• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I agree with you. Semi automatic rifles will still dominate. DICE should have just made semi automatic rifles available for all classes IMO.

Move shotguns to Assault. Move semi-auto rifles to Medic. Add scope glint to all 3x scopes.

All classes now have equal weapon choice and the glint prevents Medics from sitting back too far and playing sniper.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
To each his own but I personally absolutely do not want to see Medic get the upper hand in mid to long range weapon wise. Having both the weapon advantage, and attrition advantage with infinite health regen is the least thing I want to see in the game.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
To each his own but I personally absolutely do not want to see Medic get the upper hand in mid to long range weapon wise. Having both the weapon advantage, and attrition advantage with infinite health regen is the least thing I want to see in the game.
Just another reason why the garbage attrition mechanics needs to go then.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why is it garbage exactly? It's literally never been a problem for me since launch.
Because all it does is force players to remove themselves from battle constantly to hunt down ammo or health stations unless they are lucky enough to have teammates that actually heal or drop ammo. That it also holds the game back from being properly balanced, ie having Medics that have weapons with range is just the cherry on top. It's one of many absolutely astoundingly stupid design decisions they made with BFV and the game would be better in every single way if it was removed.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Because all it does is force players to remove themselves from battle constantly to hunt down ammo or health stations unless they are lucky enough to have teammates that actually heal or drop ammo. That it also holds the game back from being properly balanced, ie having Medics that have weapons with range is just the cherry on top. It's one of many absolutely astoundingly stupid design decisions they made with BFV and the game would be better in every single way if it was removed.
Agree with most of this. It's more like a miracle than luck you need to get supplies from team mates. The idea that the medic would stick with his squad has been pretty solidly demolished. If you pick the class, you need to run about like a maniac, dodging in and out of cover. The ammo crate might as well not exist, I'd love to see the numbers for it.

Edit: It's quite funny as well that they've made the assault the most popular class, of course it's the class that's not really got a team function. All that return to teamwork talk before release is a bit mind boggling.

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with some of these TOW objectives is that they encourage bad play. Like the last goal this week. I could try to capture an objective for my team, but kills in that area won't count towards the goal unless it is controlled by the enemy team. So I'm better off letting the enemy take the flag, then shoot at them to get the required kills for the goal. It's just so dumb.

Additionally, challenging goals are okay, but many of these are just annoying or stupid. Vehicles are finite in the game, and when you make goals based around them, you cause a mad rush for the vehicles so people can complete the goals.

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any spectating on ps4? I wanna take some screenshots, is it feasible? Like would I be able to turn off the HUD and just move the camera around and pause?

Search for a server and you can join as a spectator. It's really nicely featured. I joked earlier in this thread that they should get the spectator mode devs to do more of the main game 😉. Not sure if you can pause though.

A mortar is the last thing this game needs.

PIAF acts like a mini mortar already when you use the map 😁

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just stopping by to say I hate the assault class. It's too good. I'm honestly curious why the sniper scope glint exists. The snipers aren't some super powered soldier. That's the assault class. It's dumb.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
My contraversial opinion is that ToW challenges do some good. I enjoyed SC and this week it's been like playing old school Battlefield...everyone is piling into vehicles and racing across the map! Some weeks the challenges really do encourage people to do something other than prone on the edge of the map.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
2 headshots(in 1.5secs) with the ZH-29 and the person is still alive even if they healed the second one should kill it was less than 10meters, sheeeesh Netcode is fucking ass...one day this game will leave beta, one day..

Oct 25, 2017
My contraversial opinion is that ToW challenges do some good. I enjoyed SC and this week it's been like playing old school Battlefield...everyone is piling into vehicles and racing across the map! Some weeks the challenges really do encourage people to do something other than prone on the edge of the map.

It can encourage good behavior, sure, but I doubt it's lasting behavior.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Had my first angry person in chat accusing me of being a hacker/cheater today.

Considering last week I was told I suck and should quit the game I feel this is an improvement.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't even get this last guy because he's out of bounds and won't move. I ran in and killed him, but I couldn't get back in time. Why am I torturing myself playing this?
can-t-get.png

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I love killing players like this.

So there is this dude that is 10-0 in his Spitfire VA. So I spawn in a Stuka B-2 and own him. He sits on the respawn screen and waits for another plane. I kill him again and again he waits. This goes on until I kill him five times. He eventually gives up and spawns a medic. A few seconds later he quits.

I can't stand players that just sit on the respawn screen and wait for vehicles. I have 22 hours with planes and another 18 with tanks and I never waited on the respawn screen. If there is a vehicle there when I respawn, cool I'll take it, if not whatever.

Players that just sit in the respawn screen not matter what to get a vehicle are the worst.

Also lol:

ss4agdj2t7h21.png

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Fuck this games lack of spawn protection, I literally just went on a death streak were I got killed before the game had even finished the re-spawn animation. Someone even left mines where the Tank Destroyer spawns on a round of breaktrhough, so I spawned into that immediately blew up wasting my fucking time and points.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Hit level 20 with Recon and that's a wrap for the classes. Took me longer than expected...because I don't play much Recon.

So that's level 50, all classes at 20. I'd level up the guns but I don't give a fuck.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Eight days of playtime and my Recon is 14, lol. I don't like the bolt action rifles and the SLRs are junk. I've been leveling my Recon with Combined Arms, so I guess it's good for something.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this games lack of spawn protection, I literally just went on a death streak were I got killed before the game had even finished the re-spawn animation. Someone even left mines where the Tank Destroyer spawns on a round of breaktrhough, so I spawned into that immediately blew up wasting my fucking time and points.

Dice
did learn this lesson after 6 months for Bf1, I remember stacking 3 mines at the location where tanks spawn.

Dice also implemented mine cluster limitations to prevent 100 to 0 stacking.

I really hope that lessons learned with previous bfs arent forgotten

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I love killing players like this.

So there is this dude that is 10-0 in his Spitfire VA. So I spawn in a Stuka B-2 and own him. He sits on the respawn screen and waits for another plane. I kill him again and again he waits. This goes on until I kill him five times. He eventually gives up and spawns a medic. A few seconds later he quits.

I can't stand players that just sit on the respawn screen and wait for vehicles. I have 22 hours with planes and another 18 with tanks and I never waited on the respawn screen. If there is a vehicle there when I respawn, cool I'll take it, if not whatever.

Players that just sit in the respawn screen not matter what to get a vehicle are the worst.

Also lol:

ss4agdj2t7h21.png
Lol

Love that meme format

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
"Kill 20 enemies while in an objective area in 1 life"

This is actually one of the requirements for one of the unlockable ToW assignments.

YEAH OKAY

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
me and a buddy played some last night and I am just getting tired of the game. Im pretty close to just dropping it altogether, I think. All of the dumb shit I see going on, the same maps over and over and over again are really wearing on me.

Just give me bad company 2 again, PLEASE.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"Kill 20 enemies while in an objective area in 1 life"

This is actually one of the requirements for one of the unlockable ToW assignments.

YEAH OKAY
As totally dumb as that is, it's unnecessary. I'm on that assignment now, and iirc you need 2/3 which includes "win 10 rounds" and "destroy 3 vehicles in 1 round".

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
As totally dumb as that is, it's unnecessary. I'm on that assignment now, and iirc you need 2/3 which includes "win 10 rounds" and "destroy 3 vehicles in 1 round".

Yeah it's like "Kill the entire enemy team with your knife in one round while taking no damage... OR, build 5 sandbags."

Yeah, no, I think I will just build the 5 sandbags.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Whoever designed Hamada as the breakthrough map had their head way up their own ass.

At the start of the map, the defenders have a superiority in elevation, they start with two airplanes and lots of AA defences and cannons.

The attackers, gets one tank and two airplanes and have to attack through two chokepoints. The planes gets chewed up by AA right at the start of the match and the tank EITHER gets taken by an idiot who places it waaaaaay at the back of the map to take some potshots at the defenders or it just gets immediately bombed by the defender airplanes who have more or less full air superiority to the map.

Plus, the only resupply point for the attacking tanks are IN THE GODDAMN MIDDLE OF THE AREA WHERE ALL THE DEFENDERS AND MINES ARE!

It is so fucking bad I wanna scream into a pillow.

Plus the lack of team balancing scripts.

I am starting to see why I have stopped playing Battlefield...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
zma1013 That's not actually accurate. I've done that assignment and you don't have to do it in one life. Although that doesn't really make it any better that they can't figure out how to even write the directions lol
Oh, so it's "in 1 round" presumably. That's not the first assignment I've seen with the same issue. That shouldn't be happening 3 months after release.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so it's "in 1 round" presumably. That's not the first assignment I've seen with the same issue. That shouldn't be happening 3 months after release.
Honestly I'm not even sure it's one round. I slowly added kills to it if I recall correctly.

I'll be honest I'm loving this game far more than most players but it's got so many issues it's ridiculous. I can only hope that it doesn't ruin the next BF chances

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wouldn't the flashing screen glitch when at the squad spawn screen actually be legitimately harmful for some people? How hasn't it been hot fixed yet.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Assignments for this game is copy and paste, i feel like they built the assignments for one class, then copy and pasted the same shit to every class then look at some of the assignments and changed them based on class...

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I couldn't even get this last guy because he's out of bounds and won't move. I ran in and killed him, but I couldn't get back in time. Why am I torturing myself playing this?
can-t-get.png
I am not a fan of these modes where the spawn area is off limits. Especially during this week's ToW I've seen tanks sitting in no man's land pounding away at control points and there's little if anything you can do.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I think the Mediterranean Theatre is coming next.

-Battle of Greece.

-Italian uniforms are already in the game.

-Sicily "bug" (I find it really hard to believe; it was just a bug and doesn't mean anything).

-They want to focus on lesser known battles and the Mediterranean Theatre fits that. It also started in June 1940, which would make sense with them following a timeline. The Siege of Malta would make for an interesting map.

Malta-CIA_WFB_Map.png

-There is a bunch of concept art for it.

9u5z4cnqdek11.jpg
Last one is Monte Cassino tho.

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't the flashing screen glitch when at the squad spawn screen actually be legitimately harmful for some people? How hasn't it been hot fixed yet.

BF1 had the "hotfixes" once a month. When they broke the plane icons or tank armor, it took an entire month for the hotfix to undo it. I abused it, I was rolling 30+ kills with no deaths on a tank because most people were still using the penetrating shells/rockets (which were always deflected) instead of explosive shells which weren't affected by the bug.

I didn't realize the value of support back then, playing League of Legends, where upon discovering a major bug, the champion/item was disabled and hotfixed in a day...

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
You can do it with any tank or half-track as well as the squad called in tank killer which is a blast to use from just outside an objective if you can stay out of dangers way. The key is the objective has to be in enemy hands. It doesn't count if it's neutral or your team's color. Also the enemy has to be in the objective when you kill them.

I found the easiest way to get the assignment was to either tank/half-track snipe B on arras from the hill just over the (UK?) Spawn since the opposing team always stays fighting for B. Or alternatively you can take a tank up above E on twisted steel and face the tank towards both E and B. There's tons of enemies down there all match long. I finished the assignment in 1 1/2 matches after finding those two spots. Just make sure the objective is red and you'll get the kills needed

I ended up going 40-2 on twisted just laying waste to E and letting my guys cap it over and over again lol

Just wanted to say thanks for the help/tips on this Captjohnboyd

Status
Not open for further replies.