Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
Do we have any idea that if 90 metascore is possible?

Why some people said it's impossible for 90+ score?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my. Some reviewers didn't get their code or press kit.

I wish I could get free codes and press kits.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This ambient music is preeeeetty sweet.

[also yeah: disable chat. Better safe than sorry]

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not anxious? I just literally do not want to shit out $200 for another collectors edition of hot garbage.

Then wait until reviews. Why would you cancel it before then? If you do cancel it now, and the reviews are good, the chances of you being able to get another CE are fairly slim. Why risk it just because you read some tweets lol

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the game is awful I get a nice new gold controller from the Pro bundle.

But it sure doesn't look awful to me in any respect.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my last digitally preordered game on PS4 was Anthem... so can't go any worse than that.
fallout-76-influencers-canvas-bag.jpg

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Back to posting after a few months of hiatus! To the topic: Excited about the game, and ready to dip -Once I get a PS4- regardless of the reviews: Interesting projects tend to be quite divisive, more so in a medium as young as video games. We have waves after waves of "samey" FPS titles, RPGs and racers...I'd like a WTF title every once in a while, and despite the fact that I am not the biggest Kojima fan, I am all for encouraging his take/vision.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Local IGN just tweeted their DS coverage will be an unprecedented effort in the history of the website. 4 reviewers on Nov 1 and daily in-depths and analysis of everything DS for "weeks to come".

No hype tweets or any kind of hint from them, but I don't think they'd be doing this if they didn't think the game is something special?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Local IGN just tweeted their DS coverage will be an unprecedented effort in the history of the website. 4 reviewers on Nov 1 and daily in-depths and analysis of everything DS for "weeks to come".

No hype tweets or any kind of hint from them, but I don't think they'd be doing this if they didn't think the game is something special?

That's a considerable amount of coverage. So yeah, agreed.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

4 separate reviews from IGN?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

Four reviewers? What's the point?

Oct 25, 2017

Which local IGN division that is, if I may ask?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019

They need to put out this much coverage because it is the biggest videogame disaster of all time! Such a train wreck that will require 4 reviewers and take weeks to go through it all. /s

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Four reviewers? What's the point?
That alone is for the initial embargo in which they are only permitted to cover a certain portion of the game. They will still have more to share in the days following. It seems like the game is dense, mechanically and thematically deep and there is a lot to cover. Seems about right for a game that is being described as very new by its creator and "genre-defining" by its publisher.

4 separate reviews from IGN?
Looking back at the article, there is actually only 1 person reviewing the game officially. The other folks in that Death Stranding team are just writing up additional texts and thoughts about the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.