• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
China
Just ended my 5 year relationship, things weren't going really smooth for the last few months.. Anyway things din't went really well last 2 days HOWEVER ever since yesterday it felt like things went back to normal for me in my head at least.

I'm hanging out with friends, continuing my fit life style as usual /w gaming and whatever else... It's just weird it took me 2 days to overcome this.. last time it was 6 months.
You're not out of the woods yet my dude. These things have a habit of working on a time delay fuse and if some time in the near future your not where you want to be in terms of relationship status then those thoughts come creeping in.

You're doing the right thing, keeping busy and being social so keep that up.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
You're not out of the woods yet my dude. These things have a habit of working on a time delay fuse and if some time in the near future your not where you want to be in terms of relationship status then those thoughts come creeping in.

You're doing the right thing, keeping busy and being social so keep that up.

I don't mind at all being single, just means more time for me to dedicate myself for fitness goals and to finally finish this terrible backlog that keeps piling up on the Switch and PS4.

I think the fact Avengers and Days Gone coming out next week helps me out with what's "ahead".. Let's just say I broke up on Monday but then PS5 news came over on Tuesday and I was super excited about it that kinda killed the whole bad vibe going in my head

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Just ended my 5 year relationship, things weren't going really smooth for the last few months.. Anyway things din't went really well last 2 days HOWEVER ever since yesterday it felt like things went back to normal for me in my head at least.

I'm hanging out with friends, continuing my fit life style as usual /w gaming and whatever else... It's just weird it took me 2 days to overcome this.. last time it was 6 months.

I'm just curious, you were together for 5 years and had a few months of things not going smooth and you decided to end it, did you try and work it out or talk about it? Was there nothing you two could work on to make it better?

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm just curious, you were together for 5 years and had a few months of things not going smooth and you decided to end it, did you try and work it out or talk about it? Was there nothing you two could work on to make it better?

My girlfriend does not like that my family doesn't get along too well, we also had some problems with her feeling like I'm a "stranger" because we only see each other once a week due to work.

She didn't wanted to go to live with me a few months ago because she wanted to buy her own house instead of renting one with me..

She just called it quits instead of fighting

TLDR ; she wanted to break up and didn't give me a chance to even fix things.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend does not like that my family doesn't get along too well, we also had some problems with her feeling like I'm a "stranger" because we only see each other once a week due to work.

She didn't wanted to go to live with me a few months ago because she wanted to buy her own house instead of renting one with me..

She just called it quits instead of fighting

TLDR ; she wanted to break up and didn't give me a chance to even fix things.

Wow, that really sucks! I'm sorry she didn't want to work it out. Sounds like you are handling it well and I hope soon you find someone that is the perfect fit for you!

My family doesn't get along either. In fact, one of my uncles just tried to open a credit card in my 90 year old grandfather's name, we assume so he could run it up and never pay it and leave my grandfather on the hook for it.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Wow, that really sucks! I'm sorry she didn't want to work it out. Sounds like you are handling it well and I hope soon you find someone that is the perfect fit for you!

My family doesn't get along either. In fact, one of my uncles just tried to open a credit card in my 90 year old grandfather's name, we assume so he could run it up and never pay it and leave my grandfather on the hook for it.

Yeah.. she said family is a big priority but I told her as soon as I met her that she would never have a stable family from my side.. You know it pisses me off at the end of the day that her family is a bunch of fakers but whatever :)

Now I'm gonna give it some time.. just get my head together, play some games, do some sports, go out with friends and enjoy traveling a bit.. I really don't wanna go back to a relationship for the time being.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
So yesterday around 23 o'clock my ex called me... We broke up 1st April and after the broke she called me the day after and I told her, we shouldn't talk anymore and since yesterday we didn't have any contact.

So I didn't know that it was her number, because I deleted her contact... She sounded sad... But after I called her name, if she is it, there was silence and hung up...

What should I do? I did not call her back, because why should I? She did not wanted the relationship Anymore and I told her, that I am not like her exes, that I will be around... I will be out off your life and did that.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want nothing to do with her anymore and you have no reason to keep in contact with her, just block the number.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
If you want nothing to do with her anymore and you have no reason to keep in contact with her, just block the number.
I did not want to block... I just deleted it, so that I will not stalk...

She just wrote me now, that she has my keys...

Edit :One hour later I wrote her back, nice to.hear from you, tell me when and where and I am gonna pick it up.

She answered immediately, and said she could bring it to me...

Tell me I did everything right 😂

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I did not want to block... I just deleted it, so that I will not stalk...

She just wrote me now, that she has my keys...

Edit :One hour later I wrote her back, nice to.hear from you, tell me when and where and I am gonna pick it up.

She answered immediately, and said she could bring it to me...

Tell me I did everything right 😂
Grab the keys when she's at the door and say thanks, bye.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Going to an event with my girlfriend on Tuesday. We've had it planned for weeks now. It'll be the first time I've seen her in a month, and conveniently our one month anniversary.

This is a weird relationship.

Oct 25, 2017
China
5e1f45189e19e4176c318732f490ccd2881585b57e5727360d2a6c8016bb234d.jpg

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
You know, I understand that people ghost for all kinds of reasons. But to say yes to a date and then ghost before said date can even be set up is just bizarre to me. Literally the last thing this girl said to me was "Yes, I'd like that" to me asking her out.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
You know, I understand that people ghost for all kinds of reasons. But to say yes to a date and then ghost before said date can even be set up is just bizarre to me. Literally the last thing this girl said to me was "Yes, I'd like that" to me asking her out.
Just say if you change your mind, give me a call and let it be.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Take a look at r/niceguys. There's many examples of guys flipping out simply becuse a woman did not reply to the fast enough.
Is the name ironic on purpose? Or is it just the universe being ironic?

I don't know, maybe that's all it was but I just think it's fucking weird to be having a nice conversation, accept an invitation for a date, and then ghost.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know, maybe that's all it was but I just think it's fucking weird to be having a nice conversation, accept an invitation for a date, and then ghost.

Probably changed her mind or got a better offer, forget about it. Being irritated about it won't give you an answer

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

oh it has happened to me too once. Great conversation for 3 weeks, two dates, decided to meet again, and one day suddenly ghosted. And then you question your entire existence lmao and try to figure out what exactly went wrong but but the most likely thing is she just found someone better that she would be with. Since she wasn't committed to you, its easier to just ghost you then make up excuse or tell you the truth. ITS JUST EASIER for them.

Min

Oct 25, 2017

You 👏 don't 👏 know 👏 them 👏

There's nothing to be upset about. Conversations on dating apps and even the first few dates should be treated with as much emotional availability as a passing conversation in the park.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Dude what are you even getting out of this
Cut ✂️ It ✂️ Off ✂️
Because that's how she's treating you. Cut her out of your life.

I mean, I'm not faultless here. I've made my mistakes in this. I wavered on the age gap as well to begin with back in December when she first came on to me, so it makes sense that she would try dating down at school after that. I reconciled the age difference after talking to some friends/family of mine though and felt like I made it pretty clear in March (and since then) how I felt. Also, her parents told her that if she were dating me, they would pull her college tuition due to the age gap, so that was a fun thing to learn after I started having feelings for her (and her me). Which I'm sure just worked to create conflicting feelings in her, and made me question things (I told her that if we still felt for each other, I would talk to her parents to try to ease their minds. I kind of already know them...)

On one hand, I want to keep her as a friend, because that seems like the mature thing to do, but on the other, I'm scared that we're going to hang out this summer, those feelings will come again for her (since so far, every single time we've been near each other, she's felt something for me), and we'll do this all again. I don't want to be used as a second option the entire time I'm friends with her, or as just that guy she just keeps on call while she's home from school. I want to be someone's first option, as old school as that may be.

Nov 17, 2017
I mean, I'm not faultless here. I've made my mistakes in this. I wavered on the age gap as well to begin with back in December when she first came on to me, so it makes sense that she would try dating down at school after that. I reconciled the age difference after talking to some friends/family of mine though and felt like I made it pretty clear in March (and since then) how I felt. Also, her parents told her that if she were dating me, they would pull her college tuition due to the age gap, so that was a fun thing to learn after I started having feelings for her (and her me). Which I'm sure just worked to create conflicting feelings in her, and made me question things (I told her that if we still felt for each other, I would talk to her parents to try to ease their minds. I kind of already know them...)

On one hand, I want to keep her as a friend, because that seems like the mature thing to do, but on the other, I'm scared that we're going to hang out this summer, those feelings will come again for her (since so far, every single time we've been near each other, she's felt something for me), and we'll do this all again. I don't want to be used as a second option the entire time I'm friends with her, or as just that guy she just keeps on call while she's home from school. I want to be someone's first option, as old school as that may be.
None of this changes my response. Whether you are faultless or not, this clearly isnt good for either of you. Like Zeyphersan said, what are you getting out of this?

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
So uh..boy my lady I've been seeing have been a rollercoaster of emotions. This is the same one I've been talking about the last posts. We dated a while, had fantastic dates made out already on the second one etc. Then she came out with the "Hey I need to fix these stuff before I can continue on seeing you", and these "stuff" were finding a new living and a new job which was stressing her out, understandable. To be honest I felt like both her being honest because I've talked to her and follow her on Instagram so shes been telling the truth about her situation, but at the same time I felt like - Come on!? You cant find an hour for a cup of coffe during this stint?

So uhh..today I got a message from her wanting to meet up...It's been 4 months ago last time I saw her. And I really fucking liked her and I thought shit was over, we did have some communication during these 4 months where I sort of left her the opportunity to bail out, but she never did. And today she wanted to meet, this is the very same week where she actually signed a new job contract so she sort of did get back to me after she sorted her stuff out. I was still unsure how I would proceed, but decided to meet her. And again...we had a fantastic time, we met at 20:00, and I just got back home and it's 03:00 am...we made out like it was the fucking millenium shift, and I hate to admit it but Im falling for this lady badly and I still don't know where we'll land. I told her that I wanted her to tell me if she liked me or not (I knew that she does, but she never told me ), she said she does like me, but she seemed very unsure what she wants exactly, but that she definitely likes me, and then we made out again...Im usually very straight forward with my decisions of what to do, but this situation leaves me in a place I've never been before and I don't know if I should keep pursue it?

She did tell me that she would give me an answer by the end of next week what she wants from this though so hopefully I'll have an answer. You just never now when it comes to people, you can have the greatest chemistry and still end up with nothing, Please root for me as I root for you!

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
oh it has happened to me too once. Great conversation for 3 weeks, two dates, decided to meet again, and one day suddenly ghosted. And then you question your entire existence lmao and try to figure out what exactly went wrong but but the most likely thing is she just found someone better that she would be with. Since she wasn't committed to you, its easier to just ghost you then make up excuse or tell you the truth. ITS JUST EASIER for them.

It's just "just easier", it helps to prevent the minefield that is thinking a guy is nice and reasonable and them just exploding as soon as you turn them down. It's a very real and sometimes very scary decision a woman has to make, to say nothing of other marginalized folks. No one knows another person's true nature after some texts and a couple of dates. And if you are a completely reasonable and not insane person, then please blame the bat-shit crazy people in the world for making the whole dating process a minefield in the first place.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
She's been acting strangely, and isn't really talking to me. I have no idea why. I sent a message saying hey and happy Easter, using gifs because she likes them, and got a weird face emoji in response.

I doubt this is going to last, and wonder if we'll even go to the game on Tuesday.

Oct 25, 2017
China
So uh..boy my lady I've been seeing have been a rollercoaster of emotions. This is the same one I've been talking about the last posts. We dated a while, had fantastic dates made out already on the second one etc. Then she came out with the "Hey I need to fix these stuff before I can continue on seeing you", and these "stuff" were finding a new living and a new job which was stressing her out, understandable. To be honest I felt like both her being honest because I've talked to her and follow her on Instagram so shes been telling the truth about her situation, but at the same time I felt like - Come on!? You cant find an hour for a cup of coffe during this stint?

So uhh..today I got a message from her wanting to meet up...It's been 4 months ago last time I saw her. And I really fucking liked her and I thought shit was over, we did have some communication during these 4 months where I sort of left her the opportunity to bail out, but she never did. And today she wanted to meet, this is the very same week where she actually signed a new job contract so she sort of did get back to me after she sorted her stuff out. I was still unsure how I would proceed, but decided to meet her. And again...we had a fantastic time, we met at 20:00, and I just got back home and it's 03:00 am...we made out like it was the fucking millenium shift, and I hate to admit it but Im falling for this lady badly and I still don't know where we'll land. I told her that I wanted her to tell me if she liked me or not (I knew that she does, but she never told me ), she said she does like me, but she seemed very unsure what she wants exactly, but that she definitely likes me, and then we made out again...Im usually very straight forward with my decisions of what to do, but this situation leaves me in a place I've never been before and I don't know if I should keep pursue it?

She did tell me that she would give me an answer by the end of next week what she wants from this though so hopefully I'll have an answer. You just never now when it comes to people, you can have the greatest chemistry and still end up with nothing, Please root for me as I root for you!
You call her your lady, but you haven't seen her for 4 months?? Then when you do meet up again and ask for clarification on the relationship she tells you to wait a WEEK?

She does not want a relationship with you. Your an exciting diversion who she can pick up and drop at any time becuse your a lovesick puppy who'll wait around for your next pat on the head from her.

Forget her, find other women to date who will not put you on timeout for months at a time.

Oct 25, 2017
China
She's been acting strangely, and isn't really talking to me. I have no idea why. I sent a message saying hey and happy Easter, using gifs because she likes them, and got a weird face emoji in response.

I doubt this is going to last, and wonder if we'll even go to the game on Tuesday.
Relationships are tough. It's a bit heartless to do this to you on your one month anniversary.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Relationships are tough. It's a bit heartless to do this to you on your one month anniversary.

I've heard they are and believe it. This is basically my first.

I don't know what's going on. I don't think I said anything wrong, or even really had the chance to. I've been nothing but kind and supportive. Maybe she's just dealing with something and needs space for a day or two. I texted her tonight because she gets upset if I don't.

She said she's been looking forward to Tuesday. I have too. But if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. The Leafs may have to play game 7 that night, and I don't really want to miss it, but was going to go to the other event with her because that's what's best/I haven't seen her/we planned it before that was announced.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I could have entered into a relationship with another girl more than a year ago, or even more recently as we started talking again as friends after a falling out. However, it just didn't seem like a good situation. She's almost a decade younger, has a kid (and I'm not ready or really interested in such responsibilities, or a kid person), and is very dependent and clingy.

We're just friends and she's obsessed with me.

We've fooled around before, after meeting on a dating site, but this was after meeting and having the discussion about just being friends. I had been going over to her place and watching hockey or movies, and hanging out, before entering into this relationship. But we didn't do anything, and I haven't been back over since entering into this relationship. She keeps inviting me over and getting upset, saying me not being single doesn't mean that I can't hang out with her, but going over there hasn't felt like the right thing to do because she has strong feelings for me. Apparently I'm her best friend, and the only guy who's ever been nice to and treated her with respect, which I always try to do.

Even when we had a falling out and she made me mad by saying certain things, then her friend sent juvenile texts from her phone, I just stopped talking to her and blocked her. I didn't call her anything or retaliate.

I'm not that attracted to her, but like her as a friend, so I'm trying to be a good friend. This is just all new to me. We talk over text.

Funnily enough, I wish that my girlfriend had some qualities that she has. Like liking to cuddle, wanting to see each other more, and that type of thing.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
So, I had my second date yesterday. We went out to eat and have drinks. After that we walked out and she suggested we go to her house. Ended up making out and stayed up til 5am. I slept in her bed but she told me she wasn't ready to have sex yet.
I spent the whole day with her today and we've had a really good time together. She's currently studying for an exam that she has on Monday, then we'll head to bed. I told her I could leave because I feel bad that I might be distracting her but she wants me to stay with her.

It's been a great weekend

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So, I had my second date yesterday. We went out to eat and have drinks. After that we walked out and she suggested we go to her house. Ended up making out and stayed up til 5am. I slept in her bed but she told me she wasn't ready to have sex yet.
I spent the whole day with her today and we've had a really good time together. She's currently studying for an exam that she has on Monday, then we'll head to bed. I told her I could leave because I feel bad that I might be distracting her but she wants me to stay with her.

Cuddling tho? Congrats, anyway, hope the good vibes continue!

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
You call her your lady, but you haven't seen her for 4 months?? Then when you do meet up again and ask for clarification on the relationship she tells you to wait a WEEK?

She does not want a relationship with you. Your an exciting diversion who she can pick up and drop at any time becuse your a lovesick puppy who'll wait around for your next pat on the head from her.

Forget her, find other women to date who will not put you on timeout for months at a time.

I agree with what you say and that's how I see it as well normally, but there are some circumstances that don't make this as black and white as you see it. And she herself told me before "I don't have to wait around for her" which I clearly answered that "I wouldn't". So of course I've been dating others during these 4 months...and right now there are 2 other women Im seeing, but yes I do have feelings for this one and that's shit you can't just turn off easily since I very rarely get "lovesick" or in general in love with someone.

Lovesick or not, moving on wont be an issue for me, but I do want to see how she behaves now since she literally told me that she now have all the lost time needed to see me. Why do I have to wait a week to see her again then? She's going on vacation back home (she's from abroad).

Whatever happens happen, or not.

Oct 28, 2017
Met up with a girl I dated for a summer almost to years ago. We've done this a few times, when we met we first became good friends really fast, so we tried to keep in touch. But I'm starting to think maybe it's time to stop this.
I don't think we'll ever get the close friendship back we used to have. And probably we won't end up dating again either. While we have a lot of same interests, personalitywise we're just complete opposites and if we spend a lot of time together we just end up getting on each others nerves. Right now all this does is rekindling old feelings that won't go anywhere.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
I agree with what you say and that's how I see it as well normally, but there are some circumstances that don't make this as black and white as you see it. And she herself told me before "I don't have to wait around for her" which I clearly answered that "I wouldn't". So of course I've been dating others during these 4 months...and right now there are 2 other women Im seeing, but yes I do have feelings for this one and that's shit you can't just turn off easily since I very rarely get "lovesick" or in general in love with someone.

Lovesick or not, moving on wont be an issue for me, but I do want to see how she behaves now since she literally told me that she now have all the lost time needed to see me. Why do I have to wait a week to see her again then? She's going on vacation back home (she's from abroad).

Whatever happens happen, or not.

Just out wait her. Do nothing, let her do the reaching out, if she is interested, she will. If not, move one and don't write her, even when she will reach later you. Because most will reach out, but sometimes it's too late, like Bill Said:
Good things might come to those who wait
Not for those who wait too late....

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

Best feeling ever. Hope it continues to go well.

I recently got out of a long term relationship that I mourn still. We are still friends and I adore her. The idea of dating fills me not so much with dread, but a kind of ennui. I thought I had got past this level :(

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne

Best feeling in the world...
I must think back, when I kissed my (now ex girlfriend since April...) and how I drove back home and heard the song Almost being in love...
What a day this has been
What a rare mood I'm in
Why it's almost like being in love
There's a smile on my face
For the whole human race
Why it's almost like being in love

I think it was the best day of my life

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Cuddling tho? Congrats, anyway, hope the good vibes continue!
A lot of cuddling and a lot of touching and a lot of kissing.
Even if we're not having sex yet, she's at least letting me take things further and further everyday. I told her she wanted it just as bad as me and she said she does but she doesn't want to rush things. I can respect that.

But damn, is it amazing to wake up to someone that's naturally gorgeous in the morning. I must say.

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
Even if we're not having sex yet, she's at least letting me take things further and further everyday. I told her she wanted it just as bad as me and she said she does but she doesn't want to rush things. I can respect that.

But damn, is it amazing to wake up to someone that's naturally gorgeous in the morning. I must say.
Everything is fine, I did wait 4 weeks before I had sex with my ex.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Aye, nice!