Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
The chapter sounds whack and raises so many questions.

If Power lives on in her blood because Denji consumed it, does that mean all devils Pochita has consumed the blood of live inside of it? So is it possible it's not erasing the devils but imprisoning them?

Also, Power would have been under Makima's control because all the humans and devils at the Public Safety Devil Hunters are but she clearly isn't any more. Did Makima just decide she didn't need Power any more so that was that or is something else going on?
They way Pochita words it makes it sounds like it's more because she's a Blood Demon. In fact, I think we're seeing her true "demon form" and not her possesing a corpse like before. Note that it was previously mentioned that possesing corpses to be "devil men" weakens a devil a lot.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The suffering never ends just on Pause
Sad but true
Don't worry, normal suffering will resume shortly.
6c6.gif

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
There are
  • Devil
  • Fiend (Devil + Corpse)
  • Hybrid (Human + Devil)
Don't mixed up these 3
Power were fiend before. Now likely a devil.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this chapter. I love having Power back, and while I'm sure Fujimoto will plunge the knife in once again... for the time being, YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH POWER!

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so... are we rooting against Makima? Like yeah she's a villain and her plan has resulted in millions of innocent people dead but she's basically almost done with her plan. It's either rooting for her, or rooting for Pochita in Denji's body to wild out. And if Denji does come back, his life will probably be more of a living hell than it already was, because he tasted what a good life was and then had it destroyed in front of him.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Wait so... are we rooting against Makima? Like yeah she's a villain and her plan has resulted in millions of innocent people dead but she's basically almost done with her plan. It's either rooting for her, or rooting for Pochita in Denji's body to wild out. And if Denji does come back, his life will probably be more of a living hell than it already was, because he tasted what a good life was and then had it destroyed in front of him.
Makima's whole purpose is to make Denji's life a living hell and her plans about eating the Devils wouldn't work since we've seen that some concepts don't get erased completely, if she were to have Chainsaw eat a devil like Death or Famine all it would do is make the general population ignorant to those problems

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Makima's whole purpose is to make Denji's life a living hell and her plans about eating the Devils wouldn't work since we've seen that some concepts don't get erased completely, if she were to have Chainsaw eat a devil like Death or Famine all it would do is make the general population ignorant to those problems
Which eaten Devil concepts are still around? My point is more that the point where we needed Makima to be stopped has been long passed. It's like the Good Intention-Paved Road to Hell is 90% finished lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Which eaten Devil concepts are still around? My point is more that the point where we needed Makima to be stopped has been long passed. It's like the Good Intention-Paved Road to Hell is 90% finished lol
The weapon devils

And the mission is to save Denji, he's only in this state because of Powers death and now that she's back it'll be easier to snap him out it, on the Good Intention-Paved Road to Hell is 90% finished part Denji and Poochita could have already done any good thing she wanted without her, they're the Heroes of the story but the problem here is how she tries to control people

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Also: random thing I thought of last week while reading the chapter but didn't post about.

So, Power's Demon form, aside from having features similar to Chainsawman (Four Arms, intestines, etc), is female. Now, Devil's tend to have grotesque forms that somehow vaguely embody their concept, if reasonably possible. It's kind of odd that "she's a woman in some sense, you could maybe argue.

Power's True form is a naked woman. She's a blood demon.

I'm sorry for putting that mental image in your heads. But I guess we know why Power's a she now!
But, am I really sorry?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've seen people talking about the next issue having the same announcement for this ending as they did for Demon Slayer ending. Anyone know what that's about?

Edit: Ah nevermind I see it was just some confusion

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't think Chainsawman is ending anytime soon
this chapter gives Denji a new goal

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
"Tatsuki Fujimoto's "Chainsaw Man" enters its 'Final Phase' with Leading Color Page in the upcoming WSJ #49 (2020) out November 9. Worth noting it's also marked "Super Climax" in the preview."

This is what is going around, do with it what you will.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
They use the word climax often. I think it was used for the last arc too. But if the raws say enters its final phase then that seems like it's ending soon.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Tatsuki Fujimoto's "Chainsaw Man" enters its 'Final Phase' with Leading Color Page in the upcoming WSJ #49 (2020) out November 9. Worth noting it's also marked "Super Climax" in the preview."

This is what is going around, do with it what you will.

The manga isn't going anywhere any time soon. As I understand it is extremely popular and an anime adaptation is happening. Of course nobody knows how long the manga will run for, and I'm personally happy for it to end on its own terms rather than get dragged out for hundreds of chapters, but there is no indication we're reaching the end yet. If anything it feels like we've only just been introduced to the main villain.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The manga isn't going anywhere any time soon. As I understand it is extremely popular and an anime adaptation is happening. Of course nobody knows how long the manga will run for, and I'm personally happy for it to end on its own terms rather than get dragged out for hundreds of chapters, but there is no indication we're reaching the end yet. If anything it feels like we've only just been introduced to the main villain.
When they say final phase things can still stretch for quite a while. I think Promised Neverland ran for another year after they announced it. Beastars was similar. So Chainsaw could easily still run until the end of the year.
But that its ending soon seems all but confirmed. We will find out on sunday. The editor will likely clarify it on twitter.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fujimoto said in an interview that he will end the series when he thinks it's time and that he has so many ideas for other manga. He's not the type to drag things out. The main thrusts of the story were the relationships between Denji and others especially Makima and Aki, the Gun Devil, and the secret of Pochita/Chainsaw Man. All of these are resolved or in the process of resolving. I think we're in the end game and can see it ending in 6 months or less.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we have maybe 6 months left on the upper end but it's hard to say with much precision. Didn't Fujimoto say that he likes to keep people guessing about when the actual end will be?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah we have maybe 6 months left on the upper end but it's hard to say with much precision. Didn't Fujimoto say that he likes to keep people guessing about when the actual end will be?
He did but announcing that it ends beforehand kinda spoils that lol. Sounds like at least another final arc, so it ends around chapter 100 is my guess.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not worried - Makima will be defeated but not killed, Denji will have some side-adventures with another gang of not-demons, and then we'll eventually go back to Hueco Mun- the demon afterlife and we'll be fighting not-Nazis for a few years.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried - Makima will be defeated but not killed, Denji will have some side-adventures with another gang of not-demons, and then we'll eventually go back to Hueco Mun- the demon afterlife and we'll be fighting not-Nazis for a few years.

I do think Denji will escape Makima somehow and have to go on the run and, now that her true intentions have been revealed, Kishibe and everyone else that wants to kill Makima have to figure out a way to break her contract with the Prime Minister before she corners Denji again.

We can't forget that every country on the planet wants to keep Denji from Makima, so you can absolutely introduce new characters from other countries that have their own Devil Hunters. Some may want to kill Denji before Makima can get to him, others may want to protect him from her or use him for their own purposes.

Plus angels exist, right? That's another angle you could explore.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think I'm going to give this series a read. I'm onto chapter four and I'm already fairly interested in seeing what happens next. I love how Denji just goes straight to kneeing that guys nuts.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Crying in the club, we get Power back and she's immediately gone forever.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crying in the club, we get Power back and she's immediately gone forever.

Don't be silly. She made a contract with Denji which he is definitely going to fulfil. We haven't properly explored Hell yet and that's the perfect excuse for Denji to go there. Considering Denji needs to somehow avoid Makima, Hell is the last place she'll want to go. The devils that embody primal fears want Denji's heart for themselves - they'd never let Makima get anywhere near him.

The best part is Makima let slip there are many, many devils in Hell that worship the Chainsaw Man. What better way to defeat her in the final battle than to lead an army of devils who choose to follow Chainsaw Man against an army of devils enslaved by Makima?

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember people saying that this "devils get reborn in hell" concept is too theoretically and "Denji going to hell to get his comrades back" thing won't happen. Now what?
And my man Kishibe got Denjis back as well. Love how that turned out now!!
Will hopefully end in an all out devil war as stated above!

Chapter 91 Open Spoilers

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love all the callbacks in this chapter.

In the very first chapter, right before he died, Denji told Pochita that he wanted to eat good food, flirt with a girl, play videogames and fall asleep in her arms. That was his dream and, thanks to Power, he did all those things. That's why he lost the will to live when Makima killed Power, because he truly did believe he had done everything he wanted to do and without his friends and with Makima's promise to destroy anything good in his life, Denji believed he had nothing to live for. So in giving him a contract to find her, Power has given Denji something to live for and snapped him out of that hopelessness. It's pretty damn fantastic and further messes up Makima's plans because she clearly thought she had gotten Denji out of the way.

I really like that the tiny dumpster Power and Denji talked in and made their contract together is the same one that Pochita and Denji talked in and made their contract together, too.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is very hard to predict this story's plot

Same with all their stories, really. But it's done in such a way that it's still plausible and makes sense. Tropes just get eaten alive in his series.

Only thing I'm worried about is with popularity, longer form series etc; is that future chainsaw man, or future series going forward just tries to be wacky, zany for the sake of it, but not because it's fun or clever like it currently is.

Kinda like a Tim Burton situation, in terms of creativity over the years.