• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Disney brings back James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO. I can imagine the reactions certain groups of people are having over this news.

Anyways, good move by Disney. It would have been better for Gunn to not be fired in the first place but bringing him back after a delay was the second best option.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It sounded (Not sure if it was from this article) that other directors were never even in contact to replace. So... I guess they were waiting for the ful scenario to play out but hedging their bets as well?

This made me so happy today. Doesn't make up for the overall horribleness of today, like, at all. But I'll take it.

I saw tons of left-wing voices cheering his removal when it happened which was upsetting. Hope they can come around on this.

Feb 15, 2019
This is great news! I feel like it takes a lot for a company like Disney to admit when they're wrong, and this was something they really screwed up. Gunn was responsible for helping create some of the best movies in the MCU.

Nov 17, 2017
Amazing how far a sincere, real apology will get you
This was my takeaway, as well. Gunn handled this really well by sincerely apologizing and never badmouthing Disney publicly. Looks like that approach and ongoing meetings with Alan Horn eventually got him his job back.

There are a lot of other public figures that could learn a lot from this.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they brought him back. His comments were gross, no doubt about that, but they were comments that he made years ago when he was a completely different person. Comments that he had long apologized for, and had already shown to have become a far better person since that time.

I see no reason to allow him to come back. He's shown himself to be sincere in his regret, which is far more than can be said for some individuals when awful shit they've said or done has come to light.

Last edited: