• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a general consensus on the easiest map for Legend Onslaught? I was thinking it'd probably be Midtown but maybe the size of Vostok would make it a bit more manageable?

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Are they rotating Onslaught weapons every week? If they are, can I still farm this weeks weapons by "focusing" at one of the statues?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Are they rotating Onslaught weapons every week? If they are, can I still farm this weeks weapons by "focusing" at one of the statues?

There's no rotation. 6 weapons are available now, with 2 more being added tomorrow. You can attune to a weapon whose quest you finished to focus on them at any time, but it's not a guaranteed drop, just higher chances.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty cool getting to playing PVE content on these multiplayers maps as someone who doesn't really like Destiny PVP. I'm surprised it took Bungie so long to try something like this. I know that used maps for some missions in the past but nothing really repeatable. For a game that requires quick turns around new stuff, this seems like a good use of asset reuse. I know a lot of fans hate that word but for me, there are large chunks of the game I rarely see because I don't find a specific side of Destiny very enjoyable so getting to play something I enjoy in these environments is nice.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw that someone has done Legend Onslaught solo, just insane. Decided to mess around and see how far I could get solo and got up to the incredible hights of wave 6.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty cool getting to playing PVE content on these multiplayers maps as someone who doesn't really like Destiny PVP. I'm surprised it took Bungie so long to try something like this. I know that used maps for some missions in the past but nothing really repeatable. For a game that requires quick turns around new stuff, this seems like a good use of asset reuse. I know a lot of fans hate that word but for me, there are large chunks of the game I rarely see because I don't find a specific side of Destiny very enjoyable so getting to play something I enjoy in these environments is nice.

Lots of exotic missions have had crucible maps be part of the quest.

Jun 9, 2023
So, just thinking here...

The new Mountaintop is launching today. It can now get Overflow. This normally would give you +100% magazine when you proc it picking up ammo. When TFS launches, these weapons will be able to have their perks enhanced. Enhanced Overflow gives you +120% magazine, and this always rounds up. That would mean it should always have 3 ammo as long as you are constantly picking up ammo. Pair this with a full buff Recombination in the 4th column, that would give you, effectively, 4 shots worth of damage, without needing to reload. Also, Enhanced Recombination only needs 8 Elemental kills, instead of normal 10, so it's even easier to ramp up.

Seems like a really good burst option for big targets like Champs, or the start of a damage rotation with B&S or whatever. Auto-Loading will still be amazing for just general usage with its constant uptime, but I'm just thinking that Enhanced Overflow might have a play as well. Just something to think about.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
So, just thinking here...

The new Mountaintop is launching today. It can now get Overflow. This normally would give you +100% magazine when you proc it picking up ammo. When TFS launches, these weapons will be able to have their perks enhanced. Enhanced Overflow gives you +120% magazine, and this always rounds up. That would mean it should always have 3 ammo as long as you are constantly picking up ammo. Pair this with a full buff Recombination in the 4th column, that would give you, effectively, 4 shots worth of damage, without needing to reload. Also, Enhanced Recombination only needs 8 Elemental kills, instead of normal 10, so it's even easier to ramp up.

Seems like a really good burst option for big targets like Champs, or the start of a damage rotation with B&S or whatever. Auto-Loading will still be amazing for just general usage with its constant uptime, but I'm just thinking that Enhanced Overflow might have a play as well. Just something to think about.

God I want one with recombination so bad, legit pocket rockets

Jun 9, 2023
God I want one with recombination so bad, legit pocket rockets
Yea, it's an interesting one for sure. I basically only ever use breach GLs for the Blinding utility, not their damage. Mountaintop doesn't even roll with Disorienting, so it's strictly a damage dealer. It can roll with all sorts of various combos for dealing damage, though, so it will be interesting to see how that all pans out, and what people end up liking.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Got the shiny Succession I wanted (also has the roll I enjoyed on the one I was using and also Discord which I've heard is pretty good on it too) just as I finished the Midnight Coup quest (what I will prioritise next as it is like a top 3 Destiny gun for me). 🥹

Edit: Lol just checked my postmaster and I got 2, second perks aren't as good on the other though.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Midnight Ride bugged? I'm at a whopping 0% despite plenty of kills in and out of the Crucible

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
THANK YOU SHAXX

image.png

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if i'm doing something wrong but i've done the brave quests for pulse, scout and hand cannon none of my 'shiny' drops have had double perk columns.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if i'm doing something wrong but i've done the brave quests for pulse, scout and hand cannon none of my 'shiny' drops have had double perk columns.

The one time weapon quests just get you a shiny paint job and a curated roll. The shiny weapons that randomly can drop offer two perks in the last columns.

Stryker

Oct 27, 2017
Worth using fireteam finder as the fight becomes is a lot more manageable with 3 guardians
  • Unload DPS supers and heavy at the start of the fight (as soon as his health bar appears) - this should instantly chunk down most of the first 3rd of his health bar
  • Damage-over-time exotics (le monarque / witherhoard) are great for Calus because you can pop a shot every few seconds while you're dealing with ads to prevent his shield from regenerating
  • Disorienting grenade launchers and strand suspend help massively with crowd control on tormentors/gladiators
Thank you for the tips. I didn't realise it could be done in a group, did that, plus the other advice and did it very easily last night. Thank you again.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
7uLOrtq.jpeg

Soooooo close. Those are my four preferred perks, but no spike gaddoggit.

This is also my one and only shiny mountaintop outside of the gifted roll. I've rolled maybe 20-25 mtops.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wow the og roll and the god roll you lucky you.

I feel that Firefly/Explosive Payload and Frenzy might be better (Fatebringer roll). Kinetic Tremors needs 6 HC shots to hit for activation (5 with enhanced). This would be good in harder content against Champs and Majors, but Frenzy is just free 15% damage plus 100 Handling and Reload Speed just for being in combat. I'm definitely keeping this roll but still looking for Frenzy in the fourth column.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about it in the Discord right now, but it might not be worth even chasing a Frenzy roll, since I have Fatebringer (Timelost) with EP/Frenzy. Biggest benefit of new Midnight Coup is that I can enhance the perks in TFS. But looks like Enhanced Frenzy doesn't do anything (it adds .5 s in duration but Foundry says it currently doesn't do that) and Enhanced EP just gives +5 reload. Enhanced Firefly (the other 3rd column perk I would want) also gets +5 reload, however Frenzy will max out Reload. So Midnight Coup might not even be worth chasing anymore if I have a Fatebringer that can use adept mods.

Stats are pretty similar, one is better with range and stability, while the other had better handling and reload speed.
image.png

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
That's precisely why I'm not chasing MC. This FB I spent hundreds of spoils chasing:

rfIerPz.png

(rip stability mw)

has me pretty chilled out on the kinetic hand cannon front.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Midnight Coup is good for people who don't raid to get the fatebringer or suffer in comp for Rose, it doesnt really do anything in the sandbox that makes it stand out in PVP or PVE.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That's precisely why I'm not chasing MC. This FB I spent hundreds of spoils chasing:

rfIerPz.png

(rip stability mw)

has me pretty chilled out on the kinetic hand cannon front.

Wow, hundreds of spoils? I got lucky and got my godroll in a single Templar farm, on the third or fourth clear iirc.

Funnily enough, it's the exact same roll as yours but with a Range MW.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, hundreds of spoils? I got lucky and got my godroll in a single Templar farm, on the third or fourth clear iirc.

Funnily enough, it's the exact same roll as yours but with a Range MW.
Hundreds of spoils and a few weeks chasing that.

My #1 choice was handling but I would have very happily taken range. Stability? lol.

Midnight Coup is good for people who don't raid to get the fatebringer or suffer in comp for Rose, it doesnt really do anything in the sandbox that makes it stand out in PVP or PVE.
Pretty much yeah.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
By the way was just watching Leopard do some mountaintop testing - can re-confirm blast radius still plays an enormous part in Spike damage. Hard Launch would be the best barrel with Spike because of the -5 blast radius.

Spike adds anywhere from 10-15% more damage depending on the blast radius number (lower blast radius = higher spike damage)

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I feel that Firefly/Explosive Payload and Frenzy might be better (Fatebringer roll). Kinetic Tremors needs 6 HC shots to hit for activation (5 with enhanced). This would be good in harder content against Champs and Majors, but Frenzy is just free 15% damage plus 100 Handling and Reload Speed just for being in combat. I'm definitely keeping this roll but still looking for Frenzy in the fourth column.
What about ep and kt? Isnt it just 3 to trigger?