server just fine, play through a multitude of games, and everthing is fine. However once I leave said server and attempt to join another I get the error message, "connection to the server has time out" This has become a constant problem. I have never had a connectivity problem with any other game, just BF. I even went out and bought a brand new router and the problem persisted. Has anyone encountered this before?
Sorry bud, I've never encountered this problem and I live in remote Canada.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Not saying it's what happened, but it's not completely unlikely they choose to delay the map for a more.. ""empty"" part of the calendar, with the thinking : "they will be busy in April with firestorm anyway, biggest battlefield map ever yadayada".
I see. If that's the thinking, that's just dumb. Not everyone enjoys it and certainly not for an entire month. Only one map after that... It's gonna be rough

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I see. If that's the thinking, that's just dumb. Not everyone enjoys it and certainly not for an entire month. Only one map after that... It's gonna be rough
Might be wrong thought, just saying it's a possibility. It wouldn't be the first game to delay content ready ( sometime already in the game files ) as a way to drip feed content at a constant pace.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Might be wrong thought, just saying it's a possibility. It wouldn't be the first game to delay content ready ( sometime already in the game files ) as a way to drip feed content at a constant pace.
Well i cannot think but you are right. It's single bloody map after all, they were used to work at 4 or six at a time

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe its going to take almost a year for a new faction.

I've kept up with this thread regularly in hopes the game finally gets to a point where I can reinstall it on Origin or even outright buy it on PS4.

But its looking like I might have to wait till fall for that.

Like I said in the other thread, I miss premium.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Can't believe its going to take almost a year for a new faction.

I've kept up with this thread regularly in hopes the game finally gets to a point where I can reinstall it on Origin or even outright buy it on PS4.

But its looking like I might have to wait till fall for that.

Like I said in the other thread, I miss premium.
I miss premium as well. The updates are underwhelming.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Overall, I'm fairly content with it and I'll stick with the game. I really don't know what people were expecting. Do I want more? Of course, we always want more. But it is what it is and I'm fine with it. We are getting Firestorm, three maps, modes, and all the other stuff (weapons, vehicles, cosmetics, and etc.) Then in the fall we are getting America/Japan with at least three maps. However, I do hope they raise the level cap sooner than later. I know they said they are going to do it, but if they wait until Chapter V or something that would be disappointing.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I miss premium as well. The updates are underwhelming.

I don't know what everyone was expecting when they were complaining about Premium... It was the ONLY reason the past BATTLEFIELD games got as much support as they did.

By the end of the two-three year life cycle of BFV, it will still have less support then 1 year of past BATTLEFIELD games.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
are the assignments notification bugged? it doesn't update the progress, you just have to look into the assignment panel to see progress..

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017

I think I vaguely remember something like this happening to me with BF1. I clicked around EA help sections and found a suggestion to open ports, different ones for the console and for the game itself. Try this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Acknowledging that the overall level of support and resources for DLC will be significantly decreased vs older BF games due to no Premium...who the fuck at DICE thinks it's a good idea to keep putting resources into this Combined Arms mode?

Dear DICE: literally nobody cares about Combined Arms, maybe put your limited amount of resources towards actual meaningful content towards the large scale multiplayer. No new maps until May but Combined Arms getting updates and support is just hilarious at this point. Talk about mismanagement.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Combined Arms could actually be fun, if they put more work into it. However, right now, it's just brain dead AI on multiplayer maps. Like having the Division 2 AI in Combined Arms would be great. However, when it's all said and done, I'd rather have them allocate resources elsewhere than using it on CA.

Well I'll eat crow now. Only one guy was working on CA. lol. It doesn't seem like they are using that much on it.

u81ing3qitn21.jpg

Last edited:

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Combined Arms could actually be fun, if they put more work into it. However, right now, it's just brain dead AI on multiplayer maps. Like having the Division 2 AI in Combined Arms would be great. However, when it's all said and done, I'd rather have them allocate resources elsewhere than using it on CA.

Well I'll eat crow now. Only one guy was working on CA. lol. It doesn't seem like they are using that much on it.

u81ing3qitn21.jpg

Oh so Combined Arms was just padding to pretend the game had more? Fuck this game. Between Anthem and BFV, Apex is their only saving Grace for EA at this point. I mean Jesus Christ, the MTX is still not done, for BOTH GAMES. Wtf is wrong with you EA.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

u81ing3qitn21.jpg

I mean if the BFV live service team is as small as I suspect it is, 1 person matters. Would have rather had them working on maps / vehicles / weapons.

Remember that this is the dev team that said they didn't even have enough resources to fully model the interior of a plane for Airborne.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I mean if the BFV live service team is as small as I suspect it is, 1 person matters. Would have rather had them working on maps / vehicles / weapons.

Remember that this is the dev team that said they didn't even have enough resources to fully model the interior of a plane for Airborne.

The Person(s) doing the combined arms stuff and other new modes probably areen't 3D artist, who create maps.

Oct 27, 2017
The Person(s) doing the combined arms stuff and other new modes probably areen't 3D artist, who create maps.

Not an artist, but he must be a pretty handy person if he can implement new co-op scenarios, test, balance, add a new difficulty, and matchmaking all by himself.

On the other hand, the quality of co-op can be explained if one person was making it all by himself:same BFV maps/assets/gameplay, barebones objectives, and the dumbass AI.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That just tells me the team working on this is very small.

Same thing that happened to Battlefront II. I actually called this the moment they announced this would be a GaaS title, but some people refused to believe.

EA/DICE will soon pivot to the next Battlefield anyway.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the other hand, the quality of co-op can be explained if one person was making it all by himself:same BFV maps/assets/gameplay, barebones objectives, and the dumbass AI.

Which raises the question: Why even bother? Is that 1 person handling Combined Arms just completely useless to the teams working on the core MP so they just had to give them something to do and add another pointless, half assed mode so they can pad out content and point to it and say look it's on the list of things we added with our LIVE service!

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
The whole situation surrounding this game is just so disheartening. I enjoyed what I played but once my friend and I hit max rank there just wasn't really anything keeping us in, never had that problem with any previous Battlefield.

Firestorm NEEDS to be F2P.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game could have been FUCKING GREAT and up there with the best BF games ever created if it was allowed one more year of development, PC version is hacker friendly, content is lacking, no firestorm at launch, class balance is piss poor, temp game modes is a dumb idea, etc....

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
F2P Firestorm isn't something I want to see atm. Look at the amount of cheaters now. You think that's bad? Imagine if FS was F2P.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
With respect to the community here one issue that hasn't been brought up yet is how maps blend with all these new game modes. I don't want great maps that aren't fluent with great game modes (Rush, Grand Operations etc.) This roadmap looks like Dice being patient, I don't care what anyone says.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Say what you will about Combined Arms, at least it's a better practice range than the actual Practice Range. Loadouts, actual model targets, MP environments/obstacles etc. If it takes minimal effort it's at the very least a decent substitute for offline maps as the coverage of availible areas increases... I don't object to having a guy playing around with the idea.

I'll get more use out of that than the complete waste of time that is non-conquest maps/modes that divides the playerbase.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F2P Firestorm isn't something I want to see atm. Look at the amount of cheaters now. You think that's bad? Imagine if FS was F2P.
F2P doesn't mean more hackers if the devs actually care enough to have an actual functional anti-cheat and in-game reporting function.

DICE shooters always become infested with cheaters. Battlefront 1 and 2 have tons of cheaters that go unpunished. PUBG is paid and also full of cheaters.

Meanwhile Apex Legends has already banned close to 500K cheaters because the devs care and the anticheat works.

F2P works fine if the devs genuinely care about player experience and have faith and support in their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.