• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling for Bernie but Warren is a solid second choice.

But I'm fully expecting Biden to take a strong lead after crushing the South on Super Tuesday.

Excited to vote NotTrump either way. Gotta replace Breyer and RBG if nothing else.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Looking good for Sanders. I'm okay with either him or Warren, though I'd prefer Sanders at this point and I don't think she's going to make it.

Biden is not an acceptable choice for me and never will be. The rest are a joke to begin with.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Bennet was born India? How is he eligible? I thought you had to be born in the US to run

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Bennet was born India? How is he eligible? I thought you had to be born in the US to run

You must be a natural-born American citizen, but being born out of the United States to American parents is sufficient, and theoretically this was settled during McCain's run.

Mar 9, 2018
Bernie Sanders is what I consider the Burrito Especial (Special Burrito) of this primary. A rare chance to feed our hunger for progress at last. A real chance to make a difference.

Bon appetit.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Quick refresher for Iowa... if someone is under 15% do those caucus goers have to go to someone above 15%?

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've changed my preference around. At first I was happy with Liz. Then I eventually just decided Bernie was the best. I really hope he wins Iowa and Biden gets 3rd or fourth. I finally want to get this over with.

The primary is about beating Biden/centrists. The general is about Trump.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was dumb as heck that semantics was the undoing of the undead Dragon rider

Tolkien is playing on a long tradition of magic being extremely pedantic in order to be unexpected, a theme we see crop up in Macbeth as well. After all, what is more magical than a slavish adherence to the very specific words chosen for a prediction?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Real talk, these scenes in books and movies are always bad. It makes the stupid joke/riddle "I can operate on this boy, he's my son!" into a supposed legit cathartic moment. I hate it in everything. Blah.

Especially since LotR lore always referred to the species as "Man" and not "humans." Otherwise you would be more apt to think the prophecy meant that the Witch King would get taken down by an elf, a dwarf, or a hobbit.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

I was disappointed that the website doesn't actually sell some rebranded perfume with the Bernie head.
Quick refresher for Iowa... if someone is under 15% do those caucus goers have to go to someone above 15%?
After the first count, everyone who's candidate is not viable (<15%) can join/realign to another candidate. In the past, everyone can realign, but now it's only for nonviable folks.

Oct 25, 2017

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
pete is a bland, unseasoned bowl of chili

you know there has to be spice in there somewhere, yet the overwhelming flavor profile is gray

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
You must be a natural-born American citizen, but being born out of the United States to American parents is sufficient, and theoretically this was settled during McCain's run.
John Sidney McCain III was born on August 29, 1936, at Coco Solo Naval Air Station in the Panama Canal Zone, to naval officer John S. McCain Jr. (1911–1981) and Roberta (Wright) McCain (b. 1912). He had an older sister Sandy and a younger brother Joe.[1] At that time, the Panama Canal was under U.S. control
I knew it was ok if you were born on a US Base or Embassy, and apparently if the the place you were born was US territory. Didn't realize the rules were so lax for that.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I (probably) threw my vote away on Warren. Gotta love Minnesota's 46 days of early voting.

Expecting a Biden-Klobuchar ticket, but we'll see. Bernie's rise has been interesting to watch.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Tukarrs already answered, but if you meant are they required to choose another candidate, they are not. In practice, most will. If they are ride or die for Amy (for America) and she hits 13% in the precinct, they can choose to sit out the presidential candidate vote and participate in the rest of the caucus business like party platform/delegates to the state convention/etc.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Tukarrs already answered, but if you meant are they required to choose another candidate, they are not. In practice, most will. If they are ride or die for Amy (for America) and she hits 13% in the precinct, they can choose to sit out the presidential candidate vote and participate in the rest of the caucus business like party platform/delegates to the state convention/etc.
Apparently Biden surrogates are trying to bait Klobuchar supporters at the caucus to switch over with the prospect of giving her the VP slot. Pretty interesting development.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised more places don't have chili. it's so cheap to throw hamburger meat and beans together. and good too

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Thread needs a poll to become even more dangerous!

Seriously, a poll would be awesome, just straight up who are you going to vote.

I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a true lefty in the White House, so of course i´m beyond nervous.

Go Bernie!

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who is going to drop out after Iowa.

Klobuchar, Bennet, Steyer, Delaney, and Patrick. Gabbard and Bloomberg will remain in to build bases as potential spoilers, Yang will remain to promote UBI and for the fun of it.

After Super Tuesday, Pete and Warren drop out, leaving the only two real contenders as Biden and Bernie.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
2gLiHTt.jpg

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early voting in Florida starts feb 6th. that's pretty generous

edit: well apparently that's when they send out vote-by-mail ballots. idk if that means anything to anyone else

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. It's precinct by precinct. If an individual caucus site has 2 candidates above 15% and the rest below, the others have to pick new candidates in the second round. But statewide if someone is below 15 they get no delegates and the aboves get the delegates split between em.

Oct 26, 2017
My top pick is Warren followed very closely by Sanders then Biden at a distant third.

Someone jumped the gun on the last debate thread, but I made this for that. Adjusted for the caucus.

So they're finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your hands together, if you want to clap
As we take you through this Demo-rap!
Huh!

[Chorus]
IOWA
CAUCUS TIME!

yPSz3N9.png

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
Third time's the charm to kick some tail
His gaffes at times may fire in spurts
But when he beats ya, it's gonna hurt!
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the DNC crew!
Huh!

[Chorus]
IOWA
CAUCUS TIME!
IOWA
CAUCUS TIME IS HERE!

Sevqqo2.png

This one's got style, so listen up dudes
She can throw some staplers, to suit her mood
She's quick and nimble when she needs to be
She can comb up salad with relative ease!
If you choose her, you'll not choose wrong
With a skip and a hop, she's one cool mom!
Huh!

[Chorus]
IOWA!
CAUCUS TIME!

heN99ur.png

He has no style, he has no grace
Th-this guy has some birdies to chase!
He medicare plan will cure your booboo
He'll cancel all debt, just for you
Inflate the debt just like a balloon
This crazy one sings to his own tune!
Huh!

[Chorus]
IOWA
CAUCUS TIME!
IOWA
CAUCUS TIME IS HERE!

61gPJlQ.png

He's back again and ready to burst
From the large city (three hundred and first!)
He can fly real high around South Bend
Searching for his one African American friend!
He'll make you smile when he plays his tune
But progressives beware 'cause he's after you!
Huh!

[Chorus]
IOWA!
CAUCUS TIME!

glFmtET.png

Finally, she's here for you
It's the last member of the DNC crew!
Her running for Prez sure isn't funny
Has tons of proposals 'cause she ain't dummy
Can craft up a plan with relative ease
Makes good progress seem such a breeze
She may move slow, she can't jump high