• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If you're not at the pinnacle light level cap (1810) yet, go to Shaxx's Hall and pick up the Gift of Thunder or whatever it's called for a full set of armor and weapons that are all 1810. And then I guess just start playing the Into The Light content which recently dropped. Onslaught is a fun horde mode activity and some good weapons to grab there (Edge Transit is now boss DPS meta).

Some more good advice here:

View: https://youtu.be/8jkpZhOB2Tg?si=f670LhFGajebW3j3

There are timestamps since he covers on what to do depending on where you left off, so skip to the Lightfall timestamp.

Awesome, thank you!

I'm having a blast again, no surprise. It's also my first foray into Destiny on PC... I'm in love. It looks and runs so good!

Jun 9, 2023
Knowing Bungie, they prolly gonna increase the drops near the end of the season to guarantee a shiny at a wave 50 completion or something.
A full 50 wave clear should guarantee you a random Deepsight of 1 of the weapons. If you engage with the activity for 60+ hours to acquire all 12 weapon patterns, you should then at least be guaranteed the standard weapon roll you want. Then, acquiring all 12 patterns unlocks Superblack. The shiny weapons shouldn't be going away. They should just be the double-perk Adept variants for people to 'chase' or whatever. But nope, the 'engagement numbers over player enjoyment' bean counters still find a way to ruin it. Keep grinding those clears, maybe you'll get the roll you want eventually. Maybe

This whole thing is such a classic Bungle thing. From the attempt to super timegate things, to the horrible droprates, to the imminent removal of the Limited Edition weapons altogether. This event was just tee'd up for them to knock it out of the park, both from a rewarding and enjoyable gameplay standpoint, and from community goodwill. Nostalgia-bait people into getting hyped, fan fav weapons back with new rolls, a long-requested cool Shader, an exciting trailer for what's coming in TFS, etc. Even with all that going for them, they still find a way to step on the rake and fuck it up.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, thank you!

I'm having a blast again, no surprise. It's also my first foray into Destiny on PC... I'm in love. It looks and runs so good!

Oh, if you play at high framerate (over 60) you're playing on a higher difficulty. Certain damage sources do a lot more damage to you at high frame rates (Taken blight pools, for example). And Lament's combo doesn't work either, so if you wanted to do it on a boss you'd need to drop your framerate. I still play at 162 frames, though lol.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I'm about to delete my crafted Succession and also just blind delete every Brave one I get. I get it more than whatever weapon I'm attuned to.

Sick of it. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about Forbearance by the end of the day.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't have any trouble with wave 50 bugging, but definitely had multiple chests not dropping anything (I assume the same for the 2 others too given they kept shooting and punching the chests). Not a massive deal as they would seemingly drop on the floor at some point before the next boss, but not sure what happens if you die inbettween that.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, if you play at high framerate (over 60) you're playing on a higher difficulty. Certain damage sources do a lot more damage to you at high frame rates (Taken blight pools, for example). And Lament's combo doesn't work either, so if you wanted to do it on a boss you'd need to drop your framerate. I still play at 162 frames, though lol.
This post has turned my world upside down. Apparently this is also why the Seraph Towers lock on to me so fast. I thought the designers were just sadists.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
This post has turned my world upside down. Apparently this is also why the Seraph Towers lock on to me so fast. I thought the designers were just sadists.

This has always been the case with the PC version. There's a lot of things it affects, even damage from enemies like champions.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Focusing its just a complete waste. I got 3 Hung Jury , 1 Elsie Rifle and 1 Hammerhead in the past hour and i'm focused with Mountaintop.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I will be capping my framerate at 60 (or even 30??) when I run Legend Avalon for the Queensguard title, before the next Vaultening occurs with TFS.

My friends getting boosted to 1810 with that chest will help.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Got two shinys at the same tme. One from round 10 chest and one from the weekly pinnacle. I'll never get this lucky in Destiny ever again. All down hill from here.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Focusing its just a complete waste. I got 3 Hung Jury , 1 Elsie Rifle and 1 Hammerhead in the past hour and i'm focused with Mountaintop.

Just because probability was bad to you doesn't mean it is a waste, they released exactly how it works for once so we know it isn't.

Attuning gives you a flat 50% chance for that weapon from activity chest drops (it doesn't affect the Bravery chest in the hall or Shaxx engrams, those are all equal chance), and splits the other 50% equally between all other weapons you have unlocked. Losing 5 50/50s assuming you're 100% sure you attuned to Mountaintop (claiming any new weapon from the quest makes you change your attunement so it might've been on Hammerhead) and they were all only from the activity chests sucks and is rare (about a 3% chance if my math isn't wrong) but certainly possible.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I will be capping my framerate at 60 (or even 30??) when I run Legend Avalon for the Queensguard title, before the next Vaultening occurs with TFS.

My friends getting boosted to 1810 with that chest will help.

Avalon won't go away. It will be in the exotic rotator either next season, or the season after that.

They have learned their lesson with exotic missions and are keeping all of them. Even the the ones that aren't that great--looking at you Vox Obscura.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Avalon won't go away. It will be in the exotic rotator either next season, or the season after that.

They have learned their lesson with exotic missions and are keeping all of them. Even the the ones that aren't that great--looking at you Vox Obscura.

Yeah but the Queensguard Title won't be earnable anymore, Seasonal Titles get Vaulted after each year.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Sony needs to forcefully install Destiny 2 on every ps5 that players cant delete. That way theyll be hooked the second they jump in.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Sony needs to forcefully install Destiny 2 on every ps5 that players cant delete. That way theyll be hooked the second they jump in.

When you log in it will automatically start Destiny 2 and will ask you with 5 different prompts if you are sure you want to quit the game.

then when you select another game, it will ask you "are you sure you wouldn't rather be playing Destiny 2?"

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The rewards for Onslaught are still terrible. They should give way more token, engrams, anything.
I think the tokens is a easy way for them to make going all they way worth it. Like round 40 and 50 should give you like 40 and 50 tokens each or something. 10 and 20 should give the same (hell none even so if people are just there for that stupid 20 wave bounty they get very little but it), 30 gives 10 I guess just to make it a nice 100 for doing the rounds 30, 40 and 50.

The weapons from the waves and then 10+ from the box where you can very quickly change your attuned weapon I think would be very worthwhile.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Has Bungie said anything about adding in other races into Onslaught beyond just Hive and Fallen? I swear I remembered them talking about the Taken at some point. Although I'd imagine that if they were going to add more races before The Final Shape, they would have been added in this week since it's the halfway point in terms of introducing new loot.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has Bungie said anything about adding in other races into Onslaught beyond just Hive and Fallen? I swear I remembered them talking about the Taken at some point. Although I'd imagine that if they were going to add more races before The Final Shape, they would have been added in this week since it's the halfway point in terms of introducing new loot.
I think they said the Taken were up to something during one of the preview streams, or something like that. Maybe they'll be added in a few weeks (maybe alongside Zero Hour?).

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Can the old Trials shaders be acquired from dismantling items now? I've been hoping some day Bungle would let us get the shaders off those items. I've kept an old Eye for a long time now, because it has Cobalt Clash on it.
I dont believe so.
When you log in it will automatically start Destiny 2 and will ask you with 5 different prompts if you are sure you want to quit the game.

then when you select another game, it will ask you "are you sure you wouldn't rather be playing Destiny 2?"
Sometimes people dont know whats best for them so this would just be getting the word out in a peaceful way.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just because probability was bad to you doesn't mean it is a waste, they released exactly how it works for once so we know it isn't.

Attuning gives you a flat 50% chance for that weapon from activity chest drops (it doesn't affect the Bravery chest in the hall or Shaxx engrams, those are all equal chance), and splits the other 50% equally between all other weapons you have unlocked. Losing 5 50/50s assuming you're 100% sure you attuned to Mountaintop (claiming any new weapon from the quest makes you change your attunement so it might've been on Hammerhead) and they were all only from the activity chests sucks and is rare (about a 3% chance if my math isn't wrong) but certainly possible.
The RNGods hate me.

I just want ONE mountaintop with ALH pls

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
1XENnBe.png

N1CAC6U.gif

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing missing was spike grenades but whatever i'm satisfiied lol

Now to grind Hammerhead.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Only thing missing was spike grenades but whatever i'm satisfiied lol

Now to grind Hammerhead.

No, you have reduced blast radius, so that will do more damage than 100 blast radius with Spike Grenades, because Mountaintop does more impact damage due to its frame type. It's a very small increase in damage, but welcome nonetheless. And you have the barrel and magazine combo that people have been farming for (Hard Launch and Implosion Rounds), a true godroll.

Last edited:

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
SUNSETTING IS DEAD

One problem we encountered when designing Fireteam Power was Power limits found on older gear items. You might have noticed as you read about Fireteam Power that the Adjusted Power shared by the Power Leader would sidestep the caps on old Power limited items, making it possible to ignore them. After thoroughly considering the problem space, we came to the decision to remove Power limits from all items starting in The Final Shape.

Always being able to play with your friends was a huge goal for us. As we close out the Light and Darkness saga, we want to rally all Guardians (active, returning, and new) to help fight the Witness, and there is no better way to play Destiny than with your fireteam. As we pursued this goal, it became apparent that Power limits were fundamentally incompatible with Fireteam Power.

We understand that many old Power limited items have been dismantled by this point, and we regret that we have no recovery mechanism for these. Going forward, we intend to reintroduce sources for most or all of these, updated to modern Destiny sandbox standards with added properties such as Origin Traits and buildcrafting perks (as we have started to do with the BRAVE arsenal in Destiny 2: Into the Light).
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this_week_in_destiny_04_25_24

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
SUNSETTING IS DEAD

One problem we encountered when designing Fireteam Power was Power limits found on older gear items. You might have noticed as you read about Fireteam Power that the Adjusted Power shared by the Power Leader would sidestep the caps on old Power limited items, making it possible to ignore them. After thoroughly considering the problem space, we came to the decision to remove Power limits from all items starting in The Final Shape.

Always being able to play with your friends was a huge goal for us. As we close out the Light and Darkness saga, we want to rally all Guardians (active, returning, and new) to help fight the Witness, and there is no better way to play Destiny than with your fireteam. As we pursued this goal, it became apparent that Power limits were fundamentally incompatible with Fireteam Power.

We understand that many old Power limited items have been dismantled by this point, and we regret that we have no recovery mechanism for these. Going forward, we intend to reintroduce sources for most or all of these, updated to modern Destiny sandbox standards with added properties such as Origin Traits and buildcrafting perks (as we have started to do with the BRAVE arsenal in Destiny 2: Into the Light).

You should mention that this is from the latest TWID

Bungie.net