• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Alphelion's Rest lost sector in the Dreaming City is also a good place to do those steps. Two runs and you should have it done.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Alternate take:

Mayhem is awful after about three matches, just like Redrix. There is absolutely no reason to go for it outside of completionism. It's not a good PvP weapon, its base archetype simply doesn't fire fast enough to be competitive.

It's okay as a PvE weapon, but the desperado perk will tire you out quickly and you'll notice that you almost never see it in the wild. There's a whole list of things people use ahead of it in that slot. Go for the Breakneck instead.

Yeah I've never gotten the communities obsession with Mayhem. It's like Swords in the game: for 12 year old boys.

And I might be wrong but it seems like supers are up even more in D2 than they ever were in D1, so mayhem becomes all supers all the time, quite literally. On my shards of galanor hunter I basically have back to back supers infinitely . Why ever use a gun? It's glorified rock paper scissors.

Redrix tho seems a lot better in PVE than PVP. Using it in forge it can really pump out the damage like a special at times and desperado is up a lot. But yeah, it's still disposable for sure like any primary, and I dont enjoy using slow pulses in PVE that much.

Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Just dropped into a random tier 3 Blind Well and ended up getting Trinity Ghoul from the chest. I think that's the first exotic that's actually dropped for me from something since Forsaken came out. Gotten plenty from Xur, but none that actually just drop randomly. And it was the only one I wanted too, so I'm feeling real good right now.

Last edited:

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
For the new Dawning event do you need to own Forsaken in order to complete it or earn things like the new Sparrow? Just wondering because I decided to start this game again but Don't own Forsaken yet just the base game and the two expansions. I'm low level only like level 5 (although I hear you can level pretty quick now to 20 through events that pop up.)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got a Hammerhead with that roll plus a backup mag and two pieces of armor with machinegun reserves and I think it has 330 rounds (75 round mags). Favorite heavy in the game at the moment.

Ain't that the set roll for the first one you get? I got the same roll as well and it felt like a set one because it felt too good to be pure luck.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with the Black Armory bounty "Public Event Evaluation"? It requires you to complete public events with at least one Black Armory weapon equipped, but I'm not getting credit.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Hammerhead with that roll plus a backup mag and two pieces of armor with machinegun reserves and I think it has 330 rounds (75 round mags). Favorite heavy in the game at the moment.

Me too. Unfortunately Avalanche is no Hammerhead.

Ain't that the set roll for the first one you get? I got the same roll as well and it felt like a set one because it felt too good to be pure luck.

Pure luck.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Titan and Hunter to 650 PL and the Warlock I just started working on today so 645 PL there. Lots of games snuck up on me (Ashen and Below on Xbox/PC, Borderlands VR on PSVR, Just Cause 4, etc) that I feel like taking a break from Destiny. Also got invited to play in the "technical alpha" of my most anticipated "full" game of 2019. Too many gaming experiences, not enough time.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finished all the Dawning triumphs, time to farm some Orchids and see if I can get that good good

Dec 2, 2017
Hammerhead is for sure a cut above Avalanche. They definitely wanted to make it worth season pass holders' time. Might be the best PvE legendary in the power slot right now.

Super happy with Loaded Question too, in PvE it outperforms any other legendary fusion I've had. Fitted it with a major spec, I can finally put Telesto away in Gambit as my blocker-slayer.

Speaking of Gambit, so happy a couple of youtubers convinced me to give Cerberus +1 another chance. It mows down everything in that mode. I've got a god roll Crooked Fang, so it justifies the exotic slot. I'm liking it in Crucible too, now that I'm getting the hang of the range you need to play it at. It pairs really nicely with a sniper or good scout.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so whats the deal with augmented weapons? more confusing forge stuff...

i got one and it's a redrix claymore (which of course i already have). same roll (outlaw desperado). except now it's got 3 barrel options instead of one, and couple options in the 2nd slot, i think ike alloy mag and accurized rounds or something, where my original redrix is fixed in that slot (hi cal i believe). so nothing much relevant. it also dropped way below my light level (~15 levels) and no masterworked (whereas of course the original is masterworked), for more inferior fun.

maybe it's different for guns without fixed rolls but on redrix, pretty useless.

edit: never mind i youtubed it. seems a pass.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
What if it ever gets buffer tho?! Need only 8 more Gambit games for Breakneck. Might as well grab that gun and see how far I can go in crucible when the double/triple valor is active.

Edit: oh and fck Xur. I already don't get any exotic drops. No need to disappoint me further lol.
Hey, go for Redrix if you want, I did. It's just that it's not worth putting yourself through a punishing grind session for. My advice is play a bunch of quick play this season and take it as it comes.

Dec 2, 2017
Speaking of Gambit, so happy a couple of youtubers convinced me to give Cerberus +1 another chance. It mows down everything in that mode. I've got a god roll Crooked Fang, so it justifies the exotic slot.

Wait. Don't listen to this. I finally got my Malfeasance - HOT DAMN that thing slays! It's way beyond any other primary I've used in that mode.

Cerberus is still a great way to get those autorifle kills for the Breakneck though, especially the multikill part. It chews through multiple enemies at once.

Last edited:

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
So how grindy is the Dawning? Being playing MHW and Smash Ultimate these days and haven't check anything about it, also still at 603 -_-, it will take me weeks to finish the forge stuff.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
It's so fun spending all your milestones not moving a inch because you have a fucking piece of gear that's still - 11 light level of everything else.

does the fated engram still only drop Y1?

Yes, confirmed that Xur will not sell nor have in fated engram forsaken exotics. At least this season. And I would assume going forward, as Bungie wants Xur bounties to count.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Are there really no kinetic weapons in forges or am I blind? I don't see them in collections.

Why

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I believe there are multiple augmented weapons that can drop from the forge i.e., Bad News, Balligant, Atalanta etc. which are all kinetic.
Not sure if there will be other frames released which may be kinetic slotted.

I find light.gg to be fantastic source for finding rolls info on D2.
https://www.light.gg/db/new-items/season/5/new-weapons/

I know there are kinetic "Black Armory prototypes", I mean forge weapons from Ada. Those all seem to be energy, which sucks for LL grind since these are +5 LL above your current.

Some unreleased weapons are still classified in the API. In-game collection shows new pulse rifle, sword, bow and scout (I think?) and they were all Energy last time I checked.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Finally got Lunas Howl. Never touching comp again. Now I understand why people hate that playlist so much on PC lol

Oct 30, 2017
Did Bungie update the trophy requirements for Lest Ye Be Judged?

It just unlocked for me when I visited Xur. I thought that one needed Trials?

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Did Bungie update the trophy requirements for Lest Ye Be Judged?

It just unlocked for me when I visited Xur. I thought that one needed Trials?
Trials is on hiatus, and so it'd be impossible to visit the Trials social area. Now you just need to visit Xur to get your achievement/trophy/Platinum Trophy.

Believe they mentioned this in the Black Armory patch notes, somewhere near the bottom in really small text lol

Oct 30, 2017
Trials is on hiatus, and so it'd be impossible to visit the Trials social area. Now you just need to visit Xur to get your achievement/trophy/Platinum Trophy.

Believe they mentioned this in the Black Armory patch notes, somewhere near the bottom in really small text lol

Ah gotcha. Good for me cause I sucked ass at trials. Just gotta do a nightfall and the raid to get the platinum now.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
ug3citit0ewi82m1.png

done. took 3 tries and about 2 hours.

First try could have just tilted the group off the face of the earth. Techeun's announcing their gladdness, last ball carrier about to reach the finish line. Someone failed to pick up the last strength orb and I helplessly watched him from my orb location as he tried to recover and reach it before 2...1...

...back to orbit.

I'll barely remember the clear because it was largely unmemorable and extremely clean. I will always remember that first failure.

Also, there is no stress like that first fucking bridge jumping puzzle after Kale when it suddenly matters if you make it or not. Everything else is pretty easy.

Tip: Have 2x Well warlocks on the team and have them use those Wells for the Shuro Chi puzzle rooms in addition to the dps times. Drop them on the plates. Be ready to toss out the healing nades on people jumping on the dps phase plates too soon. You can save a run. Also, Thunderlord for Queenswalk. No exceptions other than ad-clearing Supers. It's too good a weapon to not use and there's no reason to use anything else.

Last edited:

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Finally got Lunas Howl. Never touching comp again. Now I understand why people hate that playlist so much on PC lol

Part of the problem is the stigma of that playlist. So many folks just abjectly fear it. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy almost.

Sure, it has a host of issues -- player population, connection fuckery, etc. If more folks would just get in there, though, it would even out.

Wurdfurd

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody want to run Last Wish later tonight (maybe 8 or 9 MST)? I've finally got to what i feel is raid ready and i kind of know all the mechanics. Been wanting to give it a go on PC with a chill group. Wurdfurd#1816

Status
Not open for further replies.