• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There we go, the Luca fans finally get their plea answered! I was really hoping he'd be a Water Blade though, that element really needs some more strong adventurers. Hopefully MH will have something there for that.

I'll probably hold back on summoning for Luca to see what the MH collab looks like (assuming we get the news in-time). I'm not exactly starved for more light adventurers, and would rather save my pulls for potential waifu. I'll wait and see how Luca is first, if he's really good I might do a few ten-pulls.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Victor: "Some folks say I'm the most badass-looking male character in the game."

Gala Luca: "Hold my bow."
Funny you say that, because right now I desperately need a Victor to lead my green team comprising of WElly, Maribelle, and Noelle. (For now, Addis ain't cutting it.) I also already have Gala Prince and Mitsuhide.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Celliera will lead the way to meta Water blades with her Mana Spiral update if she ever gets a re-run.

Patia buffing both Strength and Defense is pretty intense. Now she's a proper strength buffer on top of bolstering defense and now has the longest buff time we've ever seen with 35% buff time. I think Botan is still better for being a pure DPS since she has a strong bleed on top of her S2 buffs Crit rate on top of strength, but now Patia is comparable by giving out more overall strength buffs and defense buffs. Patia now also has the potential ability to be an off-element strength buffer like Eli, especially when combined with Odd Sparrows.

Since they are doing two months worth of shadow adventurer buffs (3 if you count Cassandra and Botan from December), it's clear to me they decided to group them by banners. So Heinwald, Curran, and Lathna all got buffed as the Accursed Archive crew while Delphi and Patia got buffed from the Fractured Futures gang after Cassandra. Since Mana Spirals are confirmed monthly, we may literally get every single dark adventurer except Gleo buffed in order to bring them up to Gleo's level. I feel like Nefaria will probably pop up next month alongside the other launch dark units (and maybe Alex), but they may also postpone it until they figure out what exactly they want to do with her kit, since it's going to require a major re-work to be usable.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
What, is Luca going to hide from the rest of the cast? Why would he hand Victor his bow like that.

Funny you say that, because right now I desperately need a Victor to lead my green team comprising of WElly, Maribelle, and Noelle. (For now, Addis ain't cutting it.) I also already have Gala Prince and Mitsuhide.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have exactly one of those characters, and it's not Victor. :P

My main wind team hasn't changed since last summer. The drawbacks of Wyrmite hoarding. -_-

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Do you have Joachim? He actually deals a huge amount of damage thanks to Poison Punisher (the DPS sim got his numbers wrong initially, he literally outpaces Victor's DPS) on top of increasing your other DPS's damage when you give them all the Poison Punisher Wyrmprint.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apparently Lathna's dragon form will literally do 215% more damage to a Poisoned foe (literally had no bonus before)? I wonder how that'll shake out in terms of DPS.

Also, here's the most recent Dragalia Life, featuring Jupiter and Ranzal.
0a590ad35f638c73307f13370c326649.png

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Celliera will lead the way to meta Water blades with her Mana Spiral update if she ever gets a re-run.

Patia buffing both Strength and Defense is pretty intense. Now she's a proper strength buffer on top of bolstering defense and now has the longest buff time we've ever seen with 35% buff time. I think Botan is still better for being a pure DPS since she has a strong bleed on top of her S2 buffs Crit rate on top of strength, but now Patia is comparable by giving out more overall strength buffs and defense buffs. Patia now also has the potential ability to be an off-element strength buffer like Eli, especially when combined with Odd Sparrows.

Since they are doing two months worth of shadow adventurer buffs (3 if you count Cassandra and Botan from December), it's clear to me they decided to group them by banners. So Heinwald, Curran, and Lathna all got buffed as the Accursed Archive crew while Delphi and Patia got buffed from the Fractured Futures gang after Cassandra. Since Mana Spirals are confirmed monthly, we may literally get every single dark adventurer except Gleo buffed in order to bring them up to Gleo's level. I feel like Nefaria will probably pop up next month alongside the other launch dark units (and maybe Alex), but they may also postpone it until they figure out what exactly they want to do with her kit, since it's going to require a major re-work to be usable.

They're pushing a poison meta for dark units just now, so thinking that the blind afflicting units will come later once they work out how to best make them work? Unless they just rescope them entirely.

Still, wasn't expecting it to be a load of 5* units who were already pretty decent but such is life with G!Cleo.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you all do with your 3/4* weapon drops? Sell them? Use them as level fodder? Disassemble them? I've been doing the latter, but with the frequency at which they drop now, and the fact that you can only break apart one weapon at a time (where's that batch function!?), I think I might just start selling them or using them as fodder.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They're pushing a poison meta for dark units just now, so thinking that the blind afflicting units will come later once they work out how to best make them work? Unless they just rescope them entirely.

Still, wasn't expecting it to be a load of 5* units who were already pretty decent but such is life with G!Cleo.

Yeah, they may legitimately be buffing every single dark adventurer to Gleo's level, so they decided to start with the dark adventurers most people probably whaled for, which is basically all the other 5* dark adventurers, doled out by banners. Would not surprise me to basically see a few dark adventurers in every month's Mana Spiral update until we get all of them. The next new 5* dark adventurer will be an interesting one in this "bring everything up to Gleo's level" world.

What do you all do with your 3/4* weapon drops? Sell them? Use them as level fodder? Disassemble them? I've been doing the latter, but with the frequency at which they drop now, and the fact that you can only break apart one weapon at a time (where's that batch function!?), I think I might just start selling them or using them as fodder.
I basically sell everything that isn't a relevant void weapon like void dragons or chimera.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It'll be interesting to see what Heinwald's healing numbers will be like after his buff. I'll be amazed if they successfully make the meta accept healers in a previously healer-less meta. OG Cleo's got a lot on her plate.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have Joachim? He actually deals a huge amount of damage thanks to Poison Punisher (the DPS sim got his numbers wrong initially, he literally outpaces Victor's DPS) on top of increasing your other DPS's damage when you give them all the Poison Punisher Wyrmprint.
Yes I have Joaquin. Should I promote him to 5*? I'm a little short on wyrmite, and apparently my priority is to MUB Dear Diary and Forest Binds for my Chelsea build.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Gala Luca making me feel even better about boosting Chitose. They seem like a perfect fit. Could see a Daiko G!Luca fitting in the Geuden/Malora spot for a Mitsu(Fleur)/Geuden/Gluca/Chitose HZD comp.

Also the madmen are giving Delphi 70MC. Delphi is so universally good as it is... he's like second to Gleo (ignore Halloween Lowen) in helping clear off-element MGs. Could've just left him the premiere poison enabler for Ieyasu and the new Lathna, but giving him stats so his poison mods are even higher? Nuts. I'll take it tho. Gonna take a long time for me to 70 MC Delphi, Curran, AND Heinwald since they're all on my dark team lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm guessing they literally want Delphi comp to be as strong if not stronger than Gleo comp. We'll see if that becomes the case, I'm thinking something like Delphi/Lathna/Ieyasu/Heinwald, and the damage is so high that it's equal or more damage than the 3 Gleo/Audric comp.

OG Cleo is most likely coming next month.

Why couldn't Delphi get full strength.

Because you might legitimately just run multiple Delphi's at that point since his kit is balanced around having 40% strength, and they're trying really hard not to replicate Gleo stacking with these buffs.

Yes I have Joaquin. Should I promote him to 5*? I'm a little short on wyrmite, and apparently my priority is to MUB Dear Diary and Forest Binds for my Chelsea build.

I'm guessing you mean Eldwater? I'd say to slot Joachim in for now and see how he performs. If you're short on Eldwater, you can just put DD and FB on Joachim as well since he's a bow user as well.

I know, right? It's weird how popular is Celliera and we still haven't got a re run for her event. We even got a summer costume for her and she does some cameos on Dragalia Life.

And she's apparently the mentor that starts the Mentor bonus program based on the Version Update Preview Image, literally uses her for the stamp!

e47ed3880e413c7b6136cd5517c00043.png

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, got Joachim on the free daily. I got tempted to pull a few times when I rated up and got Kristi but not him, so this keeps me from trying some more singles or something.

And as of this morning I got my third eVolk clear and without having a guide out to quickly reference this time... not that it ever helped much, I kinda just got lucky this morning, but I'm getting a better feel for the fight! I wouldn't say it's necessarily lacking "one hit kills" given some things I've seen (especially as I'm Lowen so if I get stuck, I'm not getting healed, so...), but it's at least harder to die in most cases, hmm.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So now that we know Gala Luca is next, do I go all out trying to get him, or wait until the MH event? I still have 1 Welcome Pack available to purchase. Wish we knew more about who is coming with the MH event lol. Is Berserker going to be a free character, where you have to build up his friendship to keep like Mega Man?

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So now that we know Gala Luca is next, do I go all out trying to get him, or wait until the MH event? I still have 1 Welcome Pack available to purchase. Wish we knew more about who is coming with the MH event lol. Is Berserker going to be a free character, where you have to build up his friendship to keep like Mega Man?
Berserker will be on the banner. And you can just wait for the last day of the Gala to see which units are on the MH banner before pulling.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Berserker will be on the banner. And you can just wait for the last day of the Gala to see which units are on the MH banner before pulling.
Oh right, ok thanks.

Btw, did we already get the free 10 fold they were talking about in the update a few days ago? I had gotten one, but I wasnt sure if it was that or from the event going on atm.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh right, ok thanks.

Btw, did we already get the free 10 fold they were talking about in the update a few days ago? I had gotten one, but I wasnt sure if it was that or from the event going on atm.

That tenfold will come when everyone is forced to update to the new version.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

You were already told about Berserker being gacha, but I believe what we get for free this time is Rathalos as a dragon, fwiw. Hopefully he's got a decent aura; we do know his model is randomly huge, which is something...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
You know, they never said we WEREN'T getting a welfare adventurer (a palico would be fitting), though that's pretty wishful thinking. We may know the answer tomorrow when they'll apparently release a trailer.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Results for the winter Summoner Survey were just posted:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey a few weeks ago. I really appreciate it. ^_^

As of now I'm planning to make another one in March, but I seriously don't know how much longer I'll be able to continue doing this, especially if participation continues its downward trend. We'll see what happens...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In terms of Mana Spiral updates, they probably also picked Accursed Archives and Fractured Futures together because they have the 5-stars that represent the two halves of their Poison meta, Cassandra/Delphi being poison enablers and Lathna/Curran being poison lovers. If I were to guess, Natalie/Yaten are being saved for the non-Poison comp, which would probably have buff stripping and currently include Botan and funnily enough Gleo. I'm going to guess it would be a revamped energy comp, where Yaten is the key member of the comp that energizes the carries of the group, which would be Botan/Gleo/Natalie/Patia/any other adventurer that doesn't fall into the poison comp. They may still be debating on how to go about buffing Nefaria, whether she should have her kit reworked altogether for poison or be put in the later group by either reworking blind or other aspects of her kit.

Results for the winter Summoner Survey were just posted:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey a few weeks ago. I really appreciate it. ^_^

As of now I'm planning to make another one in March, but I seriously don't know how much longer I'll be able to continue doing this, especially if participation continues its downward trend. We'll see what happens...

2nd anniversary may be a fitting stopping point depending on how things shake out. You could also space out the surveys more to specifically be during anniversary and six-month anniversary, as those are usually when we have the highest influx of players and it'd cut your yearly workload in half. Renelle fan art may bolster more interest in the next survey.👀

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Damn, I love the synergy in Gala Luca's kit. If it had a little team support in there it'd be perfect, but still a focused crit machine.

After much agonizing I gave Ezelith the 70MC treatment and now my fire team (Ez/Rena/Sarisse/Emma) melts faces. I know Euden is probably the smart investment next but I still prefer Naveed so much more across the board, would be great to have a reason to put him in teams again. Also been experimenting with Xania and like what she brings to the table. No need to rush into it though, been enjoying the current roster and in a good place with fire overall.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
2nd anniversary may be a fitting stopping point depending on how things shake out. You could also space out the surveys more to specifically be during anniversary and six-month anniversary, as those are usually when we have the highest influx of players and it'd cut your yearly workload in half. Renelle fan art may bolster more interest in the next survey.👀

Oh, you know it. It would certainly bolster my interest in the next survey, at the very least. 🥴

But probably for the first time in my life, I'm... actually considering drawing some fan art myself. Like maybe I have some kind of latent talent that's been waiting to emerge. (Ha! Right.) If I were to attempt anything, I'd take great inspiration from the Dragalia Life comics since they're cute and simplistic and light on detail. But we'll see. lol

And yeah, I'm eyeing the 2nd anniversary as the finish line for this project, or maybe even June since that's when the first survey was made last year. Releasing one every six months is also a fab idea though, would help with burnout, and allow me to continue these through 2021 if I wanted to. Hmm...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to summon for G!Luca, but he does look like he'd be a lot of fun and I do have a decent amount of resources saved up. At the very least, I'll probably spend my tickets and see if I get lucky, but I won't go too much in with MH just a few days away.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you mean Eldwater? I'd say to slot Joachim in for now and see how he performs. If you're short on Eldwater, you can just put DD and FB on Joachim as well since he's a bow user as well.
Sorry, I did mean Eldwater. I'm trying to build up Joachim to slot in with my 5*, who are all...5*, and Joachim is only 4*. Although I'm actually betting to land Victor during the Gala but it looks like Gluca will be give priority, and as much as it would be nice to have him I'm already pretty set with my Light team. It's my Wind team that's currently suffering.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Roughly a year since I first started playing dragalia, I have now, for the first time ever, officially run out of Rupies.

It took me about ten seconds of confusedly staring at the crafting screen wondering why I couldn't craft this weapon since I had all the resources for it until I noticed the rupies...

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Just to make sure, I can summon Gala Cleo on this current banner, right? I don't want to start pulling only to have wasted my tickets and Wyrmite.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just to make sure, I can summon Gala Cleo on this current banner, right? I don't want to start pulling only to have wasted my tickets and Wyrmite.
You can, she's just not rated up. I got both G! Cleo and G! Sarisse doing my pulls just now (both were dupes, unfortunately).

Anyway, I spent more than I planned. 100 single tickets, 5 ten-fold vouchers and around 10k wyrmite. I still have a little under 70k wyrmite saved for MH, so I should be okay. As for my pulls:

G! Sarisse (Dupe)
G! Cleo (Dupe)
Lathna (New)
Naveed (Dupe)
Hawk (Dupe)
Hildegarde (Dupe)
Chelsea (New)
Annelie (Dupe)
G! Luca (New)

Pazuzu (MUB)
Liger (2UB)
Kamuy (New)
Jeanne (3UB)
Vayu x2 (New)
Prometheus (2UB)
Zephyr (3UB)
Nidhogg (already MUB)

In the end I got G! Luca, so it was worth it. Good luck to everyone else pulling.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tip. I think I might as well try, since who knows how long it will be until she's a focus unit again.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
~29 singles got me Luca + Jiang Ziya, along with some adventure dupes and a Freyja dupe (welcome to having 1UB, Noelle?)

then did 6 10s, got a few adventurer dupes and Corsaint, Cthonius dupe (...MUB now), Long Long, and Levi dupe (...0UB new one, oops)

may do a little bit more on last day or something, but otherwise very happy to get Luca and especially JZ (Thaniel's going back out to sea...) along with the dragons, which is actually mostly what I was hoping to get more of (though not exactly any of these) since I'll probably be using sunstones soon

and I'm now somehow 1 Nyar away from having a full set of MUB dark dragons (+ a bonus 3UB Mari from NY banner), and with Corsaint and Long Long the only 5* dragons I don't have in general are uh... Hastur and Garland, I think?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I got Gala Cleo! And it only took 38 single summon tickets, 9 ten summon tickets, and 45K Wyrmite! I only have 13K left now, so I'll have to start saving again in case there's another banner I like.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Game trolled me so hard today.

Golden bow-finally! Gala Sari...dupe Nefaria

Golden trident, finally! Gala M... dupe Xainfried.

Golden blade, Gala Lu... wait, it actually is Gluca, nice!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Newest Dragalia Life is up, featuring Gala Luca, Laxi, and Elisanne.
b12859f63ed611978116c43c98c3f4ae.png

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
So I got Lathna during my pulls, and I unlocked her story...but I don't understand her background considering I missed her events. Can somebody summarize/just spoil to me what happened during those events?