Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I think many people would be overjoyed if ERA had the courage to stand up and say "No" when it comes to banning CDPR threads. I suspect the vast majority would be incensed though, after all we're apparently happy to hype and cheer for Ubisoft despite what they have been party to.

And I think that the spirit of the rule is not so complex to understand. "New News, new thread" Yeah but perhaps blindly doing that for problematic publishers which can be said to be actively Transphobic is perhaps lacking in empathy and tact.

My main issue is double standards. Literally few months ago we had Ubisoft exposed and we didn't have these restrictions, we had various other publishers and developers participating in various toxic and damaging things including violations of human rights (factories that basically use people as slaves) and again nothing.

That is why I just want them to take clear stance.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Especially since other threads like this ones are allowed to stay open:
www.resetera.com

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reveal trailer has over 10 million views (Twitter + YouTube) in less than 24 hours

This is probably going to be the highest selling COD title of this gen or the 2nd highest selling after Black Ops III (correct me if wrong) 6,28 million views on Twitter 4,6 million views on YouTube
www.resetera.com

Paper Mario: The Origami King Announcement Trailer has over 2 million views in 15 hours

Really impressive so far, I would think. For retrospect, Paper Mario: Color Splash announcement trailer only has 567k views
This is a weird thing to complain about since if anything those threads should probably get closed too. Maybe cyberpunk can set the precedent that we don't need 100 hype threads for every game.

but at the very least I think we should all acknowledge that cyberpunk is in a bit of a different situation than most games due to how the trans community justifiably feels about the game and especially due to its release/final hype push being near trans awareness week. Since it's clear that many people here are at least aware of those facts I don't think it'd asking too much for all of us just to shut up and respect their wishes. It would be nice for the mods to make a clear statement on the issue instead of acting like this is just business as usual, but the mods on era aren't known for their consistency and transparency. They're clearly trying to have it both ways and are just upsetting both the cyberpunk fandom and the trans community on this site. However I think it should be pretty obvious that transEra's feelings on this issue are a little more important than the rest of our feelings since at the end of the day cyberpunk is just a dumb video game whereas transphobia is something trans people have to deal with every day in the real world.

Since our wonderful, self-centered mods can't muster up the courage make a clear statement on the issue outside of the same mod post they've been copying and pasting for the past several months which doesn't cover thread creation guidelines, I think it's on us as a community to just do the right thing and show transEra some respect. That should go without saying, but some posts in this thread and others have me wondering if it is actually so obvious. So let's stop complaining about the threads getting closed and just keep discussion to the already existing OTs. There's certainly no shortage of them. It's not like people are getting banned for making threads, so at least the mods aren't punishing people for their own incompetence. The threads are just getting closed, and if you understand the context surrounding this game I think it's easy to empathize with why that is.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
All the different abilities get me excited about how they might be used in conjunction with the level design, the combat looks pretty amazing for a first person RPG, choices seem to matter and it looks absolutely insane. Cannot wait, it's like a Bethesda RPG 10 years from now.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you should see youtube views for other new games, even months later they didnt reach those view counts. also like i mentioned in my previous post, there are threads like this on era for many other games about youtube views for game trailers.

Well maybe you should this thread so, https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd...-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/

I know I myself have become immune to noticing stickied threads from years of forum use and only noticed it after it was mentioned elsewhere.

It's a great thread and then you'll understand why people are trying to post less CP 2077 threads.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
unnecessary? news deserve new threads, thats how its been with every other game on here.
So, news about a game is more important than limiting the amount of threads because of transphobia?
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

Jun 1, 2018
This is a weird thing to complain about since if anything those threads should probably get closed too. Maybe cyberpunk can set the precedent that we don't need 100 hype threads for every game.

but at the very least I think we should all acknowledge that cyberpunk is in a bit of a different situation than most games due to how the trans community justifiably feels about the game and especially due to its release/final hype push being near trans awareness week. Since it's clear that many people here are at least aware of those facts I don't think it'd asking too much for all of us just to shut up and respect their wishes. It would be nice for the mods to make a clear statement on the issue instead of acting like this is just business as usual, but the mods on era aren't known for their consistency and transparency. They're clearly trying to have it both ways and are just upsetting both the cyberpunk fandom and the trans community on this site. However I think it should be pretty obvious that transEra's feelings on this issue are a little more important than the rest of our feelings since at the end of the day cyberpunk is just a dumb video game whereas transphobia is something trans people have to deal with every day.

Since our wonderful, self-centered mods can't muster up the courage make a clear statement on the issue outside of the same mod post they've been copying and pasting for the past several months which doesn't cover thread creation guidelines, I think it's on us as a community to just do the right thing and show transEra some respect. That should go without saying, but some posts in this thread and others have me wondering if it is actually so obvious. So let's stop complaining about the threads getting closed and just keep discussion to the already existing OTs. There's certainly no shortage of them. It's not like people are getting banned for making threads, so at least the mods aren't punishing people for their own incompetence. The threads are just getting closed, and if you understand the context surrounding this game I think it's easy to empathize with why that is.
I agree with your post, will only post news now in the spoiler and non spoiler threads instead of creating new threads.

Well maybe you should this thread so, https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd...-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/

I know I myself have become immune to noticing stickied threads from years of forum use and only noticed it after it was mentioned elsewhere.

It's a great thread and then you'll understand why people are trying to post less CP 2077 threads.

I just clicked on the thread you linked. Its just disappointing to see that the first post Im seeing is where one is spreading hate and calling me a "clueless tech shitposter" in the pinned thread instead of trying to engage in a convo with me. I never even posted in that thread. Still dont understand how that behaviour is allowed.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Hell @ 17 million views in 3 days!

N6wCNM6.gif

I must have missed this being released. Game looks pretty crazy, i'll still be shocked if it actually comes out on the 10th. Even more when I click that download button on Steam.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Maybe you should see youtube views for other new games, even months later they didnt reach those view counts. also like i mentioned in my previous post, there are threads like this on era for many other games about youtube views for game trailers.

I would like to repeat my question a third time..
Are these other companies actively transphobic? Is it coming off the back of trans awareness week where this thread itself was shut for 24 hours as a mark of respect and to make people "aware"? Is there a sticky on the first page for these other companies and games clearly stating the issues and examples of their transphobia? Does context matter? Does context instruct real life laws, much less the "rules" of a games forum?

And all that is ignoring whether we actually "need" any "Look at how many views this video on youtube has" threads for ANYTHING?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is issues surrounding CDPR and CP77 airing just how much total waste of space and unnecessary hype posting / threading is allowed on ERA? 🤔

Also after all the shit dev teams and publishers and HW companies have been exposed for doing and engaging in at regular basis this was what broke camels back on ERA.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Mods should just stop dancing around and sitting on 2 chairs. Either ban any talk about CP2077 or treat it as any other game release. Remember it is their own rule "new news, new thread".
I will they stop half assing it, honestly. Either people are allowed to be excited about one of the biggest games of the year on one of the biggest gaming message boards on the internet or they're not. Either discussion is allowed or its not. The current solution is not making anybody happy, and its only gonna get worse once the review thread/OT arrives.
Agree with both of these posts.

Just make a decision.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Is issues surrounding CDPR and CP77 airing just how much total waste of space and unnecessary hype posting / threading is allowed on ERA? 🤔

Also after all the shit dev teams and publishers and HW companies have been exposed for doing and engaging in at regular basis this was what broke camels back on ERA.
Honestly it should just be one pre release thread for every game. And then update the title and add threadmarks when new trailers/info releases. A second thread for spoilers if the game leaks/early copies are sent out.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with your post, will only post news now in the spoiler and non spoiler threads instead of creating new threads.

I just clicked on the thread you linked. Its just disappointing to see that the first post Im seeing is where one is spreading hate and calling me a "clueless tech shitposter" in the pinned thread instead of trying to engage in a convo with me. I never even posted in that thread. Still dont understand how that behaviour is allowed.

You're free to be willfully ignorant about the ongoing discussion around CP 2077 in that thread but you can't be surprised if you upset people inadvertently by refusing to inform yourself.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The current decision seems relatively obvious to me. Limit fluff hype threads like those for 14 second adverts or view counts, and keep discussion to main threads like this one where people like Black Chamber work to foster a continuous thread and update it. After all of this, posting one just because a video has been watched a lot, which could easily be celebrated and discussed here, before throwing your hands up in exasperation when it's locked is odd as it seems entirely predictable.

I'm not vying to see all topics around CP77 banned, and as Tovarisc mentioned I think it's probably of benefit in general to have more specific hype threads for things instead of splitting conversation across numerous ones. The spoiler thread has a distinct purpose and aim and is still up. There - to me at least - seems to be a clear difference between the layout of that and posting one for a new Twitter ad or similar.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My main issue is double standards. Literally few months ago we had Ubisoft exposed and we didn't have these restrictions, we had various other publishers and developers participating in various toxic and damaging things including violations of human rights (factories that basically use people as slaves) and again nothing.

Totally I agree, I think its disgusting Ubisoft tried (and succeded) in making everyone forget about their actions and we in some way help by carrying on as if nothing had happened.
And perhaps the Mods need to be clearer too, but after all we could be the change we want to see without needing to be policed by mods, being aware and thinking twice about whether to post a "x million views on a video thread" blindly without thinking context matters.

After all in some cases its hard to cover every angle with a simple rule and thats when context matters, just because the mods haven't specifically said "for Cyberpunk do X" doesn't mean we shouldn't expect people to consider if only for a moment "is this that important, is anyone upset at company x? why? Would another "pointless" thread help at all?"

After all the Op for the spoiler thread, at least made the effort to address the situation and pre-empt people being upset in their OP. They showed some consideration before posting.

2000 posts of examples of transphobia, suicide attempts, having rights taken away, being hounded and demonized by the press, and thats the one you engage with, thats the one that really gets you angry?

Oh well pack it up trans ERA! Someone was rude to Marzoo.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I will they stop half assing it, honestly. Either people are allowed to be excited about one of the biggest games of the year on one of the biggest gaming message boards on the internet or they're not. Either discussion is allowed or its not. The current solution is not making anybody happy, and its only gonna get worse once the review thread/OT arrives.

It is a difficult to balance being a game forum and also letting everyone speak about their believes, gender, politics, etc. It is difficult to take any stance without alienating or offending any person. I honestly believe the mods dont know how to handle this.
I for one am also curious how they handled people of color in this game. So far what i have seen has been pretty stereotypicall and im not happy with that. So i can understand the transgender people and community, because it looks like CDPR are not only deaf but it looks like they are doing it on purpose by not listening.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
unnecessary? news deserve new threads, thats how its been with every other game on here.
YouTube views is not news, there's no in-depth discussion to be had. It's just a fluff hype thread. Also for other YouTube view trailer threads which are also unnecessary, at least they're not usually for companies with abusive work practices and blatant bigotry. I didn't see any views threads for Ubisoft games this year. There was one for Naughty Dog but that was last year when crunch articles weren't heavily discussed. There was a views thread for Hogwarts Legacy and it was closed because fuck JK Rowling. Even then, they're all pretty pointless and just serve as empty calories.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we need threads for every little thing related to the game and that's seems to be kind of what's happening?

2000 posts of examples of transphobia, suicide attempts, having rights taken away, being hounded and demonized by the press, and thats the one you engage with, thats the one that really gets you angry?

Oh well pack it up trans ERA! Someone was rude to Marzoo.

I mean it's on the last page of the thread. Bit weird to jump on him for the first post he see's in the thread is someone shitting on him but maybe that's me. He should read it regardless though, it's good to get the persepctive of people who the issues with CDPR actually affect.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i think mods should either ban discussion about this game or not. There are plenty of socially and politically dubious games and pubs out there. In fact i wouldnt even be upset or anything if all cyberpunk or witcher talk was perma banned here, just like we ban influencers with problematic views. I understand why mods would take that stance even if im excited for the game. Plus there are other sites to discuss and hype the game like the subreddit and discord. Its a tricky subject, its a highly anticipated game, but in many ways it does not represent the core values of inclusion that era seeks to uphold. The weird rules around discussion arent great i think. Same with thq nordic games. Ban them, or dont.
Either way i think the mods are doing the best they can, this balance is difficult to maintain im sure.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I for one am also curious how they handled people of color in this game. So far what i have seen has been pretty stereotypicall and im not happy with that. So i can understand the transgender people and community, because it looks like CDPR are not only deaf but it looks like they are doing it on purpose by not listening.
I remember there was a bit of a controversy surrounding the Vodoo Boys (a Haitian gang) and CDPR said they were actively working with Haitian consultants, so I'm somewhat confident it won't be too bad in the final game. And for what it's worth, Cyberpunk 2020's creator, Mike Pondsmith, is black and working closely with the team.

I think it will - at the very leat - be a considerable step up from The Witcher 3.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Totally I agree, I think its disgusting Ubisoft tried (and succeded) in making everyone forget about their actions and we in some way help by carrying on as if nothing had happened.
And perhaps the Mods need to be clearer too, but after all we could be the change we want to see without needing to be policed by mods, being aware and thinking twice about whether to post a "x million views on a video thread" blindly without thinking context matters.

After all in some cases its hard to cover every angle with a simple rule and thats when context matters, just because the mods haven't specifically said "for Cyberpunk do X" doesn't mean we shouldn't expect people to consider if only for a moment "is this that important, is anyone upset at company x? why? Would another "pointless" thread help at all?"

After all the Op for the spoiler thread, at least made the effort to address the situation and pre-empt people being upset in their OP. They showed some consideration before posting.
Good point. Mods have stated that it is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and that the game can be discussed on the forum but the least we can do as a community is to take the feelings of TransEra into consideration when creating new threads. And I don't think hype threads celebrating YouTube views are the best way to go in that regard. We can keep that kind of information to this pre-release OT.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think we need threads for every little thing related to the game and that's seems to be kind of what's happening?

I mean it's on the last page of the thread. Bit weird to jump on him for the first post he see's in the thread is someone shitting on him but maybe that's me. He should read it regardless though, it's good to get the persepctive of people who the issues with CDPR actually affect.

I mean fair enough, normally if I click on a thread I haven't seen before it takes me to the OP first, apologies if thats not the normal function.
Given the poster has not yet deigned to answer why context doesn't matter in the case of CDPR despite my asking 3 times and why perhaps "It's allowed for other games" as a way of ignoring how annoyed the Trans Community is is a dreadful stance regardless of how "low effort and dull" such threads are.
Making everything out to be an attack on themselves given the context was something which made me feel a little tetchy and hoped to point out with excessive sarcasm how one poster calling them a name wasn't really in the same wheelhouse as the companies transphobia they seemingly care little about.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair most people are just going to jump straight to the last page of any long thread to see where the current discussion is. I know I do. Era has a button for it after all. That post they're referring to is on the top of that page so I guess I see why it's the first post they'd see, but it does feel like an unfair generalization of what that thread has represented over its lifespan. It's the only post of that nature I've seen, and I've been lurking that thread for a while.

edit: I think I misread your intent. Upon rereading your post I think we have the same take.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's on the last page of the thread. Bit weird to jump on him for the first post he see's in the thread is someone shitting on him but maybe that's me.
Also, moral superiority or not, personal insults against other users are strictly against the rules and should be moderated accordingly.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
I agree with Kyuuji. In keeping the discourse around, we are actively drawing awareness to the issues, like it or not. I don't think it is fair to those of us in the trans community, or that the brunt of the discussion should need to be forced anywhere near the amount that we have had to, but in raising awareness we should be proud. Yes, I think it would be completely justified to ban them outright and would find more than a small joy in it, admittedly. But we can't understate the good that the trans community was able to accomplish in awareness so far from a more open discussion. I do think it would be nice if people could hear past the anger to find the reason others are angry, instead of getting defensive immediately— and think that would make the discussions we have much easier on our trans community, which is something we critically need if we must have these conversations. No one should have to be 'one of the good ones' to be heard.

That said, I am seeing a lot of calls for a 'decision to be made one way or another', but something about them doesn't ring true to me. Especially when they are underpinned with "either people are allowed to speak about one of the biggest games of the year, or they are not" that I do see come up a lot. I have always been a keen on picking up subtext and implications in text, and one that seemingly puts the 'big game' above the transphobic company implies a lot to me. It reads poorly.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean fair enough, normally if I click on a thread I haven't seen before it takes me to the OP first, apologies if thats not the normal function.
Given the poster has not yet deigned to answer why context doesn't matter in the case of CDPR despite my asking 3 times and why perhaps "It's allowed for other games" as a way of ignoring how annoyed the Trans Community is is a dreadful stance regardless of how "low effort and dull" such threads are.
Making everything out to be an attack on themselves given the context was something which made me feel a little tetchy and hoped to point out with excessive sarcasm how one poster calling them a name wasn't really in the same wheelhouse as the companies transphobia they seemingly care little about.

I guess it depends on what you click but I always end up on the last pages of threads when i go in them so that's probably what he did. Regardless though I get your broader point and how frustrating this shit is for the trans community.

To be fair most people are just going to jump straight to the last page of any long thread to see where the current discussion is. I know I do. Era has a button for it after all. That post they're referring to is on the top of that page so I guess I see why it's the first post they'd see, but it does feel like an unfair generalization of what that thread has represented over its lifespan. It's the only post of that nature I've seen, and I've been lurking that thread for a while.

Yeah this is basically what I meant.

Also, moral superiority or not, personal insults against other users are strictly against the rules and should be moderated accordingly.

Can't say I disagree.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah i think mods should either ban discussion about this game or not. There are plenty of socially and politically dubious games and pubs out there. In fact i wouldnt even be upset or anything if all cyberpunk or witcher talk was perma banned here, just like we ban influencers with problematic views. I understand why mods would take that stance even if im excited for the game. Plus there are other sites to discuss and hype the game like the subreddit and discord. Its a tricky subject, its a highly anticipated game, but in many ways it does not represent the core values of inclusion that era seeks to uphold. The weird rules around discussion arent great i think. Same with thq nordic games. Ban them, or dont.
Either way i think the mods are doing the best they can, this balance is difficult to maintain im sure.

Not surprised if one question surrounding full bans is if mods want to open that can of worms. Full ban on CDPR and THQN for their shit, but allow ND, R*, Insomniac, Sony, ASUS, MS, Ubisoft, Activision... to stay on as discussed organizations? That would be helluva walk to walk and make somehow logically justifiable at that point.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube views is not news, there's no in-depth discussion to be had. It's just a fluff hype thread. Also for other YouTube view trailer threads which are also unnecessary, at least they're not usually for companies with abusive work practices and blatant bigotry. I didn't see any views threads for Ubisoft games this year. There was one for Naughty Dog but that was last year when crunch articles weren't heavily discussed. There was a views thread for Hogwarts Legacy and it was closed because fuck JK Rowling. Even then, they're all pretty pointless and just serve as empty calories.

Well the PS5 hype cycle certainly had more than a couple threads. Iirc we even had one for Instagram views. Though I agree they're all pretty pointless, but then again going down that route will eventually lead to 90% of the threads made being pointless.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I remember there was a bit of a controversy surrounding the Vodoo Boys (a Haitian gang) and CDPR said they were actively working with Haitian consultants, so I'm somewhat confident it won't be too bad in the final game. And for what it's worth, Cyberpunk 2020's creator, Mike Pondsmith, is black and working closely with the team.

I think it will - at the very leat - be a considerable step up from The Witcher 3.

I hope so, i dont want this to be the equivilant of ''but i have a black friend''. Even people of color can be ignorant and blind to racisme because they are so indoctrinated by society to think that way. Thats why i said i will play the game and form my opinion. But for the transgender people CDPR already showed multiple times they dont give a fuck about them.

Jun 1, 2018
I guess it depends on what you click but I always end up on the last pages of threads when i go in them so that's probably what he did.

Yeah this is basically what I meant.

This is what I did. Then I checked the previous last posts on the previous page and saw several users laughing and picking apart another users post in a cyberpunk thread.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised if one question surrounding full bans is if mods want to open that can of worms. Full ban on CDPR and THQN for their shit, but allow ND, R*, Insomniac, Sony, ASUS, MS, Ubisoft, Activision... to stay on as discussed organizations? That would be helluva walk to walk and make somehow logically justifiable at that point.

yeah, like i said it seems like a really tough line to walk. Im glad im not a mod, it would stress me out

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

those threads should have limits as well imo, but it is what it is. at the end of the day are you losing anything of value when you can't discuss a game trailer hitting 20 million views.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That user even admitted putting me on ignore before and made the effort to look at the thread I created (even though he shouldnt be able to see that) and then call me a troll just because I wanted to share some news? So am I free as well to say that he and some other users are spreading hate in that stickied

Just report the post and leave it at that.

Complaining about "spreading hate" towards fans of Cyberpunk given the context of the situation isn't the best take to have.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
My problem with a ban is how can we realistically keep any thread about most AAA publishers open? In the last few years pretty much every major plublisher has been shown to be run by bigoted people who don't really care about their staff. Do we ban EA, Activition, Ubisoft, THQ, Naughty Dog etc etc?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
My problem with a ban is how can we realistically keep any thread about most AAA publishers open? In the last few years pretty much every major plublisher has been shown to be run by bigoted people who don't really care about their staff. Do we ban EA, Activition, Ubisoft, THQ, Naughty Dog etc etc?
Which is what I imagine a number of Cyberpunk fans have in mind when arguing for it to be all or nothing. Instead of where we stand which is relatively simple to understand; discussion can continue but let's limit the amount of fluff threads meant solely to boost hype for it.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

I don't really agree with the all in or all out approach. It will just further antagonise the situation. A more nuanced approach is better even if it's messier. Besides you'd still have people that don't know making threads or whatever.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good point. Mods have stated that it is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and that the game can be discussed on the forum but the least we can do as a community is to take the feelings of TransEra into consideration when creating new threads. And I don't think hype threads celebrating YouTube views are the best way to go in that regard. We can keep that kind of information to this pre-release OT.

All it seems to need is a little give and take, though many Trans members would be happy for all talk to be banned as a clear statement to how we gamers do not appreciate companies that exhibit any bigotry (myself included TBH) there are others who are happy to allow fellow members to be excited and want to discuss it.
If this is how it is to be then perhaps the least we could expect in return is not countless new threads created for every little thing between now and launch, celebrating CDPR and shoving how little others care down our throats 24/7. If people had taken the time to read the sticky by Kyuuji maybe members would understand and we wouldn't need to expect the Mods to spell everything out for us.

With that said, to my other members who are excited for the game and have willingly tried to point out the context to others and who are willing to understand others' views, Thank-you. Though I would rather we all stood together I am happy you feel it important enough to consider and keep in mind, you are lovely, and apologies for messing up the "One thread" you're allowed :D ❤

In which case it should be reported and moved on, rather than use it as a way to nullify a 2000 post thread about why a companies TRANSPHOBIA would in any way contextualise whether making a pointless video view count thread would be frowned on and closed.

This is what I did. Then I checked the previous last posts on the previous page and saw several users laughing and picking apart another users post in a cyberpunk thread.

yet you didn't read the exhaustively researched OP explaining the premise of a thread? The thing which would have contextualised the push back to you? You would rather make it all about you and that someone had insulted you. SOMETHING CDPR has done and continues to do about the trans community with seemingly every tweet.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I hope so, i dont want this to be the equivilant of ''but i have a black friend''. Even people of color can be ignorant and blind to racisme because they are so indoctrinated by society to think that way. Thats why i said i will play the game and form my opinion. But for the transgender people CDPR already showed multiple times they dont give a fuck about them.
Yes, yes, absolutely. But Mike - from what I gather - seems to be a very socially aware guy.

He made this post earlier this year. I don't necessarily agree with 100% of it, but at least he's not blind to racism.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, this is the issue. There is for example Sony which uses cheap chinese labor but also supervises their studios which practice crunch.

Agreed.

This is evidently wrong considering there is this thread, pc specs thread and spoiler thread.

It won't get better. We will have graphics comparisons between different versions, new informations, reviews - it will basically become unreadable in a moment.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really agree with the all in or all out approach. It will just further antagonise the situation. A more nuanced approach is better even if it's messier. Besides you'd still have people that don't know making threads or whatever.

yeah, i can see that. Maybe they can sticky a list of lgbtq+ Inclusive games from non problematic devs and publishers, up at the top of the forum on the day it comes out? As a way to allow the review thread and ot to run normally, but also give people a list of other games they can support if they dont feel comfortable supporting this one.

i dont think there is a way to make everyone 100 percent happy, but this can split the difference

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Which is what I imagine a number of Cyberpunk fans have in mind when arguing for it to be all or nothing. Instead of where we stand which is relatively simple to understand; discussion can continue but let's limit the amount of fluff threads meant solely to boost hype for it.

Shouldn't we apply that across the board and just cull amount of hype threads on the site? That kind adjustment would address and make it actual rule that there isn't unnecessary hyping in general and as by product all troublematic studios would have their hype spotlight dimmed on ERA.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
You could attempt to listen past the anger to try to understand why they would do something like that. There is usually a reason behind it to be found pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.