• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing those impressions were made up for clicks, oh well.

To those who have preordered, have the preorder theme/avatar been sent out? I have yet to receive mine (Best Buy) and I've seen a couple people with the nendoroid ludens avatar already.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at the editor throwing her under the bus when caught red handed, like yeah sure you couldn't know she was bullshiting ^^

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He is not, but he is closely associated with a terrible one, which is his brother. They share a channel which is pure trash.

Also, the editor on the article:

"Note from the editor: Erina Rose has been a close associate of mine for many years and has often provided us with valuable industry information. Although I can vouch for her authenticity, I cannot vouch for the validity of this article. I have asked her to provide proof that she has had "hands-on" time with the game which she was unable to provide.

After a lengthy discussion with the PR and Partnership manager for PlayStation Australia I have made the decision to make a full retraction and ask the reader to be sceptical about the information the author has
disclosed. "
There it is lmao

Really doubt we'll be getting impressions before the review embargo drops, no point anyway as reviewers are probably playing the game right as we speak

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This new version is so much better, holy shit. Kojima fucked up pretty badly with that standard version. Its easily the worst cover for a Kojima game ever.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Somebody help me out here. Why is it a bad thing that the article was fake? I've seen multiple people claiming that Death Stranding will 1.) be nominated for GOTY and 2.) win GOTY at TGA. It seems weird to throw the article and its author in the trash but to think "yeah, that's reasonable" about people proclaiming that this game will be better than any other game released in 2019 despite not having their hands on it themselves. Many people have already made up their minds about the game's quality and it's standing among its peers, so what's one fantasy impression in a sea of fantasy impressions?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This new version is so much better, holy shit. Kojima fucked up pretty badly with that standard version. Its easily the worst cover for a Kojima game ever.
Was kinda hoping we'd get a Shinkawa reversible cover or something like Ground Zeroes but apparently not.

Somebody help me out here. Why is it a bad thing that the article was fake? I've seen multiple people claiming that Death Stranding will 1.) be nominated for GOTY and 2.) win GOTY at TGA. It seems weird to throw the article and its author in the trash but to think "yeah, that's reasonable" about people proclaiming that this game will be better than any other game released in 2019 despite not having their hands on it themselves. Many people have already made up their minds about the game's quality and it's standing among its peers, so what's one fantasy impression in a sea of fantasy impressions?
Because they're literally spreading misinformation? All this talk of there being a private media hands on at PAX Aus and the stuff about the day/night cycle literally arose from this fake article. Equating what random forum users say to an actual journalist reporting on false information is dumb.

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Because when I give my baseless opinion that DS will be GOTY 2019 without having played it yet, I am not putting my integrity as a journalist on the line by lying to my audience that I played it and give fake impressions, I just give my opinion on the internet. If I was here posting stuff like "I had an exclusive hands on of DS as a random poster on internet (or even if I was pretending to be a journalist) I sure hope I would get called out for it :)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I agree that the journalist has to maintain credibility and their article being deleted is a good thing, I just think the event is a non-story and falls right in line with how people are letting their imaginations run wild about what this game will actually be. It feels like No Man's Sky where people are taking the information available and running with it and describing their fantasies of how it's going to be their GOTY due to Extrapolation A, Fantasy B, and Speculation C. I'm with you guys on the journalist the integrity that comes with being a journalist. I'm just saying that when I saw that it was all just baseless fantasy, though, I shrugged and thought "well, par for the course".

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
3amSBsV.png

Why is there a yellow bit above the eye "socket"? I wonder who designed this because that doesn't match the actual shape of the mask.

I think someone mistook the reflection in his goggles for a part of the mask. Pretty sloppy.

OWU4Co0.png

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3amSBsV.png

Why is there a yellow bit above the eye "socket"? I wonder who designed this because that doesn't match the actual shape of the mask.

I think someone mistook the reflection in his goggles for a part of the mask. Pretty sloppy.

OWU4Co0.png

Eh, even if it is a mistake I prefer it, looks like he's staring back at you.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I agree that the journalist has to maintain credibility and their article being deleted is a good thing, I just think the event is a non-story and falls right in line with how people are letting their imaginations run wild about what this game will actually be. It feels like No Man's Sky where people are taking the information available and running with it and describing their fantasies of how it's going to be their GOTY due to Extrapolation A, Fantasy B, and Speculation C. I'm with you guys on the journalist the integrity that comes with being a journalist. I'm just saying that when I saw that it was all just baseless fantasy, though, I shrugged and thought "well, par for the course".
I don't totally agree, for example here, the article sparked a lot of talk about a still unconfirmed day/night cycle, needlessly rising expectations, and doing so is a disservice to the game because people will believe a lie because a journalist said it, and then be disapointed if it's not there, and some(most?) of them won't blame the journalist but the game.
Like, if today I tell you as a random guy on the internet that I already have a copy of DS, I'm halfway through the game, and I tell you that not only there's a day night cycle, but also at the mid point of the game you actually go to space and visit the moon and Mars in the second half of the game, and you believe me. come release time, you'll realise I have lied, that would be not cool for you right? But you'd be the only person I lied to, and I'm not a journalist, so basically I would have kinda trolled you. Now if a journalist does the same, there are more implications, so I don't think it can be considered a non-story. Not a big one either, but not a non story :)

Jun 26, 2018
3amSBsV.png

OWU4Co0.png

It's the top part of the eye socket of the golden skull? It's visible in both images
Edit: I guess it might not actually be a skull part, but just his face mask / balaclava underneath, I can see how whoever made the cover might have gotten it wrong

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Why is a bad thing that the article was fake? Really?

Lying is bad? Truth matters, maybe?

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
corrected myself already, you're right, it's from the balaclava underneath I'm guessing, guess whoever made the cover got it confused same way I did.
It's a reflection in the goggles. It's super obvious at higher resolutions, so I have no idea why they made it look so solid and brighter than most highlights on the golden mask.

YCpWHt0.png

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
What comes with the steel book edition? I was intending on buying it purely because of the better version of Sam it had on the cover, but this new Amazon one is better and 20 quid cheaper. So unless the steel book version comes with some tastey incentives then I'm going with this. Anyone know?

As far as I know it's one exclusive pair of gold sunglasses and a digital download of the music in the game, correct?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
What comes with the steel book edition? I was intending on buying it purely because of the better version of Sam it had on the cover, but this new Amazon one is better and 20 quid cheaper. So unless the steel book version comes with some tastey incentives then I'm going with this. Anyone know?

As far as I know it's one exclusive pair of gold sunglasses and a digital download of the music in the game, correct?
I thought the special Edition (which I preordered) was just the steelbook, cool if it also has the sunglasses and exoskeleton, even though I might not use them untill I unlock them ingame

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I thought the special Edition (which I preordered) was just the steelbook, cool if it also has the sunglasses and exoskeleton, even though I might not use them untill I unlock them ingame
I *THINK* it has gold sunglasses different (additional) to the standard pre-order bonus and a digital downloadable version of the soundtrack. Someone else might need to confirm that since with all the different versions flying around and Sony's own website not listing the steel book it's kinda confusing.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I *THINK* it has gold sunglasses different (additional) to the standard pre-order bonus and a digital downloadable version of the soundtrack. Someone else might need to confirm that since with all the different versions flying around and Sony's own website not listing the steel book it's kinda confusing.
Yeah it's the Gold Luden Mask and everything, cool :)

death-stranding-special-edition.jpg

Oh and a Dynamic theme too, cool

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah it's the Gold Luden Mask and everything, cool :)

death-stranding-special-edition.jpg

Oh and a Dynamic theme too, cool
Yeah for me personally it's not worth it anymore with a cover I like better being released. I was never big on steel-books anyway, and at for 70 quid it's a little steep given what they're giving. I could get this new Amazon one and the Art of Death Stranding for just ₤10 more, that seems like a better deal imo. Shame the books been delayed till January though.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah for me personally it's not worth it anymore with a cover I like better being released. I was never big on steel-books anyway, and at for 70 quid it's a little steep given what they're giving. I could get this new Amazon one and the Art of Death Stranding for just ₤10 more, that seems like a better deal imo. Shame the books been delayed till January though.
Sure I understand, I like the visual of the Higgs cover better than the Steelbook one, but I largely prefer steelbooks to regular cases so ^^ Actually I'm paying 70 just for the steelbook, dynamic theme, avatar, OST and BTS video, I'll probably won't use the items untill I unlock them ingame, unless they're only cosmetic

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, did they release more music?
Was listening to "Death Stranding" and once it was done "Yellow Box" started playing. I like it 😳

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
Alright, PAX Aus is a go. Death Stranding screenings are on Sunday. Not long now till we (hopefully) get some impressions.

EGjFCf8UwAAjthd.jpg

EGjFg_CUEAA-2rs.jpg

EGjLpfMWsAEMGHQ.jpg

Yeh, I'm thinking this too tbh. Site looks sketchy and the """preview""" itself doesn't really go in-depth with anything and just describes everything we've seen so far. Plus it's poorly written with a bunch of typos everywhere.
Nice. Sad to hear the initial impressions were fake. But at least on Sunday, the real impressions will come out.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I would think there's going to be the English dubbed version, since it's in Australia. Silly assumption, I know.
The 20 minute TGS demo they were showing at the PlayStation booth a few hours ago was ENG sub. I think getting an ENG dub version of this out is kinda tedious as there is a TON of footage. ENG sub should suffice.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually care about this kind of thing, but i really want to know what the production budget of DS is.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually care about this kind of thing, but i really want to know what the production budget of DS is.

I doubt that'll ever be revealed. I can't think of a single game this gen where its budget had been officially revealed. Even the budget for MGSV that's floated around is just a rumor and not something from anyone in the know. Last gen we had a few actual devs coming out and mentioning specific numbers. Like Uncharted and Uncharted 2 cost 20m each, God of War 3 cost 44m, and Gran Turismo 5 cost 60m. And those all came from ND, SSM and PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.